CAG PSN Gaming Group (Up and running!!)

Downloaded Calling All Cars tonight. That game is pretty cool. I've got to get some time in so I can improve. I'm looking forward to mixing it up with my fellow CAGs! Add me to your buddy list if you'd like.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I no longer have Resistance. I put the Resistance money towards my Bioshock preorder. I figured I would play Warhawk more when it comes out and it will only cost me $8.[/QUOTE]Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? Resistance is one of the best PS3 games (best for most). It's definitely worth it to keep for a while, since it has a large community and stuff. I may not own Warhawk for a while. :(

got my ps3 couple weeks ago, just got resistances hit me up at iGhosty plus i'm getting warhawk and can't wait for the CAG clan :)

[quote name='MrBrando']geez, where is everyone? Only manakinght and darknyss were on tonite.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's part of the reason I ended up getting off, because I couldn't find anyone. No one even posted at this thread after I did (except you).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, that's part of the reason I ended up getting off, because I couldn't find anyone. No one even posted at this thread after I did (except you).[/quote]

Well for me, weekdays are not good gaming nights :/

I can usually slip in some playing time around 1 PM Pacific Time or in the morning from 8-10 AM, other than that, I'm free for the weekends. Reasons being are work and college.

How did Tuesday become Resistance night? They should switch it to Saturday :D

ya saturday would be good for me. Once school starts its going to start getting crazy tryin go play all these great games coming out and finish papers at the same time :hot:

[quote name='ighosty']ya saturday would be good for me. Once school starts its going to start getting crazy tryin go play all these great games coming out and finish papers at the same time :hot:[/quote]

I'm actually working on an Oral Interpretation speech as I type

[quote name='ighosty']summer classes? Or just back already?[/quote]
Summer classes. I'm on 2nd session with one more week to go!
Then comes Fall semester yay!....not!:dunce:

Haha

So no offense to nyprimus4 but I'm starting to think maybe we should switch around which games we play on which nites. For instance Monday should probably be CAC day since I think that has already been determined elsewhere on the forum. Also it seems more people want to play resistance on a weekend, might as well make it friday or saturday. We should probably wait till warhawk comes out to change anything though.

Sorry guys, every other Tues I have off so only 50% of the time I am able to play Resistance. Through out the week usually isn't that great for me to play any games except real late at night. I work the 2nd shift usually through out the week get a day off which is Tues one week and Fri another. The same week I get Tuesday off I also get Sat and Sun off, so that is when I can really game. This week I only have Friday off so if you want to schedule some Resistance then I am down for sure.

Also IMO someone else needs to do this thread. No offense to you nyprimus4 but you don't keep any thing updated at all. We need someone to keep this thread updated, and have better game day options. Like one week these games on these days and another week these games on these days. Since there is 4 weeks in a month you could have like Week 1 M,T,W,T,F,S,S these games Week 2: M,T,W,T,F,S,S these games ect. Maybe even do a vote and see what games on what day would be the best for certain people. Also besides the peoples name and game they have available who has a headset and who doesn't. I don't know I just think someone else that can put some time into this can make it much better then it is.

Does anyone play Motorstorm anymore? I just got it and I'm actually finding the single player a little boring, so unless the multiplayer is a blast (and still popular), I may trade it back in preparation of the fall onslaught.

[quote name='metaly']Does anyone play Motorstorm anymore? I just got it and I'm actually finding the single player a little boring, so unless the multiplayer is a blast (and still popular), I may trade it back in preparation of the fall onslaught.[/quote]

Why? Is single player a bit too repetitive?

Does anyone here play the Darkness online? I was going to try that, but I'd rather trade it for Rainbow Six if anyone's up for it :p

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Why? Is single player a bit too repetitive?

