CAG PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Night [On Indefinite Hold]

[quote name='mguiddy']Yeah... I think I about killed him in the darkwalker/nemesis (... I think that's what the evil tank is called...) but that could've been another match, since we played that map twice... And I always forget how UTIII's mic works..[/QUOTE]

ahhhhh, wish you had your mic working on that match X_X i kept swearing he didnt get past me, but no one said otherwise D:

[quote name='AllahBomber']ahhhhh, wish you had your mic working on that match X_X i kept swearing he didnt get past me, but no one said otherwise D:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I always forget it isn't open mic, then I forget what button is the push to talk. :oops: :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']It wasn't either of those I was thinking of... it was the one where there's the watermill in the middle of the map.
Someone took the flag and wasn't capturing it. I know cause I saw them run through the middle but people on my team (I think it was allah) kept saying "They have to still be in our base, they would've captured by now if they weren't".[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I may pick this game up sometime this week to get in with you guys.[/QUOTE]

oh forgot to mention, paco knows where all the armor is on every level so be prepared for that X_X

HEY. I don't know where all the armor is on every level. Only the standard capture the flag levels.

[quote name='Paco']Get ready for a beating.[/QUOTE]
Oh I'm looking forward to it. :lol:

Hopefully I can find it at my local Blockbuster and pick it up along with something else and make it an under $7.50 purchase.

[quote name='mguiddy']I say if we aren't going to use PCSpeedx, we should use speedfreak.[/QUOTE]

Speedfreak is bullshit with the rapidfire. There's no way to dodge shots with speedfreak on. I'll be putting on PCSpeedX for next week. Just didn't get around to doing it.

[quote name='Paco']Speedfreak is bullshit with the rapidfire. There's no way to dodge shots with speedfreak on. I'll be putting on PCSpeedX for next week. Just didn't get around to doing it.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
But you shouldn't have to worry with the host advantage.

And I just can't stand how slow it feels without something.

ya its a bit slow without pcspeed. we didnt add it last time so people would get a little trophy progression. not that i care much, but its sometimes nice to get a trophy :) although i do remember it saying there was still some mod loaded..dunno what it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was that level we did the VCTF custom one that was part of the DLC and the CBPs. Those also count as mods. Any level that's not in the standard and Titan pack is considered a mod.

ok, well I guess we'll do Greed this week. the next wildcard week well do betrayal again, hopefully by then people know how to play it :p (Hint: go learn it before then!)
No weekly maps, just the Persistent ones.

ive been planning to join you guys for a while but i couldnt find a copy of UT. Well, i got it from bbv's sale. so does this game have an install? there is almost no room left on my hard drive. (ive been looking for a sale on a 500 gb scorpio for 3 months now.)

[quote name='enufs8d']ive been planning to join you guys for a while but i couldnt find a copy of UT. Well, i got it from bbv's sale. so does this game have an install? there is almost no room left on my hard drive. (ive been looking for a sale on a 500 gb scorpio for 3 months now.)[/QUOTE]
It's optional... but the titan pack/community bonus packs/etc do take up room.

Doesn't require an install, but it drastically speeds up loadtimes, and if you get things from the mod browser and the PSN store, you'll be out a few gigs minimum.

w00t, getting this game in a trade for my $5 copy of Mercenaries 2 I picked up at Blockbuster.

Probably won't be able to play with you guys for a while, heading off for vacation next Sunday. But when I do, I'm prepared to respawn, walk 20 feet, and die. Can't wait. :lol:

[quote name='MillerTime2523']w00t, getting this game in a trade for my $5 copy of Mercenaries 2 I picked up at Blockbuster.

Probably won't be able to play with you guys for a while, heading off for vacation next Sunday. But when I do, I'm prepared to respawn, walk 20 feet, and die. Can't wait. :lol:[/QUOTE]

cool. cya

I'll probably only be playing for an hour today..unless we are really having some fun, then I'll stick it out a bit longer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, my brother stole the PS3 and took it to his friends house. If he gets back ill be sure to hop on if its not too late.

