CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

so I just got back fired up my ps3. What free games did you guys get? I was thinking inFamous and either Dead Nation or Wipeout, I have't played Wipeout or Dead Nation, so are they any good? Does Dead Nation have mplayer?

[quote name='kube00']so I just got back fired up my ps3. What free games did you guys get? I was thinking inFamous and either Dead Nation or Wipeout, I have't played Wipeout or Dead Nation, so are they any good? Does Dead Nation have mplayer?[/QUOTE]
I think Dead Nation may have like 2-3 player co-op, both couch and online version.

[quote name='kube00']so I just got back fired up my ps3. What free games did you guys get? I was thinking inFamous and either Dead Nation or Wipeout, I have't played Wipeout or Dead Nation, so are they any good? Does Dead Nation have mplayer?[/QUOTE]

Both Dead Nation and WipEout HD are excellent games. You can't go wrong with either choice, though if you find racing games kind of hard to play, I'd recommend Dead Nation, since WipEout HD is can be kind of frustrating to play, especially if you're not really a seasoned racer-type gamer like me. ;)

I believe Dead Nation supports local and online multiplayer for two.

[quote name='mguiddy']Don't you have any alternate accounts? EU accounts/etc/etc.
On my main I got Dead Nation and Wipeout.[/QUOTE]
I wish I had made some alternate accounts before the outage, though it seems like most regions are getting largely the same selections for games to choose from.:whistle2:#

I'm still at my in-laws', their DSL sucks, and my wife invited an old high school friend over, so I don't think I'll be playing. Maybe late-ish though; we'll see.

Anyone want my copy of LA Noire it has the unused DLC from Amazon? PM if interested, if nothing by Sunday its going to Goozex or Lamestop

not that anyone cares (i sure wouldnt), but after this week, for a couple weeks, ill be unavailable to gameage. im off to the southern east coast for yet more military business for a few months. will have my ps3 shipped to me asap, naturally. hope i get free (altho probably shitty) hotel internet while im there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kotaku has some info on the updated multiplayer in Assassin's Creed Reveations. Basically: better UI, more incentive to stay stealthy, and they're trying to balance it a little more in favor of the targets, it sounds like. I don't know if the "honorable death" thing they talk about is how I would have handled it (I'd like to see some more defensive options for when you realize someone's following you), but it's good to hear they're looking at that specifically.

Just saw freaky playing Borderlands. I just recently reacquired it, so if anybody ever wants to play co-op (I don't have any of the DLC), let me know.

I'll probably be open to playing Borderlands co-op once I finish my first playthrough... I'm just enjoying the game at my own pace at the moment, doing all the side missions, looting everything I see... :D

I think I'm halfway through it... I feel like I've gone pretty far. o_O

I think TRW still has this game too, yes? ;)

If anybody wants codes for Killzone 3, let me know. If not, I'm gonna dump them in the PS3 code drop thread. I've got the retro map pack, 3-pt unlocks, and a Helghast avatar for PS Home.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'll probably be open to playing Borderlands co-op once I finish my first playthrough... I'm just enjoying the game at my own pace at the moment, doing all the side missions, looting everything I see... :D

I think I'm halfway through it... I feel like I've gone pretty far. o_O

I think TRW still has this game too, yes? ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, got the GOTY copy when it was on sale so I have all the DLC. Haven't played it much though, too many games to go through.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Dude, you started smoking that shit way too early today.[/QUOTE]
I think he just IV drips it...

I think one of you guys recommended this Nyko PS3 controller to me because it has concave sticks like a 360 controller. Anyway I was looking at one at the store and noticed it also has a switch that swaps the L1/L2 and R1/R2 buttons around, so you can always use R1 to shoot... so I immediately thought you-know-who might be interested.

They're also more like actual, 360-style triggers, if that makes a difference.

[quote name='mguiddy']There's so much wrong with that controller...[/QUOTE]
Not the least of which being that those Raven(I think that's the name for them) controllers NO LONGER WORK after the one PS3 firmware update.

Sony ended up killing A LOT of the USB dongle PS3 controllers with the one fw update.

Best bet if you're looking for a controller that doesn't require a USB dongle and runs on Bluetooth is the Rocketfish ones from Best Buy.

They've been on clearance for over a year now for $10, so chances of finding them are slim, but they're a tolerable third party controller.

Target is offering 50% off any 3DS game when you buy Zelda tomorrow. Does anyone want to split the cost of 2 copies of Zelda?

Or am I the only sorry fucker who actually bought a 3DS?

[quote name='metaly']I hereby retire from Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

Going out on a high, right? Well played, metaly...well played, indeed.

I love those goddamn maps, by the way.

Oh, and I have a PS3 Raven controller with a USB dongle and it works perfectly. I was playing Uncharted with it last night.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']:cry: What did I miss?[/QUOTE]

The last match was RPGs on the Flooded Ruins or whatever that Uncharted 1 map is, and maddenmills dropped so it was just me VS Randy and Bomber. I ended up with like a 1-point lead in the last minute or so.

Also much sneaking was done... I felt like Batman.
batman.gif

[quote name='bmachine']Target is offering 50% off any 3DS game when you buy Zelda tomorrow. Does anyone want to split the cost of 2 copies of Zelda?

Or am I the only sorry fucker who actually bought a 3DS?

Going out on a high, right? Well played, metaly...well played, indeed.

I love those goddamn maps, by the way.

Oh, and I have a PS3 Raven controller with a USB dongle and it works perfectly. I was playing Uncharted with it last night.[/QUOTE]

I kind of want to play that Zelda... but I don't have a 3DS. Nintendo has got to do a holiday price drop to compete with the Vita, right?
Also I want a silver one. :cold:

I hope they add Highrise and maybe Flooded Ruins as default maps in UC3 multiplayer. They're so good that it would be a shame if people missed out on them just because they're DLC.

[quote name='kube00']I"ll still play. I need to try to track down a cheap 3rd party wireless controller...[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of the Nyko Raven, since we're sort of on the topic. I got mine in April for $20 shipped from Newegg. I haven't touched my Dualshock controllers since it arrived.

xxx and I played it a little during one of those free weekends. It's a fun game but we couldn't figure out how to start a private match and people on the public servers are crazy good. It was a rough experience.

There were also a lot of ninjas.

bread's done
Back