CAG PSN Gamesharing - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in starting a DanceDanceRevolution DLC group? I plan to get all the DLC released for this game, so please only join if you want all of it as well.

Slots Available: 3
1. naes
2. xeno

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in starting a DDR song sharing group? This group is mainly for people who want the Japanese songs rather than all the songs. Not sure how much songs are yet or any details of DLC, so I can't really give any details about that. If interested, let me know so I can save a spot for you. More details will be posted as we learn more about how the DLC for DDR will be sold.

SPOTS: (2 OPEN)
1. WiiShopChannels
2. WiiShopChannels
3. jp554731
I will send a PM where we can discuss how we want to do the payments and all, but we can't really talk about anything else cause we don't know how its gonna be sold yet. There is now 2 open spot.

So I am deffintly interested in this but first want to make sure I understand how exactly this works. So can someone tell me if I have this straight?

You do not use your main PSN account. Instead a special account is set up that up to 5 people can log in to. People with access to that account can then purchase games, and any game that is purchased is purchased by the whole group but the cost of the game is divided by the number of people in the group. So for instance if the group purchased a $10 game it would be $2 each instead of $10 to buy normally?

If this is the way it works I am very interested, but have 1 big question first. What happens if my PS3 dies and I have to get a new one? I have read that Sony lets you re download a game you have purchased on up to 5 systems. Since the game is already on 5 systems does this no long hold true meaning ill be forced to rebuy the game on my own? Or can I still re download the game on a few new systems?

If everything works out as I think and the rebuy policy isnt that bad as I said I am definitely interested. I have little interest in DLC but would buy tons and tons of games, interested in everything from original stuff like Stardust, flower and PJM to the old PSN stuff.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So I am deffintly interested in this but first want to make sure I understand how exactly this works. So can someone tell me if I have this straight?

You do not use your main PSN account. Instead a special account is set up that up to 5 people can log in to. People with access to that account can then purchase games, and any game that is purchased is purchased by the whole group but the cost of the game is divided by the number of people in the group. So for instance if the group purchased a $10 game it would be $2 each instead of $10 to buy normally?

If this is the way it works I am very interested, but have 1 big question first. What happens if my PS3 dies and I have to get a new one? I have read that Sony lets you re download a game you have purchased on up to 5 systems. Since the game is already on 5 systems does this no long hold true meaning ill be forced to rebuy the game on my own? Or can I still re download the game on a few new systems?

If everything works out as I think and the rebuy policy isnt that bad as I said I am definitely interested. I have little interest in DLC but would buy tons and tons of games, interested in everything from original stuff like Stardust, flower and PJM to the old PSN stuff.[/QUOTE]

I am new to this as well and am starting a group. I already have 1 other person interested if I can get a group going. PM me if you are interested. My group is basically gonna be about getting any game anyone is interested in. Anything from PSN games, PS1 classics, etc. Eventually over time we would have a big collection. We would also buy dlc if anyone wanted it.

[quote name='Toke2Choke']I am new to this as well and am starting a group. I already have 1 other person interested if I can get a group going. PM me if you are interested. My group is basically gonna be about getting games and eventually over time we would have a big collection. We would also buy dlc if anyone wanted it.[/QUOTE]

If people can confirm that it works in the way I stated above I would deffintly be interested in joining a group with you guys. Only games I currently own are Jumping Flash, Noby Noby boy, Trash Panic, PixelJunk Eden and Suikoden.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Anyone interested in starting a DDR song sharing group? This group is mainly for people who want the Japanese songs rather than all the songs. Not sure how much songs are yet or any details of DLC, so I can't really give any details about that. If interested, let me know so I can save a spot for you. More details will be posted as we learn more about how the DLC for DDR will be sold.

1. WiiShopChannels
2. WiiShopChannels
3. jp554731
I will send a PM where we can discuss how we want to do the payments and all, but we can't really talk about anything else cause we don't know how its gonna be sold yet. There is now 2 open spot.[/QUOTE]

There's a DDR game out for PS3?

