CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

[quote name='metaly']Stuff I want in RFA's multiplayer:[/QUOTE]

Nice. I both fear and respect your commitment, Metaly. Did you post that somewhere on the Volition forums, as well?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']That and all the old maps returning, with whatever improvements/tweaks they want to do with the multiplayer... if they're going to have multiplayer, that is. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That should be the first RF:A DLC pack: $5 for all of the RF:G maps!

[quote name='metaly']:whistle2:k That's why I haven't posted photos of the StrandedBrit shrine in my living room.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mguiddy']Oh snap, you have one too?[/QUOTE]

I like to carry mine out on to the streets from time to time. Here's a pic:

tagata-shrine-penis-festival-001.jpg

[quote name='metaly']Finally, they read your mind, Randy! [/QUOTE]

Awesome. I want one, even though it looks like I'll need a spotter to lift that thing. Where do I pre-order? ;)

[quote name='metaly']Blur Video[/QUOTE]

I was going to retort by posting my favorite Blur video, Coffee and TV, but none of the versions of it on YouTube are embeddable.

[quote name='Dasflikko']Apparently a lot of people are having a tough time pushing the coupons through at some places.[/QUOTE]

The cashier at my BB was able to scan the coupon but it came up as $0.00 discounted. He had to have a manager override it to take the $20 off, but they didn't give me any grief about it.

[quote name='MisterBee']Tetris News: I cleared the 150 lines in 8:40:03.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='metaly']Is there somewhere it lists your time for 150 lines? I can't find it in the stats.

I finished getting my 100%s in Shadow mode last night (5000%, 86'37"13) and now I feel like there's this gaping hole in my life. :cry: That mode really grew on me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really play much Tetris last week. I actually got caught up on some reading.
macro_gasp.jpg

[quote name='kube00']I can't get the manufacturer's coupon to print anyone got a screen shot/pdf I could get[/QUOTE]

Firefox wouldn't open it on either of my computers. I had to use IE8 to print it. You might want to try that, if you haven't already.

Regarding Reward Zone membership, that shouldn't be a deal-breaker. Its completely and totally free. If you just flat-out have no interest in Blur, then yeah, that's obviously a deal-breaker.

Regarding my connection issues: I have NAT Type 2 according the PS3 networking settings, but every other game I play online works fine and I've barely ever had an issue playing RF:G or BF:BC2 with you guys, so I dunno. I have the IP of my PS3 in the DMZ, so I can't figure out what the issue would be. I'm on Verizon FIOS, with their stock Actiontec router-- Randy, aren't you on FIOS too? My searches have revealed that many other people have the same problem. The problem isn't that I can't play multiplayer, its that it won't connect to servers at all, so I can't post scores or do friend challenges or anything; when I first boot up the game and it says it is connecting to the servers, it times out and fails. I'm hoping they come up with a fix, but if you guys play tomorrow night, it doesn't sound like I'll be able to join. The multiplayer beta worked fine on my 360, which is also weird.

I kinda want the new Tetris for DS, but not for $30, considering I still have 'Tetris DS'.

EDIT: I think I got it working, after tweaking the port-forwarding stuff as recommended online. Two of the forwards were ports 80 and 443... wtf? What if somebody was running a website at home too? Not to mention, I still don't understand why I'd need to forward any ports if the PS3 in in the DMZ.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mkernan'] I'm on Verizon FIOS, with their stock Actiontec router-- Randy, aren't you on FIOS too? My searches have revealed that many other people have the same problem. [/QUOTE]

I do have FIOS. I'll boot up the game tonight and see if I have the same issue.

Played a little Blur online tonight and the game was definitely worth the $10.

Dunno if it would have been worth full price though since only like 400 people were online and a lot of the larger races I was in had some big time lag issues. Hopefully our smaller races run smoother because it was a little disappointing to see less people playing than I saw during the beta, which didn't have these lag issues.

I'm not sure I want to know what that image randy posted (hotlinking is bad... at least it was 10 years ago and I guess it still is) since it just shows up as "sankakucomplex.com".

Since when is sweetsweet a game pimp in here? I thought that was... other people's job.

