CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Given what's happened in regards to TPS and Socom in general. I agree with renique and say that they should just let it die. No way at this point will a new socom title compete against things like Call of Duty. It's been proven time and time again. And wasn't Operation Raccoon City a bust?

I wouldn't mind Socom 2 HD, and I think that would be the most financially beneficial/stable approach. But seriously, Socom community is already terminally ill and on its death bed.

Come on option there are millions of Socom players out there, most of them have moved on to other games but would come running back if a real Socom came out. Remember /6 made S:C as their very first console game and for like 6 million. Most ps3 games take ~15 million. If they had a proper budget and some experience, we could get a great Socom. Also dont forget that CON still holds the record for most people logging into PSN or some shit. It cant and should not try to compete with COD. Let it be its own niche

Ive heard good things about the new engine they created for Resident Evil, and they have sold over a million already so it cant be too bad

It's just going to have to be a miracle for Socom community to start thriving again. I'm definitely still hoping, but things just look ill.

Only way Socom should be resurrected is if bluepoint games puts 2 or 1+2 on psn/blu ray whichever they prefer include the 3 hdd maps from 2 slap a $14-19 price tag and watch the free money rake in.

Absolutely agree! Who is Bluepoint? They the ones that handle the HD remakes and stuff? Cause yeah I agree thats our best hope for some real Socom. Guaranteed best selling PSN game of 2012 if they were to go that route

Ghost Recon comes out this week. Hope to see some CAG Socom Vets.

Well, as I put my GRAW2 disc in my ps3 last night it died. The disc is still in it and if I want access to all my game share stuff I need to send it back to sony to have it fixed. No GRAW for me for at least a month. What a total bummer. I was totally stoked to play a fresh 3rd person shooter. Even if I buy another ps3 my game is stuck in the drive and with the 80gig there's no way to get it out since the machine won't even turn on for more than 3 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god that sucks. I bought it too and now will have no one to run with. Guerrilla Mode is fucking awesome, so get at me in a month and we can play some. I dont think you can join random online coop games, its friends only

[quote name='Cigarl']Well, as I put my GRAW2 disc in my ps3 last night it died. The disc is still in it and if I want access to all my game share stuff I need to send it back to sony to have it fixed. No GRAW for me for at least a month. What a total bummer. I was totally stoked to play a fresh 3rd person shooter. Even if I buy another ps3 my game is stuck in the drive and with the 80gig there's no way to get it out since the machine won't even turn on for more than 3 seconds.[/QUOTE]

The kid in this video has a 80gig PS3 and gets a disc out pretty quickly... Might give it a watch since it doesn't sound like you can do anymore damage to your system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqxBfNT83vc

would you guys be willing to get back into socom confrontation on a regular basis? turns out i miss those days.

btw sorry to hear that gold

[quote name='pLaYeRiTo']would you guys be willing to get back into socom confrontation on a regular basis? turns out i miss those days.

btw sorry to hear that gold[/QUOTE]

Player, you should pick up GRAW2. The multiplayer beta was a lot of fun and if we could get a full team or even a squad of CAG Socom players on a side it would make for some fun times over the course of this summer (I'll need a few weeks though).

I just got an update that my ps3 should be in Texas on Friday. 10-14 days from that point. The bummer from there is I'll be in DC for a week starting June 18th, right about the time my system should be getting back to MN. Craptastic

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']The kid in this video has a 80gig PS3 and gets a disc out pretty quickly... Might give it a watch since it doesn't sound like you can do anymore damage to your system.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I tried everything. My system wouldn't even turn on when I'd flip the switch and hold either of the buttons down. The best that I can figure is my son was playing it when we had a storm and it was hit with a surge from lightning. Even with the wonderful $150 surge protector.

SOny is shutting down all the Socom games servers besides Confrontation on the 10 year Anniversary of Socom. That is so fucked up and Im pretty sure its the end of the road for us. Unless they announce an HD collection but why shut down ALL the servers (even PSP). Sad day in Socom history.

Wait, so Socom 4 is out? What ever will we do? /sarcasm

I guess Socom 4 really did that bad and Confrontation player base is that much greater.

I've had Socom 4 in my backlog. I guess I should put some time into the multiplayer just to say I did. I have Confrontation as well, at least I can still check that out from time to time.

[quote name='smiggity']SOny is shutting down all the Socom games servers besides Confrontation on the 10 year Anniversary of Socom. That is so fucked up and Im pretty sure its the end of the road for us. Unless they announce an HD collection but why shut down ALL the servers (even PSP). Sad day in Socom history.[/QUOTE]

Wow... Really quite shocked and saddened by that news... :cry:

[quote name='smiggity']SOny is shutting down all the Socom games servers besides Confrontation on the 10 year Anniversary of Socom. That is so fucked up and Im pretty sure its the end of the road for us. Unless they announce an HD collection but why shut down ALL the servers (even PSP). Sad day in Socom history.[/QUOTE]

I always hated when they shut down the online to any game where the main focus was multi-player. I assume MAG will get shut down as well.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']I always hated when they shut down the online to any game where the main focus was multi-player. I assume MAG will get shut down as well.[/QUOTE]

I hope MAG doesn't get shut down, it was honestly one of the best Online Shooters I've ever played. Sure it had its flaws, but I loved the Massive Battles.

