CAG PSN Gamesharing #9 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

PS4
• Killzone: Shadow Fall - sellable, timeshare $1.5/wk
• Lara Croft Osiris+DLC, Mercenary Kings, PJ Shooter, Towerfall Ascension - timeshare
• Lego Marvel Super Heroes - sellable, timeshare
• SoundShapes + DLC, Plants vs Zombies - timeshare

PS3 on sale
• Call of Duty Black Ops 2 + Season Pass DLC + Nuketown Zombies + Nuketown 2025 - sellable $15, phantom $7.5, timeshare $1.5/wk
(many more PS3 games available, click the yellow link in my sig)

stacking dlc
I had sold my slot to fuze9, perhaps he will sell/timeshare it.

Looking for Bioshock 1 DLC Challenge Rooms
I had sold my slot to Strange, perhaps he will sell/timeshare it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Sale
Driveclub (Phantom) $10 Buy at your own risk
Driveclub (Resell) $28
Motogp14 and MXGP in one account (Resell) $45
Dragon Age Inquisition (Phantom) $10 Buy at your own risk

For Rent
Motogp14 and MXGP $2/week
Shadow Of Mordor $1/week
Driveclub $1/week

Pre order
The Witcher 3 (Phantom) $10 Booked by Topaz

Project Cars (Phantom) $10

Have:

PS4 Resident Evil Revelations 2 resell $10

PS3 Risen 3 resell $2

Rentals:

PS4 Mortal Kombat X (with Goro) $3/week

PS4 Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China $1/week

PS4 Metro Last Light Redux $.50/week

For all we know the only reason sony would ban you is for having HACKED accounts, so his ban surely isn´t about gamesharing per se.

Witcher 3 Lets plays:

Short sneak peak from Russian channel; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R0h_jPY240
PietSmiet, ~21min; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALGJGDRnHT0
AngryJoe, ~47min; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWBMH9EtQ
Rojov13, ~34min; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlVX4DpbFNc
ImAnderZEL, ~10min on Ultra; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE
Remigiusz Maciaszek, ~18min; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySdxx0GmpFc
High5, ~23min; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGv6YzoLEJ8
Gopher, ~13min; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94R0Ji39E68

So..

I bought the alienware alpha i3 for $400 shipped. Once I get the console, I can call dell and ask about price matcing micro center which had the same thing for sale at $300, dell should offer $60-$80 credit back, making it ~$340 for the PC. I'll probably buy another stick of ram for it, 

I've listed my Xbox one + games on craigslist for $375, should be easy to sell.

I understand that it's not a computer that will run games at 1080p, ultra settings but honestly I never wanted that. I wanted something that was comparable to a console but was a PC. This should do the trick just fine and supplement my PS4 just fine

Excited to play some PC games. RTS, League, old steam games.. just excited to finally have a PC at home instead of a chromebook

Graphic comparsion for those who care: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6NWOaM0NW8

what are the cons of a compact console? I always wanted one.
Well with this one, you can't upgrade the GPU (which you cant do with consoles either)

Besides that I don't know, form factor? It's pretty small (wii form factor)

You can upgrade the CPU, ram, HDD and whatnot as you'd like.

So..

I bought the alienware alpha i3 for $400 shipped. Once I get the console, I can call dell and ask about price matcing micro center which had the same thing for sale at $300, dell should offer $60-$80 credit back, making it ~$340 for the PC. I'll probably buy another stick of ram for it,

I've listed my Xbox one + games on craigslist for $375, should be easy to sell.

I understand that it's not a computer that will run games at 1080p, ultra settings but honestly I never wanted that. I wanted something that was comparable to a console but was a PC. This should do the trick just fine and supplement my PS4 just fine

Excited to play some PC games. RTS, League, old steam games.. just excited to finally have a PC at home instead of a chromebook

Graphic comparsion for those who care: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6NWOaM0NW8
What games do you have for sell to me?!

what are the cons of a compact console? I always wanted one.
Many PC gamers are upgrading random pieces of hardware to meet the required specs of whatever new games they need to play. I suspect the big drawback on the compact ones is that upgrading is limited. Not just finding the right size/compatible hardware, but in addition the customized proprietary console interface might not work with the upgraded hardware you are adding.

