CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
wbc1228 don't leave this thread! Even though some may find you abrasive right now, we need more of your kind. Nice to see WV Matsui in his first fight not about how he posts, haha.

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']I like to think of meeek as gamesharing's colonologist. He digs deep, cleans out the filth. Good man.[/QUOTE]
you seem to have personal -bad- experience... I believe the word you're looking for is "proctologist"

or maybe it's something during your childhood, Mr Freud? that's not the first time you get into "anal" stage, got too much butt slapped? :roll:

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']bury his nose deep into to the crevasses of your ass until he finds the nugget he so desperately seeks[/QUOTE]
What a poet! what a prose!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, now that this 5 to 2 crap has calm down and we have moved on to a new account. We decided to sell the remaining 3 slots we have on our PSN games account. It was setup so we only buy PSN games that's not out on disc and stuff that's on sell for plus, but thanks to SONY it didn't last long. Was going to get everything or at least try to make it complete b4 we open up the 3 slots to get ppl to join. Anyway long story short, this is good IF you are a trophy hunters like us ;) All the slots have been activated by us and I am the host so no worry about account being stolen or what not. Here's what's on the account:

Alien Breed 1-3
Blue Toad Murder Files 1-6(1 being FREE)
CoD W@W Map Pack 1-3
Anarchy: Rush Hour
Spelunker HD
Superstars V8 Racing
Burnout Crash!
LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack
Crysis
OKABU
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
PayDay The Heist
Hasbro Family Game Night
Infamous Festival of Blood

***Some Online Pass and stuff we just throw in there(FREE)***

We are asking for $30 for a share or if you have something of interest PM me or djhmetfan2

Thanks and sorry for the long story ;)

PS: It still has Plus till 12/18/11(Thanks rams81 for info)

[quote name='TheKid101']PS: It still has Plus but not sure for how long if someone can tell me how to check maybe I can update this post[/QUOTE]

You can check your subscription as followed...

Playstation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > Playstation Plus

[quote name='jamehze']Do Enslaved first since it's the shortest. I enjoyed it a lot, but would never replay it again. DLC is a lot of fun as well.

I'd rather just keep rather than go through a rental since Rag Doll is such a terrible game. I just want it in the off chance I don't have any games so I can get 100%. I'm really in no rush to get it at all. Thanks for the offer though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going to do Enslaved first. I think I'll start with the DLC so I can sell the share right after I'm done with it. Do you think that's a good idea or should I play the main game first?

And when I said lend, I might actually lending, not renting or whatever. I got the game for free from a Sprint promo. I'm in no hurry to get it back, it's been sitting with 3 slots free since its creation. I've just never seen any demand for it around here or I'd offer sooner.

PS. I'm on a borrowed laptop so I'm still waiting on my laptop.

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']I like to think of meeek as gamesharing's colonologist. He digs deep, cleans out the filth. Good man.[/QUOTE]
you seem to have personal -bad- experience... I believe the word you're looking for is "proctologist"

or maybe it's something during your childhood, Mr Freud? that's not the first time you get into "anal" stage, got too much butt slapped?

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']bury his nose deep into to the crevasses of your ass until he finds the nugget he so desperately seeks[/QUOTE]
What a poet! what a prose! :roll:

[quote name='meeek']you seem to have personal -bad- experience... I believe the word you're looking for is "proctologist"

or maybe it's something during your childhood, Mr Freud? that's not the first time you get into "anal" stage, got too much butt slapped? :roll:[/QUOTE]

I was complementing you meeek, c'mon son, context.

No, colonologist is a more specific practice, usually dealing with the cleaning of the intestinal tract. My usage of the term was fine.

Lol @ your last sentence. I understand your trying to be witty, however the execution of it (or lack thereof) is much more hilarious then the intended insult. Gotta love the eye rolling emoticon too, my kid sister and her friends do that lol.

[quote name='rams81']You can check your subscription as followed...

Playstation Network > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > Playstation Plus[/QUOTE]

Thanks updated info

[quote name='Usuyami']Yeah, I'm going to do Enslaved first. I think I'll start with the DLC so I can sell the share right after I'm done with it. Do you think that's a good idea or should I play the main game first?

And when I said lend, I might actually lending, not renting or whatever. I got the game for free from a Sprint promo. I'm in no hurry to get it back, it's been sitting with 3 slots free since its creation. I've just never seen any demand for it around here or I'd offer sooner.

