CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

Man, I've had a horrible week so I've been unable to join in the evenings, but it's over now. I'm back and things must be SMASHED!

Played online for the first time. Everything is really smooth. I got 242 total XP. The double XP is live right?

I couldn't make it tonight but I'll definitely be on Saturday and Sunday.

And yes, double XP is live until Monday! :whee: Only in matchmaking, though. I think we were averaging about 300XP per game on Thursday and it was nuts.

Played a bunch of games tonight. Damage control is awesome. How does the other team get so many points so quickly? Every game I was in we got our asses kicked by like 600/700-100. How do you rack up so many points?

Online is just so much fun. Any of you got the 100,000 XP trophy?

Double XP is a godsend for a noob like me. I was levelling up at least 2 ranks at a time last night. I think playing one night with CAG already put my skills above most of the public, as I was a lot quicker with the hammer than most.

Oh man! I totally planned on playing last night to take advantage of the double xp, but I ended up playing Dead Rising for 7 hours (wtf). Dunno how that happened, but I will definitely be around tonight!!!

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Double XP is a godsend for a noob like me. I was levelling up at least 2 ranks at a time last night. I think playing one night with CAG already put my skills above most of the public, as I was a lot quicker with the hammer than most.[/QUOTE]

I should have sent you an invite, I thought you were playing single player. Having better teammates means I can finally get my 5th 5xp with 5 backpacks in one life challenge completed.

Everyone I saw playing seemed to be either blue or a couple bar red.

Got 40k last night!

Team Anarchy is a pretty good way to get some of the one-life challenges. Since the teams are smaller and all the experienced players seem to prefer Team Objective/Siege there's a good chance you'll get matched against three blues.

I'm going to get on this in a few minutes.

Got 100K XP just now but no trophy, so I'm guessing it ignores the double XP bonuses. Nevermind, got it in the next match I played.

My next unlock is the ostrich!! :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fish Squad is MADNESSSSSsssss!!

Also, Hidden Challenges, stolen from GameFAQs:
1 Life: 10 Kills with 1 Weapon
1 Life: 15 Different Bonuses
1 Life: 25 Bonus XP
1 Life: 5 XP - 5 Backpacks
1 Life: 50 XP
1 Life: 1 Kill - 5 Weapons
10 Kills - Every Weapon
10 Wins - Every Game Type
100 Wins
100 XP - Every Backpack
100 XP - Every Weapon
1000 Kills - 1 Weapon
5 XP - Every Bonus Event
500 XP - 1 Bonus Event
5000 XP - 1 Backpack
5000 XP - 1 Weapon

I still don't know why it won't give me the 5x backpack challenge. I had a five kill streak and changed backpacks after every one :bomb:.

I'm up for playing later today, any time before 10 pm eastern.
Socom Night! Which you all should join.

Man, how long did we play this last night? :lol:

I'm up for more Red Faction online tonight, as I really want to take advantage of double xp playing with you guys. It takes a long time for me to find a game/match playing online alone. ;)

[quote name='bornrunnin31']So I'm playing right now and just got t-bagged by an ostrich :cry:[/QUOTE]

This game needs those XMB status lines like LBP/SOCOM to say if you're doing campaign or multiplayer. (Actually, all games do.) I would have sent you an invite.

A good three days' work:
120000.jpg

I'm sort of interested in this RF:G soundtrack for $8. A few of the songs had sort of an ambient space synth sound to it and reminded me of one of my favorite recent game soundtracks, Mass Effect. You do get a whole lot of music for your $8, at least.

And you'll get that five backpacks challenge eventually, MisterB. ;)

[quote name='metaly']I'm sort of interested in this RF:G soundtrack for $8. A few of the songs had sort of an ambient space synth sound to it and reminded me of one of my favorite recent game soundtracks, Mass Effect. You do get a whole lot of music for your $8, at least.

And you'll get that five backpacks challenge eventually, MisterB. ;)[/QUOTE]

I thought the soundtrack (or at least a few songs) had a Dark Knight and Battlefield 2143 feel to them. $8 is pretty good deal for the soundtrack though.

I returned from Lollapalooza to find my "coffin" on the doorstep. Dropped it at the UPS store today on my lunch break. Poking around the net it seems like most folks get their repaired console back in about a week...with any luck, I'll be back in business in time for next week's GTA4/RFG nights.

