CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Of course, the main issue with the library exists that it simply cannot cover a large amount of users wanting to play a single game. If anyone would like to start a PM chain with our best minds to put any ideas on the table, that'd be cool.

I see what you mean Stryder. New users are gonna have a helluva time getting in now.

Have you guys decided what you're going to do when Sony shuts down gamesharing? I knew it would be coming eventually, but I just checked ebay, and there is no way this will be allowed to continue. They aren't even subtle about it anymore, and the number of people doing it has greatly increased. Go check on Ebay for 'Lords of the Fallen digital' and then check out the ratio of PS4 to Xbox One listings.

Since there are that many listings, it would seem that it is not against Ebay's ToS, so you could try offloading phantoms there. What I'm wondering about, is how do they make money? It seems that they sell phantoms for $30. Are they just cutting up the accounts into as many parts as possible (phantom, resell, locked) and selling each for as much as they can? Are they requesting second deactivations as well?
Bravo. :applause: Now tell me, will my Rams make the playoffs this year?

Y'know, there's a chance that random Spanish customer service man doesn't know what he's talking about.
Agreed.

2839206-keep_hope_alive_.jpg

Well he mentioned the illegal account resellers, or maybe you are right, not the first time that they guy on consumer services doesn't know what the upper ranks are doing, only time and many angry guys on ebay will tell us

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'know, there's a chance that random Spanish customer service man doesn't know what he's talking about.
Yeah, came back to the thread to say I'm probably overreacting, much like the Gravity Rush 2 Vita/PS4 debate with Sony's Twitter this might not mean anything. A Spanish translation doesn't help either. I'll lay off the December 21st, 2012 posts for now. What scares me really is the eBay digital accounts being sold and how overt they are.

Good luck and good night to the rest of you guys, and hope for the best :)

Well, I am just lucky that none of my current phantomed games require online play.

Sure CoD, but zombies can be played off-line. I think my goal is to play Bloodborne and Sleeping Dogs until I am done with them before going back on-line.

some what of a rough translation I did of this for those interested

Rafael:Hello My name is Rafael how may i assist you today?

You:Hi Rafael

You:Do you speak in spanish?

Rafael:Yes

You:Can we speak in spanish?

Rafael:Sure, how can i help you?

You:How are you? look, I have a question, some games on my account appear locked, they are digital games, do you know what is happening.

Rafael:Great thanks for asking, to help you farther, and solve the problem and revise your account, please give me you Online ID or Sign in ID of your account

You:Ah, I forgot to mention that this happened after firmware 2.50 update was installed

You:What I would really want to know is why it did that

You:Basically

Rafael:By chance the accounts that were used that have games from digital sales from the internet? (my guess is the mass ebay sells)

You:Two of the accounts that are locked are games that are digital games that I bought over the internet.

Rafael:I understand, what I know is that those types of sale are illegal and the last update has patched some of the ways to sell these games. if you can't regain access of your accounts, its not possible to regain your games.

You:Ah perfect... but what is rare that there are people that don't have this issue and some that do

You:It's why I don't understand

You:Can you explain?

Rafael:Like I've said, the major forms of buying these games have patched for everyone, for now some people have access but soon they'll lose access.

You:perfect, thanks very much

Last lines seems like the general is there anything I can assist you with they usually do.
Looks like if you still have your phantom available, you'll lose it eventually. Best bet is if you still have your phantom is to remove internet access from your PS4 till you finish with your game. Although it seems they've added some gamesharing countermeasures to 2.50 so they might have something even if you are offline. Then again this could just be a support rep talking out his ass.

I mean resells won't really be worth it anymore will they?

$60 on a spare account that you can toss around?
What is the benefit of buying something on your main? I never even buy private stuff on my main just in case I want to lend someone a game I buy. Only thing I buy on main is PS+ and Vita games.

Well. This is going to be an interesting week. I've got no Phantoms I'd be too bummed about losing, it would still suck though.

Im more bummed that this is really going to limit the availability of rentals, which I've grown to love.

My phantom is still working as of tonight. But that definitely sucks.

I'll keep the prices on my existing timeshares the same. If it's true phantoms are dead/dying then I can see prices on future timeshares and resells increasing due to increased cost ($60) and risk. And even then.. still UNDER $5 a week. Unless locked spots are still in play, but I still don't want to deal with them for the most part. :/

I could see the split going more towards the Resell as a solution as well. I don't think many folks are going to fork over $25 for a game they need to keep their console disconnected to play. If the split went to like 45/15 I could still see some people biting on that for shorter single player games or something. I dunno. Still too much speculation. I won't believe anything I see posted about this stuff until Sony officially announces something or until everyone here reports loss. Too many people still have active Phantoms even just in this group of sharers.

some what of a rough translation I did of this for those interested

Looks like if you still have your phantom available, you'll lose it eventually. Best bet is if you still have your phantom is to remove internet access from your PS4 till you finish with your game. Although it seems they've added some gamesharing countermeasures to 2.50 so they might have something even if you are offline. Then again this could just be a support rep talking out his ass.
Thanks for translating this!

^^^ It was you get a unique feeling watching a Lesnar match that pain is actually here.