PS. I'm on a borrowed laptop so I'm still waiting on my laptop.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what you start first, but the dlc and the main game are diametrically different in gameplay and style. The DLC is more stealth based and follows another character while the main game is more platforming action. I hosted a DLC group a while back, but sold my share quickly since the DLC only a few hours long. It's well worth it though.

I'll take you up on your offer for Rag Doll then. I might never touch it, but at least I'll have it just in case. I'll PM you tomorrow when I'm near my PS3.

Anyone seen my username? Some of you take this name calling too seriously, but I love it! Keep going, I'll be here all night while Sonic Generations downloads.

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']Gotta love the eye rolling emoticon too, my kid sister and her friends do that lol.[/QUOTE]
looking over his kid sister and friends online conversations... :roll:/:whistle2:#/gross

If you want to make a "joke", at least use the correct word!
Proktos, meaning anus or hindparts, and Logos meaning science or study.

and I'm not being witty, I seriously think you didn't get over an early childhood issue you had, hence the repeated fecal talk. May also explain your overanalytical side, "Cochran"...

[quote name='meeek']looking over his kid sister and friends online conversations... :roll:/:whistle2:#/gross

If you want to make a "joke", at least use the correct word!
Proktos, meaning anus or hindparts, and Logos meaning science or study.

and I'm not being witty, I seriously think you didn't get over an early childhood issue you had, hence the repeated fecal talk. May also explain your overanalytical side, "Cochran"...[/QUOTE]

Look at meeek go lol. Trying desperately craft your insult game. Your like the hall monitor/jester of the thread - you strut around like a complete dweeb while mouthing strange lingo that you think passes for ingenious banter. You garner some laughs I'm sure, shit you make me chuckle, but ofcourse the laughs come at your expense. It's undeniable though that your an asset the thread, besides providing the previously mentioned laughs. Don't take my jabs too seriously meeek, it's all in good fun. Develop a stronger sense of humor, or at least grow some tougher skin.

Props to Brainberry, Mirmo and rams81 for actually using the thread to buy something under the new limitations! Looks like Sonic Generations will be a success, and it only took a day! Kinda reminds me of the "old" days. They deserve a cookie and a star next to their username, haha.

I got resellable slots of MotorStorm Apocalypse and Sonic Generations off the UK store for $33 this week. I'd say deals are still possible if we'd get back to business and stop trying to keep a secret we never use. Yes, it's more than what I would've paid pre-18th, but it's still really good even considering future retail price drops.

Eh personally I'm not interested in all these retail games coming out recently since they'll drop in price in a few months and I'll get a disc version after I clear a rather large backlog. When they start coming out with new decent downloadable games, then I'll start making groups again. This week was Wanted Corp which had like no reviews by the big people and all the amateur ones are saying how mediocre it is. Waiting till the end of the year sale which hopefully will give better deals on older games.

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']you strut around like a complete dweeb while mouthing strange lingo that you think passes for ingenious banter[/QUOTE]
don't forget guys, with an english accent! :mrgreen:

[quote name='jamehze']Eh personally I'm not interested in all these retail games coming out recently since they'll drop in price in a few months and I'll get a disc version after I clear a rather large backlog.[/QUOTE]

Good point, but these disc are starting to wear on the PS3 itself. Take L.A. Noire or RDR for example. That's something I'd rather have digitally at the gameshare price than on a disc. Ask how many people would prefer a Skyrim download just in this topic alone. I like to avoid wear and tear even if it means I have to "share". Usuyami has already shown there's a market for time shares, so don't miss the boat. Over time everything will cancel itself out on that share. People are clamming up at a faster rate than I predicted. I think Usuyami is on to something. If L.A. Noire does good considering it's rumored size (30GB), I wouldn't be surprised if we see Heavy Rain Director's Cut and the Uncharted series.

NSYNC, you said earlier today you'd see the thread being dead a year from now, but now the opposite? I think you need to consult Doc Steamboat! :p (watch out, he'll talk a lot about rectum related stuff haha)

Forgot about that whole HD space issue, too. If only I was faster at clearing games. I have a 120gb and it's still not enough. I do a lot of physical disc swapping though (cag and other sites) as well so those old games are going to be traded to me eventually. A lot of people don't have trade feedback though so I'm not sure if that's a good reason. Just throwing out a possible reason why people aren't clamoring for spots.

