CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

The only up side is that i won't be tempted to buy phantoms and build a massive catalogue I won't have time to play.
That is until there is more clarity.
For all we know phantoms will stop locking in a month and we can resume our cheapness

Last edited by a moderator:
The only up side is that i won't be tempted to buy phantoms and build a massive catalogue I won't have time to play.
That is until there is more clarity.
For all we know phantoms will stop locking in a month and we can resume our cheapness
What would Sony's motivation be to change this? They've been trying to stop us from doing it for years and now they've found out how to do it whether intentional or not. Guys you're just gonna have to accept it, it's over.

Selling:
(PS3 resells)
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 - $2

(PS3 phantoms)
Far Cry 4 + Season Pass - $10
Earth Defense Force 2025 + Mission packs DLC - $6
Murdered: Soul Suspect - $3
Port Royale 3 Gold Edition - $4
The Witch and the Hundred Knight - $4
Warrior: Legends of Troy - $3
Dragon's Crown - $3
Farming Simulator, Contrast, RAW, OlliOlli, Rotastic - $5
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE - $4
Grid Autosport - $3
Fast & Furious: Showdown - $3

(PS4 Timeshares available)
Child of Light  - $1
Crimsonland  - $0.5

Guacamelee - $1
Infamous: First Light  - $1
Injustice  - $2
Minecraft - $1
Monopoly Plus  - $1
Strike Suit Zero  - $1
Styx: Masters of Shadows
Surgeon Simulator  - $0.5
The Legend of Korra  - $1
The Order: 1886   - $3
Transistor   - $1
Costume Quest 2, Killallzombies, Aqua Kitty   - $1

Available for timeshare, all PS3,(prices are per week) or phantom (PM for price)
- Lemmings, Fighting Vipers - $1
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War - $1
- SHORT PEACE: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day - $2
- Diablo 3 (Vanilla Version) - $1
- Hakouki - $1
- The Raven: Legacy of the Master Thief -$1
- Saints Row 4 Season Pass - $0.5
- Bioshock Season Pass - $1 
- Metro Last Light DLC - $1
- The Darkness 2 - $1   
- Game of Thrones - $0.5
- Doki Doki Universe (PS3 or PS4)  - $0.5
- Lone Survivor - $0.5
- Ride to Hell: Retribution - $0.5
- Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle - $1
- Mafia II DLC - $1
- NFS: The Run DLC - $0.5 
- Far Cry Classic - $0.5
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - $1
- Magrunner: Dark Pulse - $1
- Star Raiders - $0.5
- Under Defeat HD - $1
- The Cursed Crusade - $0.5 
- Zombeer - $1
- Beer Pong - Free
- Toki Tori - Free
- God Mode - Free
- Final Exam - Free 

$50 resells are the future guys. There is no denying it ppl. Haters can hate all they want.

#Aprilfools.
Library is the future. It's being started from scratch with only PS4 games and no members. Every week one person can join if they donate a new $60 release.

April Fools. Or is it?

As of right now, the only glimmer of hope that I see for gamesharing is that if Sony has to do this manually, they might ease up after awhile. This first wave of locks may eventually hit everyone, but maybe they won't dedicate employees and resources 24/7 after this initial wave. Maybe they'll do manual checks every 6 months or something? Who knows....I'm just trying to find some kind of hope.

Any reputable trusted vets want to join the largest PS4 club library around?  Looking for an additional trusted vet that will contribute a bit of time lending out the existing shares to existing members.

EDIT: Looks like the spot is being filled. Membership is closed for now...

Has anyone checked on Snakey. Is his PS4 a giant paperweight now
No. All fine, for now.

Take your PlayStation 4 off the internet, if haven't done so already before having finished the games in your phantom accounts. Set up Dynamic IP as well.

Doesn't matter if you put your PS4 into Sleep mode, verification detection doesn't work that way.

Avoid downloading Yakimura if you haven't done that mandatory firmware update yet.

Harken back to when you tried to counter the Cinavia detection system, some of those methods might work.

That is all.

$50 resells are the future guys. There is no denying it ppl. Haters can hate all they want.