Does anyone here play the Darkness online? I was going to try that, but I'd rather trade it for Rainbow Six if anyone's up for it :p[/QUOTE]

If the OP was updated........ You would know I have it but never even played much of it yet.... Also just look below my sig those are all the game I have currently and am playing.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']If the OP was updated........ You would know I have it but never even played much of it yet....[/quote]
The story was sick, it's what kept me playing, and the voice acting was spot on.
The climax was pretty awesome, but I'm hoping they make a sequel (I'm pretty sure they will) otherwise I'm left with unanswered questions a la Matrix Revolution ending.

I'd be up for The Darkness online anytime.

I wonder if anyone is online now...

EDIT: If you're wondering if you should trade The Darkness for Rainbow 6 think about if you'll play single player or multi more. Online, R6 blows The Darkness out of the water and then takes a shit on it. However The Darkness has the stronger single player mode. Unless you plan to replay The Darkness you might as well trade it away.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The story was sick, it's what kept me playing, and the voice acting was spot on.
The climax was pretty awesome, but I'm hoping they make a sequel (I'm pretty sure they will) otherwise I'm left with unanswered questions a la Matrix Revolution ending.[/QUOTE]

I really need to put some time into it, I've only played up to where he...

Gets his powers and turns into the dark side.

After that I quit and haven't picked it up. I'll probably put some more time into it so you should hold onto yours and get R6 vegas as well. Then we can play each other in three games. Also from what I played I agree the story is awesome and voice acting is great as well. I doubt I get rid of mine, oh and btw you game share right? I thought I read some where you wanted Tekken: DR... ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Why? Is single player a bit too repetitive?[/quote]
Yeah, a bit. Not a lot of variety in the courses or vehicle selection (within the different classes) either. I can't even drive very fast or I inevitably end up smashing into a wall/go flying off the course. And you can't even do midair spins! (I really just want Excite Truck 2.)

[quote name='metaly']Yeah, a bit. Not a lot of variety in the courses or vehicle selection (within the different classes) either. I can't even drive very fast or I inevitably end up smashing into a wall/go flying off the course. And you can't even do midair spins! (I really just want Excite Truck 2.)[/QUOTE]

Not only that but the loading I hear is horrid.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I really need to put some time into it, I've only played up to where he...

Gets his powers and turns into the dark side.

After that I quit and haven't picked it up. I'll probably put some more time into it so you should hold onto yours and get R6 vegas as well. Then we can play each other in three games. Also from what I played I agree the story is awesome and voice acting is great as well. I doubt I get rid of mine, oh and btw you game share right? I thought I read some where you wanted Tekken: DR... ;)[/quote]

Yes, yes I do want Tekken DR, especially with the fact that it's going to be on-line very soon :D

There's a huge turning point in the game, and despite how predictable it might be, it's worth playing up to, then it'll make you play the rest of the game. At least for me it did :twoguns:

[quote name='whoknows']I'd be up for The Darkness online anytime.

I wonder if anyone is online now...

EDIT: If you're wondering if you should trade The Darkness for Rainbow 6 think about if you'll play single player or multi more. Online, R6 blows The Darkness out of the water and then takes a shit on it. However The Darkness has the stronger single player mode. Unless you plan to replay The Darkness you might as well trade it away.[/QUOTE]

Any lag with R6? How about The Darkness? I know Resistance is smooth as fucking butter online with no lag. I think snow said he was having lag with R6 though.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yes, yes I do want Tekken DR, especially with the fact that it's going to be on-line very soon :D

There's a huge turning point in the game, and despite how predictable it might be, it's worth playing up to, then it'll make you play the rest of the game. At least for me it did :twoguns:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I do plan on finishing it I really liked what I played thus far. What games do you have? I might share it with ya, then we can have four games to play each other in. :D I have Friday off so we can do it then if you like and have something I want to play. Flow/Super Stardust....

