CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zero_Shadow']OK I wanted some clarifcation on the Game Sharing and things like the 80029513 for instance. This is what i attempting to do and if this is the wrong place to ask I apologize.

I recently purchased a new PS3, I had an existing one but I gave it to my moms since she has a ton of games for it. I wanted be able to do a game share with her and put the games on my new PS3 and on hers. But I wanted to give her a new PSN account so we could play some of the games online together. So im trying to figure out exactly how to do this if it is even possible if you could let me know how this would work I would appreciate it.

Thank You[/QUOTE]

It's actually the standard way gameshareing works

Your not sharing account to account. It's 5 systems per account.

So if you logged onto your account with her PS3 and activated it, she can download anything from your download list and play it, on any account on her PS3.

[quote name='Dammenion']It's actually the standard way gameshareing works

Your not sharing account to account. It's 5 systems per account.

So if you logged onto your account with her PS3 and activated it, she can download anything from your download list and play it, on any account on her PS3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ive read so much info its just all conflicting, I did have one more question so I will be able to create her a brand new PSN account so she can use the PSN and she will still be able to use the games I purchased from my current PSN account which will now be activated on the new PS3 I just purchased.

Reason im asking is that my new PS3 I purchased from my cousin had a few PSN games already on it and when I try to use them it give me the 80029513 error. According to him all he did was change the user name on the PS3 to something else and removed his PSN Account Info. So I just wanted to be sure I could do this.

Thank You again for the quick reply.

[quote name='Zero_Shadow']
Reason im asking is that my new PS3 I purchased from my cousin had a few PSN games already on it and when I try to use them it give me the 80029513 error. According to him all he did was change the user name on the PS3 to something else and removed his PSN Account Info. So I just wanted to be sure I could do this.

Thank You again for the quick reply.[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as you are within the 5 systems (including the system they were bought on, and not trying to share a game like Warhawk, SOCOM, GT5 Prologue) you shouldn't have a problem.

The reason you got access errors before is your Cousin broke the link locally. If you were to log back onto PSN with account the games were bought on before and start a download on one of those games it would reestablish the link and the games would work again. You don't even need to complete the download (if it's still on the drive)

Thanks Dammenion I really do appreciate your help Ive read several forums and all the information is conflicting. I did have one more question I apologize in advance but since he changed the Username that was on the PS3 to begin with (he doesnt remember what it originally was) Im assuming thats what you mean by he broke the link locally?

With him not remembering the orignial username for the PS3 can I change the current username (He picked the worst name ever ;)), login into his PSN account and reactivate all the games and it will still work the way you are describing?

Again Thank you very much for your help

[quote name='Dammenion']Yes, as long as you are within the 5 systems (including the system they were bought on, and not trying to share a game like Warhawk, SOCOM, GT5 Prologue) you shouldn't have a problem.

The reason you got access errors before is your Cousin broke the link locally. If you were to log back onto PSN with account the games were bought on before and start a download on one of those games it would reestablish the link and the games would work again. You don't even need to complete the download (if it's still on the drive)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zero_Shadow']Thanks Dammenion I really do appreciate your help Ive read several forums and all the information is conflicting. I did have one more question I apologize in advance but since he changed the Username that was on the PS3 to begin with (he doesnt remember what it originally was) Im assuming thats what you mean by he broke the link locally?

With him not remembering the orignial username for the PS3 can I change the current username (He picked the worst name ever ;)), login into his PSN account and reactivate all the games and it will still work the way you are describing?

Again Thank you very much for your help[/QUOTE]from what I understand of your situation. He deactivated his PSN account and that is why you can't access the games. If he gives you his account info again, than you can play them. Think of it as the liscense. The user name doesn't mean anything. That's only for your eyes basically. And has nothing to do with the process of game sharing (kinda). I believe press triangle and you can change it.

Ok so basically I just get his PSN info login, go into the store, reactivate the games log out, and then login with my PSN right if so cool. Thanks for your advice shadowkast :applause:

[quote name='shadowkast']from what I understand of your situation. He deactivated his PSN account and that is why you can't access the games. If he gives you his account info again, than you can play them. Think of it as the liscense. The user name doesn't mean anything. That's only for your eyes basically. And has nothing to do with the process of game sharing (kinda). I believe press triangle and you can change it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zero_Shadow']Ok so basically I just get his PSN info login, go into the store, reactivate the games log out, and then login with my PSN right if so cool. Thanks for your advice shadowkast :applause:[/QUOTE]

You pretty much already got the answer.

But activation is a two step process. When you download a game your hardware is registered with Sony's servers and the file belongs to the user that downloaded it. Unless he deactivated it through system management then that PS3 is still registered with Sony's server but the owner no longer has a matching PSN account on the system, so your PS3 wont play the games.

