CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can host (I've done multiple hosts here before) but this is the 1st time since Sony reduced the activations from 5. Is it basically the same procedure in the OP? Sorry for the noob question but haven't been gamesharing much lately...

Also, any of you got a 30 day PSN+?

[quote name='kiwimonster']fucking shit has to happen to me my first gameshare I do on here gets swiped. Awesome.[/QUOTE]
what do you mean swiped?

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']Crystal Defenders - $9.99

Sellable - $3.33
1. SteamboatOp (Host)
2. Poshbishounen
Phantom (non-sellable) - $1.66

* I am willing to switch over to a phantom slot should someone want a sellable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ModNation Racers career extension add-on's (Arctic Tour, Far East Tour, Big City Tour) - $29.97 ($9.99 each)

Sellable - $9.99
1. SteamboatOp (Host)
Phantom (non-sellable) - $4.99
2. superdave85

* superdave85 and myself are willing to re-arrange our positions to accommodate slot preferences.

Add yourselves if interested.[/QUOTE]

*Bump

Get in on some MNR people. It's fun :)

[quote name='meeek']what do you mean swiped?[/QUOTE]

In between me deactivating it and me selling it to the "new owner" someone logged in and took the slot that got freed up after I deactivated it from my Ps3.

Unless I did it wrong I logged into the account account management>system activation> deactivate games. Once my system was deactivated I deleted that account off my ps3 sent the info over to the new owner. He said also that the slot is filled I logged into it again on my ps3 to confirm and someone has taken the slot it seems.

It just pisses me off its not about the money it makes me look like a moron to the new seller and like I am trying to rip him off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brainberry']Now i do!

Still dont get the reference.

Was he a PC gamer?[/QUOTE]
shame on you!
I don't either
I doubt it.
What the hell is that stuff for, Brain, btw? according to cwinters, you'd be a geek! :p

[quote name='kiwimonster']In between me deactivating it and me selling it to the "new owner" someone logged in and took the slot that got freed up after I deactivated it from my Ps3.

Unless I did it wrong I logged into the account account management>system activation> deactivate games. Once my system was deactivated I deleted that account off my ps3 sent the info over to the new owner. He said also that the slot is filled I logged into it again on my ps3 to confirm and someone has taken the slot it seems.[/QUOTE]
unless it's an old (5 slots) account, the number of sharers is limited, can't be too hard finding who did it... or you screwed up and deac'd vids?
that or new buyer is trying to rip you off, getting the share AND the money... did he ask for refund/want to PM me who?

[quote name='kiwimonster']In between me deactivating it and me selling it to the "new owner" someone logged in and took the slot that got freed up after I deactivated it from my Ps3.

Unless I did it wrong I logged into the account account management>system activation> deactivate games. Once my system was deactivated I deleted that account off my ps3 sent the info over to the new owner. He said also that the slot is filled I logged into it again on my ps3 to confirm and someone has taken the slot it seems.[/QUOTE]

How big was the window between you deactivating and them trying to activate? This has happened to me before that's why I make sure they know to activate as soon as they get the info or if it's a pricey share i'll give them a temp pw just to be on the safe side.

Yeah it was ME3+dlc share so im out 23.33. Was probably nearly 24 hours+ between me deactivating and him trying to activate. Mistake on my part for leaving such a giant window like that next time I will keep the slot activated then deactivate right before the info is given to the new seller.

[quote name='meeek']shame on you!
I don't either
I doubt it.
What the hell is that stuff for, Brain, btw? according to cwinters, you'd be a geek! :p

unless it's an old (5 slots) account, the number of sharers is limited, can't be too hard finding who did it... or you screwed up and deac'd vids?
that or new buyer is trying to rip you off, getting the share AND the money... did he ask for refund/want to PM me who?[/QUOTE]

lol no its a new account and I deactivated games and videos to be on the safe side.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Yeah it was ME3+dlc share so im out 23.33. Was probably nearly 24 hours+ between me deactivating and him trying to activate. Mistake on my part for leaving such a giant window like that next time I will keep the slot activated then deactivate right before the info is given to the new seller.[/QUOTE]

You can easily find out who did this. It shouldn't be hard at all since the number of people are relatively small. If the password was changed for the phantoms they can no longer access and with only 2 activations with such a new game you can trace it back easily through qriocity.