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Any lag with R6? How about The Darkness? I know Resistance is smooth as fucking butter online with no lag. I think snow said he was having lag with R6 though.[/QUOTE]
I really haven't noticed much lag in R6, but the one and only time I played The Darkness there was a lot of lag. Dont know if it's been fixed or not though. If you want to play online sometime LMK and we'll try it out ;)

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Not only that but the loading I hear is horrid.[/quote]

It takes a little while to load up the race, yeah, but what's really crazy is how long it takes to load the vehicle selection. I can't even tell the difference between the vehicles at this point, so that's a big annoyance. No HD install option, either.

Have I convinced anyone to run out and buy it so we can play? :D:D:D:D:D:D

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Oh yeah I do plan on finishing it I really liked what I played thus far. What games do you have? I might share it with ya, then we can have four games to play each other in. :D I have Friday off so we can do it then if you like and have something I want to play. Flow/Super Stardust....[/quote]

I can share Super Stardust

[quote name='whoknows']I really haven't noticed much lag in R6, but the one and only time I played The Darkness there was a lot of lag. Dont know if it's been fixed or not though. If you want to play online sometime LMK and we'll try it out ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha ha will do. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I can share Super Stardust[/QUOTE]

Alright then Friday when I see you sign on I'll message you and we can start. ;) Whoknows you want Tekken: DR as well? I think you have flow if you do I will share it with you too. ;)

[quote name='metaly']It takes a little while to load up the race, yeah, but what's really crazy is how long it takes to load the vehicle selection. I can't even tell the difference between the vehicles at this point, so that's a big annoyance. No HD install option, either.

Have I convinced anyone to run out and buy it so we can play? :D:D:D:D:D:D[/QUOTE]
I actually do want it, so as soon as I can find it for around $30 I'll play online with ya ;)

And Silent, I already have Tekken, thanks for the offer though. Can't wait til its online so we can play :D

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Ha ha will do. :mrgreen:
Alright then Friday when I see you sign on I'll message you and we can start. ;) Whoknows you want Tekken: DR as well? I think you have flow if you do I will share it with you too. ;)[/quote]

All righty, I'll be looking for you on Friday. I'll be on in the morning 8-10AM and late afternoon after 6PM Pacific Time.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']All righty, I'll be looking for you on Friday. I'll be on in the morning 8-10AM and late afternoon after 6PM Pacific Time.[/QUOTE]

Alright, late afternoon will probably be better for me since I usually don't drag my ass out of bed until 1:00 P.M on my days off lol. But yeah I should be on about all day maybe we can play a little Resistance after to umm celerbrate? XD

[quote name='whoknows']I actually do want it, so as soon as I can find it for around $30 I'll play online with ya ;)

And Silent, I already have Tekken, thanks for the offer though. Can't wait til its online so we can play :D[/QUOTE]

Shit really? Ahh well I'll find something to trade with you, flow looks so good. Yeah man it should be online sometime next week now, since the US version keeps on getting pushed back. I definitely can't wait for it since it's my most played game after Resistance. :)

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Shit really? Ahh well I'll find something to trade with you, flow looks so good. Yeah man it should be online sometime next week now, since the US version keeps on getting pushed back. I definitely can't wait for it since it's my most played game after Resistance. :)[/QUOTE]
Do you have Calling All Cars? I do want that game.

And my most played PS3 game is that one game everyone hates that I won't mention

[quote name='whoknows']Do you have Calling All Cars? I do want that game.

And my most played PS3 game is that one game everyone hates that I won't mention[/QUOTE]

I am going to be getting it either tonight or tomorrow! ;) What game Gundam? :lol:

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I am going to be getting it either tonight or tomorrow! ;) What game Gundam? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Nah, I was joking that one time I said I was getting it...even though I do want MORE!! :lol:

I'm talking about a game where the main character is blue

[quote name='whoknows']Nah, I was joking that one time I said I was getting it...even though I do want MORE!! :lol:

I'm talking about a game where the main character is blue[/QUOTE]

Ha ha why does everyone hate that game? I plan on getting it eventually for PS3 and I want the one for PS2 that has Sonic 2 on it but can't figure out which one it is since there are two of them? Some mega collection or something?:whistle2:s