You can see the owner of the file by pressing triangle on the file and going to information, it's under 'owner'. That owner must have a matching user account on the PS3 for the file to work.

If you log onto the account it was bought on and start a download it will update the owner and reestablish the link. You can cancel the download and still be ok since activation happens before the actual file starts to download.

As long as he didn't deactivate through system management you wont take up another activation slot since the hardware is already registered with Sony's Servers.

OK thats where I get lost at about the activation and deactivation part sorry didnt mean to take over the thread.

[quote name='Dammenion']You pretty much already got the answer.

But activation is a two step process. When you download a game your hardware is registered with Sony's servers and the file belongs to the user that downloaded it. Unless he deactivated it through system management then that PS3 is still registered with Sony's server but the owner no longer has a matching PSN account on the system, so your PS3 wont play the games.

You can see the owner of the file by pressing triangle on the file and going to information, it's under 'owner'. That owner must have a matching user account on the PS3 for the file to work.

If you log onto the account it was bought on and start a download it will update the owner and reestablish the link. You can cancel the download and still be ok since activation happens before the actual file starts to download.

As long as he didn't deactivate through system management you wont take up another activation slot since the hardware is already registered with Sony's Servers.[/QUOTE]

Anyone want to join a long term Rock Band DLC group?

Our group kinda died off, so we need 2 replacements. We don't really stick with just one type of rock, so we'd like someone who could appreciate more than just one type of genre. We also would like someone who can commit to voting for each week's DLC. If you want more details you can PM me or bornrunnin31.

Anyone have a PAIN group? I'd like to try this game, and figured for $2, why not. Not sure if it's my type of game or not, but looked interesting from the stuff I've seen. I'm not really interested in the DLC right away, I'd like to try the game first.

[quote name='brett2007']Anyone have a PAIN group? I'd like to try this game, and figured for $2, why not. Not sure if it's my type of game or not, but looked interesting from the stuff I've seen. I'm not really interested in the DLC right away, I'd like to try the game first.[/QUOTE]

I have pain voucher i haven't redeem yet. Lemme know what you have to share and we can work something out.

On the other hand anyone willing to share Fat Princess beta (if it's still going on)? I have uncharted 2 beta/pain to share.

[quote name='Dammenion']You pretty much already got the answer......[edited for length].....wow!![/QUOTE]damn you make things sound alot harder than they really are. I fully understand gamesharing and your message still cunfused me.:D

Alright, I've talked to Millertime2523 and he is going to sell his PS1 Gameshare for $36. We have the first 30 games released, missing the newest 9. This is a permanent group with 4 dedicated members who are eager to purchase the 9 new games. PM me for more details. He will deactivate his share as soon as the payment is received. Please someone!

Looking to start a group to share episodes of X-Play. I don't have G4 anymore, and am tired of messing with torrents. If anyone is interested please send me a PM. Each episode is $1.99 so it will be $20/year or $10/6 months for a 5 person group.

I've already downloaded one episode to make sure it is shareable. I also manage three other gamesharing groups, so everything will go smoothly.

[quote name='naes']Alright, I've talked to Millertime2523 and he is going to sell his PS1 Gameshare for $36. We have the first 30 games released, missing the newest 9. This is a permanent group with 4 dedicated members who are eager to purchase the 9 new games. PM me for more details. He will deactivate his share as soon as the payment is received. Please someone![/QUOTE]
Miller has sold his share! :D

[quote name='brewer']Hey I am looking to start up a long term DLC group for Rock Band Unplugged.
Details of the share:

• The Price of the DLC is $1.99 per song. You can check out what DLC is available here.So far 10 songs are available to be purchased.
  • This long term group will keep up with the DLC releases for Rock Band Unplugged.
  • Each member will deposit $10. Each Thursday that DLC is released I will Download the new Songs. Once the funds in the PlayStation Wallet drop below $10 each member will deposit $10 again.
  • The DLC will be purchased on a Canadian PSN account. Prices on a Canadian Account are the same as on a US account, and there is a 13% tax rate.
  • For those of you living in the US, depending on the exchange rate, you may actually get the DLC cheaper. Currently to send $10 CAD Using Paypal you only need to send $8.85 USD(fees not included).For those of you living in Canada your $10 will actually be worth $10.;)
  • In order to deposit funds into a Canadian PSN account you need a Canadian Credit Card. American Credit Cards and PSN cards will not work. If you do not have a Canadian Credit Card the money can be sent to me through Paypal, though Paypal fees would need to be added.
  • Can purchase other PSP games and DLC if all members agree. Extra money would need to be deposited.
Is anyone interested?[/QUOTE]I would be interested as long as we found reliable people and it's only for Rock Band DLC. PSP Gamesharing works exactly the same as PS3 sharing?

