CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Why Sony did that??? They knew this I know... On PS3 there were 2 phantoms and 2 resell, now they reduced to 1-1, and now after many people spent a lot of money on these games now just locking them? It not makes sense....They'll loose a lot of people and will sell less games on the PSN store... 

So to any of those lucky guys who have their phantoms still working (and those phantoms were already reset by the hosts),

did you ever temper with your network settings, like when PSN was having issues, and entered different DNS Nameservers like the Google ones (8.8.8.8)?
I'm using google DNS all time. Google is faster than my standard Orange DNS.

This seems very weird. First off, sony can just contact eBay and have all those users suspended and start flagging the listings for such things in the future. This will put a huge dent in their digital pocket when digital sales slack off because of it, so i just dont think they'd do anything that drastic as to weed out phantom accounts. I'd put this more on the update being buggy/glitchy or something just not jiving with the update and licensing for games. Prayers that it all gets sorted out and that losses are minimal and this is a temporary situation.

On a side note, my last of us phantom is still going strong. Both of my friends borderlands phantoms are working just fine. Nothing changed at all as far as settings.
Thats not how ebay works. They would have to keep reporting new sellers and existing ones can use loopholes. I think sony didn't mind the 1-2 share but the people selling games took the cake.

how the fk did you get it banned??? Lolol
It was my fault. I bought an account with fifa 15 on a different website because it was really cheap when I log in I noticed that there was credit card info there. I figure that it was a stolen account so I log in on my dummy account to tell the real account owner to change the password. He does but he also message me back telling me he reported me so yeah 1 week later I get a message on ps4 saying is perma banned. I don't blame him, it was my own fault but the permanent ban was unfair. Anyway lesson learned.

It was my fault. I bought an account with fifa 15 on a different website because it was really cheap when I log in I noticed that there was credit card info there. I figure that it was a stolen account so I log in on my dummy account to tell the real account owner to change the password. He does but he also message me back telling me he reported me so yeah 1 week later I get a message on ps4 saying is perma banned. I don't blame him, it was my own fault but the permanent ban was unfair. Anyway lesson learned.
That site name is something like epic lol...I also bought it from there but as soon I realized that it is stolen account because of all the credit card info, I deleted that user and open dispute on paypal with the seller.

If this random phantom deactivation bug is associated with the 2.50 patch I doubt it will ever get fixed seeing that no one can/will report the issue to Sony...being against their TOS and all. We sure are caught between a rock and a hard place. We can hope it's not purposefully being done and that a future patch will somehow correct these issues but I'm not sure how long that will take and if anyone will still be willing to spend so much money to test it out in the future.

It's been good sharing with you guys.  :cry:

Right now I am testing it out with friends to see if their phantoms are going to be locked out. Naturally, I'll give them their money back if it does get locked out. Borderlands THC is still fine (*knock on wood) and in a couple weeks from now I will phantom off Bloodborne to see if that gets locked out as well.

I just put the offer out there, no one has to take it. Normally I would have never bothered to even list the share. If there are cheaper BB resells then people can buy them and just ignore my offer and it's like it was never put out there in the first place. Nothing wrong with more options. If there are no shares and someone was going to buy the game for $60 then my option becomes a suitable alternative. I will be playing the game again likely in the summer when I have more time on my hands so I will be buying it again and when I do it will likely be at full price. I doubt the share will sell myself but I will put it out there.

If there are lots of veteran CAGs that want to play the game I have no problem renting it out at a weekly rate to give them a chance to play it but I haven't seen anyone who really wants to rent it. If vets do, please PM me and if I receive a few PMs I'll just rent it out instead. I have no problem doing that as a nice gesture to a great community. My option was only made to give someone a cheaper alternative to own a resell than buying it outright. However, knowing I will be buying it again in the future there is no sense in me selling it below $50.
What's your going rate for a timeshare? $30/week?

