CAG SFIV Monthly Classic Tournament #2 PS3 Tournament Champion Suko32! from FGT

can someone please take my spot to run the 360 tournament on wednesday and thursday?
my friends from CAL are in town and theyre leaving on friday and wanna hang out at around tourney start time.

i will make the brackets and pm most tonight.

please pm me.

all u have to do is tell everyone who the next matchup is and update the bracket in excel.

Unless i can find a replacement, the tournament will be moved to Next Week for xbox 360 and there will be basically two tournaments in april.. lol

[quote name='dman1869']Hey fu, I could try and run the tourny for you but I'm not sure I have excel and if I do I don't know how to make brackets with it.[/quote]
Just FYI...fuck excel. Download open office...at this point it's almost as good, if not better in some respects, and it's free. And works with MS format files...http://www.openoffice.org

[quote name='Furashu']this tourney will happen next week. sorry guys my friends are only on break every few months!![/QUOTE]

I ran a tourny on my own awhile back for UMK 3 when it came out on Live. I could just update the brackets on this thread. I would rather get this done tomorrow and Thursday rather than waiting another week. I'm willing to do it if you want.

well if u wanna make the bracketology..................

i just kept sorting the names randomly and placed them in on oppposite ends

tournament rules are the same as the OP.
1)u must check in here tommorrow
2) ONE match best of 3 rounds
3) any character for any round
4) u must play within that time limit that is in the OP.
5) u must post if u won/loss in this thread

good luck all and thanks for joining i apologize for the confusion!

please help dman1869 run the tournament smoothly and treat him with respect as he is helping me and you out to get this tournament back on track and rolling.

Dman1869, i pmed u
the way the brackets will be is
just follow the OP list of 360 registrants...

1)#1-4 will get automatic byes,
2) and.. the rest will be like.. #5 plays #28, #6 plays #27, #7 plays #26, #8 plays #25, ect.
3) there will be no seeds for this tournament and will be random based on the order u guys signed up.
4) seedings for NEXT months tournament will be based off this tournament's results

good luck all

Not going to be able to make it because of work. I can play later when I get home around 9:30 central, but I would hate to hold up the tourney. Sorry to flake out.

Okay guys, here are the brackets for the tourny. To add, the first four people who signed up will be getting byes, and they are:

1.) CAG: yukine XBL: ratzombie 2.) CAG: notorious_pip XBL: EZ Mister P 3.) CAG: Arikado XBL: Arikado 4.) CAG: woodcan XBL: fleshribbon

Rest of the brackets include:

CAG: JEKKI XBL: JEKKISTYLE VS CAG: s2k XBL: DoggGT

CAG: Jimbo Slice XBL: Jim Foley VS CAG: Dandeschain XBL: Danmagz

CAG: Ronin317 XBL: Ronin317 VS CAG: BackinBlack XBL: TooLateForRoses

CAG: Kuromimi XBL: Kuromimi VS CAG: Benjamouth XBL: the Woodmeister

CAG: PhrostByte XBL: DimaBraun VS CAG: blackflag XBL: bl4ckfl4g

CAG: Socheata XBL: Sochie VS CAG: Intergralsmatic XBL: SoldatCrinale

CAG: sleepy180 XBL: BabaIu VS CAG: Liu Bei XBL: Mmeeva

CAG: GenghisJohn XBL: Ivan Drago27 VS CAG: IvanHood XBL: Ivan Hood

CAG: Azumangaman XBL: Azumangaman VS CAG: dman1869 XBL: EBK DmanIzBack

CAG: yogadama123 XBL: pradu3 VS CAG: SmallWind XBL: Z3R0 GaME

CAG: shinryuu XBL: awwjayzin VS CAG: Diyomaro XBL: Diyomaro Z

CAG: Gillums XBL: Gillums VS CAG: ihadFG XBL: ihadFG

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it looks like I may be able to make it after all since I've got a bye. Are the times going to be the same as the PS3 tourney? If so, I should definitely be able to play since I'm two hours ahead of PST.

OK, so I take it I check back here around 730PM PST to see who I'm going up against???

I'm a little confused. Is there a graphical bracket for the 360 tournament somewhere around here that I just haven't found? I just can't figure out who I will possibly go up against from the textual bracket above and when.

DMAN, there suppose to be 32 tournament slots.

i only counted 26 players in matches, then 5 in byes, so thats 31.

how do people know who theyre playing in rd 2 and so on?

this is kinda why i wanted to postpone it so there isnt this confusion on who plays who.

1) who do the byes play in rd 2?
2) who plays who in rd 2?

to woodcan, so yes 730.