Do  you guys think people who JUST bought a phantom should be entitled to a partial refund on new/expensive games.

I can't game until the weekend so I doubt Ill have any play time of my two new phantoms at all.

Also I blame all the ***** on ebay selling accounts like a business.

Just popped in and it's terrible to hear about Phantoms. I'm guessing the main way forward is going to be the Library? #RIPGameSharing

For Sale

Battlefield 4 full game & Premium (PS3/Phantom) - $5 

Don Bradman Cricket 14 (PS3) - $7 Resell / $3.50 Phantom

For Rent

The Order: 1886 - $1.00 for 3 days. $1.50 Per week

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $1 Per week

I saw this was happening even before the PS4 launch when a guy started selling gameshares on eBay. Searched "Bloodborne account" the other day, first listing was 80+ sold. Sony knows it! It's just a matter of time to fix it once and for all. Anyway, I hope eBay sellers are not Cags.

Try using PlayStation live chat for any problems you have, and you will see a big notice about gamesharing/account deactivation on EVERY chat window. Sony knows..

I talked about this with Raiborg about couple of months ago, because I had a bad feeling that gamesharing is going to be over soon. 

This guy got 246 ebay ratings and all are from this month:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=alvarogsr

So from this however it seems not many lost their phantom yet, or maybe they left the feedback too fast and cant change it anymore...

Only one has complained so far:

Got the game but for some reason it has been Locked so in not happy! s***t ( 2 ) During past month

Reply by alvarogsr (Mar-30-15 04:13): The game was blocked because you have not read the instructions.

This guy will get 100s of complaints surely shortly if all 246 lose their games... 

I still think this whole thing might just be a licence bug from the new firmware because i also get a lock symbol after turning on the ps4 now sometimes on games i purchased in my main....

Has any one had a phantom lock when using the share on a main from a different region?

I haven't even played my phantoms on my ps4 yet. Don't think it's worth it just to get the trophies on and it locking. Meh I'm done with PS4 gamesharing, not worth the risk. I'll just get back to my disc based purchases on second hand and seasonal sales only. 

Either way if Sony are starting to pull this sneaky shit and the fact that they were really scummy to the guy who's account got hacked, I personally hope they don't come up on top this console generation. 

BTW gys take some stories with a grain of salt - it must be April 1st somewhere in the world.

I think things will get even in some point, with a little of history you all remember the disccounts digital content used to have in Amazon, but that didnt last long I assumed because sony realized that th GS was taking all the advantage instead of legit users. So I think eventually when the phantomized wont work as usual, the price drops will begin to pop out and then we will be able to GS without phantoms. I know a lot of people who doesnt complaint about playing with locked slots, so it will just different.

One thing people need to realize is that they can't screw over people who are just gameharing with family etc. That was a USP for Sony, fair enough that they moved it from 5-2 console only but this is a pretty scummy thing for them to do to people who gameshare with family etc.

Oh well, time to actually start playing online on the games that I do own.. 

The digital pre-order for Batman: Arkham Knight is going live today on PlayStation Store.

R - RPG

I saw this was happening even before the PS4 launch when a guy started selling gameshares on eBay. Searched "Bloodborne account" the other day, first listing was 80+ sold. Sony knows it! It's just a matter of time to fix it once and for all. Anyway, I hope eBay sellers are not Cags.

Try using PlayStation live chat for any problems you have, and you will see a big notice about gamesharing/account deactivation on EVERY chat window. Sony knows..

I talked about this with Raiborg about couple of months ago, because I had a bad feeling that gamesharing is going to be over soon.
It does not mention gamesharing, just directions on how to deactivate a console which is probably for people getting rid of their older/broken systems.

This guy got 246 ebay ratings and all are from this month:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=alvarogsr

So from this however it seems not many lost their phantom yet, or maybe they left the feedback too fast and cant change it anymore...

Only one has complained so far:

Got the game but for some reason it has been Locked so in not happy! s***t ( 2 ) During past month

Reply by alvarogsr (Mar-30-15 04:13): The game was blocked because you have not read the instructions.

This guy will get 100s of complaints surely shortly if all 246 lose their games...

I still think this whole thing might just be a licence bug from the new firmware because i also get a lock symbol after turning on the ps4 now sometimes on games i purchased in my main....
I just reported his listings. [Listing practices] > [Other Listing practices] > [Digitally delivered goods].

Don't know how to report account selling..

It does not mention gamesharing, just directions on how to deactivate a console which is probably for people getting rid of their older/broken systems.
Ask them to deactivate a console and see the response. You will get the shittiest customer service response in your recent memory.

Edit: Yes, it doesn't mention gamesharing. But I'm sure sellers used Sony customer service for console deactivation. They have their own way of tracking things with customer support data and they might have noticed the console deactivation percentage is not normal + too many deactivation on the same account when it was new and there are no other games on that account, no trophies etc..

Looks like it's the perfect time to come out of retirement and help out in whatever way I can.

So far, all of my PS4 phantoms are still working, including the latest Bloodborne (speaking of which I still have the resell for this so PM me if you want it).