I'm always interested in DDR. If there's a spot when more information is available, I may be interested.

[quote name='Rig']There's a DDR game out for PS3?

I'm always interested in DDR. If there's a spot when more information is available, I may be interested.[/QUOTE]

well what kind of information are u looking for? PM it to me and I will answer what I can answer.

[quote name='Rig']There's a DDR game out for PS3?

I'm always interested in DDR. If there's a spot when more information is available, I may be interested.[/QUOTE]
It was announced at E3.

[quote name='naes']Anyone interested in starting a DanceDanceRevolution DLC group? I plan to get all the DLC released for this game, so please only join if you want all of it as well.

1. naes
2. xeno
5.[/QUOTE]
Down to 3 slots now.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Hi guys, I'm selling my spot in a Killzone 2 DLC group. Stupid me didn't realize it was for all the DLC and I no longer own, so if you want in, shoot me a PM.

Also looking for a FF7 share.[/QUOTE]

Still needing both of these.

Just a invite to anyone with Burnout Paradise. I would like to trade, I have a fair amount of games, PM me if you are interested and ill list what games i have up for trade.

Cheers.

[quote name='Brockothoko']Just a invite to anyone with Burnout Paradise. I would like to trade, I have a fair amount of games, PM me if you are interested and ill list what games i have up for trade.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Huh, didnt know you could trade PSN games. Hows that work?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Huh, didnt know you could trade PSN games. Hows that work?[/QUOTE]
...This whole thread is dedicated to stuff like that.

[quote name='naes']...This whole thread is dedicated to stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

Well I thought it was dedicated to finding a group to join so you could buy games as a group for cheaper then the standard price. I didnt know there was a way to trade a game you had already bought to someone else. I just got my PS3 a few weeks ago so dont really know about any of this yet(thus why I asked questions on the last page).

So how exactly do you go about trading a game to another person? Have a few like Noby Noby and Trash Panic I wouldn't mind trading.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Well I thought it was dedicated to finding a group to join so you could buy games as a group for cheaper then the standard price. I didnt know there was a way to trade a game you had already bought to someone else. I just got my PS3 a few weeks ago so dont really know about any of this yet(thus why I asked questions on the last page).

So how exactly do you go about trading a game to another person? Have a few like Noby Noby and Trash Panic I wouldn't mind trading.[/QUOTE]
Well, you are trading your whole account and all the downloads on it. You just give each other access to your accounts, download the stuff then change your password afterwards. You can only "trade" 4 times, aka you can only activate your account on 4 other PS3s. It's MUCH easier to just get into a dedicated sharing group.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Well I thought it was dedicated to finding a group to join so you could buy games as a group for cheaper then the standard price. I didnt know there was a way to trade a game you had already bought to someone else. I just got my PS3 a few weeks ago so dont really know about any of this yet(thus why I asked questions on the last page).

So how exactly do you go about trading a game to another person? Have a few like Noby Noby and Trash Panic I wouldn't mind trading.[/QUOTE]

First post in this thread is the FAQ

[quote name='MSI Magus']Which I have already read. Doesnt mean I dont have a few questions.[/QUOTE]

That's cool that you actually read the first post. Seems every few pages someone new comes and it's explained how it works again and again.

Most of us here are more then willing to help out when asked but it does get frustrating after awhile since it's so often and with a search most questions would be answered.

Group game sharing and trading work similar, you can have 5 PS3's on an account at once. If your system dies your probably screwed unless one of the other 4 are willing to deactivate to free up a slot for you again, or you can talk Sony into deactivating your dead system.

Trading isn't done as often here since you can only have 16 user accounts on your PS3 at a time, so most people here go for long term groups.

I personally never give access to my main account on the chance my PS3 dies I don't want to be locked out. So for trading I'll make a new account, buy a few games and trade that way. Another advantage of doing it that way is if you hit your 5 users (remember your PS3 counts as one of the 5) you can make another account buy a few more games to trade with again.

