CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

[quote name='MisterBee']LOL @ thread title change, I am absolutely up for some demo/breach/extraction on Sunday night[/QUOTE]

Great...if I can even find my confrontation disc...and even if I did, I'd be starting from scratch since I've bought a new ps3 since I last played confrontation with you guys and no saves...

ok so are we back to confrontation? lol
i may need to re-download the cold front dlc because i thought i was never gonna play it again. problem is i forgot who i got into the gameshare with for it :(, i think it was mrthacakeetc

Ive been playing the Confrontation maps lately. It all seems new to me again after not playing for almost 5 months. I am having a great time going 6-6 playing some real game modes. :) Ill play this Sunday for sure.

Love the way Zipper rolls out info.

Talk about the new shit you are going to get. Then they proceed to tell you that they have no idea when it will be released.

I'm in for Sunday. I like the confrontation maps better than the cold front maps. The only way it'll work is if we have enough to play each other. Too many cheaters make it tough to find an honest room.

Good luck!

Gold I haven't had a problem finding an honest room. I think with the network going down and subsequent firmware update they got rid of most of the serious cheaters. I did run into a cat with 5 attachments on an M4, after getting called out by the other team he defended himself. Good old Socoms he would have been voted out

New guy here. I have my complaints with S4 as well, but have to admit I'm just having fun with the game. Being an older gamer and waiting for Zipper to return the greatness of early Socoms probably won't happen. I just have to find fun in what they release or don't buy the game. In all my years playing Socom I never complained about which gun had realistic bullet drop or the blast radius of PMNs. I didn't call someone a IW scrub just because they used that gun, don't get me wrong, I didn't use it.:lol: I remember the days of having to go search for a $9.99 OPM to get a disk to than get a new map. $10 for 1 map and we call Activision greedy. I do expect more from my games nowadays, but it seems like every game is bonked at launch. Homefront anyone? Sorry for the rant, just came here to see if I could get some more friends on my list to play Socom 4.

[quote name='Poncho72']New guy here. I have my complaints with S4 as well, but have to admit I'm just having fun with the game. Being an older gamer and waiting for Zipper to return the greatness of early Socoms probably won't happen. I just have to find fun in what they release or don't buy the game. In all my years playing Socom I never complained about which gun had realistic bullet drop or the blast radius of PMNs. I didn't call someone a IW scrub just because they used that gun, don't get me wrong, I didn't use it.:lol: I remember the days of having to go search for a $9.99 OPM to get a disk to than get a new map. $10 for 1 map and we call Activision greedy. I do expect more from my games nowadays, but it seems like every game is bonked at launch. Homefront anyone? Sorry for the rant, just came here to see if I could get some more friends on my list to play Socom 4.[/QUOTE]

poncho, there still are people playing socom 4 so feel free to add me or another person and I'll add you to the clan. You'll be able to see who is on in the clan and join in whenever they're on. I've done my fair share of complaining about this game, but sadly I'll be playing this more/rather than Confrontation since I can't find my disk. Even if people play confrontation tonight, I'll be on to play some s4 if anybody wants to join in, we may even get enough to do a clan match if anybody's interested.

[quote name='pLaYeRiTo']slant six made a great game[/QUOTE]

It's funny how much shit they received, people moaning about how much better the game would've been had zipper been the dev.

[quote name='nfs3freak']poncho, there still are people playing socom 4 so feel free to add me or another person and I'll add you to the clan. You'll be able to see who is on in the clan and join in whenever they're on. I've done my fair share of complaining about this game, but sadly I'll be playing this more/rather than Confrontation since I can't find my disk. Even if people play confrontation tonight, I'll be on to play some s4 if anybody wants to join in, we may even get enough to do a clan match if anybody's interested.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good,thanks.

Haha mad, I love how you replied to my post in the gt5 thread. Ill see whoever on in s4 tonight. Enjoy Confrontation whoever gets to playing that.

I'll be on most likely either game tonight depending on where most of you end up. Have confrontation on right now. Such a clunky interface. I'm pretty disgruntled with S4 but it's still the closest thing to original Socom we're gonna see. At least we can hope for some updates that can steer it into a more positive direction.

[quote name='nfs3freak']Haha mad, I love how you replied to my post in the gt5 thread. Ill see whoever on in s4 tonight. Enjoy Confrontation whoever gets to playing that.[/QUOTE]
I'm shot, dude. This past week has been killer and it's going to be a repeat mid week with temps in the 90's Wednesday & Thursday. Not looking forward to being exhausted.