Second Round ( SWEET 16)
TIME FRAME: 7:30PM PST - 9:30PM PST
You have TWO HOURS To play your SECOND Match

I just wanted to let you know that sleepy180 is listed in two first round matches. I think that's where the problem is. Dandeschain should be playing either Liu Bei or Jimbo Slice in the first round.

Sorry guys for the confusion. I'm looking for a bracket that I can put up so u guys can view it. As for now, CAG: Jimbo Slice XBL: Jim Foley will be playing CAG: Dandeschain XBL: Danmagz. And sleepy was listed twice in the OP so that threw me off a little. I just finished getting openoffice so if anyone can tell me how to get a bracket up with that, that would be appreciated. I will be back at about 3PM PST and finish the bracket. Thanks, dman.

dman just type in the names, and change the colors of the boxes, just use the ps3 bracket as a guideline.

open office has different cells and u just type in the name of one CAG then the box under it type who they are versing.

its very simple. then after u have the bracket laid out, select the bracket like drag it and the boxes will darken and copy and paste that into paint and save it.

then upload it via flickr or photo bucket or whatever u choose.

thanks a ton dman.

cagsf4.jpg

Your welcome. Just put it in mspaint and change whatever you want if you don't want all the byes at the bottom or something

[quote name='Furashu']thanks but its hella hard to read, can u format it the way i had the other one?

if not this is better then nothing[/QUOTE]

CAG minimized it for some reason.

lol, what a strange way to do byes.

normally u should evenly distribute them thruout the bracket.

anyway I jus wanna say, my internet crapped out last nite and was supposedly still crapped out this morning.

if I dont show up, it's coz I cant get online.

[quote name='Furashu']wonder if kuromimi will repeat... on another console[/quote]

Awesome, so I'll be fighting the person who won the PS3 tournament in the 1st round of the 360 one. Perfect setup for a David Vs Goliath style victory.

[quote name='benjamouth']Awesome, so I'll be fighting the person who won the PS3 tournament in the 1st round of the 360 one. Perfect setup for a David Vs Goliath style victory.[/quote]

u can doit, hes overrated............he only won because everyone else went to eat dinner.................................
haha jk!

hey u never know

[quote name='Furashu']u can doit, hes overrated............he only won because everyone else went to eat dinner.................................
haha jk!

hey u never know[/quote]

Joking apart he could put both his arms behind his back and mash his face blindly on the buttons and still beat me.

I'm glad to be taking on someone awesome though, I'm hoping to see some sweet skillz.

[quote name='JEKKI']lol, what a strange way to do byes.

normally u should evenly distribute them thruout the bracket.

anyway I jus wanna say, my internet crapped out last nite and was supposedly still crapped out this morning.

if I dont show up, it's coz I cant get online.[/QUOTE]

I only put the byes on the bottom because its not my tourney and i didnt know how he wanted to put them. Just go into mspaint and edit that shit because it was just a quick thing at work with no thought put into it to help the tourney/

I think the way sleepy put up the brackets are fine. We'll just have the people who got the byes play each other just so there's no confusion because there isn't a lot of time left before people are supposed to be playing. I've got the bracket up in paint and when there are wins/losses I'll record them into it. Also, if anyone who got byes wants to play their 2nd round early, feel free so I can record it. Thanks for the help sleepy. Good luck to everyone.

fyi, the guy I'm supposed to face has one post and hasn't visited CAG since 3/6. I'm trying to reach him on XBL, so hopefully he'll respond. =p

Intergralsmatic, I've sent you a friend request on Xbox Live. I'll be available pretty much all day. Just invite me to the match or post here to get my attention.

[quote name='benjamouth']Awesome, so I'll be fighting the person who won the PS3 tournament in the 1st round of the 360 one. Perfect setup for a David Vs Goliath style victory.[/quote]
hehe I got lucky last week. It's one match so anything can happen.

Hey, woodcan, I sent you a friend request on Xbox Live. I'm available for the next half hour if you want to do our match early; otherwise, I'll be back for the tail end of the second round.

GenghisJohn/Ivan Drago27, I added you on XBL and sent you a message there, but I figured I'd be thorough and post here too. I'll be on XBL for the whole first round, so just let me know whenever you want to play.

After some minor technical issues Kuromimi gave me the thrashing I so richly deserved.

Kuromimi moves on.

Edit - I did better than I thought I would, mind you even a newb like me is bound to get a few hits in.

[quote name='notorious_pip']Hey, woodcan, I sent you a friend request on Xbox Live. I'm available for the next half hour if you want to do our match early; otherwise, I'll be back for the tail end of the second round.[/quote]

notorious_pip, I had to delete someone but accepted your FR :)

I really can't get online to play until around 10PM CST. I'll need to play a few warm-up rounds before we meet up though since I haven't played SFIV on my 360 in probably more than 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back