My 2 phantoms are still working, but today i disconnected my ps4 from internet.
Feeling sorry for those who lost all their phantoms. Hopefully it is a glitch and after some time phantoms will work again.

My Phantom of AC Black Flag is still working fine.  I have google DNS, I have all my auto upload stuff checked.  One thing to note is that this account had the email address changed, that might be something,

Has anyone had locked phantoms that were bought and installed after they updated to 2.50? All mine are still good, it sucks that some of you guys lost so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOR RENT (per week):

PS4

Axiom Verge ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) [Currently being rented]

Bloodborne ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) - [Currently being rented]
The Order: 1886 ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) - [Currently being rented]
Grim Fandango: $1
Destiny: $1 [Currently being rented]
Watch Dogs: $1
Infamous: Second Son: $1
Dragon Age: Inquisition ($1.50 per week or $5 for a month)

PS3

South Park: The Stick of Truth: $0.50
Dark Souls II: $0.50
Outland: $0.25
PixelJunk SideScroller: $0.25

NOTE: I will deal with new users provided there is a vouch from a thread/GS regular OR with a security deposit (which will be returned at the end of the rental period).

For Sale:
PS4:
Bound by Flame Resell - $10
Child of Light [UK] Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Destiny + Expansion Pass Resell - $30
Entwined Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Injustice Ultimate Edition Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $8
Saints Row IV + Gat out of hell Resell - $22
Thief Resell - $10 (or rent for $1/week)

PS3:
Bioshock + Bioshock 2 + The Protector Trials + Minerva's Den + Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass Resell - $7
Dark Souls II + all crown DLC Resell - $12
Destiny + Expansion Pass Resell - $10/ Phantom - $4
Dishonored + all trophy DLC Resell - $3
Final Fantasy 13-2 Resell - $3
Gran Turismo 6 Resell - $7/ Phantom - $3
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII + Cloud DLC + Japanese VO Resell - $7
Resident Evil 4 HD + DmC + Vergil's Downfall + Costume pack + Puppeteer + Fatal Frame Phantom - $3
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete Season Phantom -$2
South Park: The Stick of Truth Resell - $5

Available for rent (per week):
PS4:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag + Season Pass - $1
Battlefield 4 + Premium - $1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare + Havoc DLC - $1
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition - $1
DmC: Definitive Edition - $1.25
Dragon Age: Inquisition - $1.50
Driveclub + Season Pass - $1.50
Far Cry 4 + Season Pass - $1.50
Infamous Second Son - $1
Killzone Shadow Fall + Season Pass - $1
Metro Redux - $1
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor + Season Pass - $1.50
Rayman Legends - $1
Resident Evil HD - $0.50
Saints Row IV Re-Elected + Gat Out of Hell - $1.50
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - $1
Watch Dogs + Season Pass - $1.50

Currently being rented:
PS4: (per week)
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - $1.50
Dying Light + Season Pass - $1.50
Final Fantasy Type-0 - $1.50
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete Season + Wesker - $0.50
The Order: 1886 - $1.50

Nothing complicated. Just want to phantom someone who has encountered the problem and see if it gets locked again. (Would suggest that particular PS4 is flagged in some way)

One question for the people on the list.. Were all the phantoms on your system locked simultaneously? Are there anyone that only lost some phantoms?
All my phantoms were locked at the same time.

If this random phantom deactivation bug is associated with the 2.50 patch I doubt it will ever get fixed seeing that no one can/will report the issue to Sony...being against their TOS and all. We sure are caught between a rock and a hard place. We can hope it's not purposefully being done and that a future patch will somehow correct these issues but I'm not sure how long that will take and if anyone will still be willing to spend so much money to test it out in the future.

It's been good sharing with you guys. :cry:

Right now I am testing it out with friends to see if their phantoms are going to be locked out. Naturally, I'll give them their money back if it does get locked out. Borderlands THC is still fine (*knock on wood) and in a couple weeks from now I will phantom off Bloodborne to see if that gets locked out as well.
It's not really against their TOS though, as long as you share within your household. If they don't fix the issue over the coming weeks we could get in contact with the customer support. That being said I'm pretty sure the eBay sellers will be very quick to report it once all the phantom owners demand their money back.