I have been wanting to add Steam to my pad, but the bloatware called Windows is a big drawback for me. The Steam-box is what I am waiting for, because you can just use SteamOS directly and it will natively work with the new Steam controller. My PS3/PS4 backlog is big, so I can wait till the launch coming late this year.

FOR RENT (per week):

PS4
Shovel Knight ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) - [Currently being rented - 1 on queue]
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD with FFXV Demo ($1.50 for 3 days or $2.50 per week) - [Currently being rented - 1 on queue]
Axiom Verge ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week)
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor with Season Pass ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) - [Currently being rented]
Far Cry 4 with Season Pass ($1 for 3 days or $2 per week) - [Currently being rented]
Infamous: Second Son: $1
Dragon Age: Inquisition: $1.50

Free 1 week rental on the games below for regulars (those who rent 3+ games from me | includes PS3 section)

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: $2.50
Helldivers: $1.50
Watch Dogs: $1 [Currently being rented]
Rayman Legends: $1 [Currently being rented]
Grim Fandango: $1

PS3
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: $0.50
South Park: The Stick of Truth: $0.50
Dark Souls II: $0.50 [Currently being rented]
Outland: $0.25
PixelJunk SideScroller: $0.25

FOR SALE:
Helldivers PS3 phantom: $2 (2 available)

PLEASE READ:
You will be able to earn trophies on your main account on ALL of these rentals as they're all primaries. And I will deal with new users provided there is a vouch from a thread/GS regular OR with a security deposit (which will be returned at the end of the rental period). Also, don't wait! PM me if you're interested in renting a game even if it's currently being rented so I can put you next on queue. 

I prefer paypal, but will also accept PSN cards/codes - which will basically act as credits. PM me for details, thanks.

Many PC gamers are upgrading random pieces of hardware to meet the required specs of whatever new games they need to play. I suspect the big drawback on the compact ones is that upgrading is limited. Not just finding the right size/compatible hardware, but in addition the customized proprietary console interface might not work with the upgraded hardware you are adding.

I have been wanting to add Steam to my pad, but the bloatware called Windows is a big drawback for me. The Steam-box is what I am waiting for, because you can just use SteamOS directly and it will natively work with the new Steam controller. My PS3/PS4 backlog is big, so I can wait till the launch coming late this year.
What OS are you currently using? Linux?

Looking for the following PS4 resells:

Mortal Kombat X
GTA V
NBA 2K15
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

PM me, please.

Timeshare. PS4
THIS Week (PM me to be added to the queue)

Shovel Knight $2
Assassins Creed Chronicles $1.50

Evil Within: The Consequence DLC $2

.....................................................................................................................
Next Week

Broken Age
......................................................................................................................
Last Week (PM To be added to the queue)
Mortal Kombat X
$ 5
Titan Souls $2
.......................................................................................................................
Assassin's Creed Unity $2
Axiom Verge $1.50
Bastion $2
Battlefield 4 + Premium $1.50
Battlefield Hardline $3
Borderlands (Handsome Jack Collection) $3
Bloodborne $3
COD Advanced Warfare + season pass $2
COD Ghosts $1.50
Chariot $1
Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin $3
Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round $1.50
DMC Definitive Edition $2
Dragon Age Inquisition $2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse $3
Driveclub $2
DivekIck $1.50
Dying Light $2
Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme $2
Helldivers $1.50
Hotline Miami 2 $1
Evolve $2
Farcry 4 $2
Fifa 15 $2
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD $3
Game of thrones ep 1 +2+3 $0.50 a day
GTA V $2
Grim Fandango $1
Guilty Gear xrd sign $2
Last of Us Remastered $1.50
Lego Marvel Heroes $1
Life is strange ep 1+2 $0.50 a day
Little Big planet 3 $2
Lords of the Fallen $2
Metal Gear Ground Zeroes $1.50
Metal Slug 3 $1.50
MLB 15 The Show $3

