CAG/PS3 Red Dead Redemption Posse Nights ( SUNDAYS! )

[quote name='lokizz']will you all be going around to do the challenges or playing mp ?[/QUOTE]

I was playing Free Roam this morning with Kube00 and we were just going around clearing out and re-clearing out the gang hideouts. I guess it would've helped if we both had advanced a bit further into the game, as half of the map was still sort of greyed out.

But after he left this morning, I ended up going on a killing spree. I annihilated like 12 wolves, 2-6 birds of varying sizes, 2-5 deer and a ton of other varmints.;)

As you keep repeating the gang hideouts you unlock better and better weapons since you seem to level up very quickly. We both had about 3-5 types of rifles on us and 4-6 types of pistols, as well as various other weapons(fire bottles, aka molotov cocktails, for one).

Just the free roam by itself is enough to keep me amused for months and months.

before the cag posse, i was playing with combatrhombus in team DM. i dont know i was doing but i was on fire! 14-0!

fun games. it wasn't as frustrating as randoms with free roam.. where they shoot first, and then shoot some more. i hate it when youre looking at your map and bam! killed by randoms shithole.

had to quit early for dinner and LOST finale.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright. I just added KilvaKills and wotcher to my friends list. Anyone else around who wants to try out some of the modes?[/QUOTE]

add me lokizz00 im going to up in for a bit.

Wotcher you were raping me that game was quite disgusting if you ask me. I turned my sensitivity down a bit and that made it much better. The game is much easier now that I look at the map more often and setup my way points.

Had a good clan tonight, it was fun doing some of the hideouts and hunting...but stay clear of the cougars out there, they're always hunting the young cowboys out there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright. I just added KilvaKills and wotcher to my friends list. Anyone else around who wants to try out some of the modes?[/QUOTE]

Cheapest I sent you an invite.

[quote name='lokizz']add me lokizz00 im going to up in for a bit.[/QUOTE]

I will add the next time I'm on.

[quote name='combatrhombus']
Cheapest I sent you an invite.[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice it until just now.:cry: I've been going around Armadillo trying to shoot as many random NPC's as possible to see how high of a bounty/wanted level I can get and evade.

For some reason your friend request is still up on my friends list, but when I went to accept it earlier it said it was withdrawn, so you're not on my friends list.

Hey do any of you know where the PS3 EXCLUSIVE challenge is on the map ? If so can you try to type an estimate of where I could find it , thanks :D

[quote name='combatrhombus']
Had a good clan tonight, it was fun doing some of the hideouts and hunting...but stay clear of the cougars out there, they're always hunting the young cowboys out there.
[/QUOTE]

ive been reading about fear of cougars. but the two times that i encountered them, i survived relatively with no injuries. the first time, i heard it and it missed mauling my horse. shotgun to the head. in the second time, it going to kill my horse/me because i spun around wrong. it got one hit on the horse. but then decided to maul the npc. its funny because it was one of those blue npcs that you find in the middle of the desert. he died and i failed the mission. but no death to cougar so far.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey do any of you know where the PS3 EXCLUSIVE challenge is on the map ? If so can you try to type an estimate of where I could find it , thanks :D[/QUOTE]

check social club

pike's peak
salomon's folly

you need to unlock each gang hangout first.

[quote name='enufs8d']ive been reading about fear of cougars. but the two times that i encountered them, i survived relatively with no injuries. the first time, i heard it and it missed mauling my horse. shotgun to the head. in the second time, it going to kill my horse/me because i spun around wrong. it got one hit on the horse. but then decided to maul the npc. its funny because it was one of those blue npcs that you find in the middle of the desert. he died and i failed the mission. but no death to cougar so far.[/QUOTE]

itll happen. theyre one of the few predatory animals in the game that dont always mae noise when theyre attacking and theyre fast. i almost got killed by one on free roam the other night trying to find red sage. i thought i saw something most past me at the corner of the screen but when i looked for it nothing was there.

i got my sage and rode off for a bit and when i turned my horse around there was a mountain lion running straight for me. that guy was right when he said theyre like ninjas.

Wait till you have to kill the legendary type animals, then it gets much worse.

Currently level 24, so if you need help or a faster mount to travel on, I can help.

BTW if you guys see me online (PSN: j-cart) and see me playing a different game, just send me a message with the game title in the subject. I am always down to play Mp games with others rather than single player games.

unfortunately levels dont mean much in the game since you can boost pike. hell, im 20 something. dtruk was prestiged (50) + 30?

but i die by cougar. on horseback, i stopped to see a blue dot npc. shes yelling for her life. but its pitch dark and i cant see shit (also b/c i got bad glare problems on my tv with sunlight). she dies. the cougar takes out my horse. i was ready to dead eye the sucker. but then another got one. just my luck, there were two of them.

It was fun last night playing with the CAG posse, funny I've found the cougars unconsistent, sometimes they just attack out of no where other times they swarm and are not quick to attack (case in point last night up in one area I was on horseback, and like 5-6 came around, not one attacked me & I just picked them off, later when one of my fellow posse members came up they even saw all the dead cougars lying around, What are 'Legendary' animals? the one I animal I find hard to attack in that 'huge' boar I saw him chasing a guy shot at him to help and the darn thing charged me, and my horse and was overly aggressive

I did find a rattlesnake, they just strike you as your walking and you see a flash, (got off my horse to get some 'herbs' lol, feverfew and "bam" something got me.. but it didn't knock me down or anything so you can shoot them, still however haven's seen a bobcat ?

