CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried one once and it was an epic failURE (for the retards that can't speak correct english), no wonder I blocked out that word LOL

Alright... looking to start or join a group that has

Pixel Junk Side Scroller
Rochard
From Dust
Kick Ass The Game
Lead And Gold
Outland
Renegade Ops
Okabu

[quote name='meeek']

this is where I repost ;):
Everyone should make accounts on the ps blogs and post (thoughtful, reasonable) comments there. Maybe we could at least get this limit down to 3, not 2 systems?
Can't let sony screw us over and all the corporate cheerleaders' comments go, can we?
[/QUOTE]

I agree.

How do you guys think this new policy will affect those that already bought the Uncharted 3: Fortune Hunters' Club season pass?

Will 5 PS3s that share an account still be able to download the upcoming DLC for it?

I've added you smarkbran.

Limbo
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk
4. steamboatoperator

Prince of Persia Trilogy
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk

God of War Collection Origins (I'll get this going once contej85 gets back to me)
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk
4. crzyboy88
5. wv mastui

Sidescroller
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk
4. smarkbran

Splinter cell Trilogy
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk
4. Hammer_jay

Rochard
1. jamehze
2. wakyasuk
3. smarkbran
4. Foladar

[quote name='Thaster']How do you guys think this new policy will affect those that already bought the Uncharted 3: Fortune Hunters' Club season pass?

Will 5 PS3s that share an account still be able to download the upcoming DLC for it?[/QUOTE]

I have the same question..It would really suck if all 5 of us can't download the dlc...also wondering about ps plus groups..

[quote name='NSYNC']Everything will be worthless LOL! Would you rather have spent $20+ dollars on a huge share and have it stolen come Nov. 18 or a $2 one? Once someone breaks off and sells their slot on these big groups forming today, you lose all control. Trust me, people will sell down the road, and the host will just stop caring to "repair" things. I keep mentioning Battlefield 3 because it seems everyone bought a share. What's to stop a reseller from deactivating a slot? Those shares have plummeted because everyone has account access.
[/QUOTE]

There's only 2 routes to this.

1) Everything will be fine - There will only be few and negligible cases where accounts are stolen and shares are deactivated. (

[quote name='Thaster']How do you guys think this new policy will affect those that already bought the Uncharted 3: Fortune Hunters' Club season pass?

Will 5 PS3s that share an account still be able to download the upcoming DLC for it?[/QUOTE]

I'm a little worried about this as well. I'm hoping since it's technically already paid for you should still be able to download it on 5 accounts.

is the dlc before nov 18 or later?

Everything will be worthless LOL! Would you rather have spent $20+ dollars on a huge share and have it stolen come Nov. 18 or a $2 one? Once someone breaks off and sells their slot on these big groups forming today, you lose all control. Trust me, people will sell down the road, and the host will just stop caring to "repair" things. I keep mentioning Battlefield 3 because it seems everyone bought a share. What's to stop a reseller from deactivating a slot? Those shares have plummeted because everyone has account access.
There's only 2 routes to this.

1) Everything will be fine - There will only few negligible cases where accounts are stolen and shares are deactivated.

2) Everything will go to hell - Everyone will be trying to steal accounts and no one would end up gamesharing.

Which is likely to happen? To be honest, the first. We can create counter measures to prevents the second scenario from happening.

Measures such as...
One of the 5 group members is entrusted with the TRUE password after everyone has downloaded the share. When selling the share, you must inform the judicator that they have sold the share and inform him of the new member. After the activation, the password is again changed.

Will it be a hassle? Yes. Will it solve the problem? Yes as well.

To be honest, we're too concerned on our current gameshares whereas we should be thinking of ways to protect future gameshares. That remote deactivation is a brick wall but it's a brick wall we can overcome with a bit of hard work.

1 is our only option and we have to make it work!

[quote name='jamehze']

God of War Collection Origins (I'll get this going once contej85 gets back to me)
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk
4. crzyboy88
5. wv mastui
[/QUOTE]

I might have a problem...

I have to dump Vegas 2 first to have space!

[quote name='jamehze']
Rochard
1. jamehze
2. wakyasuk
3. smarkbran
4. foladar
[/QUOTE]

I'd be game for Rochard, as well.