Mercenary Kings $1
NBA2K15 $2
NFS Rivals $1.50
PVZ Garden Warfare $1
Resident Evil Remastered $1.50
Resident Evil Revalations Season Pass $1.50 a week
Saints Row Re Elected + Gat out of Hell $2.50
Saints Row :Gat out of Hell $1.50
Samurai Warriors 4 $2
Shadow Of Mordor + season pass $2
Sleeping Dogs Def Edition $2
Styx Master Of Shadows $1
Super Stardust Ultra PS4 $1
Tales from the borderlands ep 1+2 $0.50 a day
The Crew $2
The Evil Within + season pass $2
The Order $2
The Wolf among Us $1.50
Transformers Rise Of the Dark Spark $1
Wolfenstein:The New Order $1.50
Walking Dead season 2 $1.50
Walking Dead season 1 $1.50
Warriors Orochi Ultimate 3 $2
White Night $1
WWE 2K15 $2
Zombie Army Trilogy $2
Watch Dogs $1.50

What OS are you currently using? Linux?
I currently use a MacBook Pro Retina from 2012, dual-boot with both OSX 10 (Yosemite) and Windows 7. It overheats horribly whenever I game on it, which isn't often as a result of that (plus I prefer a controller). At the time, I realized I prefer OSX over Windows, and haven't heard anything positive from any Windows 8 users. My former love for everything Apple has rapidly decreased since Steve Jobs sadly passed, and Apple has simply lost their touch IMO. In fact, I intend to be replacing my iPhone with an Android soon. I personally would only consider purchasing a new PC that either runs on a Steam OS, or once Google improves their OS to run as a proper PC OS. But that's me with a large backlog of PS3 and PS4 games, so I don't feel the pressure to buy a desktop/mini PC right now. I have the luxury of waiting around to see Steam boxes being released and decide then. If someone was buying a PC for gaming today, an Alienware with Steam intention could be the best option.

For Sale/Rent:
PS4:
Bound by Flame Resell - $10
Child of Light [UK] Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
DmC: Definitive Edition Resell - $20 (or $1/week)
Entwined Resell (includes PS3 Resells) - $4
Killzone Shadow Fall + Season Pass Resell - $20 (or $1/week)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $0.50/week
Metro Redux Resell - $20 (or $1/week)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete Season + Wesker - $0.50/week
Shadow Warrior - $0.50/week
Sleeping Dogs: Definite Edition - $1/week
The Evil Within + The Assignment + The Consequence - $1.50/week ($0.50 for DLC only)
The Last of Us Remastered - $0.50/week***
The Order: 1886 - $1.50/week***
Thief Resell - $10
*** - Currently being rented

PS3:
Dark Souls II + all crown DLC Resell - $12
Final Fantasy 13-2 Resell - $3
Grand Theft Auto V Resell - $8
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Complete Season Phantom - $2
South Park: The Stick of Truth Resell - $5

So I just bought a 2TB HDD. What do I need to do now!?

Deactivate my accounts, etc?

Make sure to grab the firmware that is designed for a new install. There is a link under the original link for the smaller firmware. Have a thumb drive formatted for fat32. You need to create a folder ps4/update I think. It tells you on the webpage.

Make sure to grab the firmware that is designed for a new install. There is a link under the original link for the smaller firmware. Have a thumb drive formatted for fat32. You need to create a folder ps4/update I think. It tells you on the webpage.
Cool. So in regard to my resells I'm fine leaving them active as they are tied to the console rather than the HDD?

I have no phantoms...........

I just recreated the accounts just like I did when I bought them. Worked fine. Just make sure the thumb drive fits on the ps4. I had a weird shaped one that didn't fit.

Hey guys, sorry for being off-topic but i need help w/ something

On December 2014 i bought from user Jdub_ smooth, a resell slot containing all dlc for Skyrim. I never activated the account at my PS3 but checking at Sony site i realized that both slots were activated so someone else is using my share. When i bought from Jdub everything was ok.