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Ha ha why does everyone hate that game? I plan on getting it eventually for PS3 and I want the one for PS2 that has Sonic 2 on it but can't figure out which one it is since there are two of them? Some mega collection or something?:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
I don't want to get into it, but I like it. ;)

And yeah, Mega Collection Plus has Sonic 2 and most of the other 2D Sonic games.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't want to get into it, but I like it. ;)

And yeah, Mega Collection Plus has Sonic 2 and most of the other 2D Sonic games.[/QUOTE]

Okay no problem. ;) Also thanks for letting me know which one was the good one. I'll be getting that for my Sonic love. Okay now back to our regularly schedule umm topic. :lol:

Dang I missed resistance :( but from what i read I guess I didnt miss much. I went out and got a new hd tv and speakers and when I got back i showed my friend resistance and he got hooked on the co-op and before we knew it it was 10 .
can anyone tell me how super star dust works online?

[quote name='striderzer0']Dang I missed resistance :( but from what i read I guess I didnt miss much. I went out and got a new hd tv and speakers and when I got back i showed my friend resistance and he got hooked on the co-op and before we knew it it was 10 .
can anyone tell me how super star dust works online?[/QUOTE]
"Online" = Leaderboards. There's no online co-op or multiplayer. It's still a really fun game though.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Well for me, weekdays are not good gaming nights :/

I can usually slip in some playing time around 1 PM Pacific Time or in the morning from 8-10 AM, other than that, I'm free for the weekends. Reasons being are work and college.

How did Tuesday become Resistance night? They should switch it to Saturday :D[/QUOTE]Right now I have nothing to do. Next week when I get back to college, that will change. :(
[quote name='Silent Assassin120']
Also IMO someone else needs to do this thread. No offense to you nyprimus4 but you don't keep any thing updated at all. We need someone to keep this thread updated, and have better game day options. Like one week these games on these days and another week these games on these days. Since there is 4 weeks in a month you could have like Week 1 M,T,W,T,F,S,S these games Week 2: M,T,W,T,F,S,S these games ect. Maybe even do a vote and see what games on what day would be the best for certain people. Also besides the peoples name and game they have available who has a headset and who doesn't. I don't know I just think someone else that can put some time into this can make it much better then it is.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MrBrando']So no offense to nyprimus4 but I'm starting to think maybe we should switch around which games we play on which nites. For instance Monday should probably be CAC day since I think that has already been determined elsewhere on the forum. Also it seems more people want to play resistance on a weekend, might as well make it friday or saturday. We should probably wait till warhawk comes out to change anything though.[/QUOTE]I might just throw my name into the hat for organizing the CAG online PSN gaming because I already have a crapload of PS3 games, and organization is one of the most important things to me, lol. ;) But if I did, it would just give me another thing to keep me busy, along with college and probably becoming a staff member again for a gaming website (writing reviews, previews, news, and such).

[quote name='metaly']Does anyone play Motorstorm anymore? I just got it and I'm actually finding the single player a little boring, so unless the multiplayer is a blast (and still popular), I may trade it back in preparation of the fall onslaught.[/QUOTE]The online community for MotorStorm is pretty good. I usually see a minimum of 75 people on during a slow day, and much more during a better time (I played two days ago and the community is still strong). I never had problems jumping into a match. Playing MotorStorm online is fun though.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Why? Is single player a bit too repetitive?

