CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='langdon_alger']I PMed you about swapping ratchet for last guy, pj eden and commando 3...let me know[/QUOTE]

I already have PJ Eden and TLG

[quote name='alucard454']alright, so the gameshare group I was interested in joining has fallen apart, and it appears that the individual gameshares I was looking at have also gone away. So I suppose I will restate what i'm looking for.

firstly, i want to start a long-term gameshare (not rockband/gh stuff) for future releases (like fat princess and the next pixel junk games, etc) and maybe some very recent releases (cuboid etc). we would vote on titles, and fund the gameshare via PSN cards or paypal. all interested parties let me know. PM preferred, as I cannot get back to this thread to check every day, but I get the PM's sent to my phone.

Long-Term Future-Release Gameshare:
alucard454​
secondly, i'm also looking to buy a few older games, and would love to do a gameshare buy for them, If i can find interested parties. the games (bought separately) would be:

WipeoutHD:
alucard454​
1942:
alucard454​
Ratchet and Clank:
alucard454​
if and when i get people interested, I will update these lists and when the number hits 5, we'll arrange the buy. PM me!

thanks, everybody.[/quote]
sent you a PM I might be interested.

I just got a ps3 for Christmas and I didn't know about this gameshare thing until now. Makes me a little sad that I cannot trade some xbox360 arcade games. Anyways I have Wipeout HD. I was curious if anyone had some games they might want to trade for that? If this is not the place to post, sorry I just noticed people making requests.

Anyways short list:

Have:
Wipeout HD

Want:
Street Fighter HD
Pixel Junk Eden
Anything else that is cool

[quote name='danny8k']I'm willing to pay for a share of Cuboid if someone is interested.
let me know ^^[/QUOTE]

I have Cuboid, but only accept shares of something else

[quote name='Filler2001']Im hoping to get some of my R&C shares traded by today. Ill be on CAG a lot today so feel free to drop a PM or quote[/quote]
check your pm

[quote name='prisonerac']I just got a ps3 for Christmas and I didn't know about this gameshare thing until now. Makes me a little sad that I cannot trade some xbox360 arcade games. Anyways I have Wipeout HD. I was curious if anyone had some games they might want to trade for that? If this is not the place to post, sorry I just noticed people making requests.

Anyways short list:

Have:
Wipeout HD

Want:
Street Fighter HD
Pixel Junk Eden
Anything else that is cool[/quote]
I have Pixeljunk Eden and a few other games, check your PM.

Alright, i got a lot of PM's in the last day, and i'm going to try to sort through them and compile a new list of games/names after I respond to them all. I see some more trading going on in the thread, so some of my PM's may be obsolete now. I'll update tomorrow.

Have:

Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
Super Stardust HD
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection with Online Expansion
fl0w
3 Rock Band songs >_>

Want:

Rock Band DLC
Wipeout HD
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
other cool games/DLC

I'd be interested in joining a long-term group too.

i have
crash commando
burnout
sfhd
pain
stardust hd
blastfactor
wipeout hd
pjm
astoid tripper
pje
age of booty
lbp add-ons, all
4 ps1 games
hvb and a few more

i will be more then happy to give my info first.

looking for penny arcade.

[quote name='drobaby']i have
crash commando
burnout
sfhd
pain
stardust hd
blastfactor
wipeout hd
pjm
astoid tripper
pje
age of booty
lbp add-ons, all
4 ps1 games
hvb and a few more

i will be more then happy to give my info first.

looking for penny arcade.[/QUOTE]

any interest in the last guy or commando 3? for some of the LBP stuff (Nariko & MG level pack)?

your PM box was full.

alright, i'm collecting and sorting through PM's, but i think this is an accurate list of the currently interested parties for the individual gameshares. the long-term list is currently on hold, as I want to get these lists knocked out first. I've also added what the total price will be for each share, with paypal fees included. I'll probably try to do the buys once I get 4 total people on the lists (myself included) in the interest of saving us all some time, then if and when someone wants to buy the fifth share, they'll be available.