No, Uncharted 3 is too high-profile. It'll be a casualty of this change. Online passes are a whole different matter.

[quote name='bastiartadi']There's only 2 routes to this.

1) Everything will be fine - There will only be few and negligible cases where accounts are stolen and shares are deactivated. (

I think a team of "middlemen" would work, but that's only if you have someone with a dedicated team we can all trust. It's really idealistic though. For the most part, I think we just need to compile a list of hosts and just make sure they're all on the same page or try to consolidate a list to just a few who work as the middlemen confirming trades between two parties. It'll be slow, but would be the safest way. The process should be opt in and for people who choose to not opt in, they'll just leave it to chance.

[quote name='NSYNC']The second because it only takes one person and everything will be anonymous. We can't do 1 true password because alot of us are tight on HDD space. You'd constantly be getting PM'd by people who either do or don't currently own a slot. It's nearly impossible. I've been thinking alot much like yourself.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean a lot of us are tight on HDD space? Do you mean activations?

And 1 person doesn't necessarily need to know all the passwords of all the gameshares, just the password where you're apart of. The only problem I see this is if the judicator (yea, I've been playing ME2 lately) sells their own share. There will be no successor.

*God damn, my grammar is so messed up right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rpg']is the dlc before nov 18 or later?[/QUOTE]

Well, the season pass includes three character skin packs and the first four map packs that will be released later.
The character skins were already released, so I'm sure that they can be downloaded on up to 5 PS3s.

The first of the map packs will likely be released after November 18 though...

[quote name='jamehze']I think a team of "middlemen" would work, but that's only if you have someone with a dedicated team we can all trust. It's really idealistic though. For the most part, I think we just need to compile a list of hosts and just make sure they're all on the same page or try to consolidate a list to just a few who work as the middlemen confirming trades between two parties. It'll be slow, but would be the safest way. The process should be opt in and for people who choose to not opt in, they'll just leave it to chance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's going forward with groups formed today. All anyone has to do is PM a host containing the original e-mail on an old share and ask for the "true" password. It'll never work. Hosts would be changing "true" passwords daily and having to deal with unjust deactivations.

[quote name='bastiartadi']What do you mean a lot of us are tight on HDD space? Do you mean activations?[/QUOTE]

Just that. Alot of us are on old models. Considering this is "CAG", I doubt we've all upgraded our HDD. Remember the freakout over Black Ops?

[quote name='jamehze']PM WakYasuk. He wants Vegas 2[/QUOTE]

No longer interested :( I'm out of it I guess

I may have bought to many shares...

Should I do a fire sale or do you think the chances are low I will lose them all?

[quote name='bastiartadi']What do you mean a lot of us are tight on HDD space? Do you mean activations?[/QUOTE]

Just that. Alot of us are on old models. Considering this is "CAG", I doubt we've all upgraded our HDD. Remember the freakout over Black Ops?

" " Measures such as...One of the 5 group members is entrusted with the TRUE password

.................after everyone has downloaded the share. When selling the share, you must inform the judicator that they have sold the share and inform him or her of the new member. After the activation, the password is again, changed. " "

the idea of having the true host ONLY have access is a GREAT idea!

BUT.. there wouldn't be any point in trying to sell your share after the november date because i do believe once you have deactivated, you will NOT be able to activate again.
every account will fall to 2 activations only.
every gameshare must be permanent. no?

[quote name='NSYNC']Yeah, but that's going forward with groups formed today. All anyone has to do is PM a host containing the original e-mail on an old share and ask for the "true" password. It'll never work. Hosts would be changing "true" passwords daily and having to deal with unjust deactivations.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that the amount of scammers that we'll have here in CAG is so surmountable that it'll be difficult to monitor?

I'm basing what I'm suggested on the amount of lost passwords since the PSN outage. I've personally lost 2 accounts to it out of the countless that I have. Granted that it is different today as the scammer can actually get money off of this.

However, wouldn't the amount of scammers be manageable? I mean, if one person asks for the true password and deactivates the shares of others, we would immediately know who did it - the last person who asked for the pw.

What are the chances that one of the others deactivated everyone's share right after one of the members ask for the "true" password? Am I just too optimistic about this?