Also remember that you can perform tests on some cheap indie games' phantoms (BTW have accounts with demos been locked as well? ) not necessarily Bloodborne, so that you don't lose the slot in case the issue finally gets sorted out.

For me only those phantoms got locked, that were already "reset"... The phantoms Wolfenstein & Far Cry 4 I bought from Kerouac that are not "real" phantoms yet still work. 

Interestingly the moment I got all the locks, I was logged into my main as always... But one game I bought with that main (Sleeping Dogs) actually had the lock symbol too................

So this makes me think it was just an error/bug/glitch from Sonys Servers. The moment we all lost our phantoms was also around the time when they switched the store from sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to store.playstation.com - so in this process maybe our PS4s weren´t able to reach the authorization servers for 24 or 48 hours which might automatically flag those phantoms into a 2nd check and this one doesn´t confirm as the accounts were already reset

A few people who still have their phantoms mentioned they don´t have the -often slow to update- default DNS in their ps4s but openDNS which is much faster and could have prevented these authorization problems for 24 or more hours.

For me only those phantoms got locked, that were already "reset"... The phantoms Wolfenstein & Far Cry 4 I bought from Kerouac that are not "real" phantoms yet still work.

Interestingly the moment I got all the locks, I was logged into my main as always... But one game I bought with that main (Sleeping Dogs) actually had the lock symbol too................

So this makes me think it was just an error/bug/glitch from Sonys Servers. The moment we all lost our phantoms was also around the time when they switched the store from sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to store.playstation.com - so in this process maybe our PS4s weren´t able to reach the authorization servers for 24 or 48 hours which might automatically flag those phantoms into a 2nd check and this one doesn´t confirm as the accounts were already reset

A few people who still have their phantoms mentioned they don´t have the -often slow to update- default DNS in their ps4s but openDNS which is much faster and could have prevented these authorization problems for 24 or more hours.
Has anyone tried making a phantom after this change to see if it works?

It's not really against their TOS though, as long as you share within your household. If they don't fix the issue over the coming weeks we could get in contact with the customer support. That being said I'm pretty sure the eBay sellers will be very quick to report it once all the phantom owners demand their money back.

Also remember that you can perform tests on some cheap indie games' phantoms (BTW have accounts with demos been locked as well? ) not necessarily Bloodborne, so that you don't lose the slot in case the issue finally gets sorted out.
It kind of is against their TOS.. The porpuse of allowing you to deactivate your account from all systems through the website as so that in case your PS3 or PS4 broke (or any other malfuction), and you were forced to get a new one, you could still access all your digital games in your new playstation by manually deactivating in the website.. It was never meant to be used to allow you to have the same game on 2 different systems at the same time... And if you own more than one console, you can simply play with your account across all your PS4, as long as you play the games that were purchased with your account (since you don't need to set the console as your primary in order to play the games you bought)...

I don't have a PS4, so I can't make any kind of tests to see where the problem is, but my two friends for whom I have bought some phantoms still have them intact, with out any problem, have turned their PS4 on and off in all the possible ways (so I don't think the problem is there), and keep playing online with those games... so far so good, but it can be all a question of luck...

Throwing my 2 cents away, I would guess the new update is somehow forcing all the accounts to go online for a little bit... If you think about it, we basicly are manually deactivating the accounts on the website, so for phantoms the license was never there after the first log in, and the only reason the console is not able to detect that the licenses are expired is because in the way the system is built in, the console only checks the licenses for one account when said account goes online (which is kind of lame to be honest xD)... Now, Sony didn't change this, otherwise it would have affected everyone... So, somehow the phantom accounts are "auto logging in", but I fail in not having one PS4 to conduct some tests... I will post my address in a bit in case any one wants to send me a PS4 xD

Cheap way to test things should be with PS Plus, since every new user gets a 14 days PS+ trial

well, just lost my phantoms lol

really hope this gets a workaround 

I only really played fifa anyways, I'll just trade GTA V to my brother since he has a fifa resell

I made a few phantom demos the other day as a test and they were still working as of last night

*Edit: still working today also*

Well my phantoms are gone but one. GTA and COD. I'm done with game sharing besides rentals.