#Aprilfools.
Not the future. BB Gamersclub + 10% movers coupons makes physical copies $48 after tax so no sense in buying a digital resell for the 50. If gone for good you will just see an increase in library shares/locked slot sales (all of this among trusted company of course) Plus for single player only games there will still be phantoms as you can easily just not log into the internet.

Speaking of which..one test that needs to be run is to have your main account signed out of PSN to determine if the check is done when the ps4 touches the internet or it waits for a PSN login. From there can determine if its: the PSN login of the main account that does it, any psn login that does it, or if its just the ps4 touching the internet that does it.

As of right now, the only glimmer of hope that I see for gamesharing is that if Sony has to do this manually, they might ease up after awhile. This first wave of locks may eventually hit everyone, but maybe they won't dedicate employees and resources 24/7 after this initial wave. Maybe they'll do manual checks every 6 months or something? Who knows....I'm just trying to find some kind of hope delude myself.
FTFY

By the way, any way to change the name of the thread? Maybe "CAG PSN Gamesharing Memorial"? Let's face it, this thread has turned into a graveyard. And it gets more depressing daily.

well it hasn't happened to everyone yet sooo hard to say if there's a bug/glitch in the server changing process or Sony putting the hammer down on this. I'm leaning toward the glitch in the verification process since the server switch for PS store. Seems like some of you guys modified your DNS setting.

My phantoms are ok, though to be clear, I haven't received any trophies on the 2 phantoms I have (yet), they are at 0%.

I shouldn't have got drunk on April Fools day, Machinima got me lol.

Anyhoe... Any interest in a TLoU group? Split the resells no phantoms? Unless guigreg is right and it's only one resell one phantom. In that case I can see how gamesharing would stop completely.

Anyhoe... Any interest in a TLoU group? Split the resells no phantoms? Unless guigreg is right and it's only one resell one phantom. In that case I can see how gamesharing would stop completely.
PS4 is only one resell one phantom, which is the reason not being able to use phantoms is such a huge deal.

My phantoms are ok, though to be clear, I haven't received any trophies on the 2 phantoms I have (yet), they are at 0%.
hmm, this might be the reason for the locked phantoms actually

I remember not ever synching my trophies for a very long time until yesterday that I did and lo and behold my phantoms are now locked

Just a thought...

For Sale
NBA2k15 (Resell)$19
Driveclub (Phantom) $15... Good for only offline play and buy at your own risk :p
MOTOGP14 and MXGP in one account (Resell) $45

Currently Rented
Shadow Of Mordor

I'm almost 100% positive I've earned at least one trophy on a phantom since the update and I've synched trophies several times. Still have access to phantoms.

Confirmed. Update was out last Tuesday, correct? I earned a trophy in Super Mega Baseball on 3/28. I synched my trophies as recently as last night.

Confirmed. Update was out last Tuesday, correct? I earned a trophy in Super Mega Baseball on 3/28. I synched my trophies as recently as last night.
nice, what I did now that I remember I earned a trophy and while appeared I accidentally pressed the PS button which took me to the synching screen and I think it took a screenshot as well

but idk, might just picking at straws now

I shouldn't have got drunk on April Fools day, Machinima got me lol.

I have a TLOU PS4 resell if you're interested

I made a few phantom demos the other day as a test and they were still working as of last night

*Edit: still working today also*
If I remember correctly demos and betas don't quite work the same as game activations. I believe they don't actually take a user slot, but I'm basing all of this from when the thread experimented with the Uncharted 3/Subway multiplayer promo. Could be wrong since I don't own a PS4 though. Been reading the last 15 pages (thanks rams81), and all of this is quite interesting. Sorry to hear about everyone's losses.

If I remember correctly demos and betas don't quite work the same as game activations. I believe they don't actually take a user slot, but I'm basing all of this from when the thread experimented with the Uncharted 3/Subway multiplayer promo. Could be wrong since I don't own a PS4 though. Been reading the last 15 pages (thanks rams81), and all of this is quite interesting. Sorry to hear about everyone's losses.
I think that when it comes to activations it doesn't matter how many people download a demo off one account, when it gets reset it becomes a regular phantom.

On another note: Seriously... fuck BLOODBORNE! Holy shit I hate that game!

on a different note, for those of you who have switched HDD how did you go about it? any tips?

any way to save the games (even if locked) to a backup HDD to avoid dl?