Does anyone here play the Darkness online? I was going to try that, but I'd rather trade it for Rainbow Six if anyone's up for it :p[/QUOTE]Yeah, I wonder, because I enjoy the demo. To an extent, I’m holding back because I just don’t buy more than two FPS a year. :p

[quote name='metaly']Yeah, a bit. Not a lot of variety in the courses or vehicle selection (within the different classes) either. I can't even drive very fast or I inevitably end up smashing into a wall/go flying off the course. And you can't even do midair spins! (I really just want Excite Truck 2.)[/QUOTE]It takes practice. There are days I mess up. It’s a matter of just playing the courses right. Btw, did you download the Time Attack pack, because that’s quite fun. It can be complicated to install.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Not only that but the loading I hear is horrid.[/QUOTE]The only area the loading may be annoying is when selecting a vehicle. Otherwise, the courses are massive so I don’t care. MotorStorm is just one of my favorite PS3 games. But this is coming from someone big into motor sports games (one reason I loved ATV Offroad Fury on PS2/PSP, rally racing games, Test Drive Off-road, etc.).

[quote name='whoknows']
And my most played PS3 game is that one game everyone hates that I won't mention[/QUOTE]I know what it is. ;) It wasn’t for me on the 360, but I always feel the need to give it another try. As for Mega Collection Plus, it doesn’t work right on my PS3 (sound clips in Genesis ones). That was before Firmware 1.9 though, I haven’t checked since then.
[quote name='Sarrasis']"Online" = Leaderboards. There's no online co-op or multiplayer. It's still a really fun game though.[/QUOTE]Agreed. One of the most addictive games I ever played.
[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I am going to be getting it either tonight or tomorrow! ;) What game Gundam? :lol:[/QUOTE]I want that game, but a little too scared to buy it (people would definitely make fun of me). I'm a huge Gundam fanboy.

I have around half the PSN games, but since I’m extremely greedy, I’m not sharing with anyone. :p

So, as for the one organizing the CAG PSN online events, I suggests people nominate who they feel would be the best for it (you can nominate more than one).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

I might just throw my name into the hat for organizing the CAG online PSN gaming because I already have a crapload of PS3 games, and organization is one of the most important things to me, lol. ;) But if I did, it would just give me another thing to keep me busy, along with college and probably becoming a staff member again for a gaming website (writing reviews, previews, news, and such).

So, as for the one organizing the CAG PSN online events, I suggests people nominate who they feel would be the best for it (you can nominate more than one).[/QUOTE]

I actually like to see you take over this. What I'd suggest is making two new topics. One for people to say what games they have to play online, if they have a headset, and their Psn name, maybe find out what time zone they live in. ect. Then the other topic to list the s/n's of all the people and the games they have to play, and then what games each day/week are going to be on. Also to only keep the games discussion in the main topic, that day and to remind people in that topic that this game is today and try to organize a time for everyone to meet and play. I could probably do a good job of doing this as well but time if my factor since I work almost 7 days a week.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I actually like to see you take over this. What I'd suggest is making two new topics. One for people to say what games they have to play online, if they have a headset, and their Psn name, maybe find out what time zone they live in. ect. Then the other topic to list the s/n's of all the people and the games they have to play, and then what games each day/week are going to be on. Also to only keep the games discussion in the main topic, that day and to remind people in that topic that this game is today and try to organize a time for everyone to meet and play. I could probably do a good job of doing this as well but time if my factor since I work almost 7 days a week.[/QUOTE]What I'm thinking is coming up with is a small survery (or questions), that everyone will have to answer, and put it all into one topic, like:

CAG Name: (basically, someones CAG name)
PSN Name: (someone's PSN name)
Headset: (Yes or No question)
Keyboard: (Yes or No question. I ask since it can take time to use the controller to type)
Zone: (Whether you are Recreation, Underground, or Pro. May be good for match making)
Time Zone: (Whether EST, CST, MST, or PST)
Days, Time Available: (like if you're only available Saturday, at 6-10pm your time or something)
PS3 Online Multi-player Games Owned: (What games you have that have online multi-player, not games with just leaderboards)
Current Favorite Multi-player Game: (So I'd know what games to give priority to)
Most Anticipated Multi-player Game This Year: (So I'd know what games to definitely make room for in the future)

I'll add/remove stuff to the list.

bread's done
Back