CAG PSN Gamesharing #3 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I really enjoyed Saboteur, it had flaws but I didn't care, I got it for like $15 and platinum'd it, took forever.[/QUOTE]

I played it on 360 and 1000 GS'ed it; it was thoroughly enjoyable. I thought the game had a lot of smart design choices and clear definitions in how the gameplay structure functioned. Once you get the perk where enemies don't find it suspicious when you're planting explosives while in disguise, it is SO ON. I loved sneaking into Nazi facilities while disguised as a Nazi and just messing shit up.

My only real complaints are that there was a ton of screen tearing (got used to it) and that the stealth system was so tricky that you'd rarely have a chance of getting away once spotted, the yellow alert ring filled up so fast.

Still looking to buy or trade for any available shares of Super Street Fighter II HD Remix or Moon Diver if possible, as well as MvC3 DLC characters for US region game.

OK, so, i played Spec Ops for the first time, was fun but.. is this a 1 death gave over type game? i get to the chopper section, died, then.... had to start over? what's the situation? was i supposed to save the game?

[quote name='Havok83']Does anyone know if we can still sell our existing shares after the 18th? Will those be able to be activated on new PS3s?[/QUOTE]

See that has been my main question all along....

Are those new activations?

Would that revert everything to two shares?

I really don't think that was outlined anywhere...

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Tomorrow marks the five-year anniversary of the PS3's launch in the US and the people in charge at Sony are celebrating by purging the console of the no-good gamesharers who are taking all their monies. I feel like Hitler in the dying embers of WWII (forgive the horrible analogy - i've just played 10 straight hours of The Saboteur); my reign of terror had to come to an end someday, no? I've enjoyed the ride, peeps and while i think this community will adapt, things really won't be the same.

Here's my list of the top 3 games i wouldn't have played had i not been able to share them:

1. Back to the Future: The Game
2. Siren: Blood Curse
3. BloodRayne: Betrayal

Thanks for the memories and the savings, my fellow CAGs[/QUOTE]

Damnit! I knew there was a game I was always forgetting to gameshare eventually. BAH!

[quote name='Havok83']Does anyone know if we can still sell our existing shares after the 18th? Will those be able to be activated on new PS3s?[/QUOTE]

I say yes, $ony could decide to screw us another time, but I read they'd be exposing themselves to lawsuits, so dunno

guess it's all going to come down to how activations will work. If we are limited then it may all end, but I think by the way they referred to it, that we won't have a problem with activations. 5 activations for any old accounts(pre 18th purchases) and 2 activations on anything post 18th.

[quote name='iwarboY']OK, so, i played Spec Ops for the first time, was fun but.. is this a 1 death gave over type game? i get to the chopper section, died, then.... had to start over? what's the situation? was i supposed to save the game?[/QUOTE]

No, u weren't supposed to save the game. It's just a basic survival/horde mode, u have to survive as many waves as possible. I love spec ops, it's the only thing I play on mw3. For the choppers, u have to hide out under any cover u can find. They make a noise when their guns r spinning up so u can know when it is safe to shoot at them and when to hide.

Red Faction: Guerilla ($20, $4 a share)
1. jamehze (host)
2. cobolatrix
3. Fred87nc
4. Fred87nc

The account is set. we just need one fifth element!

____

For sale:
Battlefield 1943 + Bad Company 2 Onslaught mode $2
Dead Nation + Superstardust HD (the last is a WB game) $2
Or get both for $3

Thanks.

May as well give posting this another shot :). These are actually surprisingly small downloads too compared to how big I thought they'd be, so won't soak up much hard drive space.

Just 1 slot remaining that I'd like to find someone for ASAP.

The games purchased are:

-Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
-Raiden III
-Grim Grimoire
-God Hand
-Ring of Red
-X-Men (Arcade Game)
-Odin Sphere
Total of $14 per person

Account is ready, and the info can be sent to anyone interested pretty much as soon as the paypal is in my account.

Members Are:
1. Bamm (Buyer)
2. Derfel
3. Sunghost
4. Fydo

[quote name='wilflare']i know such questions are meant for here.
but does anyone has PSN cards for sale?
please drop a PM or something :D[/QUOTE]

Try maximus cards or ebay

It's looking like the store and stuff are down a bit earlier than expected. I went in to add a new share to my list, but it states the service is undergoing maintenance. Seems weird, considering the blog said it would start at 8AM PST, and right now it would be about 6:30 there.

PS Store down, Qriocity down, network dunno but soon will be, it was a nice run guys... & gals!

see you on the other side! I'll be around with my shares to swap (until $ony's newest crap)

Everyone in my failed groups, I'll refund you all shortly, sorry guys.

Thanks for all the last minute shares guys. Got a few retail games and Mushroom Wars last min. I will game share in the future but got a bit of a backlog now so want to catch up.

I can't sign in either! Dammit!

-------------

Successfully completed my share sale with Craig64. He paid 1/4 last night and I gave him the share and paid the rest today!

Great CAG!

I didn't KNOW there were psn games before gamesharing, came just for a dlc I didn't want to pay for (AC2's)
hahaha

some I got I will play for a looong time!

[quote name='WV Matsui']You guys are awesome and this really has been a blast and a horrible addiction! Haha[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth. It's been a good run guys.

Now, I have been talking to meeek, but correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it say anything bought before 11/18/11 would be able to be shared with 5 consoles? Now I know maintenance is going on till 10pm pst, but doesn't that also mean that it will still be 11/17/11 and you'd be able to buy stuff and share it with 5 consoles?

No, there was an update on the blog that said the update will take effect once maintenance has completed. This maintenance is most likely to account for all these changes.