Oh, and if anyone's interested in who I saw at Lolla just click here.

[quote name='bmachine']I returned from Lollapalooza to find my "coffin" on the doorstep. Dropped it at the UPS store today on my lunch break. Poking around the net it seems like most folks get their repaired console back in about a week...with any luck, I'll be back in business in time for next week's GTA4/RFG nights.

Oh, and if anyone's interested in who I saw at Lolla just click here.[/QUOTE]

Mine took TWO weeks to get back to me, Randy. Just thought you'd like to know.

Also, unless they specifically guaranteed you'll get the SAME console back, you may NOT get back YOUR SPECIFIC CONSOLE. That's why you should have checked your serial# before dropping it off and also why they have you reformat your HDD, so no personal info is on it when/if they ship it out to someone else.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Mine took TWO weeks to get back to me, Randy. Just thought you'd like to know.

Also, unless they specifically guaranteed you'll get the SAME console back, you may NOT get back YOUR SPECIFIC CONSOLE. That's why you should have checked your serial# before dropping it off and also why they have you reformat your HDD, so no personal info is on it when/if they ship it out to someone else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, Cheapest. I'm hoping for a speedy turnaround but I'll prepare myself emotionally for the possibility of a longer wait.

I upgraded the HDD to 250GB a few weeks back...if they send me another person's console they better swap out the drive first. I put a note in the box to that effect. We'll see how this thing plays out.

In the meantime...anyone up for some Left 4 Dead? ;)

[quote name='bmachine']In the meantime...anyone up for some Left 4 Dead? ;)[/QUOTE]

I was actually gonna say we should pull that out while you're PS3-less. :)We'll be stuck with XBL chat, though. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Dasflikko']I thought the soundtrack (or at least a few songs) had a Dark Knight and Battlefield 2143 feel to them. $8 is pretty good deal for the soundtrack though.[/QUOTE]

That's 2142!!!!!!! 2143 is the PS4/Xbox 420 downloadable game with one class and no maps.

[quote name='bmachine']Thanks for the info, Cheapest. I'm hoping for a speedy turnaround but I'll prepare myself emotionally for the possibility of a longer wait.

I upgraded the HDD to 250GB a few weeks back...if they send me another person's console they better swap out the drive first. I put a note in the box to that effect. We'll see how this thing plays out.

In the meantime...anyone up for some Left 4 Dead? ;)[/QUOTE]

No problem.

You're supposed to put your original HDD back into the PS3 before shipping it out to them, I believe. So, I don't know if you'll receive your HDD back or just a HDD the standard size for your PS3.

Hopefully they read the note and get yours back to you though. Good luck either way, Randy.

[quote name='metaly']I was actually gonna say we should pull that out while you're PS3-less. :)We'll be stuck with XBL chat, though. :whistle2:#

That's 2142!!!!!!! 2143 is the PS4/Xbox 420 downloadable game with one class and no maps.[/QUOTE]

I apologize if I offended you with my Biden-like gaffe. :bouncy:

And yes L4D would be great, except not. Because of the chat. :bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You're supposed to put your original HDD back into the PS3 before shipping it out to them, I believe.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall seeing that anywhere in the directions from Sony. Did you read that somewhere?

This better not be a clusterfuck!

[quote name='metaly']I was actually gonna say we should pull that out while you're PS3-less. We'll be stuck with XBL chat, though. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dasflikko']And yes L4D would be great, except not. Because of the chat.[/QUOTE]

Get in touch if you guys find that you've got a free evening. We could always use Skype if the in-game VOIP is balls. The new update is supposed to improve party stability, though...maybe it'll be better this time?

We should see if that DD guys we used to play with is available, as well. ;)

Considering that they said on their website it's up to THEIR discretion as to whether or not you get your original PS3 back or not, I'd say that it's definitely a good idea to remove the newer HDD and put theirs back in and reformat that before shipping it to them(assuming you still have the original HDD that is).

I got lucky and I received my own PS3 back. However, if you've somehow kept the shiny, shiny finish immaculate on your PS3, be very careful when removing the static wrap they have the console wrapped in when you get it back.

Why? It made a bunch of marks on the finish on the exterior of my PS3 when I went to remove the outer wrapping. Why the fuck Sony made the exterior of the PS3 shiny and black(which shows dirt, dust and scratches really well)is beyond me. What was wrong with the matte finish from the PS2?