WipeoutHD: (each share $4.43)

alucard454
Rocha70
refraxion
Snorky17

1942: (each share $2.37)

alucard454
Rocha70

Ratchet and Clank: (each share $3.40)

alucard454
Rocha70
arnoldhead
langdon_alger

also, i'm going to start a list for Penny Arcade episode 1 and 2, to see if there is enough interest. or if it seems like people would prefer to separate them, i can do them as two different shares.

Penny Arcade Episode 1 and 2: (each share $6.49)
alucard454​

I think this is all accurate, but if anyone sees an error, PM me.

Thanks guys. I'll update again when something changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xcopy']Want to buy PSN gameshares will pay via Pay Pal. (non-cc)

Paying $2.30/$2.50 per game.

The Last Guy
Linger In Shadows
Novastrike
PAIN
Everyday Shooter
[/QUOTE]
Anyone?

[quote name='alucard454']alright, i'm collecting and sorting through PM's, but i think this is an accurate list of the currently interested parties for the individual gameshares. the long-term list is currently on hold, as I want to get these lists knocked out first. I've also added what the total price will be for each share, with paypal fees included. I'll probably try to do the buys once I get 4 total people on the lists (myself included) in the interest of saving us all some time, then if and when someone wants to buy the fifth share, they'll be available.

alucard454
Rocha70
refraxion

alucard454
Rocha70

alucard454
Rocha70
arnoldhead
langdon_alger
also, i'm going to start a list for Penny Arcade episode 1 and 2, to see if there is enough interest. or if it seems like people would prefer to separate them, i can do them as two different shares.

alucard454​

Thanks guys. I'll update again when something changes.[/quote]

Put me on for Ratchet.

I have Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Age of Booty, Street Fighter II HD Remix, Pixel Junk Eden, and I'm willing to trade for Crash Commando or Warhawk Booster Packs. Thanks

Screw this I'm going solo, since people seem to be lazy. Just bought $300 worth of PSN currency & this should last me awhile.

Last post ever on this thread!

Audi 5000 beotches...!

[quote name='langdon_alger']any interest in the last guy or commando 3? for some of the LBP stuff (Nariko & MG level pack)?

your PM box was full.[/quote]
i fixed the inbox problem, also i will try the last guy demo then get back to u on that

Does anyone know how an American can buy games off the european store? I'm willing to share savage moon after I buy it to anyone who can give me a legitimate way to do that.

I tried using a paypal secure card but it declined it just like everything else I tried.

hey guys, i've got what is probably a super-noob question, and one which i should have asked some time ago:

is there in FACT a hard limit to how many user accounts you can have on one PS3, and if so, what is that limit?

i know there are lots of people who gameshare and buy one game with one account so as to maximize their sharing possibilities, but if there is a low and hard limit to accounts, then that will end up screwing you eventually, right?

i've seen some people suggest that there's a limit, and others claim it as truth, as if they have some sure knowledge, but i've never seen anyone actually support that claim with any proof or word from sony or anything, it just seems like people passing on stories they also heard on the internet. but if i'm wrong about that, then it's a gamechanger for my gamesharing strategy, so i'm not going to assume anything at this point.

maybe i'm retarded, and it's been proven a million times, or maybe it's even hidden in the manual somewhere and i'm just a blindass mofo. which is fine. if someone can answer my question definitively, feel free to verbally abuse me all you wish, i just need an answer :)

thanks in advance CAGers.

EDIT: thanks brig and wario. crappy news, but at least I know now...

The general consensus around here seems to be that you can have 16 accounts. I don't recall seeing any proof, but feel free to hop on your ps3 and try to add more than 16 :)

[quote name='alucard454']alright, i'm collecting and sorting through PM's, but i think this is an accurate list of the currently interested parties for the individual gameshares. the long-term list is currently on hold, as I want to get these lists knocked out first. I've also added what the total price will be for each share, with paypal fees included. I'll probably try to do the buys once I get 4 total people on the lists (myself included) in the interest of saving us all some time, then if and when someone wants to buy the fifth share, they'll be available.

alucard454
Rocha70
refraxion
Snorky17

alucard454
Rocha70

alucard454
Rocha70
arnoldhead
langdon_alger

alucard454​

Thanks guys. I'll update again when something changes.[/QUOTE]

can i get in on wipeout and 1942?