^you could always timeshare it to me if you hate it ={D
Already agreed to sell it to someone

on a different note, for those of you who have switched HDD how did you go about it? any tips?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5FJHYAfiYRs

Not possible to back up downloaded games. Gonna have to redownload everything. (Sucked having to wait for things to download again!)

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/03/guide_how_to_back_up_your_ps4_hdd_to_a_usb_drive

Here you go. The 2.50 firmware update apart from screwing us out of our phantoms also added the ability to backup to an exernal HDD. You can choose to either include or exclude your game installs from the backup.

I made a few phantom demos the other day as a test and they were still working as of last night

*Edit: still working today also*
Now this is worrying to say the least, I'm really starting to lose hope and think it was a deliberate move from Sony and not a glitch. Unless demo licenses somehow work in a different way than the full games ones.

Already agreed to sell it to someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5FJHYAfiYRs

Not possible to back up downloaded games. Gonna have to redownload everything. (Sucked having to wait for things to download again!)

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/03/guide_how_to_back_up_your_ps4_hdd_to_a_usb_drive

Here you go. The 2.50 firmware update apart from screwing us out of our phantoms also added the ability to backup to an exernal HDD. You can choose to either include or exclude your game installs from the backup.
thanks a lot guys

Timeshare. PS4
THIS Week (PM me to be added to the queue)
MLB 15 The Show

Axiom Verge
......................................................................................................................
Last Week
Borderlands (Handsome Jack Collection)
Bloodborne
Game of Thrones Ep3
Life is Strange Ep 2
Metal Slug 3

.......................................................................................................................
Assassin's Creed Unity $2
Battlefield 4 + Premium $1.50
Battlefield Hardline $3
COD Advanced Warfare + season pass $2

COD Ghosts $1.50
Chariot $1
Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round $1.50
DMC Definitive Edition $2
Dragon Age Inquisition $2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse $3
Driveclub $2
DivekIck $1.50
Dying Light $2
Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme $2
Helldivers $1
Hotline Miami 2 $1
Evolve $2
Farcry 4 $2
Fifa 15 $2
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD $3
Game of thrones ep 1 +2 $0.50 a day
GTA V $2
Grim Fandango $1
Guilty Gear xrd sign $2
Last of Us Remastered $1.50
Lego Marvel Heroes $1
Life is strange ep 1 $0.50 a day
Little Big planet 3 $2
Lords of the Fallen $2
Metal Gear Ground Zeroes $1.50
Mercenary Kings $1
NBA2K15 $2
NFS Rivals $1.50
PVZ Garden Warfare $1
Resident Evil Remastered $1.50
Resident Evil Revalations Season Pass $1.50 a week
Saints Row Re Elected + Gat out of Hell $2.50
Saints Row :Gat out of Hell $1.50
Samurai Warriors 4 $2
Shadow Of Mordor + season pass $2
Sleeping Dogs Def Edition $2
Styx Master Of Shadows $1
Super Stardust Ultra PS4 $1
Tales from the borderlands ep 1+2 $0.50 a day
The Crew $2
The Evil Within + season pass $2
The Order $3
The Wolf among Us $1.50
Transformers Rise Of the Dark Spark $1
Wolfenstein:The New Order $1.50
Walking Dead season 2 $1.50
Walking Dead season 1 $1.50
Warriors Orochi Ultimate 3 $2
White Night $1
WWE 2K15 $2
Zombie Army Trilogy $2

Watch Dogs $1.50

On another note: Seriously... fuck BLOODBORNE! Holy shit I hate that game!
I've never really played a Souls game and I found Bloodborne to be really easy. 2-3 of the first bosses I killed on my first try just stumbling on to them. Its all about staying as close to the big guys as possibly and going behind them.

For those of you who don't have this game, you are missing out on one of the best PS4 game there is right now. It's not as hard as they make it out to be. It is, however, very scary borrowing heavily on lovecraftian lore. The noise the damn bottles make when you bump in to them scare me every time.

Want:

PS4 The Crew resell

Have:

PS3 Risen 3 resell $2

Rentals:

PS4 Resident Evil Revelations 2  $1/week (out until 4/4)

PS3 Resident Evil Revelations 2  $1/week 

Someone please suggest me portable 1.5tb hdd that can easily fit on ps4. I am using 1.5tb HGST but rest mode is not working quite well, it goes into rest mode fine but when it woke up it acts like it was never on rest mode, no blinking orange light issue.my friend suggest me to change hard drive.

