CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

wl59ur.jpg

Great success!

I jumped into an Anarchy game afterward because I needed 11 points to level up, and afterward the lowest-scoring player yelled "THAT fuckING GAME WAS fuckING fuckED" or something to that effect, and then quit. :lol: I was spoiled by our douchebag-free party.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Good games. Not bad for my first time playing.[/QUOTE]

Could have fooled me. You were lethal with that assault rifle.

And here's a list I found of all the unlocks. I think the ranks go 1-4 blue bars, then yellow, then the highest rank is 4 red bars.

Think I'm going to hold out till the first [of 3] DLC drops in August to see if it'll be worth it to include DLC into consideration when gauging this game's buy price.

What vehicle is used in that Demolition mode? The one in the demo? Couldn't find any gameplay videos on YouTube.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Good games.
Got disconnected, but I was going to hit the hay anyway.

To next week![/QUOTE]

Same here. My PS3 did a hard freeze and that was it...

No vehicles in online modes... DLC maybe. :lol:

And yeah, everyone got disconnected at one point, we started up again shortly. Strange so many had freezes too. I just got kicked to the game menu.

Sorry I wasn't able to join. I was playing matches with my clan last night and wasn't sure if you all wanted to play against people that are ranked pretty high on the leader boards for the first cag night. Maybe next week I join in.

[quote name='metaly']I was spoiled by our douchebag-free party.

And here's a list I found of all the unlocks. I think the ranks go 1-4 blue bars, then yellow, then the highest rank is 4 red bars.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these CAG nights make it difficult to go back to playing with the gen-pop crowd. I was really thrilled with the turnout last night. Nice to get to "hang out" with some folks I've never gamed with before, too. I'll add that list of unlocks to the second post, as well...thanks for digging it up.

[quote name='MaskedPlague']I am in for next week. I will try to improve my skills before then.[/QUOTE]

I thought you did just fine...during one of those Siege matches it seemed like you were behind me every 30 seconds or so with a shotgun or a sledgehammer!

[quote name='metaly']I got ostrich'ed. :D

It didn't squawk, though. Maybe only the wielder hears it.[/QUOTE]

Here, I made you a commemorative t-shirt. Wear it with pride.
ostrichtee.jpg

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']yeah my ps3 also froze and i only played one game wtf. until next week i guess.[/QUOTE]

I was just happy that you were able to figure out how to accept an invite! ;)

Wow, sounds like this game has really taken off! I wonder if it has longevity in it????

In any case I will try my best to get a copy before next Thursday!!!

I really want this game, but it may end up just being a rental for me.

I'm not sure how long the destructible environment gimmick can last for me, but doing so in the demo was fun as hell. Ill check it out for sure but can't decide if this game warrants a purchase or not. Maybe when its about 30 bucks ill bite.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the destruction isn't just a gimmick, it is really great and is integrated into the game very nicely!

Good games again metaly!

Anyone who's awake after midnight PST needs to get in on some late night red faction games with us!

You too, fizzywix. This game is nuts.

And yeah, the destruction is definitely not a gimmick. It's like half of the whole game, but it does take a little time to wrap your head around that. In a game yesterday there was this annoying sniper way up in a tower on the snow map and I was frustrated because I had no way to get up there. Then I realized I could just smash the tower supports with my hammer, so I did that and the whole thing collapsed and he died. :lol: It's also really cool looking around at the end of a round and noticing most of the map has been destroyed.

Also I got the thermobaric rocket for the first time tonight and :whistle2:o We should do a Demolition round where everyone has those and infinite ammo just for laughs.

[quote name='bmachine']Here, I made you a commemorative t-shirt. Wear it with pride.
ostrichtee.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Volition has a serious merchandising opportunity here.

I didn't mean gimmick per say, but that's kind of what I meant metaly. The game is based around the destructible environments, I don't know if it would stay fun for me the entire game or if I would get bored with it. I don't want to pick it up and get bored half way through. I'm not sure that I would, but its just a mild concern of mine.

Maybe I can take advantage of that FNR4 deal at EB and trade it back for Red Faction.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean there's two kinds of rockets... o.o
I need to finish up Ghostbusters so I can do some SP in this game and learn about the weapons. Or just look them up online.

Running around with the stealth backpack and the hammer is ridiculously fun! It's like a game of whack-a-mole with a ninja twist.

I'm not sure why but I'm not really drawn into the single player experience as much as I thought I would be. I liberated Parker, and I'm probably a third of the way done in Dust yet it feels like I haven't "accomplished" much. I guess I've been listening to Cheapy and Wombat's podcast a bit too much.

I just picked this up from Best Buy. Is there any chance we could have a second night a bit earlier in the week or start the Thursday one a bit earlier in the evening?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I just picked this up from Best Buy. Is there any chance we could have a second night a bit earlier in the week or start the Thursday one a bit earlier in the evening?[/QUOTE]

A lot of us will play during the week, I usually will see metaly, DD83, or Randy playing it at any given time.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I just picked this up from Best Buy. Is there any chance we could have a second night a bit earlier in the week or start the Thursday one a bit earlier in the evening?[/QUOTE]

This probably doesn't help you but in case there are any late night players lurking, fizzywix and I have been doing the night shift with a few random guys from around midnight to 3 AM Pacific. I'm sure that will change during the week but anyone who wants to get in a few rounds should look for us.

Yeah, here's a tip, don't run into Tenchi and his people...They are all basically maxed out on rank already.

Condor and I just got stomped in a siege match, though having some guy on our own team destroy the buildings we were defending didn't help much either. It just made the inevitable loss happen faster.

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']hey are you making fun of me?[/QUOTE]

Of course not! I remember being totally stumped by that XMB invite thing the first time I had to use it, too.