I contacted Jdub for info to try to track the other resell and solve this issue. I found the original group: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/296884-cag-psn-gamesharing-5-findcreate-a-gameshare-group-and-gameshare-faq/?p=10322573

Skyrim DLC Bundle (1st week price)
$7.50
1. GogetaSS4 (Host) ---> Jdub_smooth ---> mark77
2. brimah (Info Sent) ---> Edzor ---> evozakira ---> ????
----------------
$3.75
3. boosted02gt (Downloaded)
4. snow vixen (Downloaded)

My slot came from Gogeta, the other original resell was Brimah. He sold to Edzor that sold to user evozkira. I'm trying to contact evozakira but he doesn't sign on CAG since 20th March.

Also, in my research , the last person selling a share of Skyrim dlc in the thread was Gamerdad. He is known as a scammer, idk the details but has something to do with selling PSN codes to Boosted. So i'm afraid that he was the other resell holder of this account.

So, how i should deal with this? I know that some of the vets doesn't post here anymore but if anyone can give me some advice i appreciate. Just send me a PM, thanks!

Downloading everything again currently. I got impatient and only transferred my save games to a USB stick. (Also my external HDD is formatted to NTFS and I couldn't use it)

HDD installed successfully!
Noice. You completed your first successful ps4 operation.

Congratulations doctor stomp.

Hey guys, sorry for being off-topic but i need help w/ something

On December 2014 i bought from user Jdub_ smooth, a resell slot containing all dlc for Skyrim. I never activated the account at my PS3 but checking at Sony site i realized that both slots were activated so someone else is using my share. When i bought from Jdub everything was ok.

I contacted Jdub for info to try to track the other resell and solve this issue. I found the original group: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/296884-cag-psn-gamesharing-5-findcreate-a-gameshare-group-and-gameshare-faq/?p=10322573

Skyrim DLC Bundle (1st week price)
$7.50
1. GogetaSS4 (Host) ---> Jdub_smooth ---> mark77
2. brimah (Info Sent) ---> Edzor ---> evozakira ---> ????
----------------
$3.75
3. boosted02gt (Downloaded)
4. snow vixen (Downloaded)

My slot came from Gogeta, the other original resell was Brimah. He sold to Edzor that sold to user evozkira. I'm trying to contact evozakira but he doesn't sign on CAG since 20th March.

Also, in my research , the last person selling a share of Skyrim dlc in the thread was Gamerdad. He is known as a scammer, idk the details but has something to do with selling PSN codes to Boosted. So i'm afraid that he was the other resell holder of this account.

So, how i should deal with this? I know that some of the vets doesn't post here anymore but if anyone can give me some advice i appreciate. Just send me a PM, thanks!
If u have access to the acct and u are the correct owner. Why not phantom the acct to get rid of the activated accts.

For Sale
Driveclub (Phantom) $10 Buy at your own risk
Driveclub (Resell) $28
Motogp14 and MXGP in one account (Resell) $45

Dragon Age Inquisition (Resell) $28
Dragon Age Inquisition (Phantom) $10 Buy at your own risk

For Rent
Motogp14 and MXGP $2/week
Shadow Of Mordor $1/week
Driveclub $1/week

Pre order
The Witcher 3 (Phantom) $10 Booked by Topaz

Project Cars (Phantom) $10 Booked by CallonGWProx

I currently use a MacBook Pro Retina from 2012, dual-boot with both OSX 10 (Yosemite) and Windows 7. It overheats horribly whenever I game on it, which isn't often as a result of that (plus I prefer a controller). At the time, I realized I prefer OSX over Windows, and haven't heard anything positive from any Windows 8 users. My former love for everything Apple has rapidly decreased since Steve Jobs sadly passed, and Apple has simply lost their touch IMO. In fact, I intend to be replacing my iPhone with an Android soon. I personally would only consider purchasing a new PC that either runs on a Steam OS, or once Google improves their OS to run as a proper PC OS. But that's me with a large backlog of PS3 and PS4 games, so I don't feel the pressure to buy a desktop/mini PC right now. I have the luxury of waiting around to see Steam boxes being released and decide then. If someone was buying a PC for gaming today, an Alienware with Steam intention could be the best option.
Cool that makes sense. I actually find both OS (OSX and Windows) usable. Windows 8 is actually much better than windows 7 and I'm not sure why it has so much hate. People mention the metro (tiles) user face being a problem but that is easily disabled and for the past 5 months I haven't even seen it. Windows 8 like windows 7 except smoother and better. I hope Windows 10 will continue in that direction.