Just thought I'd post again (one last time before the 18th). Here are the games and respective DLC that I would like:

Dark Void -- Survivor Missions
Dead to Rights: Retribution -- GAC Pack
Killzone 3-- From the Ashes Map Pack
Killzone 3 -- Steel Rain Map Pack
LittleBigPlanet 2 -- Move Pack
Prince of Persia -- Epilogue
Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen -- Maps and Characters Pack
Bioshock -- Challenge Rooms
Dante's Inferno Dark Forest
Dante's Inferno Trials of St. Lucia

I'm particularly interested in the Transformers' DLC. So, if anyone has that I would be very grateful. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='John.Q.Dough']Just thought I'd post again one last time before the 18th. Here are the games and respective DLC that I would like:

Dark Void -- Survivor Missions
Dead to Rights: Retribution -- GAC Pack
Killzone 3-- From the Ashes Map Pack
Killzone 3 -- Steel Rain Map Pack
LittleBigPlanet 2 -- Move Pack
Prince of Persia -- Epilogue
Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen -- Maps and Characters Pack
Bioshock -- Challenge Rooms
Dante's Inferno Dark Forest
Dante's Inferno Trials of St. Lucia

I'm particularly interested in the Transformers' DLC. So, if anyone has that I would be very grateful. Cheers![/QUOTE]

Dude it's over pay attention haha

[quote name='WV Matsui']Dude it's over pay attention haha[/QUOTE]

I thought games purchased before the 18th would still be able to be shared among 5 accounts. Is that not how it's gonna work? I wasn't looking to start a new host.

True, but most of your DLC are not popular groups here. Not sure if you're going to find slots. If you were interested in getting them cheap you should have bought them earlier and sold off slots. You might have to get them a full price now especially the Dark Void, Dead to Rights, LBP2 Move, Transformers, and Bioshock dLc. I'm pretty sure the Killzone 3 maps came out for free for the Subway promotion or PS+ so it might be hard to get those as well.

NSYNC has Dante's Inferno DLC and I remember some PoP epilogue DLC floating around, but that was ages ago.

I was picking

And...

New shares (1/5) are dead as if this morning. Sony pulled the carpet out from under us and did the update today instead tomorrow like they said!

If someone sales a gameshare and someone deactivates it and someone else reactivates it. You think that would work normally or it would screw it up?

It said all purchases not existing shares. They pulled it a day early.

[quote name='jamehze']True, but most of your DLC are not popular groups here. Not sure if you're going to find slots. If you were interested in getting them cheap you should have bought them earlier and sold off slots. You might have to get them a full price now especially the Dark Void, Dead to Rights, LBP2 Move, Transformers, and Bioshock dLc. I'm pretty sure the Killzone 3 maps came out for free for the Subway promotion or PS+ so it might be hard to get those as well.

NSYNC has Dante's Inferno DLC and I remember some PoP epilogue DLC floating around, but that was ages ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been in contact with NSYNC and I plan making a deal with for the DLC you mentioned. But since I haven't finalized anything, I still posted the ones I need. I realize it's a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I can to a certain degree justify paying half or, dare I say, even full price for all the DLC mentioned except Tranformers. $10 for that piece of tripe! My frugality and 100% obsession have been battling over this one for ages. :'(

[quote name='WV Matsui']I can't sign in either! Dammit!

-------------

Successfully completed my share sale with Craig64. He paid 1/4 last night and I gave him the share and paid the rest today!

Great CAG![/QUOTE]

I dealt with him recently too and can vouch for him. He joined the social group and paid up well before anyone else joined

[quote name='shadowkast']I dealt with him recently too and can vouch for him. He joined the social group and paid up well before anyone else joined[/QUOTE]

Same here, he joined 2 groups I hosted recently. In fact everyone in both groups payed fast and Tac942 even provided the 1month code so we could get Red Dead Bundle cheap. Pretty much everyone in the Red Dead group must have been new to gamesharing as not seen them here much.

Shame they all came so late.

Looking for a long time gamesharer/host interested in forming a 1/2 LTS for new releases moving forward!

PM me if you are interested!

i did want to say a few days ago, was nice to see all the hosts get rewarded with $5.99 per account. i was reminded of this because i finally recieved my 3rd code. yeah, i only recently began hosting. but really nice for them.

[quote name='meeek']PS Store down, Qriocity down, network dunno but soon will be, it was a nice run guys... & gals!

see you on the other side! I'll be around with my shares to swap (until $ony's newest crap)

Everyone in my failed groups, I'll refund you all shortly, sorry guys.[/QUOTE]

:( So, we did not get the RDR + Nightmare? :(

I'm still logged-in to PSN getting RE5 trophies online. They're synching and everything.

John.Q.Dough why didn't you jump on that Dead to Rights and Dante's Inferno DLC, haha? I was only asking for $2 and you would've had access to my main account. Now it's not gonna happen because I redeemed a ton of $5.99 codes.

It's been swell everyone! I'll still be around though. I'm open to 1/2 price and rental systems. I'm not giving up hope until Sony completely kills off Gamesharing in the next update. ;)

[quote name='hanun1002']:( So, we did not get the RDR + Nightmare? :([/QUOTE]
No we did not, he was waiting on someone to get a $2.99 code and waited too long and then they started the update an hour and a half early.

[quote name='John.Q.Dough']Yeah, I've been in contact with NSYNC and I plan making a deal with for the DLC you mentioned. But since I haven't finalized anything, I still posted the ones I need. I realize it's a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I can to a certain degree justify paying half or, dare I say, even full price for all the DLC mentioned except Tranformers. $10 for that piece of tripe! My frugality and 100% obsession have been battling over this one for ages. :'([/QUOTE]

Just wanted to help telling you what groups to expect and what not to expect from memory. Hopefully they pop up, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back