CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

[quote name='bmachine']No. No overhead maps. No weapons locations. The multiplayer segment of the strategy guide is about 8 pages long and 3 of them are explanations of what the backpacks do. I think I got screwed out of my $12.

The first thing I did when I opened the package from Amazon was flip to the back to see where the goddamn Nano Rifle is on that Overpass map. To no avail.
[/QUOTE]
Well that sucks...

[quote name='MisterBee']I finished the campaign, definitely putting the single player down for a while, except maybe trying to get pro times on all the demo missions, I'm only missing a few.

Hopefully there are no connection issues on thursday.[/QUOTE]

Is it true that you can go back for the remaining guerrilla actions after you ahve completed the campaign? I am still in Dust, grinding the guerrilla actions, and I would really like to move on...

Trust me. Make SURE you do ALL of the guerrilla actions in each sector before going to the next, especially the random ones you get on the radio. If you don't, once you beat the game, certain ones will keep repeating while others will never show up. I was stuck at 102 of 104 actions and had to do the campaign all over again to get all 104. The shiny platinum trophy was definitely worth it though. :)

Just playing multiplayer now for kicks since I've unlocked everything.

[quote name='tenchi']Trust me. Make SURE you do ALL of the guerrilla actions in each sector before going to the next, especially the random ones you get on the radio. If you don't, once you beat the game, certain ones will keep repeating while others will never show up. I was stuck at 102 of 104 actions and had to do the campaign all over again to get all 104. The shiny platinum trophy was definitely worth it though. :)

Just playing multiplayer now for kicks since I've unlocked everything.[/QUOTE]

I'm at the third section, Badlands, and realized the guerrilla actions disappeared in Dust. I don't think I'm going to go back and start the game over though. I barely have any time to finish the game as it is :)

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Is it true that you can go back for the remaining guerrilla actions after you ahve completed the campaign? I am still in Dust, grinding the guerrilla actions, and I would really like to move on...[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know how many are in each sector then? Im curious how many I should have before moving on from Dust, because I may have screwed myself over by not completing all of them in that first section before moving into Dust...in which case Ill just do bare minimum from here on out.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Does anyone know how many are in each sector then? [/QUOTE]
[quote name='mguiddy']And, if the guide shows it and it isn't too involved, I'd love to know how many Guerrilla actions are in each sector. tenchi's horror story having a few glitched actions have me scared to start new sectors. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bmachine']
It does have that in it. I'll count 'em and let you know.
[/QUOTE]

I'm mostly concerned about the radio missions... those things suck, mainly because they seem to start randomly. :lol:

Hey, CAG newbie here! I've got about 13,000 xp in the MP....I would like to get in on some of this Red Faction action Thursday night, I'm sick of playing random games with kids. I like to use the headset too, too many people never say anything!

Looks like I should send a friend request to Metaly to get this going, right?

See you guys thursday!

THQ just posted this on Twitter and it made me LOL:

What's better than an ostrich hammer? This.

I would pay $9.99 for that DLC. ;)

[quote name='Nadafinga']Looks like I should send a friend request to Metaly to get this going, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, Metaly's your guy for Thursday night. Are you clear on how the game uses the XMB for managing game invites?

[quote name='bmachine']Yup, Metaly's your guy for Thursday night. Are you clear on how the game uses the XMB for managing game invites?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've used the invite system in the game. lookin' forward to it.

A few things:

1. BUMP 'cause it's game day!

2. There's no multiplayer, but eurogamer.net has a preview of the next month's Demons of the Badlands DLC. 5 more Demolition Master challenges!

3. Volition is making further updates to the multiplayer playlists. Details are supposed to surface later today.

4. Lastly, some dude named randy_wrecked got an "honorable mention" in the RFG Twitter poetry contest.

Just a reminder that I'm hosting tonight, so send me those friend requests if you want to play. Also, no fun allowed!

Congrats on the poem, Randy. :applause: But really, just honorable mention? I expect better from someone who hangs around mall goths all the time.

The RF:G blog just posted about the playlist updates coming on Friday.

[PS3 Only] Re-enabling the "Team Objective" Playlist which combines Damage Control, Demolition, and Capture the Flag.
Wooo!! \\:D/ It's like they read my mind. I've actually been playing less since the last update because it's been harder to get into a game. This should fix that.