My bad on the confusion guys, Socom 4 servers will stay up, however I nor do any other Socomers consider it an actual Socom game. So those servers will stay on for the 300 people playing. Don't worry about MAG either that's not going anywhere . Confrontation servers will be up for another 5 years if we don't get a proper socom or HD collection so no worries there.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Looks like current gen servers will remain up.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear this. I need to bust the current gen games out of my backlog before they go under too.

[quote name='Cigarl']Player, you should pick up GRAW2. The multiplayer beta was a lot of fun and if we could get a full team or even a squad of CAG Socom players on a side it would make for some fun times over the course of this summer (I'll need a few weeks though).[/QUOTE]

i converted to pc gaming last may, and im upset about graw2 being so dumbed down, i cant do it lol. i'd give anything to get the good old games back, not this simplified stuff everybody is doing.
i bet a team of about 4-5 of us would always roll over anybody else in graw2 anyways

[quote name='clevelandmvp']I wish they were still making Socom games...[/QUOTE]

I don't. You'll just end up with Gears of Shit or Holla Booty Modern Whorefare clones.

I had a dream last night that Sony remade SOCOM 2 in HD, and included popular maps from S1-4(CA) for $14.99 on PSN (digital-only). My dream also included Sony releasing other maps as DLC in later months...at no point in my dream was I disappointed with any of these decisions.

Sony, make it happen!

Gold, here's the perfect watch for you! :) ~$7 on artscow.com. There's a thread in the deals section.

AuahL.jpg

[quote name='encendido5']Gold, here's the perfect watch for you! :) ~$7 on artscow.com. There's a thread in the deals section.

AuahL.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm on it for sure.

Haha thats great. What happened to Tuesday? I was on til around 1130 and no one else (B and Gold) was on. We need to get down on that CS or GR:FS

Syngamer, we have all had that dream. Lets just hope it comes true before we are all done with PS3.

I'll play now. I was on Monday and again last night. You just need to let me know when you're going to be on to play some CS and I'm in for sure. That was too much fun with MrB last week.

[quote name='OP_']Do you guys play Tom Clancy Ghost Recon still?[/QUOTE]

Smog and I would. We've just been playing Counter Strike because of the no-respawn modes. I've really enjoyed what I've played of the GR FS multiplayer.

Had fun playing a couple rounds of Socom with you the other night Smog. I was really bummed that I couldn't get my internet to keep a connection to the game. When I got booted the final time, I unplugged my router and reset the whole thing. We need to try it again soon.

I'll play on Tuesday. I should be free from around 8 till my son wakes up at around 12am or so. I just have to remember to charge my earpiece.

Man, seeing this thread show up at the top of my subscribed threads list made me all sentimental.
I'd join you guys if I still had SOCOM.

So...what games are actually being played? I missed shooters and I'm not in the mood for BF3 or COD. Do CAGs play S4 or Confrontation? They are both extremely cheap that I'm up to picking one up.

Well, some of us were playing CS:GO. But personally I'm not too fond of it. I have the PC version and it's just miles better. Not just graphics-wise, but the kb + m support is iffy at times and there is inherent input delay in the game (most likely caused by v-sync).

I did see Gold and Smog playing Confrontation a while ago, though you'll have to ask them if they still play.

[quote name='woodcan']Man, seeing this thread show up at the top of my subscribed threads list made me all sentimental.
I'd join you guys if I still had SOCOM.[/QUOTE]
Game Stop would probably pay you to take a copy off their shelf.

[quote name='SynGamer']Are there any shooters coming up that CAGs are planning on picking up and playing regularly?[/QUOTE]

Both Smog and I enjoy Counter Strike (probably because we've never played it on the PC). It's definately better though when we play with Option or MrB since they both play it on the PC. Ghost Recon is also fun when you fill out a squad. I'm haven't really looked too far ahead since my ps3 died and I lost all my saves for games like Skyrim. It's hard to fit it all in with life plowing full steam ahead.

Go buy Confrontation Syngamer, its 4 bucks at GS! So nice to see this thread alive again! See you guys online tonight. I'm in for Socom, GR or CS whichever you guys want

Smog, if you ever re-establish a Socom Confrontation night, I would definitely be down. Although PC has all the great FPS and what not, there definitely is lacking good ol' 3rd person tactical shooters.

bread's done
Back