If anyone gets extra copies of blur, a ton of people want it on Goozex and it's 1000 points. 1000 points for a $10 game is pretty good. :cool:
Anyone want to trade for a copy of blur. :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']Since when is sweetsweet a game pimp in here? I thought that was... other people's job.

If anyone gets extra copies of blur, a ton of people want it on Goozex and it's 1000 points. 1000 points for a $10 game is pretty good. :cool:
Anyone want to trade for a copy of blur. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Pimpin' ain't easy. Although, when the game is only $10, its relatively easy.

[quote name='bmachine']"The Blur server is not available at this time. Please try again later."

Is that the message that you got, Sweetsweet?[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the one. Once I put in a bunch of port forwards, it finally worked though.

Here's the article I found that listed them:

https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi...td_adp.php?p_faqid=27794&p_created=1274880540

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mguiddy']I'm not sure I want to know what that image randy posted (hotlinking is bad... at least it was 10 years ago and I guess it still is) since it just shows up as "sankakucomplex.com".

Since when is sweetsweet a game pimp in here? I thought that was... other people's job.[/QUOTE]

Which pic didn't work? The first spoiler or the second one?

And you're just angry that some of us bought Blur and exactly none of us bought Aliens vs. Predator. ;)

[quote name='mkernan']Yup, that's the one. Once I put it a bunch of port forwards, it finally worked though.

Here's the article I found that listed them:

https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi...td_adp.php?p_faqid=27794&p_created=1274880540[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll take a look and see if I can get it working.

Awesome, glad you found a fix, SweetSweet. I've been searching around a little about the problem and, for an issue of this severity, it seems fairly common. Also a guy complaining on the PS forums also mentioned he had FIOS. I wonder if that's the common thread.

In case you can't connect again (for some people the problem comes and goes), people mentioned that they got it to work after restarting their routers, or creating an alternate PSN account, connecting with that one, and then going back to the main account.

[quote name='bmachine']Which pic didn't work? The first spoiler or the second one?
[/QUOTE]

The first one. The Tagata shrine festival one. I read the image link info.

The first... and no, I couldn't care less that no one bought AvP, saved me from buying it.
I'm just a little bit sad that I hate Best Buy and don't want to spend $20 at Kmart for a game I don't know if I'd like.

Yeah... I broke down and downloaded the demo of xbox... I have a feeling I won't like it... metaly called it "PGR with weapons", I hated PGR3. Probably my biggest regret purchase of the 360... or PS3 for that matter.

got the coupon to print for blur..thanks for the tip about IE

I forgot the Target Spring 360 bundle with $30/$50gc ended yesterday...oh well

I feel like shooting things tonight.

Hmmm also feel like changing my cag avatar. To the image files on the Batcomputer Robin! Dun-a-dun-a-dun-a-da!

[quote name='mkernan']Regarding my connection issues: I have NAT Type 2 according the PS3 networking settings, but every other game I play online works fine and I've barely ever had an issue playing RF:G or BF:BC2 with you guys, so I dunno. I have the IP of my PS3 in the DMZ, so I can't figure out what the issue would be. I'm on Verizon FIOS, with their stock Actiontec router-- Randy, aren't you on FIOS too? My searches have revealed that many other people have the same problem. The problem isn't that I can't play multiplayer, its that it won't connect to servers at all, so I can't post scores or do friend challenges or anything; when I first boot up the game and it says it is connecting to the servers, it times out and fails. I'm hoping they come up with a fix, but if you guys play tomorrow night, it doesn't sound like I'll be able to join. The multiplayer beta worked fine on my 360, which is also weird.

EDIT: I think I got it working, after tweaking the port-forwarding stuff as recommended online. Two of the forwards were ports 80 and 443... wtf? What if somebody was running a website at home too? Not to mention, I still don't understand why I'd need to forward any ports if the PS3 in in the DMZ.[/QUOTE]

I might need some 1-on-1 guidance with this, sweetsweet mkernan.
I was poking at it during my lunch break today and I thought I had set it up properly but the game still won't connect.