[quote name='Torrwin']Looking to start a group to share episodes of X-Play. I don't have G4 anymore, and am tired of messing with torrents. If anyone is interested please send me a PM. Each episode is $1.99 so it will be $20/year or $10/6 months for a 5 person group.

I've already downloaded one episode to make sure it is shareable. I also manage three other gamesharing groups, so everything will go smoothly.[/QUOTE]my movies or videos show up in the movie dl list, but ill check again to see. i havnt checked it since the update

[quote name='Torrwin']Looking to start a group to share episodes of X-Play. I don't have G4 anymore, and am tired of messing with torrents. If anyone is interested please send me a PM. Each episode is $1.99 so it will be $20/year or $10/6 months for a 5 person group.

I've already downloaded one episode to make sure it is shareable. I also manage three other gamesharing groups, so everything will go smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Go on iTunes & subscribe to their podcast for FREE!

[quote name='coryhdollar']I am starting a long term PSN group for PSN, PS1, and maybe some DLC (NO Music DLC). PM me if interested and for details.[/QUOTE]

which specific titles are u looking at?

Probably already been answered but can you gameshare TV shows?, etc Or does it only count for video game stuff?

Ok so I am trying to make a group of random PSN/PSX games sharing group so far:

Games:
- FFVII (By Ohboy10451)
- Pain (By me)
- Waiting on applications

Any games on PSN/PSX are welcome. This will be good for those bought 1 games and looking to have other games without paying again.

[quote name='Blackout']Probably already been answered but can you gameshare TV shows?, etc Or does it only count for video game stuff?[/QUOTE]

Dunno about all shows, but you can share X-Play. When you download something press triangle and select "Information". A message will scroll across the bottom telling you whether or not it can be shared.

If anyone is willing, I am looking to just temporary GameShare. I want to expand my trophy collection, but I don't want to buy games. I simply want to get on your account to download the games and get the trophies. Afterwards, I will deactivate my system. I simply just want to get trophies. PM if you are willing. I might be getting some PS1 games so you can get something out of this. I might also be getting future game codes from GameStop so look out.

Interested in MOST of the current PSone Classic titles?

Don't want to spend money on ABYSMAL games like Bowling?

Long-Term PSone Classics Group!

Current Titles for Purchase (pending):
2Xtreme - $5.99
Cool Boarders - $5.99
Crash Bandicoot 2 - $5.99
Crash Bandicoot: Warped - $5.99
Hot Shots Golf 2 - $5.99
Jet Moto 2 - $5.99
Jumping Flash! - $5.99
King of Fighters '99 - $5.99
Medal of Honor - $5.99
MediEvil - $5.99
R-Type Delta - $5.99
Rally Cross - $5.99
Rayman - $5.99
Rayman 2: The Great Escape - $5.99
Sno-Cross Championship Racing - $5.99
Spyro the Dragon - $5.99
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - $5.99
Spyro: Year of the Dragon - $5.99
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - $5.99
Suikoden - $5.99
Syphon Filter - $5.99
Syphon Filter 3 - $5.99
Tekken 2 - $5.99
Twisted Metal 2 - $5.99
Warhawk - $5.99
Wild Arms - $5.99
WipeOut - $5.99

Castlevania: SotN - $9.99
Final Fantasy VII - $9.99
Resident Evil: Director's Cut - $9.99

Slots Available (3/5):
1) helmet
2) dubbfoolio
3)
4)
5)

Rules (pending):
- Serious members ONLY! Anyone that is not active and committed will cause issues as this group is looking to purchase most future games!
- 3/5 required for any purchase.
- Group will maintain an active balance.

Final Price: $38.34 USD

Last edited by a moderator:
V4oLDbOY, yes Rock Band DLC is sharable and work on both Rock Band 1 and 2. The export code to transfer the Rock Band 1 disc songs to Rock Band 2 is also sharable.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I would be interested as long as we found reliable people and it's only for Rock Band DLC. PSP Gamesharing works exactly the same as PS3 sharing?[/QUOTE]

Well the plan is to buy Rock Band Unplugged DLC, and possibly some other PSP games/DLC in the future if people want. Don't worry if other games or dlc are bought on the account and you are not interested, your money wont go towards them. And Reliable people are always a must :).

Now when it comes to PSP gamesharing I am not 100% sure if it works the same way. I haven't done it before, and it has been asked a couple times on this board and no one seems to know (and if someone is reading this and you do know, please let me know).

Since I don't know for sure if it works and you've been here for 6 years so I know you aren't a scamer, I could give you the account info to try to download the DLC and make sure that you can have more then one PSP tied to a PSN account. And if it works then you can sign up for the first slot.

Let me know if you are interested.

