CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

[quote name='kube00']Will try to pick up the game tonight and give it a shot..I may not be able to after work[/QUOTE]
RF:G night has just went from PG-13 to NC-17.

I happy to see that folks are excited for tonight!

Do you guys still want to start with a "Large Mixer" and play against some non-CAGs for a bit?

Any requests for custom modes? I remember someone mentioning all-stealth backpacks with just sledgehammers!

So previously the longest I've spent playing one game was Metal Gear Solid 3 for seven hours back in 2003 or whenever. I think I just beat that by about 10 minutes. Thanks, guys.

:drool::drool::drool:

Seriously... I told you guys I'd wake up in a few hours. Wasn't my dog though, it was my bladder. :bomb: :lol:

Oh well... peer pressure is a bitch.

Thanks to everyone who participated, I had a good time even though I could only play the one match.

Would anyone be up for a session next Tuesday? I have Wednesday off so I could keep playing past 11.

I slept until 1pm and woke up with hand cramps and a massive headache. Good times.

Thanks to all of the CAGs who hopped on last night and apologies to those who had connection errors. Not sure if that was a limitation of the party system or something on your end.

Thanks also to metaly and DD (and eventually fizzywix and threerandomwords) for staying on until the sun came up. As I was crawling into bed I could hear my downstairs neighbors leaving for work!

I know a few of us were complaining about our lack of accuracy with the grinder...this dude's freakin' amazing with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afIbDamPpaw

My apologies in advance for making you listen to that much Rob Zombie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmachine']I slept until 1pm and woke up with hand cramps and a massive headache. Good times.

Thanks to all of the CAGs who hopped on last night and apologies to those who had connection errors. Not sure if that was a limitation of the party system or something on your end.

Thanks also to metaly and DD (and eventually fizzywix and threerandomwords) for staying on until the sun came up. As I was crawling into bed I could hear my downstairs neighbors leaving for work!

[/QUOTE]
Slept til 1?! :lol: Amateur. I did have a massive headache too though... thankfully I have plenty of aspirin. :whee:

I did some googleing and couldn't find anything much about party limits, but I did find someone saying some people have problems joining other people. The only work around is to have someone else host. We'll see if metaly hosting next week will make a difference.

Shit yeah, sky was starting to brighten when I was going to bed. I haven't done that in forever.

I never get those videos... I'm sure if I played a game for 100s of hours, recording most of it, I could put together 8 minutes of great kills. Not saying anything against that person specifically, but just those highlight reel type videos in general. :lol:
But it seems the nano gun is a one shotter.

fizzywix: "Dust Bunny" is killing an enemy while they're mid-jump.

[quote name='mguiddy']thankfully I have plenty of aspirin [...] I did some googleing and couldn't find anything much about party limits [...] it seems the nano gun is a one shotter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all of my productivity today is fueled by hazelnut coffee and Aleve. Last night was awesome but I definitely can't pull that off every Thursday!

I ordered the strategy guide from Amazon today (only $12!). I'll post anything from it that may apply to our situation here.

I got a couple of one-shot kills with the Nano last night...the dude in the video was combining it with the Firepower backpack, as well.

Crazy fucking lot. And lol at gaming hangovers. Too bad Goozex has such horrible CAG reviews or else I would've dumped my mint Killzone 2 for a mint Red Faction: Guerrilla, any CAG takers?

It took me a couple of tries to get into the game but , when I did finally play it was fun. It just sucks that the game froze on me. It's like the second or third time that it's happen before.

Hmmm...the game has never frozen on me. I've been kicked back to the main menu a couple of times but that's it. I don't recall ever having connection issues, either.

Like DD said, Google turns up a handful of complaints from folks having connectivity problems. The common denominator seems to be that they're either on DSL or they need to tweak their NAT/port-forwarding settings.

Kube, js1, johnnyrocker: are any of you guys on DSL?

[quote name='bmachine']Hmmm...the game has never frozen on me. I've been kicked back to the main menu a couple of times but that's it. I don't recall ever having connection issues, either.

Like DD said, Google turns up a handful of complaints from folks having connectivity problems. The common denominator seems to be that they're either on DSL or they need to tweak their NAT/port-forwarding settings.

Kube, js1, johnnyrocker: are any of you guys on DSL?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I have cable. RF seems to be the only game I have issues with.:bomb: I played 1943 last night also game has VOIP issues, but that was EA's fault.

i am not on dsl i'm on a cable modem and my internet connection is pretty shitty at best. it's a local isp and that's all i can get. i'm also running on a linksys wired router.

Those goons in the Xbox RF:G thread are jealous of our game night.

[quote name='Dasflikko']Ha how is that even possible at your (assumed) ages of 25+?????[/QUOTE]

I'm actually 21. Really.
innocent0009.gif

It didn't get difficult for me until about midway through the 5th hour. The game's addictive as hell so it was never really a struggle to stay with it. Plus, I didn't want to be the first guy to bail!