[quote name='Dammenion']That's cool that you actually read the first post. Seems every few pages someone new comes and it's explained how it works again and again.

Most of us here are more then willing to help out when asked but it does get frustrating after awhile since it's so often and with a search most questions would be answered.

Group game sharing and trading work similar, you can have 5 PS3's on an account at once. If your system dies your probably screwed unless one of the other 4 are willing to deactivate to free up a slot for you again, or you can talk Sony into deactivating your dead system.

Trading isn't done as often here since you can only have 16 user accounts on your PS3 at a time, so most people here go for long term groups.

I personally never give access to my main account on the chance my PS3 dies I don't want to be locked out. So for trading I'll make a new account, buy a few games and trade that way. Another advantage of doing it that way is if you hit your 5 users (remember your PS3 counts as one of the 5) you can make another account buy a few more games to trade with again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding! Might still do this but the whole 5 account thing really makes me nervous. Id hate to have my PS3 die on me in a few years and then be screwed out of being able to re download my game. Might be worth it for some of the more pricey games but on these $5 games you really arnt spending that much more.

[quote name='Dammenion']If your system dies your probably screwed unless one of the other 4 are willing to deactivate to free up a slot for you again, or you can talk Sony into deactivating your dead system.[/QUOTE]
IIRC, StrandedBrit said that Sony can deactivate an account from a dead PS3 and that you just have to reactivate it on every PS3 the account is on. Also, when my PS3 died, I was able to deactivate the accounts before sending it into Sony, but they said if worse comes to worse, they'll "take care of it for you". So I'm sure you can get Sony to deactivate accounts.

[quote name='naes']IIRC, StrandedBrit said that Sony can deactivate an account from a dead PS3 and that you just have to reactivate it on every PS3 the account is on. Also, when my PS3 died, I was able to deactivate the accounts before sending it into Sony, but they said if worse comes to worse, they'll "take care of it for you". So I'm sure you can get Sony to deactivate accounts.[/QUOTE]

See and if that's the case ill join a group....or several groups and buy dozens of games. I guess what I should do is just email Sony customer support and ask them the question. If they say that they can do a deactivation to make sure you can always redownload a game in case your PS3 dies then I can feel safe since I can always just forward the email if they ever give me a hard time.

[quote name='naes']IIRC, StrandedBrit said that Sony can deactivate an account from a dead PS3 and that you just have to reactivate it on every PS3 the account is on. Also, when my PS3 died, I was able to deactivate the accounts before sending it into Sony, but they said if worse comes to worse, they'll "take care of it for you". So I'm sure you can get Sony to deactivate accounts.[/QUOTE]

I've heard mixed reports on that. It seems to depend on the person you get on the phone and how you word it. But if you get an ass on the phone you can always call back and try again with someone else ;)

And your right. As long as your system isn't completely dead you can deactivate all your accounts before shipping off. I'm waiting on Sony to send me mine back right now. Luckily I wasn't completely dead. just 'mostly dead' lol so I didn't lose any activation slots either.

[quote name='Supreme']Well, looks like our Rock Band DLC group needs one more member. If anyone is interested in a long term group, PM me.[/QUOTE]

i would like to join

I am also looking for a group to: Long-Term PSN Game Group

I am still looking for a group that is interested in high-profile PSN Games (and expansions) associated with these games. Some examples would include:

Crash Commando
Comet Crash
Burn Zombie Burn
Super Stardust HD + Expansions
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Ratchet & Clank Game

Final Fantasy 7
Metal Gear Solid
Pixel Junk Monsters + Encore Expansion
Pixel Junk Elements

If there is also interest in the group, we can also get DLC for non-music related games people are interested in such as burnout packs like big surf island

The Current Group:
1) RoganSarine
2) MSI Magus (?)
3) sykopaf
4)
5)

I am also looking for a group to: Rock Band DLC Long-Term Gameshare Group
The Current Group:
1) RoganSarine
2) CoreyVF
3) llchromell
4)
5)