I just looked up my backlog and I have at least 30 full PS3 games that I own and 40 some odd downloadable games as well. Then there's like 40 on my wish list. I don't think I'll be forming new groups too soon. I think it's because I like to see my shelf/HD full.

[quote name='meeek']NSYNC, you said earlier today you'd see the thread being dead a year from now, but now the opposite? I think you need to consult Doc Steamboat! :p (watch out, he'll talk a lot about rectum related stuff haha)[/QUOTE]

meeek, buy/sell something or shut-up LOL!

EDIT: You and SteamboatOperator are gonna get yourselves temp banned with this rectum stuff.

[quote name='Brainberry']Nobody here is interested in a Dead Island Group?

Mind=Blown[/QUOTE]

It's simply too expensive, just because they added that .99 to be cute. At 50/50, you're looking at $48. Try to sell someone on a phantom on a near $100 account. Granted, you can still purchase other items with the remaining balance, it's still unreasonable for the most of us. Let it come to the US, and it'll be a different story. If you could've got it for a £35 PSN card, it'd cost the same as it's US version.

[quote name='NSYNC']It's simply too expensive, just because they added that .99 to be cute. At 50/50, you're looking at $48. Try to sell someone on a phantom on a near $100 account. Granted, you can still purchase other items with the remaining balance, it's still unreasonable for the most of us. Let it come to the US, and it'll be a different story. If you could've got it for a £35 PSN card, it'd cost the same as it's US version.[/QUOTE]

this is why i bought the euro version but it backfired on me. i got the eu card for $66. if i can find a way to deactivate ill have 2 slots. its a austria account

yeah instead of asking his good EUR friend!

I say wait for an US version, or a price drop.

Looking for a slot of From Dust.

Selling/Trading [5 slots!]

Account 1:
Warhawk + All DLCs
Flow + DLC
Flower
Super StarDust HD(not the welcome back one)

1 slot worths around 9$ but my offer is: 1 slot - 6$
If you buy the whole account,with the 5 shares you only have to pay 22$

[quote name='ganjaman1']Selling/Trading [5 slots!]

Account 1:
Warhawk + All DLCs
Flow + DLC
Flower
Super StarDust HD(not the welcome back one)

1 slot worths around 9$ but my offer is: 1 slot - 6$
If you buy the whole account,with the 5 shares you only have to pay 22$[/QUOTE]

hate to burst your bubble but warhawk has a 24 hour lock on it preventing another system from playing it for 24 hours. making it not shareable. you would have to sell the whole account

[quote name='meeek']yeah instead of asking his good EUR friend!

I say wait for an US version, or a price drop.

Looking for a slot of From Dust.[/QUOTE]

Are you offering to host ?

ARE OFFERING?!??!!??!?!??

lol, I would ask you but you already said you'd rather not convert your cash into PP money so I left it alone lol

SELLING
or
Will Trade

Linger in Shadows
My Aquarium
.detuned

All for $2

Super Easy Trophies

[quote name='thenurseryan']
SELLING

Linger in Shadows
My Aquarium
.detuned

All for $2

Super Easy Trophies
[/QUOTE]

Hellllllllllllo nurse!

I'll take it if it's still available.

[quote name='NSYNC']Props to Brainberry, Mirmo and rams81 for actually using the thread to buy something under the new limitations! Looks like Sonic Generations will be a success, and it only took a day! Kinda reminds me of the "old" days. They deserve a cookie and a star next to their username, haha.

I got resellable slots of MotorStorm Apocalypse and Sonic Generations off the UK store for $33 this week. I'd say deals are still possible if we'd get back to business and stop trying to keep a secret we never use. Yes, it's more than what I would've paid pre-18th, but it's still really good even considering future retail price drops.[/QUOTE]

Really glad to see these groups worked out. I felt really bad for turning you down for both games but I had little to no interest in them.

I'm the complete opposite of you in thinking that the future of gamesharing will be alright. When the existing 1/5 shares have been passed around like the village whore-cycle and people get tired of them and finally accept that 1/5 pricing for anything with demand has gone the way of the dodo, their expectations will finally adjust to reality. So their two options will then be to either 1) wait for disc games to go on sale (jamehze) or 2) realize that the lower cost benefits of 2-slot accounts is still better than any other alternative.