I'm happy you were able to hop on with us, even if it was only for one match.

[quote name='js1']A lot of us will play during the week, I usually will see metaly, DD83, or Randy playing it at any given time.[/QUOTE]

I will try to add some of you to my list tonight, in hopes of finding you in the game. Please keep an eye out for the requests.

Holy crap...you can win a Red Faction sledgehammer by composing a poem about the game and posting it on Twitter!

Details here.

Picture here:
uqd.jpg

[quote name='MisterBee']Yeah, here's a tip, don't run into Tenchi and his people...They are all basically maxed out on rank already.

Condor and I just got stomped in a siege match, though having some guy on our own team destroy the buildings we were defending didn't help much either. It just made the inevitable loss happen faster.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah, that was crazy. 2 against 6, we couldn't even leave our spawn. Was that a coincidence running into him?

I'll try to join you guys on Thursday, but I don't know if I can squeeze in another game night after Socom. I'll probably be on tonight after 7pm est for a couple of hours if anybody wants to join.

Oh and I just rented the game, so I'll only have it for a month till I have to return it, or re-rent it.

Oh, and in case anyone sees me online outside of CAG night, chances are I'll be playing single player. If theres a big enough group playing I could be persuaded to play some multi, but I want to work on single player more, so just one or two CAGs and I won't join.

[quote name='bmachine']Of course not! I remember being totally stumped by that XMB invite thing the first time I had to use it, too.

I'm happy you were able to hop on with us, even if it was only for one match.[/QUOTE]

i'll be back for sure this thursday. unfortunately for me this will be the last time i can do it for awhile. i work overnights and right now i'm on vacation so sadly this will be the last time i will get to play this online on thursday nights for awhile. :cry:

Sorry about that guys. Sometimes I do feel bad for the opposing team when half their party quits. If any of you want to join us, send me a msg if you see me online. We usually play siege because that's the one game mode that has no handicapping. If we don't have a full six man team, I'm more than happy to send you a party invite.

Don't mind the trash talk if you don't have the red badge yet though. :)

[quote name='mguiddy']Oh, and in case anyone sees me online outside of CAG night, chances are I'll be playing single player.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

For those of you working through the single player. Make sure you do ALL of the guerrilla actions in a sector before finishing the game. Otherwise, you may never be able to get all 104 actions for the trophy because of a game glitch. I'm going to have to do the entire campaign again because I'm missing that trophy and the wrecking crew one to get platinum.

Me and metaly have been playing pretty consistently late night, I won't be on tonight though. Ordered a new TV that was getting delivered today, so I have everything unhooked set up, but my genius self put house address 369 instead of 360 by mistake. I have to go pick it up tomorrow, so won't be playing tonight :p

Who's going to help me fight off TurboTeabagger now?? Maybe I'll get to sleep at a reasonable hour instead.

That's cool about the TV, though. Should make you even more dangerous with the sniper.

[quote name='mguiddy']I wish I could stay up with you guys every night blowing shit up. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Me, too! That's way past my bedtime, though.
tired-sleeping-smiley-36.gif

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Ill be there at least for a round or two. How exactly do we meet up?[/QUOTE]

I'll be on shortly before 10pm EST and I'll shoot out party invites to everyone from the thread. If you're not familiar with the system, RF:G uses the XMB messaging system to manage invitations (like Motorstorm PR and Resident Evil 5 did), so keep an eye on your inbox.

Fire up your game, select "online" from the main menu, and then follow the prompt to check your invites. Open the invite from me, accept it, and you'll be dropped right into the party.

And then there's this, from the RF:G community site:

The playlist changes we announced a few weeks back is now live on both the XBox 360 and PlayStation 3. Below is the list of changes made in this update:

1. The "Team Objective" playlist has been removed and replaced with separate playlists for "Damage Control", "Capture the Flag" and "Demolition".
2. The balance of overall game modes found across each playlist has been adjusted to ensure certain modes do not occur as often. One specific example is a large reduction in "Rockets/Grinders & Jetpacks".
3. Adjusted the overall map priority so lesser played maps will show up more often in the rotation.
4. The map "Quarantine" has been added to the "Team Anarchy" playlist, instead of previously being found only within "Anarchy".
Below is a quick example of the game modes / map priority balancing. This specific example is for the "Large Mixer" playlist, but note that every single playlist had changes applied to it.

• There are 29 playlist entries in Large Mixer (Combination of map and weapon load outs).
  • In the previous version, the top 2 combined entries appeared 35% of the time.
  • In the previous version, the top 7 entries combined appeared 75% of the time.
  • In the previous version, the bottom 8 entries combined appeared less than 1% of the time.
  • Now, each entry appears between 1% to 5% of the time, with most at 3-4%.
To sum it all up, Large Mixer is now truly a "mixer" playlist, and not just the same few entries over and over. The same changes have been made to each playlist within RFG. Two final examples:

• Of the 134 previous playlist entries, 24 would each occur around or less than 0.1% of the time.
  • Now there are 167 entries, and none occur significantly less than 1% of the time.
We hope that everyone enjoys this update and we'll have more changes in the future. Remember that we utilize a lot of the feedback from our community to make these playlist changes, so be sure to let us know your thoughts in the forums.
And, yes, I did just post 3 times in 30 minutes. I took an early lunch break today. ;)

I don't know if that requires a client side patch, but I guess I'll start the game up a little early just in case.

Does everyone here have headsets?

Im stopping by an EB on the way home to grab some of their sale items and might go ahead and pick up the official headset if people will actually be communicating.

I'm pretty sure everyone that joined last week had a headset... I'm not saying everyone uses it all the time though, and when we do, it's rarely for things like strategizing, it's more for bullshitting. :lol:

bread's done
Back