CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

For some reason, I can not access to the previous GS thread where I was introduced to the community, so my story was lost :(, anyway, the real bad thing is that my signature used to have a mini explanation of how to generate an automated gameshare feedback for a quick inspection, that link was dead until I now, because I updated the explanation this time in pastebin so I hope it will be always available for anyone who need it.

I also put it here for those lazy ppl who don't want to go to pastebin:

You can see it working with this randomly generated nick: [member='QDizzle']

Try me

Not trying to replace the GS feedback spreadsheet, but it is an alternative for quick reference :)
No idea how it works but that's really cool = )

Hmm so FF14 is more like the tales games.. hmm might have to buy one and test the waters out

I dunno.. I played dead island and it just seemed so bland! Go here do this, go back.

Side note, but I'm looking for phantoms of either Samurai Warriors 4 or Destiny (both PS3).. anyone have either?
no you misunderstood. ff14 is not like any tales game or any final fantasy game really outside of fetch quests. those games are straight up jrpgs, final fantasy 14 is an mmo.

just play the 14 day free trial and see if you like it. it takes at least 3-4 hours to get into, don't judge it by the first hour. that trial has most of the stuff the full game does i'm pretty sure, at least for early game stuff. it's overwhelming but once you learn the controls its not so bad

also, anyone gonna have a saints row 4 ps4 timeshare?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for timeshare/resell GTA5 for ps4.

Also, anybody doing Evolve?

Destiny + season pass ps4 now in the library. Thanks to Tokyo for sharing!

Activity on the library is dying significantly btw. I don't know how to increase it short of taking paypal donations and buying games with them, and nobody is giving other suggestions. Help a brotha out, I can only do so much to improve it on my own. I'm guessing most ppl played what they want to at this point and haven't gone back... It won't ever grow again if that's the average mentality... And with a one donation to get in policy there's no incentive to donate more. That's prob the biggest issue we have to remedy.

Maybe it's just that everyone is already in these 50+ gameshare groups and doesn't need the library for ps4 games? Idk. If you're a member, let me know why you stopped going if you did, or list things I can do to improve traffic/donations/game library

I'm considering opining up a new sub forum for people that donate a min of 10 dollars paypal towards a new ps4 game. When 6 ppl donate, the game is purchased and the phantom is raffled off to one of the 6 ppl who donated. Library keeps the resell and the other 5 donators get first dibs in a random order. 1.5 weeks max on these donated games unless No queue. That means 1 in 6 chance to get a phantom $15 off day one, and a 1 in 5 chance to be able to rent it day one for at least 1.5 weeks, and you're helping the library out. Lmk what you guys think
I really like the sub/raffle idea! I say go for it.

Selling a devil may cry hd resell, shoot me a pm if you want it.

Looking for a second son and destiny ps4 share, still never recovered them after having the physical disks stolen from me :/

Also have a resident evil HD ps4 resell from a game to group that I'm not sure if I can have time to play, PM if interested.

Selling a devil may cry hd resell, shoot me a pm if you want it.

Looking for a second son and destiny ps4 share, still never recovered them after having the physical disks stolen from me :/

Also have a resident evil HD ps4 resell from a game to group that I'm not sure if I can have time to play, PM if interested.
You can get destiny from the library. No one has it in queue

LF: COD Advanced Warfare ps4 resellable with season pass. Also looking for ps4 spot of Resident Evil Remake, don't care what kind. PM me if you're selling either, thanks.

I'm grabbing "Saints Row Re-Elected & Gat Out of Hell First Edition" for PS4 (U.S.).  Who wants a phantom for $20?

Not sure how this can be utilized, but I thought I'd share my findings here as it could have some future effect on phantoms.

I finally got around to upgrading my hard drive to a 2TB 2.5" Seagate drive.  During the upgrade process, I wanted to run a few experiments that I outlined in my post here:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/339396-lets-talk-about-the-uncomfortable-size-issue/

Well, the first thing I did was to back up all my save data to a USB stick.  I then attempted to clone my original PS4 HDD by using one of those dual USB docks that had the built-in standalone cloning function (no PC necessary).  Well, after about and hour or two of cloning, the process finally completed.  I installed the clone 2TB drive into my PS4 and it was like the PS4 couldn't even tell it was a clone.  It booted up normally and showed that I had under 1GB of space available just like my original HDD.  Unfortunately and expectedly, the 2TB only showed up as 500GB total, but that's what you get with a clone.