You guys who host might want to show him how to find out how who did it rather than keep telling how easy it is...

Just saying :)

hi,

I'm selling 1 resellable slot of Catherine at 13 usd and 1 resellable slot of Jouney at 5 usd.

PM me if interested. ;-)

Selling 1 slot of Borderlands + all of its DLCs, not sure what the price/trade should be so just PM me what you think is right.

[quote name='NDT']hi,

I'm selling 1 resellable slot of Catherine at 13 usd and 1 resellable slot of Jouney at 5 usd.

PM me if interested. ;-)[/QUOTE]

I've had one positive transaction with NDT with no problems so far. Although new he seems fine.

[quote name='kiwimonster']I logged into qriocity I can see 4 systems activated does it give any info about the systems besides there nicknames?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean 4 systems activated? As there are two activations, but the nicknames go up to system 4? Do you know which users have had access to these accounts?

Qriocity remembers each unique PS3 if I remember correctly so that means there should only be 4 unique members who have activated on your ps3. Work backwards to figure out the potential order and ask them to activate or deactivate. Their number should disappear or reappear and you can match them.

EDIT:
Actually if there are only 4 unique activators then that probably means one of your phantoms snagged a resellable.

If I somehow only deactivated videos instead of games and deleted the account off my Ps3 is that share gone forever? I am pretty sure I did videos and games just to be safe.

[quote name='kiwimonster']If I somehow only deactivated videos instead of games and deleted the account off my Ps3 is that share gone forever? I am pretty sure I did videos and games just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

No if you're still activated under games, your system is still activated even if you delete the account. I have maybe 20 accounts activated on my ps3 right now as I go through them.

I will have to check my Ps3 when I get home. Basically the password was changed 1 phantom doesn't know the password. The other phantom was the host. So it comes down to me, and 4 other people knowing the password to the share. (2 of the resells, the host, and the "new owner"). I bought this resell share off of the original owner of the resell slot.

Go on Qriocity and check the name of each PS3 system under "Devices". You definitely shouldn't have four PS3's showing up at once. Also, look for the icons under each. There should be a music symbol under two of them and maybe a video reel under one, but again, only two PS3's should be there ATM.

My PS3 System = host or 1st phantom
PS3 System 2 = host or 2nd phantom
PS3 System 3 = host or kiwiminster
PS3 System 4 = host or kiwimonster
PS3 System 5 = a resale took place (another unique PS3)
PS3 System 6 = a resale took place (another unique PS3)

etc, etc. You didn't necessarily lose your account and $23.33, just access to it for 6 months if you can't get a confession.

EDIT: If you activate/deactivate right now, you can find out exactly what system # your PS3 is. I've done timeshares and my number is always the same once finished.
EDIT #2: For example, I'm "My PS3 System" on all my hosted accounts and the other resale is always #4. 2 and 3 are my phantoms, but they're wiped away and don't show up on Qriocity. It should be easy to catch who's doing what. I'm going to assume most hosts give 1 and 2 to phantoms and them and the other resale take 3 and 4 afterwards.

kiwimonster : you definitely need to deactivate Game. Not video, it's not needed. I suggest you check this at home, sometimes you can forget to deactivate, it happened to me once already.

Yeah I don't have access to my Ps3 until I get home to check. Hmm one of the Ps3 systems disappeared off qriocity and I just called my roommate to log onto my Ps3 to try and activate the account again on my Ps3 and it worked, I was able to get it back.