If they were to buy a phantom share, they would pay between 1/6 to 1/8 the total price, giving them instant access to a $60 game for $7.50-$10.00, without having to wait 1+ years for the disc version to go on clearance. Now, for the thrifty and impatient gamers, they could choose to buy the disc game at retail, speed through it, and sell it at a minimal loss of say $10 of their cost. Why do that, when they can instead grab a phantom share, play the game at the pace they desire, and retain access to that game for as long as they desire? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

So what about the pricier sellable shares? At 1/3 to 3/8 of the total price, these cost considerably more than anything from the 1/5 days. $20-$22.50 for a $60 game? That's outrageous! Only if you think about it with the $12 share of days past in mind. Stop living in denial! It's time to accept reality and move on. NSYNC has been disbanded and is no longer cool! :lol: These new sellable shares are geared towards the speedy players, who go through games at a quick pace. Essentially the idea is the same as buying retail disc games at release, playing through them as fast as possible, and selling them at a minimal loss. But instead, the potential risk of incurring heavy losses is minimized. At worst, the most you could lose is $22.50, and that's only if you're the worst gamer in history and never manage to finish the game. And even then, you could lend the share to friends or allocate timeshares to better gamers who can finish the game quickly and compensate you for a fraction of your cost. After 6 months, and if you still somehow have the share in your possession, you now have even more possibilities at your disposal. (More on this later)

Just as an example, I and a few other CAGs recently tested out this system of phantom/sellable shares out on Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. I purchased a sellable share for $22.50, had fun playing co-op aka tossing people to their deaths, platted the game, and sold it to someone else for $20 a week later. This is a game that sold poorly even on disc until they bundled it with PS3s. Consumer interest in this game is abysmal but it still only cost me $2.50 to get rid of. I doubt you could rent the game for that cheap anywhere. (Note: Do not live in the U.S. so I have no clue what awesome renting deals you guys have available to you) The guy who bought it from me for $20 will only have an easier time selling it for $17.50, and so on. Games with higher demand (pretty much any game), will retain resale value much easier, potentially letting the owner of sellable shares play the games for free.

Oh man, in my exhausted state, I accidentally posted this instead of previewing.. I'll just leave it here unfinished and go to bed. meeek will probably come along and yell at me but I think it's pretty much out of the bag at this point and hopefully this post will inspire at least a few of you to try the new system. I'll make a second post some other time because I feel there are still benefits and potential advantages that haven't been covered with these 2-slot accounts and the systems we are trying to implement to make the most of them. If you're a true CAG, or you miss the excitement of gamesharing, or you just want to stick it to Sony, then you owe it to yourself to at least try and participate in these new 2-slot groups.

[quote name='thenurseryan']
SELLING
or
Will Trade

Linger in Shadows
My Aquarium
.detuned

All for $2

Super Easy Trophies
[/QUOTE]

Sold!

Interested in a resellable spot.

[quote name='NSYNC']Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath releases as a PSN exclusive on 12/27 for $14.99

Breakdown 8th:
$1.88 for "phantom"
$5.62 for resellable

Breakdown 6th:
$2.50 for "phantom"
$5.00 for resellable

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Online Pass
3 slots available (555KB) - $1.12 each

Dante's Inferno Dark Forest Pack DLC*
3 slots available (307MB) - $1.00 each

Burn Zombie Burn: Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle + Tomb Raider Underworld*
1 slot available (185MB/6149MB) - $5.00

*Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle includes full game (164MB), In Space DLC (21MB) and PS3 theme (4589KB).
*Dark Forest pack includes the Disco Inferno costume, Stone of Wrath relic, and a prequel level featuring new enemies, puzzles, storyline, and 2 trophies!
[/QUOTE]

Selling

$5 borderlands
all borderlands dlc free when you buy borderlands

$4 resident evil 5
$3 mk vs dc
$5 FF7 - legend of mana - suikoden - castlevaina chronicles - parasite eve - pixel junkshooter - infamous -wipeout

[quote name='Heavyd814life']I was just going to post that. I'm really interested in getting a group together for most of the family games available. Anyone interested? We could get a 4-person group together[/QUOTE]

I'm down...not worried about the bad reviews or poor online play, we're just looking for stuff to play with the kids....UNO (PSN) has been a big hit here lately, now we're looking to add to that. Wheel of Fortune looks good as does Press Your Luck (loved that show as a kid)

[quote name='WV Matsui']I will say it!