If anyone is willing, I am looking to just temporary GameShare. I want to expand my trophy collection, but I don't want to buy games. I simply want to get on your account to download the games and get the trophies. Afterwards, I will deactivate my system. I simply just want to get trophies. PM if you are willing. I might be getting some PS1 games so you can get something out of this. I might also be getting future game codes from GameStop so look out.

Ok so I am trying to make a group of random PSN/PSX games sharing group so far:

Games:
- FFVII (By Ohboy10451)
- Pain (By me)
- Wipeout HD, KZ2 mappack, SFA, (By gsiris87)

Special Interested:
- worm
- Resident Evil

Any games on PSN/PSX are welcome. This will be good for those bought 1 or some games and looking to have other games without paying again.

Has anyone put much thought into forming a 1943 Group? I'm under the impression that the game is coming out at the end of the month. As is Fat Princess. My sources could be misleading.
In anycase if anyone wants to form a group for those two, count me in.

i stopped playing on ps3 for a long time, just started playing again i would love to get in with luna but all i have is calling all cars and that is old as crap :)

[quote name='tarouza']i stopped playing on ps3 for a long time, just started playing again i would love to get in with luna but all i have is calling all cars and that is old as crap :)[/QUOTE]

If you meant my group I have no problem if the other 2 members willing =)

Interested in MOST of the current PSone Classic titles?

Don't want to spend money on ABYSMAL games like Bowling?

Long-Term PSone Classics Group!

Current Titles for Purchase (pending):
2Xtreme - $5.99
Cool Boarders - $5.99
Crash Bandicoot 2 - $5.99
Crash Bandicoot: Warped - $5.99
Hot Shots Golf 2 - $5.99
Jet Moto 2 - $5.99
Jumping Flash! - $5.99
King of Fighters '99 - $5.99
Medal of Honor - $5.99
MediEvil - $5.99
R-Type Delta - $5.99
Rally Cross - $5.99
Rayman - $5.99
Rayman 2: The Great Escape - $5.99
Sno-Cross Championship Racing - $5.99
Spyro the Dragon - $5.99
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - $5.99
Spyro: Year of the Dragon - $5.99
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - $5.99
Suikoden - $5.99
Syphon Filter - $5.99
Syphon Filter 3 - $5.99
Tekken 2 - $5.99
Twisted Metal 2 - $5.99
Warhawk - $5.99
Wild Arms - $5.99
WipeOut - $5.99

Castlevania: SotN - $9.99
Final Fantasy VII - $9.99
Resident Evil: Director's Cut - $9.99

Slots Available (3/5):
1) helmet
2) dubbfoolio
3)
4)
5)

Rules (pending):
- Serious members ONLY! Anyone that is not active and committed will cause issues as this group is looking to purchase most future games!
- 3/5 required for any purchase.
- Group will maintain an active balance.

Final Price: $38.34 USD

Not sure on psp DLC since Rock Band Unplugged is the first to include it, but when it comes to game, you can share. The only caveat is that you can only have one account "activated" at a time on your PSP. So for instance say you have a personal account you downloaded a game on and also want to get another via gamesharing. You can have both games downloaded to the same memory stick, but when you go to play the game it will give you an error saying you do not have access if the acount that purchased the game is not activated at the time.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize trading/selling Uncharted 2 beta codes is not allowed on CAG. Most sincere apologies.

[quote name='brewer']V4oLDbOY, yes Rock Band DLC is sharable and work on both Rock Band 1 and 2. The export code to transfer the Rock Band 1 disc songs to Rock Band 2 is also sharable.

Well the plan is to buy Rock Band Unplugged DLC, and possibly some other PSP games/DLC in the future if people want. Don't worry if other games or dlc are bought on the account and you are not interested, your money wont go towards them. And Reliable people are always a must :).

Now when it comes to PSP gamesharing I am not 100% sure if it works the same way. I haven't done it before, and it has been asked a couple times on this board and no one seems to know (and if someone is reading this and you do know, please let me know).

Since I don't know for sure if it works and you've been here for 6 years so I know you aren't a scamer, I could give you the account info to try to download the DLC and make sure that you can have more then one PSP tied to a PSN account. And if it works then you can sign up for the first slot.

Let me know if you are interested.[/QUOTE]Thanks, definitely interested as long as we can get a full five person group that commits to it. Sharing should work since I looked up the Rock Band PSP DLC on the PSN store and the fine print mentions that you have five PSP activations allowed.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Not sure on psp DLC since Rock Band Unplugged is the first to include it, but when it comes to game, you can share. The only caveat is that you can only have one account "activated" at a time on your PSP. So for instance say you have a personal account you downloaded a game on and also want to get another via gamesharing. You can have both games downloaded to the same memory stick, but when you go to play the game it will give you an error saying you do not have access if the acount that purchased the game is not activated at the time.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info, that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back