To put this clone drive to the test, I ran a phantom that I purchased here on CAG (Shadow of Mordor) to see if it would run.  IT DID!  Just to verify that I didn't mess something up, I shutdown my PS4 and re-installed my orignal PS4.  No issues and the phantom ran fine again.  So, I now have two working copies of Shadow of Mordor, one on the original PS4 HDD and one on the duplicate drive.

So, what does this all mean?  Not sure yet.  Next, I'm going to re-initialize the 2TB drive and start off fresh.  Depending on what happens during the de-activiation/activation process, I wonder if afterwards I plug my original 500GB drive back into the PS4 if I'll still be able to play games (including the phantom) from it?  I'm also going to try to connect the original drive via USB (with then 2TB as the main drive) to see if the PS4 recognizes its own file system.

A further experiment (which I'll have to wait until the end of the week when my SATA-to-eSATA cable comes in) is to see if my dual eSATA dock can be used to trick the PS4 into seeing two drives as one.  The dock has built-in RAID0, RAID1, and Spanning.  I think Spanning might work, but we'll see.

The licenses are stored on the console, not the HDD. If you put any other HDD into the console and then switch back, you will need to sign in at least once to play games. Obviously, this means you will lose your phantoms.

If you initialize your PS4, all users will be deleted, so you will lose your phantoms (and quite possibly resells) doing this as well.

Getting a game onto an HDD isn't the problem. You could borrow someone else's account or try using a proxy together with a PKG downloaded on your PC. Either way, you need a license to actually play the game.

LAST COUPLE HOURS TO JUMP ON THIS FELLAS

Uncharted 1&2&3 and EITHER CHRONO CROSS OR CHRONO TRIGGER
R$20
1 QDizz
P$6.66
1 Mr anderson

Timeshares PS4

Fifa 15

NFS Rivals

Guilty Gear xrd sign

Warriors Orichi Ultimate 3
Dragon Age Inquisition
GTA V
Little Big planet 3
The Crew
Battlefield + Premium
Last of Us
Farcry4
Tales from the borderlands ep 1
Game of thrones ep 1
Lord Of Fallen
Driveclub
Sleeping Dogs Def Edition
NBA2K15
COD Advanced Warfare.
The Evil Within

PVZ Garden Warfare
Shadow Of Mordor

Walking Dead season 2
Walking Dead season 1
Metal Gear Ground Zeros
Styx Master Of Shadows
The Wolf among Us
WWE 2K15
Transformers Rise Of the Dark Spark

Phantom PS4

Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark

Phantom PS3

Guilty Gear xrd sign ps3

Selling phantoms (non-sell) - best offers via pm.

*Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry Standalone (PS3 sellable)

*Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)

*Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Season Pass (PS3)

*Batman: Arkham City

*Borderlands 2 + Season Pass + Premiere Club (EU)

*DeathSpank, DeathSpank: Thongs Of Virtue, Risk Factions

*Flower + Soundtrack & Dynamic Theme

*Frogger Returns (EU & JP)

*Last Of Us Season Pass
*Resident Evil 4

*Infamous 2 + Weapons Pack / Battlefield 1943 + Limited Bundle Theme / Back To The Future (All EP) / Battle: Los Angeles / Spare Parts

*L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition / Battlefield 1943 + Limited Bundle Theme / Tales of Monkey Island Bundle / After Burner Climax / Blue / Toad Murder Files (ALL EP) / Bomberman Ultra / Faery: Legends of Avalon / Frogger Returns / Gunstar Heroes / Hasbro Family Game Night / Hyperballoid HD / X-Men Arcade

*Acceleration of Suguri X Edition / Akimi Village / Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Uplay Passport / Battlefield 1943 + Limited Bundle Theme / Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge / The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition / Uncharted 3 Custom MP Weapon + Dynamic Theme

Destiny + season pass ps4 now in the library. Thanks to Tokyo for sharing!