[quote name='Mad39er']I'm shot, dude. This past week has been killer and it's going to be a repeat mid week with temps in the 90's Wednesday & Thursday. Not looking forward to being exhausted.[/QUOTE]

No worries man. Rest up.

Editting my post. Going from Confrontation to Socom 4..wow, that was not fun at all. Confrontation may be slow, may be difficult in close quarters, but Socom 4 is so poorly made it's ridiculous. Wow..people are already level 50 in this game...
Anyway, good games in Confrontation tonight. It'll take a while to get back into it, and Socom 4 is just an entirely separate game I'll play occasionally. Thx for bein on, Wotcher, so I could jump in and join your games

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the move, but didn't care for the gun. It gets heavy after you play for an extended time. The mic system needs to be fixed to even get me remotely interested in playing this again.

[quote name='nfs3freak']No worries man. Rest up.

Editting my post. Going from Confrontation to Socom 4..wow, that was not fun at all. Confrontation may be slow, may be difficult in close quarters, but Socom 4 is so poorly made it's ridiculous. Wow..people are already level 50 in this game...
Anyway, good games in Confrontation tonight. It'll take a while to get back into it, and Socom 4 is just an entirely separate game I'll play occasionally. Thx for bein on, Wotcher, so I could jump in and join your games[/QUOTE]

Awesome games. IT was great to play a few rounds with Md again. Its amazing how far ahead Con is than S4. I think we got up to 8 people at one point.
[quote name='Cigarl']I use the move, but didn't care for the gun. It gets heavy after you play for an extended time. The mic system needs to be fixed to even get me remotely interested in playing this again.[/QUOTE]

Gold where were ya? We should try get some going tonight.

[quote name='smiggity']
Gold where were ya? We should try get some going tonight.[/QUOTE]

My bride is visiting a friend in India and then off to Paris for pretty much the whole month. I decided to create a new laundry room for a surprise. I was in the middle of putting tile on a wall and couldn't stop. Of course since starting, I've discovered a drain pipe from the upper level sink is leaking and causing all kinds of good times behind the wall...so the whole wall needs to come down and be done.

On that note, if I'm not killing myself with plumbing, I'd love to play some Socom tonight.

Tons of Source mods are really good. If they can get this one going, I'd def join up as well.

Wow, I think Socom 4 killed my appetite for gaming lately. I've resorted to playing Gran Tourismo 5 and letting my B Spec driver just run almost 24/7 on endurance races. After playing Confrontation with you guys again...I now want to again even more. Socom 4 doesn't seem to present a challenge except against those exploiting it, but Confrontation I've always felt like it was a challenge and that was always the allure for me.

A little off topic, but in our S4 malaise, I have been debating renting a CS server, the question is would people be interested in playing on such server, and if so would you rather play 1.6 or Source. Just send me a PM if you are interested in playing.

We were on Tuesday night, played some games with Gold and Playerito and a few solo. My appetite for Confrontation is also growing. I'll be back for another Tuesday night session if anyone is interested.

I realized this game would be perfect for the Wii U because after I get taken out in the first 10 seconds I could just play a different game on the second screen.

[quote name='smiggity']Patch confirmed for June 14th. Party system moved back to July, I called it a month ago. No word on Maps or pro guns yet though[/QUOTE]

Well that is soon, which is good. But July for a party system?

If the game becomes playable with the patch, then I'll be back into. We'll see IF it becomes playable.

[quote name='metaly']I realized this game would be perfect for the Wii U because after I get taken out in the first 10 seconds I could just play a different game on the second screen.[/QUOTE]

Bomb defusal and Hostage Dancing mini-games!!:lol:

[quote name='j-cart']Well that is soon, which is good. But July for a party system?

If the game becomes playable with the patch, then I'll be back into. We'll see IF it becomes playable.[/QUOTE]

Zipper is crazy for launching a party system 4 months after game comes out. What a joke. Ill give it a shot for the crosshairs and deadzone/accel sliders, but i doubt it will hold my interest for longer than 5 minutes.

I think this game needs time to grow on people. The first several days of playing, really bad game. (Getting head shot left and right from across the map and the too close camera angles)

I'm only level 12 now... but the game is much more appreciated.
I've gotten alot better and gotten used to the gameplay. I reduced the pitch and turn speeds and it helped big time until I was used to the game.

Played Modernwarfare 2 last night and was getting quick scoped like a mofo. Socom4 is a nice change for the time being.