[quote name='bmachine']I might need some 1-on-1 guidance with this, sweetsweet mkernan.
I was poking at it during my lunch break today and I thought I had set it up properly but the game still won't connect.[/QUOTE]

PM me this afternoon / evening if you can't get it figured out. All I did was enter these port forwards into my router, pointing them at the IP of my PS3:

-3074, 3075 (UDP)
-80, 443, 5223 (TCP)

I had to delete one or two pre-existing forwards that had automatically been created in the past, presumably for something I'd played on Xbox. Then for good measure, rebooted the PS3. After that, it seemed to work. I posted some single-player scores and played 2 multiplayer races.

[quote name='metaly']I'm getting a Move to play whatever this game is.

nQfr3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Think that might be one of the tech demos, got to play with something like that at the move event in seattle,

[quote name='mkernan']PM me this afternoon / evening if you can't get it figured out. All I did was enter these port forwards into my router, pointing them at the IP of my PS3:

-3074, 3075 (UDP)
-80, 443, 5223 (TCP)

I had to delete one or two pre-existing forwards that had automatically been created in the past, presumably for something I'd played on Xbox. Then for good measure, rebooted the PS3. After that, it seemed to work. I posted some single-player scores and played 2 multiplayer races.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it and I can connect now. I had a port conflict on 3074 with my Xbox so I just deleted it (which I didn't realize I could do until you mentioned it).

Thanks!

[quote name='bmachine']Fixed it and I can connect now. I had a port conflict on 3074 with my Xbox so I just deleted it (which I didn't realize I could do until you mentioned it).

Thanks![/QUOTE]

No problemo. Glad it worked.

Just watched this 14-minute Gamespot preview of RFA: http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266591/

Here's a quote from producer Jim Boone:

Unfortunately that's one of those topics we're not prepared to go into as much. We definitely have some really interesting things cooked up, I think, for multiplayer, and I think that the fans are going to be excited about it, but unfortunately, I hate to say it, but they're gonna have to wait a little longer for some of those details.
Also it sounds like in the singleplayer, you'll be able to carry all your weapons at once but only have quick access to a few of them, sort of like how it worked in MGS3/4.

Deus Ex 1 and 2 are each $2.50 on Steam today. Get at least the first one so you can turn your nose up in disgust when Human Revolution comes out next year! Also as a bonus you can shake your head in disapproval at Warren Spector's Epic Mickey.

Typical Wednesday game mrb and zen? We can finally try out some new missions!
After Dead to Rights all day today... yesterday... whatever, I need less shooting/button mashing.

[quote name='bmachine']$17.99 for Left 4 Dead 2 at Gamefly. I'm thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mguiddy']Best Buy doesn't like me...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kube00']I'll try Blur tomorrow night most likely[/QUOTE]

[quote name='metaly']Deus Ex 1 and 2 are each $2.50 on Steam today. Get at least the first one so you can turn your nose up in disgust when Human Revolution comes out next year! Also as a bonus you can shake your head in disapproval at Warren Spector's Epic Mickey.[/QUOTE]

Sooo... is anybody still playing THIS game? (RFG)

I just got it new for ten bucks (PS3) and haven't opened it yet.

[quote name='Paco']UNREAL TOURNAMENT!

Sorry had to say it.[/QUOTE]

Don't remind me... I still need to start that game. That and a dozen other games... :cry:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Don't remind me... I still need to start that game. That and a dozen other games... :cry:[/QUOTE]

You will NEVER Trophy Hoe Unreal Tournament. IT IS TOO TOUGH FOR YOU.

[quote name='Paco']You will NEVER Trophy Hoe Unreal Tournament. IT IS TOO TOUGH FOR YOU.[/QUOTE]

Stop it! :(
No, it's not dude... I just...uhh, need to fix some connection issues, that's all! :nottalking:

What happened last night zen? Decide to call it a night since you dropped at the end of that quest?
It was pretty funny though. It was 98% dead then boom, both of you drop. I throw out another combo and it dies.

[quote name='mguiddy']What happened last night zen? Decide to call it a night since you dropped at the end of that quest?
It was pretty funny though. It was 98% dead then boom, both of you drop. I throw out another combo and it dies.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. I was just so fucking pissed. Instead of taking it out on my ps3, I chopped up a potato into fries. At least dinner was good.

I ned to fire up Blur sometime, hopefully I can leave work early tomorrow

Anyone else get Transformers and wanna run some co-op?

bread's done
Back