Activity on the library is dying significantly btw. I don't know how to increase it short of taking paypal donations and buying games with them, and nobody is giving other suggestions. Help a brotha out, I can only do so much to improve it on my own. I'm guessing most ppl played what they want to at this point and haven't gone back... It won't ever grow again if that's the average mentality... And with a one donation to get in policy there's no incentive to donate more. That's prob the biggest issue we have to remedy.

Maybe it's just that everyone is already in these 50+ gameshare groups and doesn't need the library for ps4 games? Idk. If you're a member, let me know why you stopped going if you did, or list things I can do to improve traffic/donations/game library

I'm considering opining up a new sub forum for people that donate a min of 10 dollars paypal towards a new ps4 game. When 6 ppl donate, the game is purchased and the phantom is raffled off to one of the 6 ppl who donated. Library keeps the resell and the other 5 donators get first dibs in a random order. 1.5 weeks max on these donated games unless No queue. That means 1 in 6 chance to get a phantom $15 off day one, and a 1 in 5 chance to be able to rent it day one for at least 1.5 weeks, and you're helping the library out. Lmk what you guys think

Are you still paying to keep the site open? If so why not make a private sub-reddit on reddit (it's free)? I'm not sure how many people here use reddit but if they're like me and use it everyday, more library members would probably look at what shares are being offered and hopefully will start using it more and donating. Just the rambling thoughts of a guy waking up in the morning.

For Sale:

Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 1, Zer0 Sum (PS3 timeshare) - $0.50

Batman: Arkham Origins - Cold, Cold Heart DLC (PS3 timeshare) - $0.50

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational + Joe Danger 2 (phantom) - $1

Resident Evil 6 Siege DLC (3 phantoms) - $0.83 each

The Last of Us Online Pass (3 phantoms, NOT to be confused w/ the Season Pass) - $0.30 each

WWE 2K14 (phantom) - $1.96

Intrigued by the Citizens of Earth game.

At first I figured it to be some kind of iOS/Android type free-to-play game.

But, actually it's sort of an Earthbound SNES RPG type game (and it's by Atlus!).

Doesn't look as good, but worth a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPqwBIV0jO8

Might pick it up.

Selling:

Resident Evil remake PS3 (7560mb)

• $3.33 Resell
  • or
  • $1.67 Phantom

The licenses are stored on the console, not the HDD. If you put any other HDD into the console and then switch back, you will need to sign in at least once to play games. Obviously, this means you will lose your phantoms.

If you initialize your PS4, all users will be deleted, so you will lose your phantoms (and quite possibly resells) doing this as well.

Getting a game onto an HDD isn't the problem. You could borrow someone else's account or try using a proxy together with a PKG downloaded on your PC. Either way, you need a license to actually play the game.
Unfortunately, Raiborg is correct. :( I lost access to my phantom (files were still there) after I initialized and activated my main account against the new drive.

I then took the new drive out and put the old drive in to see if the phantom would still work, but it did not. :( I wonder if I could have saved it by doing all of the deactivation offline (unplugged the PS4 from the internet)? But I suspect it was probably when I activated my new drive against main PSN account that screwed it up.

The statement in your first paragraph may not be entirely correct as I was able to swap the cloned drives back and forth and still play the phantom. It's when I decided to initialize and/or de-activeated and re-activated the PS4 against my main account that I think did me in.

How would one risk losing resell accounts by upgrading a HDD? With all of the login info, couldn't one just re-download the game if necessary? How would the license be lost on a resell?

There could still be hope, however. I wonder if the following method of expanding a PS3 hard drive using Linux could also work on a cloned PS4 drive?

http://ubuntuforums....d.php?t=1598890

Does anyone have any experience with Linux? If so, do you think you could perform what's in the first post of the thread above? Thanks!

Still got er? ;)

Also, the reason Dying Light looks like Dead Island is because it's made by the same dev (Techland), soooo yeah. From what I've seen it looks like it is less RPG oriented than Dead Island,which was what I think was one of the main issues with that game, but we'll see.
If Techland is making the game I would expect a lot of bugs and glitches in game. Dead Island was fun but had bunch of issues playing co-op with my friends and was barely able to finish the first game. Dead Island 2 was basically 1 but in the swamp and same issues.

You didn't have a problem switching back and forth as the console saw the HDDs as being the same. That's what I'm going with at least.

Initializing deletes all data on the PS4, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that it deletes license data as well. I haven't done it myself, which is why I said 'quite possibly'. Is your resell slot still intact?