Maybe qriocity was lagged behind or is it instant? Oh well either way I got it back. Still don't understand why it is showing 3 Ps3 though lol. and it had 4 at one time.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Maybe qriocity was lagged behind or is it instant? Oh well either way I got it back. Still don't understand why it is showing 3 Ps3 though lol.[/QUOTE]

It's instant. An extra, third PS3 is still activated under "Video" though most likely. Either way, I'm sure the unique ID's spooked someone here so they deactivated, LOL! Check the icons on Qriocity.

EDIT: You and the other resale slot should change the password ASAP now.

[quote name='meeek']shame on you!
I don't either
I doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

Its a speedpad I bought for SC2 that I ended up not using.

ESRB ratings popped up for GTAIII and Vice City on PS3. I'm excited, but also sad there's no mention of San Andreas. PSN downloads and/or an HD collection on the way? Hopefully it's not just PS2 Classics.

[quote name='NSYNC']ESRB ratings popped up for GTAIII and Vice City on PS3. I'm excited, but also sad there's no mention of San Andreas. PSN downloads and/or an HD collection on the way?[/QUOTE]

It happened a couple months ago. There was a little talk about their impending release... No word on a release date yet?

[quote name='Trueblade']Check your inbox, caedeskhan.[/QUOTE]

All set to go....before I sent out PMs can you confirm that you (or someone) has a PS+ available? Your original post alluded to that...

Thanks!

I keep hoping a Mafia II DLC bundle would be added. No way can I find a group when all of it cost $42, LOL! The game itself is only $19.99. They should consider doing price drops on DLC like they do their actual games.

Are Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Battlefield 3, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Driver: San Franciso, FIFA Street, Rayman: Origins, DiRT3, LittleBigPlanet2, Sonic Generations and Need for Speed: The Run the only UK/EU exclusives left now?

EDIT: Just realized that's alot of games.

Want to know if someone has interest In buying a slot of battlefield 3 from me; could also accept some partial trades depending on the games.
Would take about a week or so for the sale to go through, since I'd have to contact the sole password holder.

[quote name='NSYNC']I keep hoping a Mafia II DLC bundle would be added. No way can I find a group when all of it cost $42, LOL! The game itself is only $19.99. They should consider doing price drops on DLC like they do their actual games.

Are Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Battlefield 3, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Driver: San Franciso, FIFA Street, Rayman: Origins, DiRT3, LittleBigPlanet2, Sonic Generations and Need for Speed: The Run the only UK/EU exclusives left now?

EDIT: Just realized that's alot of games.[/QUOTE]
Is Dead Island available on us psn? I was trying to find it for cheap used at Bestbuy and couldn't.

[quote name='kanamit']Is Dead Island available on us psn? I was trying to find it for cheap used at Bestbuy and couldn't.[/QUOTE]

Not US, no. I wound up buying used from gamestop. Well worth the pre-owned price!

[quote name='TurkFebruary']So no go on groups for AC:R?[/QUOTE]

I would but I'm broke, all I have is a couple games and a crummy dollar in my Paypal :(

Maybe I'll sell my Bf3 slot if I can get a good price.

BF3 for sale, any offers? xD

For Sale:

Bloodrayne Betrayal (sellable) - $2
Trine (sellable) - $2
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood (sellable) - $2
Red Dead Redemption (sellable) - $6
Enslaved Pigsy's Perfect 10 DLC (sellable) - $1
Renegade Ops (sellable) - $2

Pm me if interested, thanks.

This guy reminds me of Steamboat.
ducreux1.jpg

Sorry, I've been busy. I'll set this up and host it.

Dead Nation: Road to Devastation DLC

1. Miguel_Zorro
2. Devil May Cry

Phantom
1. anwbear

Anybody interested?

Also have the following for sale:

Borderlands (game only)
Borderlands (DLC only)

Looking to buy:

LittleBigPlanet: Pirates of the Caribbean DLC
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed DLC