I actually asked everyone if they wanted to continue playing after the facing worlds map. Nobody replied, and it showed that people were leaving so I thought everyone was done?

as soon as i saw rataxico playing UT 730pm pst, i popped in my copy. unfortunately, by the time i downloaded patch, you guys were gone!

yeah, downloading that several gigs is a huge pain in the ass. But we did have some nice games. Come in when you got the time next time. And have everything ready ahead of time because downloading it all takes FOREVER.

[quote name='Paco']downloading it all takes FOREVER.[/QUOTE]

way to scare people off paco X_X......

the time it takes depends how fast you download. ive also noticed the ps3 doesnt download full speed most of the time on my connection so i downloaded the bigger map packs such as the CBPs on my computer then installed via flash drive.

the easiest way tho, is to start a download on your ps3 then just go watch some tv. when you see the hard drive light stop flashing, start the next one. that way it doesnt really take any effort at all.

and of course, everything you need is listed on the first post. or via OP link in my sig

good turnout and the games were fun...except for that huge map that had multiple stories...I say we take it out of the line up...
I didn't hear you ask the question Paco, I could have stayed for two more games or so...

Aww crap. That would have been good. Though so many people were leaving so it was kinda dying out after the two hour mark or so.

Yeah that multi-level map was retarded. It seemed no one on red team knew where the hell to go. I know I didn't. So I left.

That and it seemed I was always on the short handed team (plus mic not working again didn't help).

Some good games though.

@sb: ya i dunno why we always have uneven teams. never can get an even number :( altho i think a couple maps were even last night, and that was fun/rare.

i feel like that map coulda been fun if more people knew where to go. i didnt at first but i started figuring it out by the end and it was ok :p

@paco: ya once the vote screen comes up we cant talk anymore, so nobody knew it was ending :\

are you sure on that? I could've sworn that I heard people talking there there previous match before Vertabae.

Too bad some regulars weren't there. Jman, DD83, RideRomero and a few others. I think if I can keep my friends in it, we'll at least have some interesting games, above five or six people.

ya im sure. sometimes when a person is already talking when the vote comes it goes through, usually not. the voice button is definitely disabled tho.

I can hear you guys occasionally during the vote...but the times I've tried to say something haven't gotten a response, so assuming you guys don't hear me...either that or you guys were just ignoring me...

[quote name='jwargand']I can hear you guys occasionally during the vote...but the times I've tried to say something haven't gotten a response, so assuming you guys don't hear me...either that or you guys were just ignoring me...[/QUOTE]

heh, ya probably just didnt hear ya since cant start a new response.

[quote name='blader16']So right before the game ends are we gonna discuss what map is next? Or is it just choose what you want?[/QUOTE]

We vote in-game. UT3 night is a democracy

Mostly, we all just vote against Facing Worlds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:cry: Backed by the worst sniper playing video games. :cry:

I was on the let's vote against facing worlds bandwagon until we played that lame multi story map where I was lost and never once got close to the other team's base...

[quote name='Paco']yeah, downloading that several gigs is a huge pain in the ass. But we did have some nice games. Come in when you got the time next time. And have everything ready ahead of time because downloading it all takes FOREVER.[/QUOTE]

i dont even have a free gig on my system. do you guys ever play the normal nondownload stuff?

yes we do. But the patch is still going to run you near that gig. I'd erase some stuff to make room in all honesty.

[quote name='enufs8d']i dont even have a free gig on my system. do you guys ever play the normal nondownload stuff?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Paco']yes we do. But the patch is still going to run you near that gig. I'd erase some stuff to make room in all honesty.[/QUOTE]
Ya, both official DLCs and both CBPs are a must, no way around it really. time for a hard drive upgrade :) cause we always want new people.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I picked this game up, so I'm down to play![/QUOTE]
awesome!, check out the first post for everything you need :D

bread's done
Back