What are you trying to do with cloning?

I haven't been here in awhile.

I'm not really impressed with the first half of the year line-up on any console and only next week's Grim Fandango has me excited. Once I've finished it, I'm selling my PS4 and games to help pay for a trip in March to Las Vegas. I need a vacation. I'll buy a new PS4 after the summer. I'm starting to agree that the 8th generation is a gussied up version of the 7th generation and there are way too many remakes still being ported over in 2015. Does anyone agree with me?

Getting away from video games and video game websites actually has benefitted me in regards to lifestyle, though.

I haven't been here in awhile.

I'm not really impressed with the first half of the year line-up on any console and only next week's Grim Fandango has me excited. Once I've finished it, I'm selling my PS4 and games to help pay for a trip in March to Las Vegas. I need a vacation. I'll buy a new PS4 after the summer. I'm starting to agree that the 8th generation is a gussied up version of the 7th generation and there are way too many remakes still being ported over in 2015. Does anyone agree with me?

Getting away from video games and video game websites actually has benefitted me in regards to lifestyle, though.
D3 is porting over Earth Defense Force 2025 so I agree there is a lot of ports on PS4 and indie game but I'll quote the late Snakey "It's in 60 FPS bitches!!!"

You didn't have a problem switching back and forth as the console saw the HDDs as being the same. That's what I'm going with at least.

Initializing deletes all data on the PS4, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that it deletes license data as well. I haven't done it myself, which is why I said 'quite possibly'. Is your resell slot still intact?

What are you trying to do with cloning?
I haven't checked the resells yet, but there was one resell account (GTA V) that popped up along with the phantom account that the PS4 was telling me it couldn't deactivate when trying to initialize. I'll have to try to add that user account onto the new HDD and then try to download it to see if it works.

The cloning piqued my interest as I remember reading about it with the PS3 before it got its official backup tool from Sony. My theory is that the file format hasn't changed from PS3 to PS4 and if that's the case, the cloned drive should be able to be expanded from its cloned size (500 GB in this case ) to its full potential size (2TB) while still appearing to the PS4 as being the original drive with the phantoms intact.

My other idea is to use Spanning on the dual eSATA dock that I have to see if I can add more hard drive space that way while still preserving the integrity of the phantoms on the original drive. I can't test that until the eSATA-to-SATA cable comes in later this week. Any thoughts on whether or not all this might work?

Unfortunately, Raiborg is correct. :( I lost access to my phantom (files were still there) after I initialized and activated my main account against the new drive.

I then took the new drive out and put the old drive in to see if the phantom would still work, but it did not. :( I wonder if I could have saved it by doing all of the deactivation offline (unplugged the PS4 from the internet)? But I suspect it was probably when I activated my new drive against main PSN account that screwed it up.

The statement in your first paragraph may not be entirely correct as I was able to swap the cloned drives back and forth and still play the phantom. It's when I decided to initialize and/or de-activeated and re-activated the PS4 against my main account that I think did me in.

How would one risk losing resell accounts by upgrading a HDD? With all of the login info, couldn't one just re-download the game if necessary? How would the license be lost on a resell?

There could still be hope, however. I wonder if the following method of expanding a PS3 hard drive using Linux could also work on a cloned PS4 drive?

http://ubuntuforums....d.php?t=1598890

Does anyone have any experience with Linux? If so, do you think you could perform what's in the first post of the thread above? Thanks!
He breathes air too :)

Haha, remind me not to run for politician on this forum. :)  I just check my resells on my original drive.  They only work if I play them when I'm logged into the resell account, not from my main.  Is there a way to link them back to my main or would I have to re-download them?

More curious than anything as I was planning on having to redownload all my games (except for the phantoms) with my new drive installed.

Oh, I see. I have no idea if it'll work.

Edit: Have you lost your phantoms?
Yes, the phantoms are gone...like the phantoms they were destined to be.

But I knew that was going to happen, so I'm not bummed over it...just thought there might be a way to rescue them from phantom Hell.

Haha, remind me not to run for politician on this forum. :) I just check my resells on my original drive. They only work if I play them when I'm logged into the resell account, not from my main. Is there a way to link them back to my main or would I have to re-download them?
You have to activate your console as the primary for those accounts in order to play on your main. If you cannot activate ("A console is already active"), then you have a problem.