Sorry to be off-topic here for the moment. I'm asking here since I know that Megiddo_CAG posted his gameshare offer in this thread, but does anyone know the updated password for the Coldfront gameshare account hosted by Megiddo_CAG? He hasn't replied to my message so I'm wondering if he sold his share since he hasn't played Confrontation for a while. Thanks

[quote name='Average Gamer']sweet! U have to be Playstation Plus right? (I haven't activated my Plus yet)[/QUOTE]
Socom Pro should do it.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:30 AM PDT
Patch Alert: SOCOM 4 v1.03

Posted by Jeremy Dunham, Senior Community Manager, Zipper Interactive Patches SOCOM 4
It’s update time from our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and our latest patch – version 1.03 – addresses and adds a number of key things that SOCOM 4 fans should appreciate. In fact, starting today you’ll find more polished camera reactions, additional control customization options, a number of refinements to the Clan Challenge feature, and some pre-loaded files that prepare SOCOM 4 for the release of our upcoming SOCOM Pro Assault Pack, which will be available for download at no cost to you later today, among other changes that can be reviewed in the more detail list highlighted below.

Don’t forget to check back with the SOCOM Blog over the next couple of weeks. We’ll have news on our next update, v1.04, which activates the long-awaited SOCOM 4 Party system! Stay tuned.

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs v1.03

June 14, 2011 | TPPS: 42 MB, DLS: 35 MB

Gameplay

* Increased character movement strafe and backwards-movement speeds

Weapons and Gear

* Revised PE4 Explosives: Dramatically reduced throwing velocity and throwing distance; lowered damage value
* Adjusted accuracy values to be more unique by weapon

Audio/Visual

* When colliding with geometry or when moving to narrow spaces, the camera now moves above the player’s head
* Increased the duration of the Victory Dance animation and capped them at a XP maximum of 10 dances per round
* Sped up and smoothed out the “settling into crouch” character movement

Interface

* Updated tap-to-talk in Classic mode so that it functions properly with all DualShock control schemes and the PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter peripherals (press “up” on the directional pad)
* Added controller option that allows players to adjust their “Dead Zone” and “Acceleration”
* Added option to activate a center dot in the targeting reticule
* Added option to turn in-game XP displays on or off
* Clans that are “Ready” to play are now filtered to the top of the Clan Challenge list
* Players can now cancel Clan Challenge invites; Challenges also auto-cancel when player count drops below minimum
* Added Clan Lobby “Player Counts” and “Wait for Response” messaging to Clan Challenge invites
* Added automatic “Not Ready” status to Clan Challenges when the player count drops below the required minimum
* Multiplayer Game-types are now organized by category

Technical

* Prepares code for upcoming bonus SOCOM Pro Assault Pack add-on
* Fixed issue “spawn delay” issue that prevented players from spawning consistently at the start of a round
* Repaired problem with “frozen” game clock that stayed at 0:00 when respawning or starting another round
* Resolved various multiplayer “PS3 crash” scenarios

Miscellaneous

* Various localization fixes

Played a few games this morning on the new maps. The elevated train map is okay, played another super small map with a burning plane that was pretty bad, didn't try the 3rd one.

The game still needs MAJOR work to get me playing. The patch is a small step. Zipper and their tactic with releasing the maps unannounced and naming a forum MVP is a desperate attempt at holding on to the players they have.

Listening to the new podcast now and OH BOY its bad. No more adjustments to camera or shooting mechanics in works, No shoulder switch ever, they are acting like the party system is a revolutionary advancement in gaming, No lobbies ever, not removing the blinking objective markers ("only for the super hardcore"), dumb ass MLG tournament, lol fixes not making 1.04 "they wanna get it out as fast as they can" in July...lol, no seperate Standard/Classic stats. These dudes are straight garbage.

played the new maps. i went to custom game types > pro maps. it took a while to cycle through to the new maps because we had to suffer through the old ones. i think the Red Line - elevated train (last stage of the game) is the best of the bunch. it wide open with options to go on the ground level or upstairs to the bullet train. Double cross is the stage where you discover 45 from the plane crash site. its smaller than Red line. The map has one large oval open area in the middle with two houses at each end where the other team uses them to pin you down. Lastly, theres the clusterF of the rescued the UN people stage. the level has two distinct levels with the ground level on the pier and below the pier water level. if thought collision was clogged up, then you loved this one.

i say this for the patch, I've played about 20 games and didn't get killed by a pe4. thank goodness.

Oh man, patch is out? I haven't even been paying attention to Socom 4 since we reverted to Confrontation. You guys think u'll all be on tomorrow or anytime soon altogether for Socom 4? i'll put it in and actually play if that's the case. I'll at least update it today and get it ready, maybe even try the new maps. We'll see.

bread's done
Back