Have:
Street Fighter HD
Burnout Paradise

Want:
Bionic Commando
Warhawk
Pixeljunk Monsters
Penny Arcade
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD
Ratchet and Clank

I'm new to this PSN sharing concept, so hopefully someone will respond who knows more that I do. But even if you're new to it too, PM me anyway and we'll figure it out together, because I'm ready for some new games.

[quote name='matkins']Have:
Street Fighter HD
Burnout Paradise

Want:
Bionic Commando
Warhawk
Pixeljunk Monsters
Penny Arcade
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD
Ratchet and Clank

I'm new to this PSN sharing concept, so hopefully someone will respond who knows more that I do. But even if you're new to it too, PM me anyway and we'll figure it out together, because I'm ready for some new games.[/quote]
PMd

Looking for the following games

Want:
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Wipeout HD
SSF2THD reaaaallllllly want this one :D
1942 Joint Strike
Burnout Paradise
LBP stuff
Anything else that is good, u can suggest and ill see if im interested

Have:
PJ Eden
PJMonsters
RC QFB
The Last Guy
Novastrike
Aquatopia
Operation Creature Feature
Trials of Topoq
Linger in Shadows

PM if you are interested. Looking to either gameshare or join a group. would like to join a longterm group but a single transaction one is fine.

alright guys, looks like wipeout and ratchet (EDIT: and now 1942) are full up. i'm going to be PMing everyone on the list to confirm their participation. assuming everyone replies and is still in, those buys will take place within a day or so. i've got a couple of people on a waitlist for spots, so if i don't hear from somebody on one of the lists for a dayish, i may have to bump them and let someone else take the spot. not trying to be a dick, just trying to be fair :)

LIST FULL. WipeoutHD: (each share $4.43)

alucard454
Rocha70
refraxion
Snorky17
fifth member to be determined, but spot is full.

LIST FULL. 1942: (each share $2.37)

alucard454
Rocha70
anonymous MR
JCDenton
Draccius

LIST FULL. Ratchet and Clank: (each share $3.40)

alucard454
Rocha70
arnoldhead
langdon_alger
cheezisgoooood

alucard454
Draccius
danny8k
fourth member pending

still got a spot open for 1942, and 2 spots for Penny Arcade Episodes 1&2. to clarify the language on the penny arcade list, $6.49 gets you a share in the account, which will include BOTH penny arcade games. it's not $6.49 for each game. that would be vaguely ridiculous. heh.

anyways, thanks guys for all the interest, you've been awesome. i'm really enjoying this gamesharing thing, even without having bought a single game yet :)

oh, and reply to those PM's, people! thanks!

alright guys, now that it looks like my three individual gameshare groups are going to be taken care of soon, i'm turning to the long-term gameshare group. i've gotten PMs from a few interested parties, but nothing is set in stone, so anyone else who might be interested, please PM me.

we will be primarily looking to buy future game releases, though recent games or even older games that none of the members have can also be put up for a vote. i am looking for people that will stick around for the long-term (hence the phrase long-term group), so if you're just looking for a couple of games, then we probably aren't the group for you.

also, this is not a group for DLC for disc-based games like rockband and such. i'd prefer to keep that separate. this is for games. (obvious exceptions being things like expansion packs to psn games etc).

anyways, i'm going through a pretty rigorous process of vetting before we actually put the group together and commit a single dollar to it, so this may take a while. the point is to end up with five people whose tastes in games are as similar as possible, so we will have the highest likelihood of agreeing on game purchases. i'm an economist by profession, so i can get anal with this kind of thing, but i think i'm being pretty reasonable here :)

so, anyone who is interested and thinks they can put up with my long-winded posts in a private gamesharing group, please PM me! i promise not to type so much whenever possible.

by the way, did you know there is a 5000-character limit on PMs? crazy...

thanks guys! :)

Anyone know for sure the answer to:
If you allow the Same User to Re-download the Same Content,
on to the Same Machine & Same ID,
Will that count a a new download?