You have to activate your console as the primary for those accounts in order to play on your main. If you cannot activate ("A console is already active"), then you have a problem.
OK, yeah, I'll try that on a resell account to see if that works. Thanks!

I'm not really impressed with the first half of the year line-up on any console and only next week's Grim Fandango has me excited.
I have to ask...for people with this complaint, what early 7th gen titles did you think were good enough to make it stand out versus 6th gen? It seems like this argument gets brought up with every generation. I jumped into 6th generation pretty late, but I still paid attention and don't remember the PS3 having a ton of really great early releases either. It also didn't have near the number of smaller (indie) releases to help with the diversity.

I have to ask...for people with this complaint, what early 7th gen titles did you think were good enough to make it stand out versus 6th gen? It seems like this argument gets brought up with every generation. I jumped into 6th generation pretty late, but I still paid attention and don't remember the PS3 having a ton of really great early releases either. It also didn't have near the number of smaller (indie) releases to help with the diversity.
There wasn't much. Xbox 360 had Gears Of War, the Wii U had Super Paper Mario and the PS3 had Uncharted. The thing is that most of their remakes/remasters came later in their releases, such as the Ratchet & Clank Collection on PS3. In the 8th generation, I'm seeing way too many of these games and it's now the 3rd calendar year of the PS4/Xbox One. We've got Saints Row IV today, DmC later and probably a few others later in 2015.

I do like the Indy games and I've bought a whole bunch (or got them for free via PS+) but there's just too many sub-standard ones and you can get them for cheaper if you have a decent PC. Then again, one of the reasons I avoid most gaming websites is due to them COMPLAINING about too many Indy titles.

Just nothing mind-blowing nowadays. Things will perk up after E3. I can live without a PS4 until September or October. When games like Grand Theft Auto V, Far Cry IV, Shadow Of Mordor and Alien: Isolation don't get me excited and are sitting on my table unplayed for long periods of time then it's time to exit for a bit.

There wasn't much. Xbox 360 had Gears Of War, the Wii U had Super Paper Mario and the PS3 had Uncharted. The thing is that most of their remakes/remasters came later in their releases, such as the Ratchet & Clank Collection on PS3. In the 8th generation, I'm seeing way too many of these games and it's now the 3rd calendar year of the PS4/Xbox One. We've got Saints Row IV today, DmC later and probably a few others later in 2015.

I do like the Indy games and I've bought a whole bunch (or got them for free via PS+) but there's just too many sub-standard ones and you can get them for cheaper if you have a decent PC. Then again, one of the reasons I avoid most gaming websites is due to them COMPLAINING about too many Indy titles.

Just nothing mind-blowing nowadays. Things will perk up after E3. I can live without a PS4 until September or October. When games like Grand Theft Auto V, Far Cry IV, Shadow Of Mordor and Alien: Isolation don't get me excited and are sitting on my table unplayed for long periods of time then it's time to exit for a bit.
WELCOME BACK BRO U HAVE BEEN AWOL FOR SOME TIME.

Witcher 3 (PS4) - Would like to get this finalized and paid soon so as to get the discount (Trusted members only, no exceptions)

Resell  - $28.35

1.intuition (host)

Phantom - $20.25

Prices adjusted based on discount including 10% coupon ($48.60)

Anyone want to do Need for Speed rivals on PS4?  I wouldnt mind taking a phantom if someone wants the resell.  It is pretty cheap at $12 for the game.

Witcher 3 (PS4) - Would like to get this finalized and paid soon so as to get the discount (Trusted members only, no exceptions)
The game doesn't release until May 19 and the pre-order discount is good until launch. If you're referring to the 10% off codes Sony will be making valid for the weekend, they likely won't work on pre-orders (promo codes can only be entered for items in a cart and pre-orders are not added to the cart). If you didn't know Witcher 3 was delayed again :shame:

I will be having a PS4 phantom of my main and a friends main for sale:
Phantom 1 - $60 $55
Evolve
The order 1886
The last of us remastered
Destiny season pass

Phantom 2 - $55 $50
Bloodborne
Borderlands: the handsome collection
6 months of PS+

I'll only be taking offers from vets.