From Sony's warranty info page on the Playstation website:

LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY AND LIABILITY FOR THE PLAYSTATION®3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

Sony Computer Entertainment America ("SCEA") warrants to the original purchaser that the PS3™ hardware shall be free from material defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase (the "Warranty Period"). If the product is determined to be materially defective during the Warranty Period, your sole remedy and SCEA's sole and exclusive liability shall be limited to the repair or replacement of this product with a new or refurbished product at SCEA's option.

LINK: http://www.us.playstation.com/support/warranties/ps3

Basically, what that means is they may repair and return your own console to you, but they're not really guaranteeing it unfortunately.

[quote name='bmachine']I don't recall seeing that anywhere in the directions from Sony. Did you read that somewhere?

This better not be a clusterfuck![/QUOTE]

You're getting back a PS2.

[quote name='bmachine']I don't recall seeing that anywhere in the directions from Sony. Did you read that somewhere?

This better not be a clusterfuck!

Get in touch if you guys find that you've got a free evening. We could always use Skype if the in-game VOIP is balls. The new update is supposed to improve party stability, though...maybe it'll be better this time?

We should see if that DD guys we used to play with is available, as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

I can play on Friday night no problem. But only till about 1am CST since I have work this Saturday.

[quote name='metaly']You're getting back a PS2.[/QUOTE]

I thought they normally send back a PS1 and PS2 taped together to make a PS3? :lol: Sorry for making this thread go wayyyyy off-topic, but I'm just going by what I've seen from their warranty page(s) and I wanted to let Randy know.

Of course, I should've done so a day or two earlier BEFORE he shipped it out. Hopefully they read his note though.

[quote name='bmachine']
We should see if that DD guys we used to play with is available, as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

Is that guy still alive? Or did he quit CAG and get a "real" life?

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Is that guy still alive? Or did he quit CAG and get a "real" life?[/QUOTE]

I believe he's working now. I think he mentioned he starts working at four in the morning and probably comes home really tired.

I haven't been following the DLC news much so maybe you've already seen this Eurogamer preview of it from last month, but it was news to me. It also has a bunch of details I don't remember people mentioning, like new hammers (including a PICKAXE, and at least one of them is available online), a confirmed $9.99 price point, and a release date of this Thursday. Wikipedia cited it in their RF:G article, so it must be accurate!

Be warned that there are spoilers if you haven't finished the RF:G campaign.

Also those purple dots they added to mark the ore in the campaign are practically invisible. :nottalking:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I believe he's working now. I think he mentioned he starts working at four in the morning and probably comes home really tired.[/QUOTE]
This.
My new job starts at 4am so I'm usually sleeping during most game nights. :cry: I'm working on how to sleep earlier or something.:roll:
Add to that the fact that when compaired to my last job (a complete desk job) this one really kicks my ass most days so half the time if I'm not at work I'm sleeping. :lol:
I haven't played my PS3 since R2 two weeks ago.
Then I moved a little over a month ago and am still working on getting everything organized and shit and I just upgraded my computer last week.

I just have so much stuff on my plate right now.:drool:

But I could go for some L4D Friday.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I believe he's working now. I think he mentioned he starts working at four in the morning and probably comes home really tired.[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastard. Least he found a job. I've been trying for months to find one and coming up empty. Either the job market sucks in my area or I have a big glowing neon sign on me that says 'DO NOT HIRE THIS GUY'.

I actually broke down and applied for a job at Hollywood Video last night, that's how desperate I'm getting. Ya can't live on game flipping money forever. :whistle2:#

[quote name='metaly']I haven't been following the DLC news much so maybe you've already seen this Eurogamer preview of it from last month, but it was news to me. It also has a bunch of details I don't remember people mentioning, like new hammers (including a PICKAXE, and at least one of them is available online), a confirmed $9.99 price point, and a release date of this Thursday. Wikipedia cited it in their RF:G article, so it must be accurate!
[/QUOTE]

I just got the tweet, it's definitely coming this Thursday... :)

From Twitter: "Our 1st DLC Pack, Demons of the Badlands, will be released tomorrow. Who's ready to experience a new side campaign with Samanya?"

Remember, Thursday night means Red Faction!! Don't start downloading that new DLC pack, there are buildings in need of some online smashing!

bread's done
Back