For Example:
Say it was one share of 5, leaving 0 left, but that user's share gets was corrupted /damaged during a backup/or deleted
does it free up a share? suggestions or previous experience anyone

[quote name='alucard454']alright guys, looks like wipeout and ratchet are full up. i'm going to be PMing everyone on the list to confirm their participation. assuming everyone replies and is still in, those buys will take place within a day or so. i've got a couple of people on a waitlist for spots, so if i don't hear from somebody on one of the lists for a dayish, i may have to bump them and let someone else take the spot. not trying to be a dick, just trying to be fair :)

LIST FULL. WipeoutHD: (each share $4.43)

alucard454
Rocha70
refraxion
Snorky17
fifth member to be determined, but spot is full.

alucard454
Rocha70
anonymous MR
JCDenton
LIST FULL. Ratchet and Clank: (each share $3.40)

alucard454
Rocha70
arnoldhead
langdon_alger
cheezisgoooood

alucard454
Draccius
still got a spot open for 1942, and 3 spots for Penny Arcade Episodes 1&2. to clarify the language on the penny arcade list, $6.49 gets you a share in the account, which will include BOTH penny arcade games. it's not $6.49 for each game. that would be vaguely ridiculous. heh.

anyways, thanks guys for all the interest, you've been awesome. i'm really enjoying this gamesharing thing, even without having bought a single game yet :)

oh, and reply to those PM's, people! thanks![/quote]

count me in for penny arcade 1 and 2 :D

[quote name='brighenne']The share is never freed up, but since the account was already activated on that ps3, he's fine to get it and use it again.[/QUOTE]

so, if i deleted the acct. with a certain game share on it, that person couldn't "re-sell" that share to someone else? it's locked to me for life?

[quote name='langdon_alger']so, if i deleted the acct. with a certain game share on it, that person couldn't "re-sell" that share to someone else? it's locked to me for life?[/quote]

Sorry, I only meant never freed up in response to the scenario you gave. If you go to account management or whatever and deactivate that ps3 for the given account then you are free to put that share on another ps3/resell it.

I have FT 3 shares R&C: Quest for Booty, 3 shares Pixeljunk Eden, 2 shares cuboid if anyone wants. Im only trading for games, no selling (for more info see sig). PM me if interested, Ill be signed on all day I think

[quote name='Rocha70']Just wanted to throw a 'Thanks!' out to alucard for all the hard work.[/quote]

+1 you rock man

I have another pj eden code for trade.You can redeem it and share with 4 other people.I trade it for any game I don't have.Please pm me.Thank you :)

[quote name='Rocha70']Just wanted to throw a 'Thanks!' out to alucard for all the hard work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Snorky17']+1 you rock man[/QUOTE]

heh, thanks guys. look for your bribes in your mailboxes! :p

or ya know, just check your PMs tonight for account info. either way.

this gamesharing stuff is fun, but i'll go ahead and pretend it's hard work anyway, because it looks better that way.

back to the grind!

Who's in for the Ultimate Genesis Collection? It comes out next month, but I'd rather have a group ready now than later.

Estimated cost: $30/5 means $6.49 with paypal fees.

I'm in - 4 more (and a buyer) still needed.

[quote name='Foo228']Who's in for the Ultimate Genesis Collection? It comes out next month, but I'd rather have a group ready now than later.

Estimated cost: $30/5 means $6.49 with paypal fees.

I'm in - 4 more (and a buyer) still needed.[/quote]

That's a Disc release.

I know they are also doing Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star II, Comix Zone and Sonic The Hedgehog 3 for PSN and XBLA, I might be interested in those.

[quote name='Foo228']Whoa, really? That's a surprise to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ultimate Genesis Collection is disc based and have 40+ games in 720p. However some games on the disc will be available for $5 each on PSN so you might as well fork $30 for the disc version.

If there is a WIPEOUT HD group going on. Count me in. I should be checking this site daily now just to check if i get in one or not

[quote name='FlipSide']Yeah Ultimate Genesis Collection is disc based and have 40+ games in 720p. However some games on the disc will be available for $5 each on PSN so you might as well fork $30 for the disc version.[/quote]

Oh.

At least all hope isn't lost though, we could gameshare each game at $1 - preferably in a big set to save on paypal fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back