My main account is activated on my system with the current settings:

• All "Automatic Downloads and Uploads" settings under System is enabled.
  • All "Set Functions Available in Rest Mode" settings under Power Save Settings are enabled.
  • The "Log In to PS4 Automatically" feature is turned off.
I always put my PS4 in rest/suspend mode and only power off when I'm bringing it over to a friend's house. Model CUH-1001A (bought at launch).

Still need confirmation from sgand but according to him, an AC4 phantom I sold him recently has been locked. The interesting thing though is that I never got around to changing the password and deactivating him yet. Won't speculate on this further until he confirms the lock once he gets home.

The most important thing we can do right now is figure out what is triggering these locks. From the admittedly little research I've done (blame Bloodborne), there doesn't seem to be any pattern. Some change from the firmware update is highly suspect but why are some people unaffected? If we can recreate the lockout with consistency, we can figure out what is happening.

Worst case scenario, Sony is doing the locks manually and there's nothing we can do about it. Push comes to shove, we will figure out another way to play games for cheap. IIRC, Boosted set up a PS4 subscription service a while back. Is that still going? Might be a viable option worth exploring but let's focus on what is causing the locks for now.

PS Plus: Free Games for April 2015

• Tower of Guns (PS4, PS3)
  • Never Alone (PS4)
  • Dishonored (PS3)
  • Aaru’s Awakening (PS3, PS4)
  • Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita)
  • MonsterBag (PS Vita)

My BF4 phantom is still kicking. I purchased it after the 2.50 update, I've used suspend/resume frequently, played online, and have all the automatic upload/downloads on.

Until further notice my timeshares will be 8 days. and 9 days for regulars. Everyone knows who they are.

Timeshare. PS4
THIS Week (PM me to be added to the queue)
MLB 15 The Show
......................................................................................................................
Last Week
Borderlands (Handsome Jack Collection)
Bloodborne
Game of Thrones Ep3
Life is Strange Ep 2
Metal Slug 3

.......................................................................................................................
Assassin's Creed Unity $2
Battlefield 4 + Premium $1.50
Battlefield Hardline $3
COD Advanced Warfare + season pass $2
Chariot $1
Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round $1.50
DMC Definitive Edition $2
Dragon Age Inquisition $2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse $3
Driveclub $2
DivekIck $1.50
Dying Light $2
Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme $2
Helldivers $1
Hotline Miami 2 $1
Evolve $2
Farcry 4 $2
Fifa 15 $2
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD $3
Game of thrones ep 1 +2 $0.50 a day
GTA V $2
Grim Fandango $1
Guilty Gear xrd sign $2
Last of Us Remastered $1.50
Lego Marvel Heroes $1
Life is strange ep 1 $0.50 a day
Little Big planet 3 $2
Lords of the Fallen $2
Metal Gear Ground Zeroes $1.50
Mercenary Kings $1
NBA2K15 $2
NFS Rivals $1.50
PVZ Garden Warfare $1
Resident Evil Remastered $1.50
Resident Evil Revalations Season Pass $1.50 a week
Saints Row Re Elected + Gat out of Hell $2.50
Saints Row :Gat out of Hell $1.50
Samurai Warriors 4 $2
Shadow Of Mordor + season pass $2
Sleeping Dogs Def Edition $2
Styx Master Of Shadows $1
Super Stardust Ultra PS4 $1
Tales from the borderlands ep 1+2 $0.50 a day
The Crew $2
The Evil Within + season pass $2
The Order $3
The Wolf among Us $1.50
Transformers Rise Of the Dark Spark $1
Wolfenstein:The New Order $1.50
Walking Dead season 2 $1.50
Walking Dead season 1 $1.50
Warriors Orochi Ultimate 3 $2
White Night $1
WWE 2K15 $2
Zombie Army Trilogy $2

A theory I have: 
Sony can't do it automatic, otherwise we all would have lost our games. Not some of us and some games.

What if Sony has placed "markers" in games, like a serial code, and is actively blocking games around major releases (bloodborn).
So Sony will look at ebay perhaps and see hmm a lot of bloodborne accounts are being sold. Let's check our markers and see if there are any phantoms. 
Because it is the first time they are looking for other major games as well to block. 
Maybe it will be safe to phantom bloodborne in 6 months when they don't care anymore. Maybe that's why a lot of people still have "old" phantoms and more of the big budget titles are blocked.

Anyone have any suggestions where the best place to sell PS3's these days? CL and Ebay?

Poor thing is just collecting dust, its a 80gb PHATTY....would like to get at least 80 for it. 

A theory I have:
Sony can't do it automatic, otherwise we all would have lost our games. Not some of us and some games.

What if Sony has placed "markers" in games, like a serial code, and is actively blocking games around major releases (bloodborn).
So Sony will look at ebay perhaps and see hmm a lot of bloodborne accounts are being sold. Let's check our markers and see if there are any phantoms.
Because it is the first time they are looking for other major games as well to block.
Maybe it will be safe to phantom bloodborne in 6 months when they don't care anymore. Maybe that's why a lot of people still have "old" phantoms and more of the big budget titles are blocked.
nah, what about things like battlefield etc

makes zero sense

bread's done
Back