I didn't have to work on Friday...there's no way I could have stayed up until sunrise if I had to be productive for 9 hours.

Oh snap... there's a 10k trophy? We should've played longer Thursday night. Another handful of games and I would've hit 10k. :lol:

And don't think I'll be calling you sir now that you've more experience than me.

Oh, but hey, you won't be here next week, so I'll overtake you again. :twisted:

[quote name='bmachine']Those goons in the Xbox RF:G thread are jealous of our game night.

I'm actually 21. Really.
innocent0009.gif

It didn't get difficult for me until about midway through the 5th hour. The game's addictive as hell so it was never really a struggle to stay with it. Plus, I didn't want to be the first guy to bail!

I didn't have to work on Friday...there's no way I could have stayed up until sunrise if I had to be productive for 9 hours.[/QUOTE]

Hah and there it is. What I was getting at is that DON'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE JOBS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

But now it makes sense.... sort of. It is pretty awesome in any case though. 7 hours straight is pretty admirable.

I just got the game a couple of hours ago and the single player was pretty fun.

Then I played a few multiplayer matches with metaly and hooooo boy does this game have a lot of potential. Can't wait to join you folks on Thursday. :hot:

I got the game a few days ago and I've been playing single-player as well. Logged about 6-7 hours in but I still haven't given multi-player a try. If you're playing it for so many hours, what does it do different? Is this a co-op-type deal? I'm interested in joining the next night.

I finished the single player yesterday! That final batch of missions were a blast.

Kube and I tried connecting on Saturday (with him as the host or with me as the host) and the system wouldn't let us do it. I'd accept his invite, it would attempt to connect, and then it would dump me back at the main menu. This dude on the RFG boards is having the same issue but they don't seem to have a fix for him. Here's another thread regarding this problem.

There's a lot of talk there about having the same NAT settings, but it's mostly for the 360 version. I just poked through my router options and couldn't find any mentions of the NAT. Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically... put your PS3 in the DMZ.

On the PS3, your NAT is either type 1, 2, or 3.
1 == Direct Connection to the Modem
2 == Connected to Router but Ports are Open
3 == You be fucked... seriously, it's Connected to Router but Ports are Closed

1 or 2 should be fine, but if anyone has a 3 they'd probably have problems connecting.

Hey, I finished the campaign last night as well. I have little interest in going back and doing the 50+ remaining guerrilla actions, so now it's all multiplayer all the time! :whee:

According to their announcement on the RF:G forums, the first of three downloads is "Demons of the Badlands". Single player, entirely different Mars landscape outside of the existing world, August 13th, $10

[quote name='mguiddy']Basically... put your PS3 in the DMZ.[/QUOTE]

So, if I have a wireless router I should set my PS3 to NAT2? I'll check it out. Thanks!

[quote name='metaly']Hey, I finished the campaign last night as well. I have little interest in going back and doing the 50+ remaining guerrilla actions, so now it's all multiplayer all the time! [/QUOTE]

I did those as I was playing through...they're a lot of fun! I got the guide in the mail today so I'm tempted to spend an afternoon hunting down the last of the ore mines and the EDF supply boxes.

[quote name='kube00']hopefully this works this thursday for me[/QUOTE]

Metaly's hosting (I'll be at this awesome thing) so I'll be interested to hear if you have issues connecting again. Check your NAT!

[quote name='bmachine']I did those as I was playing through...they're a lot of fun! I got the guide in the mail today so I'm tempted to spend an afternoon hunting down the last of the ore mines and the EDF supply boxes.[/QUOTE]

I did enjoy the guerrilla actions once I was doing them, they just always seemed to involve driving all the way across the map. After all the gratuitous driving in the last few missions, I don't want to see another martian road for a while. Demolition Master was a riot, though.

Does the guide show weapon locations in multiplayer?

And, if the guide shows it and it isn't too involved, I'd love to know how many Guerrilla actions are in each sector. tenchi's horror story having a few glitched actions have me scared to start new sectors. :lol:

I finished the campaign, definitely putting the single player down for a while, except maybe trying to get pro times on all the demo missions, I'm only missing a few.

Hopefully there are no connection issues on thursday.

[quote name='metaly']Does the guide show weapon locations in multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

No. No overhead maps. No weapons locations. The multiplayer segment of the strategy guide is about 8 pages long and 3 of them are explanations of what the backpacks do. I think I got screwed out of my $12.

The first thing I did when I opened the package from Amazon was flip to the back to see where the goddamn Nano Rifle is on that Overpass map. To no avail.

[quote name='mguiddy']And, if the guide shows it and it isn't too involved, I'd love to know how many Guerrilla actions are in each sector. [/QUOTE]

It does have that in it. I'll count 'em and let you know.

[quote name='Dasflikko']ne hammer??[/QUOTE]
Qu'est-ce que c'est?

bread's done
Back