I'll see myself out now, seeing that this is off topic.

I haven't been buying shares here because of the whole phantom fiasco and the fact that I found it easier to share an account with a friend in real life.

If there ever is a game we disagree on getting, I'll probably try one of these loan sharks :whistle2: Qdizzle that seems popular these days.

Test phantom has been locked. This rules out several conspiracy theories.

- Sony is not banning individual consoles, or doing a ban wave, period. My console was already hit with the locks, and a manual ban/ban wave would not target the same console multiple times as that would be hugely redundant. Instead they'd put a permanent lock/ban on it.

- My test phantom did NOT have the resell slot active on another account. So as has been stated before, this has nothing to do with resell logging into the account.

- The first time my phantoms locked, I was using rest mode. This time I was shutting down completely. Same result, which shows that the power save option you're using does NOT matter.

- It's all pointing to the obvious...there was a new checking option/protocol activated with the 2.50 update. There's nothing you can do to avoid having your phantoms lock, other than being completely offline. I highly doubt this is something that Sony is going to fix, because why would they?

Sorry guys, I think we can rule PS4 phantoms as officially dead.

Cool that makes sense. I actually find both OS (OSX and Windows) usable. Windows 8 is actually much better than windows 7 and I'm not sure why it has so much hate. People mention the metro (tiles) user face being a problem but that is easily disabled and for the past 5 months I haven't even seen it. Windows 8 like windows 7 except smoother and better. I hope Windows 10 will continue in that direction.

I'll see myself out now, seeing that this is off topic.

I haven't been buying shares here because of the whole phantom fiasco and the fact that I found it easier to share an account with a friend in real life.

If there ever is a game we disagree on getting, I'll probably try one of these loan sharks :whistle2: Qdizzle that seems popular these days.

- Sony is not banning individual consoles, or doing a ban wave, period. My console was already hit with the locks, and a manual ban/ban wave would not target the same console multiple times as that would be hugely redundant. Instead they'd put a permanent lock/ban on it.

- My test phantom did NOT have the resell slot active on another account. So as has been stated before, this has nothing to do with resell logging into the account.

- The first time my phantoms locked, I was using rest mode. This time I was shutting down completely. Same result, which shows that the power save option you're using does NOT matter.

- It's all pointing to the obvious...there was a new checking option/protocol activated with the 2.50 update. There's nothing you can do to avoid having your phantoms lock, other than being completely offline. I highly doubt this is something that Sony is going to fix, because why would they?

Thanks for doing this, basically answers most of the what ifs.

Only hope is timeshares or locked spots, either way gamesharing is pretty much dead. Time to go back to gamefly.

Did you happen to use the demo at all? Or did you just wait and see what happens?

The reason I ask this is when I hady phantoms, I started them up at least twice. Once when I got up and another later on the day. When they locked, I had not done that at all. I was concerned about upgrading my hdd that day. I tried backing up my hdd then cancelled out and they locked.

I have two theories. One is that by starting the phantom daily alleviates the check and two, there is someone on these sites who works for Sony and is doing this. Most of us have our psn ids on here. Everyone who has talked about their phantoms lost them. Myself included.

Or I'm just paranoid lol.

Did you happen to use the demo at all? Or did you just wait and see what happens?

The reason I ask this is when I hady phantoms, I started them up at least twice. Once when I got up and another later on the day. When they locked, I had not done that at all. I was concerned about upgrading my hdd that day. I tried backing up my hdd then cancelled out and they locked.

I have two theories. One is that by starting the phantom daily alleviates the check and two, there is someone on these sites who works for Sony and is doing this. Most of us have our psn ids on here. Everyone who has talked about their phantoms lost them. Myself included.

Or I'm just paranoid lol.
its happenig to everyone, not just people here. ebay, gtz, cag, etc. So cant be one person doing the work

bread's done
Back