[quote name='iwarboY']" " Measures such as...One of the 5 group members is entrusted with the TRUE password

.................after everyone has downloaded the share. When selling the share, you must inform the judicator that they have sold the share and inform him or her of the new member. After the activation, the password is again, changed. " "

the idea of having the true host ONLY have access is a GREAT idea!

BUT.. there wouldn't be any point in trying to sell your share after the november date because i do believe once you have deactivated, you will NOT be able to activate again.
every account will fall to 2 activations only.
every gameshare must be permanent. no?[/QUOTE]

No, all content purchased before November 18 will still have 5 slots regardless if you deactivate and sell it. All content purchased after will have 2 activation slots.

What will happen (I'm guessing) is that we will have 2 types of deactivations available. One, for content purchased BEFORE Armageddon and two, content purchased AFTER. Get my drift?

""What will happen (I'm guessing) is that we will have 2 types of deactivations available. One, for content purchased BEFORE Armageddon and two, content purchased AFTER. Get my drift?""

you are guessing though. i do hope you're right obviously. guess we will know once someone deactivates their account in attempt to sell.

[quote name='WV Matsui']have to dump Vegas 2 first to have space![/QUOTE]
I had 20-25 activated accounts at one point on my ps3. You can't possibly be playing 16 games at the same time, can you?
just delete users without deactivating (a game you don't play so much lately but plan on keeping)!

Please reply to my PM.

[quote name='iwarboY']""What will happen (I'm guessing) is that we will have 2 types of deactivations available. One, for content purchased BEFORE Armageddon and two, content purchased AFTER. Get my drift?""

you are guessing though. i do hope you're right obviously. guess we will know once someone deactivates their account in attempt to sell.[/QUOTE]
That's not a guess, that's the same thing I concluded from reading.

[quote name='jamehze']I've added you smarkbran.

Limbo
1. jamehze
2. contej85
4. steamboatoperator

Prince of Persia Trilogy
1. jamehze
2. contej85

1. jamehze
2. contej85
4. crzyboy88

Sidescroller
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk
4. smarkbran

Splinter cell Trilogy
1. jamehze
2. contej85
4. Hammer_jay

Rochard
1. jamehze
3. smarkbran
4. Foladar[/QUOTE]

I am leaving all groups except sidescroller.
I realized I was being too "dramatic" about the change so yeah sorry lol.

My updated list for what I want:
Saints Row 2
RE 5 Gold Edition
Crysis 1 and 2
Far Cry 2
Dungeon Defenders

[quote name='NSYNC']

Just that. Alot of us are on old models. Considering this is "CAG", I doubt we've all upgraded our HDD. Remember the freakout over Black Ops?[/QUOTE]

I don;t see the connection between how having 1 true password will fail because of low HDD space. Can you explain it please? I might have missed an essential component here.

EDIT: Are people fine that we talk about this here or would you guys prefer we talk about it some place else? I've made a social group just in case its an issue.

Anyone who wants to contribute, you can join the group here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=492

[quote name='meeek']I had 20-25 activated accounts at one point on my ps3. You can't possibly be playing 16 games at the same time, can you?
just delete users without deactivating (a game you don't play so much lately but plan on keeping)!

Please reply to my PM.

That's not a guess, that's the same thing I concluded from reading.[/QUOTE]

Hdd space :(

[quote name='jamehze']I've added you smarkbran.
Prince of Persia Trilogy
1. jamehze
2. contej85
3. wakyasuk
4. momouchi
[/QUOTE]

I'm in for PoP.

[quote name='bastiartadi']So you're saying that the amount of scammers that we'll have here in CAG is so surmountable that it'll be difficult to monitor?[/QUOTE]

It's anonymous and potential free games are to be had. It's natural or human nature (?) for people you THINK are honest to start flipping. Help me explain this better someone. I may be wording this wrong, haha. Initially we'll get more scammers and more just waiting for the right time to strike. We're not going to be monitoring accounts 24/7, let's be real. People will slip in and out without notice. That's why I say you don't "own" anything anymore. The Original Host has all the power.