If not for my one PSN/CAG friend who joined our free roam game pretty late last night I would've probably been mauled by a bear AND cougar up in Tall Trees.

I got off my horse to check out the cabin we were near and I thought I saw a bear lumbering around a second or two earlier, but then it seemed to disappear. My buddy shot it when it was really close behind me.

Those cougars though are a major league pain in the ass. It seems like you kill one and another 3-4 show up.

After everyone else left, we took a trek out to the far eastern edge of the map. There's a wrecked riverboat out there and we encountered a ton of random NPC's, boars, cougars and a bunch of other animals.

If any of you guys want to try playing the other side of the game(being outlaws)one of these nights, all it takes is going into a town and shooting up the place to get a bounty on your head.

If you get a high enough bounty, your fellow outlaws can try and take you out to collect on it, I think.

If anyone would like to join me in this game, add up BeFlatLine. I'll also be jamming out to UFC 2010 and ModNation Racers once Gamestop delivers on my order :)

[quote name='TedwardRoberts']Running into crashes here and there now on loading screens... :([/QUOTE]

Like I keep saying, if you don't mind doing it, try restoring the file system for your PS3 as it may be seriously corrupted. That has fixed freezing issues before, though I'm not 100% sure it'll fix crashing.

If this is going to happen again, I think it should be more organized. What time and what modes people plan to play willing to play would help.

Last time half of os split up and were picking flowers and half was doing missions lol.

If anyone wants to play this game i will be on often. I am almost at level 20 so then when i play competetive matches I don't have to worry about the call of duty aim assist.
I played a couple of matches today and the aim assist and all the kicks i've been getting make me want to kick rockstar.

Yeah I have to agree it was very unorganized lol, but it was about 90% my fault as I am the maker of the thread. I should have stated the gametype and stuff.

Me personally wouldnt mind just hanging out in the Free Roam ( that is just my opinion ) That is as long as my fellow CAGs dont make it a Deathmatch fest ;) I sometimes just like going on treacherous hikes and killing cougars and bears :D

[quote name='NamPaehc']If this is going to happen again, I think it should be more organized. What time and what modes people plan to play willing to play would help.

Last time half of os split up and were picking flowers and half was doing missions lol.[/QUOTE]

flowers? everyone in the same posse? geez. i argue that you only go online to all the gang hideouts in one shot or try the each gang members $1000 bounty. well, i wouldnt mind legendary animal hunts either. Or a really great thing is to boost the PVP 4 wins in a row or 3 straight MVPs trophies. lol.

ive been joining dtruk's boosting sessions. did you guys know that at level 50, you get a bull to ride (instead of a horse). you unlock legendary avatars for each prestige, up to five.

[quote name='NamPaehc']If this is going to happen again, I think it should be more organized. What time and what modes people plan to play willing to play would help.

Last time half of os split up and were picking flowers and half was doing missions lol.[/QUOTE]
Meh. I prefer the free roam over the other online modes really. Then again I haven't really tried any of the others as of yet.

It all sounds cool, I'd be fine with what ever the group wants to do It would be great to level up but I'm not in any hurry. I will say I'm not really into the Deathmatch games, too much chaos and it really doesn't seem like much fun.

Unfortunately, I've heard from at least a few PSN friends that there's ALOT of the phantom kicking going on in this game's online like most other Rockstar games seem to suffer from.

I can personally attest to that from our inaugural RDR posse night this past Sunday, as Wotcher kept getting booted out almost as soon as they would rejoin the group.

A little bit late to the party considering eng midterms/projects/&what not.
I'll be adding everyone on the list & hopefully I'll can see you guys on mp!

So, who else is gonna be around for the CAG RDR night tonight? I should be, assuming I don't go over the same buddies' house I've been at the last couple of nights, letting him play this game.

Thanks for hopping on tonight Cheapest even if it didn't seem that you stayed very long. Somehow I was hosting and I just got the game so I'm still figuring out what to set up game wise. Seems like it could be a lot of fun though.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Thanks for hopping on tonight Cheapest even if it didn't seem that you stayed very long. Somehow I was hosting and I just got the game so I'm still figuring out what to set up game wise. Seems like it could be a lot of fun though.[/QUOTE]
I thought you were switching to another game mode though as it took me to a loading screen and put me into another free roam.

Hopefully if that's a glitch it'll be fixed before long.

If you want to hop on and mess around in Free Roam again some night though, just send me an invite if you see me on and playing RDR.

But the way it is now, I think I should finish up the single player mode and try to complete Just Cause 2 as well, since I have Transformers: War For Cybertron reserved for it's June 22nd release.

[quote name='SEH']NBA and NHL playoffs are on.[/QUOTE]
People actually watch televised sports?:roll: Unless they have classic pro wrestling from the 50's-80's on on one of the sports networks or one of those strongman competitions, you couldn't pay me enough to wanna watch sports.:razz:

Matter of fact, I asked the local cable company if there were a way we could swap out the four sports channels in the mid range of cable channels we have to something I might actually watch.

They told me if I wanted an ala carte set up it'd cost me 3x what we pay now.:cry:

EDIT: I was just up in Bearclaw Camp and I had 3-4 bears chasing my horse. Then a pack of wolves joined in the chase and after I made it out of the range where the bears would chase me the wolves and bears started attacking one another.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back