CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

Is there a certain order I should find the ores, radio tag, etc locations? Should I do them all before story missions or before advancing to the next area? Would it be easier to do it this way?

Good games again tonight guys. Sorry about blowing up during that last match, but that stupid kid was getting on my last nerve. How fitting that I got a PSN error during that match as well. What a way to end the night. :bomb:

Haha yeah that idiot was amazing. WTF is wrong with people. I got a PSN error during that as well, and when I came back I just played a couple games to get my next level and turned it off.

[quote name='Blackout']Is there a certain order I should find the ores, radio tag, etc locations? Should I do them all before story missions or before advancing to the next area? Would it be easier to do it this way?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it really matters what order you do those things in, and it's possible to go back and get them later. You should do all the guerrilla actions in a sector before clearing it, though, because it sounds like if you don't, there's a bug that prevents you from getting them all.

Here's a nice interactive map of all the hidden package-type locations.

[quote name='metaly']

I don't think it really matters what order you do those things in, and it's possible to go back and get them later. You should do all the guerrilla actions in a sector before clearing it, though, because it sounds like if you don't, there's a bug that prevents you from getting them all.

Here's a nice interactive map of all the hidden package-type locations.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I had read about that bug, that's why I was wondering. Should I just do all the collecting stuff before clearing the area?

That might be good idea so you don't have to scour the whole map later on. I don't think the collecting stuff is affected by the bug, though.

[quote name='metaly']Haha yeah that idiot was amazing. WTF is wrong with people. I got a PSN error during that as well, and when I came back I just played a couple games to get my next level and turned it off.[/QUOTE]

I think the thing that pissed me off the most about that guy was when he said something like that "th-they're trying to hack us with th-their sk-skills!!!!"

I was completely flabbergasted, I had no idea what the hell he really said, but I knew we were in for a treat from that point on. Oh MAN... :applause:

I was talking with TRW and he got kicked from the PSN while playing Mirror's Edge at the same time I did from that game last night. Weird.

Yeah it is pretty ridiculous just how much time we've been putting into this game lately. I dunno how I ever get any sleep anymore.

Is there anyway to stop getting raped in the Free Zone? A 3 second time pops up and I get killed by missiles. I'm trying to find all the side and collectible stuff in the Parker zone.

[quote name='metaly']You can go in there later after doing a certain story mission.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...so I guess collecting everything before a liberation is out the window then?

Thanks for the map, finished getting the radio tags with it. No chance I am going for the ore, 300 is just not gong to happen, I was only destroying the crates when I needed salvage, and ended up close enough to 250 that I just went for it. I think this officially ends my playthough of single player.

I played the demo the other day and this game looks really fun.
My main concern is the weapons and guns from what I have seen look kind of lame.

New Patch Info:

We have a few portions of Red Faction Guerrilla that we'd like to tweak a bit. Some of this is based on community feedback, some of it is preparation for future content, but all of it means that RFG will continue to grow and expand. Below, I've listed out a number of new features we'll be adding to the game, along with some small fixes to make overall gameplay more enjoyable. All three of our main modes are receiving an upgrade, so find your favorites below.
The release date for this patch has not been finalized as of this moment, but that information should be available very soon and this post will be updated at that point. This will be for 360 and PS3.
New Features:

• New Wrecking Crew mode - Challenge Mode: There are 3 rounds of distinct submode/weapon/backpack settings per level. Each participant plays through all 3 rounds to try to get the highest score possible. Challenge Mode is the best way to enjoy WC by yourself, and we're also allowing all modes to be played with a single player.
  • Wrecking Crew Leaderboards: Your scores for Challenge Mode only are automatically uploaded to leaderboards (1 per level) so you can compare how you’re doing against your friends and the world.
  • Bonus Wrecking Crew levels unlocked: The 4 pre-order bonus WC levels are now unlocked for everyone, giving you 10 levels in which to blow everything away.
  • Weapon and Backpack disabling in Multiplayer: Prevent any specific backpacks or weapons from spawning in a level within a custom match.
  • XP multiplier for matchmaking playlists: Double XP playlists are now possible (and will be used).
  • Ore Deposits on Minimap: Mining ore that hasn’t been mined will now show up as purple pulsing dots on the minimap. This will help players to obtain the “Working the Land” achievement/trophy.
  • Support for upcoming DLC: Demons of the Badlands, our first DLC pack, will be released on August 13th.
Other Fixes:

• House Arrest icons now reflect their proper completion status after you finish the last mission.
  • Convoy spawning is now fixed after you finish the last mission. Previously some convoys would be prevented from spawning.
  • Scale of some icons on the full-screen map and minimap has been fixed.
  • Parties are no longer allowed to matchmake into Anarchy through the "Any Playlist" selection option.
  • Ties no longer count as losses on the MP leaderboards.
  • Various minor matchmaking fixes.

Cool, sounds like they fixed that guerrilla action bug, and that is really awesome about the ore. Maybe I'll go for platinum on this after all.

I'm glad to hear about the Anarchy thing and double XP, too. Also, if anyone wants the bonus Wrecking Crew maps right away, the code is MAPMAYHEM. (Haven't tried this yet.)

Wicked good news about the double-XP matches. Thanks for posting that, Mr. B.

I've never even tried the Wrecking Crew mode...if they're making it single player I'll definitely have to give it a whirl.

Oh, and I'm stuck in a hotel in Scranton, PA tonight so no RFG for me. :(

I'm really warming up to this game... like, hella. This game is pretty awesome, with it's vast world and RPG elements (which I love). I'm actually killing people online now, so that's a great sign! ;)
Barring any work-related stuffs, I won't be missing this Thursday... for sure. :)

Haven't been playing this a whole lot recently. I got back into a Killzone 2 kick, and I'm really close to a platinum trophy w/ Skate 2. Looks like a good patch though, especially the party Anarchy change.

Sorry I haven't been playing much and partying up at night recently, metaly!

3 people who know what to do > 5 who do whatever the hell they want :lol:

Also, no unlimited ammo if thermobaric rockets are involved ;)

I had a dream last night that I unlocked the ostrich already. :drool: Maybe I should start cutting back.

[quote name='fizzywix']Haven't been playing this a whole lot recently. I got back into a Killzone 2 kick, and I'm really close to a platinum trophy w/ Skate 2. Looks like a good patch though, especially the party Anarchy change.

Sorry I haven't been playing much and partying up at night recently, metaly![/QUOTE]

Hurry up and get that trophy so you can get back on this! We've had a pretty good squad almost every night lately, as MisterB alluded to. :) People will learn to fear the fish!

[quote name='MisterBee']Also, no unlimited ammo if thermobaric rockets are involved ;)[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:\"

hammertime.gif

Do you guys remember playing with a dude named truegamer998 last week? He was on our team during a few Siege matches and he was pretty cool.

I've invited him to hop on with us tonight if we've got an empty slot. Hope no one objects.

If he turns out to be a d-bag we can kick him and then you guys can mock me for the rest of the evening.

I remember that guy, he seemed all right. I think he's on my list as well.

Still, if he turns out to be a d-bag, blame Randy.

Game starting soon!!

You guys stayed on for a full hour after me!

I got 3.5 hours of sleep before the FIOS guy was banging on my door.
smiley_emoticons_sleep.gif

Needless to say, I'm dragging ass today.

dog_ass_drag.jpg

I suspect I'll still be capable of enjoying 186 channels of HD programming, though.

[quote name='Dasflikko']Yeah we had a couple of dominating performances to end the night, it was pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the appreciation, I know my 10 in a row was most impressive...;)

That was pretty ridiculous Mister B, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Don't you feel the least bit guilty about beating up children though?

bread's done
Back