There's also some more info about Siege loadouts and handicapping reduced across the board, which is probably a good thing unless you still have a blue tag. :cool:

I am going to have to bow out tonight. I have this terrible cold, and I am coughing too much to play multiplayer. I hope that I am better next week.

[quote name='bmachine']
Join us every Thursday night @ 10pm EST for our the CAG PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla multiplayer night.

WHAT: CAG PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night
WHEN: Thursday nights @ 10pm EST
HOSTED BY: bmachine [randy_wrecked @ PSN] or metaly [metaly @ PSN]
[/QUOTE]

Could I get an invite for tonight's games? I have not played yet but thought I'd give it a try. Free kills for someone

Definitely. Just hop on and I'll send you an invite.

The game will be starting soon! The party is up now if people are online.

I don't know what the deal with this game and my connection! It is the only online game that I own that gives me major connection issues. Every game I play online does not give any issues as bad as this game does. I am going to look up and see if I can see if there is anything I can do on my end to fix this issue.

Sounds like some fun was had! Ghost_Face still had connection issue, though...Kube, were you able to connect to Metaly's game?

Did you guys stay up 'til dawn again? :)

Volition posted a trailer for the Demons of the Badlands DLC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_M1c302cfU

You can also watch it here in higher resolution without IGN's bullshit annotation in the corner.

A good time was had by all, save for probably Ghost Face (hope those connection issues solved soon, I don't remember you having trouble the first few games we played) and MisterB, when his modem died just as he was about to win the singularity deathmatch. :lol:

I think it went for about three hours, and a few of us stayed on to do matchmaking for a while. I think we dominated all but a few games, which was pretty cool.

Looking forward to playing some more this weekend with the playlist/balance changes!

Singularity deathmatch... you mean the singularity beatdown? I'd like to know how many of the 70ish kills made in that game were actually from getting sucked in/out of the singularity.

Does someone REALLY like DC or something? :cool:
Felt like DC was the RFG version of C&C or something, except C&C is 1000x more fun. I left when I heard we were partying up with those random dudes to "do it again".

And they should've made it possible to join a party but not the game. Like, someone joins the party but can't join the game (with all the destruction and stuff I see how it's not feasible to allow mid game joining) and on their screen it shows "Game in progress:" with the remaining time or something. The waiting for people bogs down the game night.

[quote name='metaly'] MisterB, when his modem died just as he was about to win the singularity deathmatch.[/QUOTE]

It was karma for hammering you with 30 seconds left to make sure I won.

STP craptastic what's wrong with you? Now if it was a craptastic White Stripes show you had to skip and they died in a horrific plane crash, you should be over joyed :)

I can play tonight

WOW. According to NPD, Red Faction sold 67,600 copies on the PS3 in June. That might explain why matchmaking can be sort of bleak.

That's less than The Conduit sold, and that sucked!*

*I have not played The Conduit.

Man there is no one playing this online (unless everyone is playing seige). I jumped on to get my backpack and weapons trophies, and found literally 0 anarchy games, 1 team anarchy, and 3 team objective (the combined playlists are up).

Sorry guys, my Internet was out for a few minutes so I'm going to give it a rest. Thanks for playing though, it was fun! With Dasflikko, Randy and me starting around 7:30, we actually went longer than the game yesterday. :whee:

Join us every Thursday night @ 10pm EST for our the CAG PS3 Red Faction
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Those were some great games last night! Sorry about leaving so abruptly, something came up and I had to leave without saying goodnight.

Anyways it is depressing to see just how few people are playing this game. :(

I haven't had so much fun playing a multiplayer game since GTA last year.

Scoring those 150+ points in the last 20 seconds of that demolition game was easily the coolest moment of the night (sniping randy in the face with the sniper rifle after he hammered me was a close second).

It is sad no one seems to be playing, this could have easily been the game I was looking for, a secondary game to play when no clan members are on playing socom.

I have never had connection issues with the game until I tried to connect to the past couple of CAG games. I'm not sure what is going on, I did a reconnection with my wireless router and my ps3, its type 2. The signal strength is about 90-100 the majority of the time.

I looked on the RF:G forums and from what I can gather that some have this issue as well. I don't believe it's on my end, but the game it's self.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just completed the single-player yesterday and tried the multi-player today. I wouldn't mind joining next week for CAG game night.

Hey sorry, I forgot it's the return of Worms night so we're going to be on that for a bit. I'll definitely be back on RF later though.

bread's done
Back