We have all lost money on fucking shares in here. It is a permanent price drop. All I did was ask him how much his fucking share was and you had roll in here and act like the GameShare police.

I am not buying it and I will wait for someone who did pay $5.40 to sell there slot. If Crash wants to sell his slot for $7 or $100 that's up to him. All I did is ask a question and you decided to mount your fucking high horse and roll in here like you know everything.

And in case you didn't notice the site is called cheap ass gamer and we are in a gamesharing forum so we are all cheap.

QFT and leave me alone.

I guess I will go to best buy and tell them that since the new MSRP on Duke Nukem is $9.99 that they should sell that shit for $59.99! Don't listen to the manufacturer, BB paid for that game they don't have to sell it for $9.99! And guess what, it will sit in the damn shelf just as long as some of these shares with permanent price drops will.

Ask someone with Infamous 2 who bought it for $12 and now can't sell it for $5![/QUOTE]
..............I'd pay $5 for inFAMOUS 2...............

[quote name='stuntman21']..............I'd pay $5 for inFAMOUS 2...............[/QUOTE]

Look a few pages back someone was selling it for that!

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Online Pass.
$1

Battlefield 1943
$2

Monopoly Streets.
$6

Infamous 2, Back To The Future (ALL EP), Battle: Los Angeles, Spare Parts.
$16

Anyone want to 50/50 with me in US Back to Karkand share? It'll cost $7.50 each. Or of there's enough interest we can do the new phantom stuff. First two people that get it will have their system deactivated via qriocity (if they log on to that account then they'll be permanently locked out, so don't log on to the account) while the second two can sell the shares. Pm me if interested. I'm fine with splitting 50/50 or doing phantom. I'm down for a long term BF3 dlc if someone is interested too.

[quote name='Azazael13']Still looking for a phantom share for Dragon Age 2.[/QUOTE]

Nobody made any groups. It's actually cheaper on the UK store too. PM andsoitgoes. They're interested in Dragon Age 2.

Back to Karkand UK - £11.99

CAGs interested ;

1. ayevenom
2. gamerGirl34
3. FlameSrox
4. 4thHorseman
5. Tu13es
6. Foxx
7. cobolatrix
8. adamedoe
9. craig64
10. AFC Naruto

You can make groups of 2 or upwards to 4 people.

£25 UK Card

Card will cost $38.36. You can use the remaining balance (£13.01) on future DLC. The host can collect everyone's funds and pay with PayPal. They're always quick to send the codes and are the cheapest, most reliable. There's absolutely no excuse why any of you can't host if you collect the funds first.

Breakdown 8th:
$4.80 for "phantoms"
$14.38 for resellable

Breakdown 6th:
$6.40 for "phantoms"
$12.78 for resellable

Breakdown 50/50:
$19.18 for resellable

Remember, you should have enough for the next DLC installment, so don't let the initial price scare you too much. "Phantoms" can just hop back on 6 months later to get any additional DLC.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Online Pass
3 slots available (555KB) - $1.00 each

*Diarrhea of the Dead Bundle includes full game (164MB), In Space DLC (21MB) and PS3 theme (4589KB).
*Dark Forest pack includes the Disco Inferno costume, Stone of Wrath relic, and a prequel level featuring new enemies, puzzles, storyline, and 2 trophies!

----------
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath releases as a PSN exclusive on 12/27 for $14.99

$5.00
1. NSYNC - PAID
2. Topaz
----------

$2.50
1. iwarboY
2. SteamboatOperator - PAID

[quote name='NSYNC']Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Online Pass
3 slots available (555KB) - $1.12 each

----------
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath releases as a PSN exclusive on 12/27 for $14.99

$5.00
1. NSYNC
----------

$2.50
1. Topaz
2.iwarboy[/QUOTE]
added myself if that's cool bro

1 "phantom" slot for $2.50 left. Put Topaz in the wrong section, sorry. The account is already made and I'll add the funds early to minimize the waiting for "phantoms".

Selling shares of Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Soul+ALL DLC packs, 6$

Also a share of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition upgrade DLC, 3$

Or trading them for PS Move compatable games (Or best offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back