How it will work:
-$10-$15 * each a month (either everyone log on and deposit money into the PS wallet or send me though paypal, though fees would have to be added)

* Price is negotiable -- See point (#)

-Concentrate mostly on new releases, and old releases that everyone in the group wants.
- (#) We buy DLC based on majority vote from the group (IE: 3/5 votes to buy the DLC for a certain song ; please be open minded for genres)
-Hopefully eventually get all good/worthwhile Rock Band DLC
-Can also do game shares of certain games if *all* members agree. Extra money would have to be deposited for game shares.

If anyone is interested with any of the games I want, and have ones I don't, I'd be glad to buy a couple and then share them with you for the ones you got.

Just PM me and we can work something out! I am looking for people who can actively respond to my PM's and not get a message once a week. Serious people only please.

* I am on vacation from June 29th to July 3rd and will be unable to respond. If your interested in the game share group- PM MSI magus

Anyone interested in starting a DDR song sharing group? This group is mainly for people who want the Japanese songs rather than all the songs. Not sure how much songs are yet or any details of DLC, so I can't really give any details about that. If interested, let me know so I can save a spot for you. More details will be posted as we learn more about how the DLC for DDR will be sold.

1. WiiShopChannels
2. WiiShopChannels
3. jp554731
I will send a PM where we can discuss how we want to do the payments and all, but we can't really talk about anything else cause we don't know how its gonna be sold yet. There is now 2 open spot.

So I am reading over Sony's DRM policy and other stuff related to PSN and found this

If you have logged in and played on one PLAYSTATION 3, you must wait 24 hours before you can play on a different PLAYSTATION 3.

Does this mean that if I bought a game for instance Trash Panic with a friend and the friend plays it on his PS3 ill be forced to wait 24 hours before I can play it on mine?

[quote name='MSI Magus']So I am reading over Sony's DRM policy and other stuff related to PSN and found this

Does this mean that if I bought a game for instance Trash Panic with a friend and the friend plays it on his PS3 ill be forced to wait 24 hours before I can play it on mine?[/QUOTE]
Nah, people on the same share can even play the game together at the same time. I'm not really sure why Sony says that, but I don't think it's true.

hey guys i have interessed?

rampage
bejeweled2
wheel of fortune
twisted metal 2
castlevania sotn
cod 5 map pack 1
smackdown vs raw dlc

by the way im looking for bomberman and ff7

i would like to have 2 share of bomberman and 1 ff7

i have nhl arcade and burnout paradise

if u have bomberman (2 share ) i will accept bomberman +$ fro burnout and nhl arcade

for ff7 i can start a group or i can buy a share plzz pm me guys thx

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I've only heard that's an issue with retail games on PSN like Burnout, GT5 or Warhawk.[/QUOTE]
Not Burnout. It's GT5, Warhawk and Socom.

http://www.r4-card.com
r4-card.com have the hottest selection of R4 DS cards, R4 DSi cards, M3 real cards, and the NEW Acekard 2 downloads. We hope you benefit greatly from using this site whilst getting truly the easiest media enhancers you could ever imagine having for your DS console!

I have $10 PSN voucher. Looking for a short term group that want to buy different PSN games for $10 a share. Games will be vote on upon group completion. PM me if you're interested in getting 5 (or more) games for $10 =)

Hey guys, Im just curious...

with the add on content you have to have it from the same region as your actual game so will the add on content be the same as how we have PAL in Aust, NZ and England. Or would it be JUST the country you bought it from, because im Australian and someone offered to trade me burnout but im not from the same region as he is so id have to work very hard to find add ons from North Americans.

[quote name='Brockothoko']Hey guys, Im just curious...

with the add on content you have to have it from the same region as your actual game so will the add on content be the same as how we have PAL in Aust, NZ and England. Or would it be JUST the country you bought it from, because im Australian and someone offered to trade me burnout but im not from the same region as he is so id have to work very hard to find add ons from North Americans.[/QUOTE]
I'm not positive but I'm fairly sure that the DLC needs to be from the same region as the game itself.