Also I was using opendns so I don't think it matters.

Selling a phantom of Guilty Gear Xrd PS3 ver. w/ Elphelt Valentine & Leo Whitefang DLC HK PSN for $16. PM me, if you're interested. This is the PS3 version.

I report that some friends lost their phantoms in the middle of a game. So it seems the thing is not related to the stand-by feature. Just being online is a risk for the phantoms.

by the way, I share with you some of my gameplay of bloodborne.

bloodborne: http://youtu.be/JGuvKFUgu6s

remember my psn id: dilugi I am lvl 40

I report that some friends lost their phantoms in the middle of a game. So it seems the thing is not related to the stand-by feature. Just being online is a risk for the phantoms. by the way, I share with you some of my gameplay of bloodborne.
bloodborne: http://youtu.be/JGuvKFUgu6s
remember my psn id: dilugi I am lvl 40
Looks cool as hell at that point of the game. Problem for me is I'd NEVER get that far in it!

Timeshares available:

Saints Row 4 with Gat Out Of Hell- $1 per week

Battlefield Hardline- $3 per week (or buy for $35) presently out

*MAY be putting my Bloodborne back out for timeshare tonight. Not definite.*

Sooo does anyone want to sell me a phantom for bloodborne at cheaper price right now? Im willing to take that risk seeing all my phantoms still work fine.

[quote name="luan87us" post="12611201" timestamp="1427922494"]Sooo does anyone want to sell me a phantom for bloodborne at cheaper price right now? Im willing to take that risk seeing all my phantoms still work fine.[/quote]
how much will you be willing to pay for it?
I have an untouched account waiting for things to settle down

Sooo does anyone want to sell me a phantom for bloodborne at cheaper price right now? Im willing to take that risk seeing all my phantoms still work fine.
tempting-fate-kitty.jpg

Since Battlefield DLC is cross buy, I am looking to join up with a PS3 user and purchase Premium for Battlefield: Hardline. It will be a 50/50 split with no type of phantom involvement. I will be taking the PS4 slot. Join if you are interested!

Battlefield: Hardline Premium (U.S.)

PS4 Resell $25

1. fmills15

PS3 Resell $25

2._______

$50 resells are the future guys. There is no denying it ppl. Haters can hate all they want.

#Aprilfools.
Not the future. BB Gamersclub + 10% movers coupons makes physical copies $48 after tax so no sense in buying a digital resell for the 50. If gone for good you will just see an increase in library shares/locked slot sales (all of this among trusted company of course)

Not the future. BB Gamersclub + 10% movers coupons makes physical copies $48 after tax so no sense in buying a digital resell for the 50. If gone for good you will just see an increase in library shares/locked slot sales (all of this among trusted company of course)
I'm going to buy a triple A PS3 game on my account and sell the resell slots for $40 a pop. Cheaper for customers that way. This is the future of gamesharing.

$50 resells are the future guys. There is no denying it ppl. Haters can hate all they want.

#Aprilfools.
Not the future. BB Gamersclub + 10% movers coupons makes physical copies $48 after tax so no sense in buying a digital resell for the 50. If gone for good you will just see an increase in library shares/locked slot sales (all of this among trusted company of course) Plus for single player only games there will still be phantoms as you can easily just not log into the internet.

Speaking of which..one test that needs to be run is to have your main account signed out of PSN to determine if the check is done when the ps4 touches the internet or it waits for a PSN login. From there can determine if its: the PSN login of the main account that does it, any psn login that does it, or if its just the ps4 touching the internet that does it.

bread's done
Back