[quote name='bastiartadi']I don;t see the connection between how having 1 true password will fail because of low HDD space. Can you explain it please? I might have missed an essential component here.[/QUOTE]

You have to delete something for something at one point. To redownload, you're gonna need that "true" password.

WV Matsui
reply to my PM please (c'mon, be a man of word)

----------------------
Does it say anywhere pre-11-18 accounts can be deactivated? seen a few posts asking on PS blog

:hot: One last spot in House of the Dead: Overkill group (10€), PM me! :hot:

If a scammer changes the email address on the account, is the host able to change it back without knowing the new email address/password?

[quote name='meeek']PM WakYasuk. He wants Vegas 2

and reply to my PM while you're at it, thanks! (c'mon, be a man of word)[/QUOTE]

Lol, I wanted it but I found out there are no trophies in it ..
I thought that they would patch it with trophies for psn release but guess not.

Wouldn't the cost of plus negate the savings?[quote name='pixi']Well now that everyone's panicking - wanna split the cost of $82 worth of games + plus?
We'll all put in $20, giving us $100, buy plus for current deals, then get like Blops + Crysis or something. $20 for those titles + whatever's on plus isn't bad. But message me now cause I'm about to go out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']If a scammer changes the email address on the account, is the host able to change it back without knowing the new email address/password?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They get a notification e-mail. I've had this happen twice here.

If a scammer changes the email address on the account, is the host able to change it back without knowing the new email address/password?

You'll get an email notifying you that the email has changed which you can use to contact customer service, but it's not the best barrier.

[quote name='NSYNC']It's anonymous and potential free games are to be had. It's natural or human nature (?) for people you THINK are honest to start flipping. Help me explain this better someone. I may be wording this wrong, haha. Initially we'll get more scammers and more just waiting for the right time to strike. We're not going to be monitoring accounts 24/7, let's be real. People will slip in and out without notice. That's why I say you don't "own" anything anymore. The Original Host has all the power.

[/QUOTE]
There will be risk, no doubt about that. It's just I don't think all the gameshares will go to hell.

If we're really looking tat the worst case scenario, then there's really no way around this. Shares will be stolen and deactivated by a scammer.

[quote name='NSYNC']
You have to delete something for something at one point. To redownload, you're gonna need that "true" password.[/QUOTE]

OH. That makes a lot more sense now.

Does anyone know the password, or know who knows the password for the following account:

FarCry 2

Email: [email protected]

Purchased from: SL4V3DOG on September 16th.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8861538&postcount=13622

Edit: Pretty sure the host is harleymandvdson. Please contact me when you're available, harley.

Thanks for the new password, harley.
----

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Selling a few slots. Some available now, some available next week.

Available immediately:

- Tetris | $2 * Sold to DangKid
- LA Noire: Rockstar Pass | $2 + Sold to WakYasuk
- FarCry 2 | $5 + Reserved for WakYasuk
- AfterBurner Climax & Rocket Knight | $4 +

Available (hopefully) by next Sunday (Nov. 13th)

- Prince of Persia Trilogy | $6 + Reserved for bastiardi.
- Flower | $2 * Reserved for Domo325.
- Beyond Good and Evil | $2 + Reserved for momouchi.
- TMNT (no longer available in the store) | $2 + Reserved for Domo325.

Providing I have time, I should have a few more before the 18th.

* = I bought from the host and can provide the username.
+ = I bought from a user and can provide username; possible hosts.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NSYNC']Yeah. They get a notification e-mail. I've had this happen twice here.[/QUOTE]

But can you veto the change after you've received the email? Or do you have to contact customer service to do that?

Haven't bumped in like 30 pages. Come on people. Join this group lol.

Looking for Deathspank 2:Thongs of Virtue, Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC.

Going to cut down the Skate 3 DLC to just the skate parks since it doesn't look like it's going to fill up anytime soon. Just realized the Skate Share pack is the 10 dollar DLC that can only be bought from in the game. Anyone know if that's still shareable? If it is just add $2 to the total share.

Skate 3 DLC (Skate parks only) $5.40/share.
1. (Host) TheCro
2. Tsel

there's so much negative about the new TOS. though, there's something positive which understandingly isn't noted. the host being able to deactivate shares has a positive spin. for all of those cases of ylod, there is now a way to retrieve those once lost account shares :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back