CAG/PS3 Red Faction: Guerrilla Night [Thursdays @ 10pm EST]

Speaking of top-down and vehicular, is anybody going to buy RF:Battlegrounds while its $5? I'm sitting the fence, but if some of you bought it, I probably would too.

Just FYI, I bought Section 8: Prejudice already.

pour-one-out.jpg

Maybe if RFA had come out in July when there were no other AAA newly released it might have sold better. Oh yea and the competitve multiplayer.....

I still sort of wonder about their decision to release during E3 rather than the week before. I don't think it would hurt sales too seriously, but it couldn't have helped.

It's always sad to see someone shut the door on a series, but at least Volition is still around. Hopefully they'll take the opportunity to come up with a new series that incorporates Geo-Mod.

[quote name='JG5253']Is the multiplayer still active for RFG? I'm thinking of getting RFG from the PSN sale[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer was pretty barren as of a few months ago, and players were typically super hardcore or unsuspecting newbies. I think the sale might mean there are more people getting on to play, though. The game also has a fun campaign, so even if you don't play multiplayer it's worth $10.

[quote name='metaly']

Multiplayer was pretty barren as of a few months ago, and players were typically super hardcore or unsuspecting newbies. I think the sale might mean there are more people getting on to play, though. The game also has a fun campaign, so even if you don't play multiplayer it's worth $10.[/QUOTE]

Yea I've heard good things about it. Thanks for the information. I will be picking this up

So are we back on the RFG bandwagon for a while? It was good to play with everyone again although I didn't have that sense of utter fear as DD wasn't playing.

That time metaly jumped just as I was swinging, and then turning to get an ostrich in the face was pretty epic.
Epic as in epic failure on my part.

If anybody cares, I did go ahead and buy RF: Battlegrounds. For $5, I figured, why not? Same thing with the DLC. 2 packs, $1 each... why not. Today is the last full day of the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Im about to dump a few of my ps3 games on cl/gamestop. Any of you interested in the new call of juarez game, mass effect 2, sealed dead space 2 le, dead rising 2, or bulletstorm? Feel free to shoot me a pm

Brink is free to play (and 50% off to buy) on Steam this weekend. It's kind of fun. I don't think I'll be buying it (too many other games to play, etc., etc.) but I'll probably be playing it a little this weekend.

I was on Brink last night for a little while too. Will probably spend some time tonight with it as well, but I'm not seeing it as worth $25. It has some interesting concepts but constantly runs laggy for me.

I'm not going to be around most of next week, so no monday night BC2 or wednesday WKC for me.

Since I'm going to be offline, I think I might reach into my PS2 backlog and maybe just have a fresh go at Xenosaga 2 with a speed guide....

Xenosaga 2 is a wretched game. Why would you do that to yourself? (This is coming from someone who LOVE LOVED the first one.)

I know how horrendous it us, but I can only play Xenosaga 3 after I beat Xenosaga 2 (stupid inner completionist. I'd like to take a piece out of him...) . I've had Xenosaga 2 since it came out, and got stuck on a boss fight more then 4 years ago and not touched it since.

[quote name='metaly']Anyone besides Flik playing some Brrraannk later?[/QUOTE]
Already played the shit out of it.

bread's done
Back