Still working on getting a group together that is interested in purchasing high profile/quality PSN games. We wouldn't be looking at a lot of DLC but it will be entertained if most of the group is interested in it. We are still discussing PSX games and just how many of them we will look at but so far it seems the group has at least some interest in them. We plan on buying a lot of games pretty fast but also want to find someone that is interested in continuing to buy a lot of content. Games that we are currently looking at grabbing.

Crash Commando
Comet Crash
Burn Zombie Burn
Super Stardust HD + Expansions
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Ratchet & Clank Game
Final Fantasy 7
Metal Gear Solid
Pixel Junk Monsters + Encore Expansion
Pixel Junk Elements
Fat Princess

The Current Group:
1) RoganSarine
2) MSI Magus
3) sykopaf
4) pjb16
5)

Hey Still have 2 more slots in my Rock Band Unplugged DLC group.

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo
3.modium

Details of the share:
  • This long term group will keep up with the DLC releases for Rock Band Unplugged.
  • Each member will deposit $10. Each Thursday that DLC is released I will Download the new Songs. Once the funds in the PlayStation Wallet drop below $10 each member will deposit $10 again.
  • Can purchase other PSP games and DLC if members agree. Extra money would need to be deposited.
PM me if interested or are looking for more details.

Burnout Paradise Group: Game Plus DLC

Hey looking to start a Burnout Paradise Group for the game and all the current released DLC, plus any DLC that comes in the future.

We will be buying:
  • The game and Party Pack - $29.99
  • Legendary Cars - $7.99
  • Toys Pack - $12.99
  • Boost Specials - $7.99
  • Cops and Robbers Pack - $9.99
  • Big Surf Island - $12.99
Total = $81.94
Split 5 ways = $16.39 (without taxes and paypal fees(if applicable))

Currently I have 2 slots left:
1. brewer
2. kissinger99
3. RoganSarine

PM me if you are interested or want more information.

So, did anyone else pick up Guitar Hero World Tour from Amazon today? I did, and I'm considering trying to find a gameshare for the DLC for the game.

[quote name='naes']Anyone interested in starting a DanceDanceRevolution DLC group? I plan to get all the DLC released for this game, so please only join if you want all of it as well.

1. naes
2. xeno
5.[/QUOTE]
Anyone else interested?

[quote name='YodaEXE']So, did anyone else pick up Guitar Hero World Tour from Amazon today? I did, and I'm considering trying to find a gameshare for the DLC for the game.[/QUOTE]
I picked it up at Sam's Club today. I'd be interested in a group.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Out of curiosity, why?[/QUOTE]

has to be most desperate CAG. He is spamming this thread. He has at least 4 identical threads in the trading section. Continues to post the same crap in unrelated places. Have gotten multiple messages from him here and on PSN. I know I cant be the only CAG who feels this way!

[quote name='ohboy10451']has to be most desperate CAG. He is spamming this thread. He has at least 4 identical threads in the trading section. Continues to post the same crap in unrelated places. Have gotten multiple messages from him here and on PSN. I know I cant be the only CAG who feels this way![/QUOTE]
Yikes. Yeah, looking around he does spam a fair amount. Haven't gotten any messages from him though.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Yikes. Yeah, looking around he does spam a fair amount. Haven't gotten any messages from him though.[/QUOTE]

Just wait I have gotten 2 pm's from him this week alone.

Hey wtf is ur problem ohboy, im selling my share i dont see a problem?

i just trade my share, to skylinersx tell him if i was a scam i dont think so page 231-232 he thanks me.....

[quote name='thelifepa25']Hey wtf is ur problem ohboy, im selling my share i dont see a problem?[/QUOTE]

there's a wrong way & a right way to go about it. Guess which way your going? You've been on this site long enough to know the difference. If this is considered ok then I will spam myself then

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back