For Sale (All are resells, there are no locked slot users, and for cross-buy games, the other owners are phantoms, meaning you will be the only owner of the account):

Edit: (In this case) Buyers should be changing all info associated with the accounts when they receive them.

PS4:
Bloodborne - $30
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - $30
Bound by Flame Resell - $10
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare + Season Pass - $40
Child of Light [UK] Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Destiny + Expansion Pass Resell - $30
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition - $20
DmC: Definitive Edition - $23
Dying Light + Season Pass - $35
Entwined Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Far Cry 4 + Season Pass - $30
Final Fantasy Type-0 - $30 (pending)
Injustice Ultimate Edition (includes PS3 Resells) - $8
Killzone Shadow Fall + Season Pass - $20
Metro Redux - $20
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor + Season Pass - $25
Rayman Legends - $10
Resident Evil HD - $10
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete Season + Wesker - $10 (pending)
Saints Row IV Re-Elected + Gat Out of Hell - $20
The Order: 1886 - $25
Thief Resell - $10

PS3 (All are resells)
Bioshock + Bioshock 2 + The Protector Trials + Minerva's Den + Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass Resell - $7
Dark Souls II + all crown DLC Resell - $12
Destiny + Expansion Pass Resell - $10
Dishonored + all trophy DLC Resell - $3
Final Fantasy 13-2 Resell - $3
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII + Cloud DLC + Japanese VO Resell - $7
Resident Evil 4 HD + DmC + Vergil's Downfall + Costume pack + Puppeteer + Fatal Frame - $5
South Park: The Stick of Truth Resell - $5

I'm open to offers if they are reasonable.

FOR RENT (per week):

PS4

Axiom Verge ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) [Currently being rented]

Bloodborne ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) - [Currently being rented | 1 on queue] [AMAZING GAME]
The Order: 1886 ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) - [Currently being rented]
Grim Fandango: $1
Destiny: $1 [Currently being rented]
Watch Dogs: $1
Infamous: Second Son: $1
Dragon Age: Inquisition ($1.50 per week or $5 for a month)

PS3

South Park: The Stick of Truth: $0.50
Dark Souls II: $0.50
Outland: $0.25
PixelJunk SideScroller: $0.25

NOTE: I will deal with new users provided there is a vouch from a thread/GS regular OR with a security deposit (which will be returned at the end of the rental period).

Someone please suggest me portable 1.5tb hdd that can easily fit on ps4. I am using 1.5tb HGST but rest mode is not working quite well, it goes into rest mode fine but when it woke up it acts like it was never on rest mode, no blinking orange light issue.my friend suggest me to change hard drive.
I'm not so sure if the issue is caused by your hard drive, but if you eventually decide to replace it I'd advise choosing either a 1tb or 2tb one. 1.5tb is a bit of a strange standard and while you can find a good drive of this size, most of the recommended options are 1tb and 2tb big.

If I were you I'd settle for 1tb, because they come in 7200rpm which is the sweet spot for speed (reduce them Bloodborne loading times yo) if you don't want to shell out for an SSHD or SSD. My recommendation is this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/HGST-Travelstar-2-5-Inch-Internal-0J22423/dp/B00B4QESVQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427986588&sr=8-2&keywords=2.5+7200

If the bigger size is a priority though, this one is a good choice:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-STBX2000401-2-5-Inch-Portable/dp/B00ILALU9G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427983692&sr=8-2&keywords=Seagate+2tb+2.5+7200

It is a portable drive, but you can easily take it out of the enclosure (as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkuCISkbIUo&list=UUtWScvg-KQi4mrf7_hRRgUQ) and place your current PS4 HDD inside afterwards.

There are tons of alternatives out there though, so if you can find a good deal on a different well review and popular drive it will most likely work great with your PS4.

You can try using the Dead or Alive, or Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires full demo. My phantoms are still working for now.

My bloodborne phantom from this weekend is still going strong. I wonder if it is maybe targeted at people who GS often? I have only rented RE: Rev 2, have a Bloodborne phantom, and a Last of Us resell on my PS4.

bread's done
Back