CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

[quote name='Pck21']So, with the patch is this game now playable online?[/quote]It's been playable (for me and most of the people here) for quite a while now. I've yet to try it post-patch though.

It's been playable. I like that they actually added real trophies, instead of random ones like kill five people, or use a assault rifle. You actually will have to earn these ones. Also I'm digging how now they show what room and match you're playing on your friendlist, like Korea 8v8 Demo. It will make finding CAGs a lot easier.

yea i finally log on and i didnt look at the controls sence i did set it like when i bought the game for like six shooter or something and all of a sudden i am on lefty controls wow did that get me killed. and is it just me or is loading in to a game or game lobby taking for ever now

Ugh, I can't play tonight... again. I just updated too. oh well.

Edit: oh, wait it's Sat. Oh... wait, I work on Sun night. Damn it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's been playable (for me and most of the people here) for quite a while now. I've yet to try it post-patch though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thongsy']It's been playable. I like that they actually added real trophies, instead of random ones like kill five people, or use a assault rifle. You actually will have to earn these ones. Also I'm digging how now they show what room and match you're playing on your friendlist, like Korea 8v8 Demo. It will make finding CAGs a lot easier.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. I've been hearing so many things about this game that I've been forced to sit back and wait on it. :( How is the online community? Competitive and all that stuff?

[quote name='Pck21']Ah ok. I've been hearing so many things about this game that I've been forced to sit back and wait on it. :( How is the online community? Competitive and all that stuff?[/QUOTE]

Playing with CAGs is a lot of fun. Every now and then you run into a guy or clan that is ultra competitive but most people are really cool. Since this is the first shooter I've ever really played, I stink, but both smog and md are really patient and help out all the time.

from what I hear the Ps3 Online community in general is way more mature than Xbox live.

as far as the other socomers they are usually friendly there are some assholes and annoyances at times but all in all its funtimes and murder

Like Gold said we(CAGers) are real chill and mellow and are out to play and have fun

[quote name='Pck21']Ah ok. I've been hearing so many things about this game that I've been forced to sit back and wait on it. :( How is the online community? Competitive and all that stuff?[/quote]

From my experience the Socom community is very good compared to other online communities, but then again most of my experience comes from the Xbox Live community, which I'm finding out is much more annoying/obnoxious then that of PSN games.

EDIT: pretty much what mdam0re said.

Well, I had the most embarrassing few minutes of gameplay in SOCOM tonight:

Played in an unranked no respawns game. Not a few seconds into the match and I knife a teammate walking by. Didn't think much of it, as I really thought my thumb had just slipped. Second game, SmogItUp joins and not a few seconds into the match, the guy I had accidentally knifed knifes me back. I laughed hilariously as I thought it was completely fair enough. In between rounds, one of the guys in the room asked if everything was ok and if he'd have to separate us in a condescending manner. Having done it completely innocently, I said alright...no problem.

Third round starts. I manage to survive the "friendly crossfire of knives" as one of my teammates had mentioned. I go around the corner crouched and what do I do? Knife the exact same person as he was walking by.

At that point, I quit out of the game. It probably didn't look good at all, but there was no way I was going to be able to explain myself. I really had thought my thumb had slipped the first time, but to happen again to the same person who I had knifed and knifed me back would be damn near impossible to explain. Out of guilt, I hurriedly messaged SmogItUp and explained myself. In the middle of that frantic message, I realized why I kept knifing people.

Take a look at my 360 gamertag. Notice the last game played? Battlefield Bad Company. And what does L3 do in that game? Sprint. :wall:

Anyway, sorry to seandawg for doing that and to the rest of my teammates. Hope they didn't notice we had the same clan tag SmogItUp. I absolutely feel terrible. I won't be getting on SOCOM for a while now. *lowers knife in shame*

Ahh, I have so many games I need to play and I feel terrible for just letting this game gather dust... Next time you guys play together, message me on PSN and I'll be there. >_

I had fun for how long I played. I have this problem now where if I go into certain areas of the menus it... lags, or becomes slow mo. Quite irritating. The other thing that's irritating is wth is the night vision and how do I switch side to side? it only lets me "lean" over with the direction pad now. I want my old controls back damn it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Well, I had the most embarrassing few minutes of gameplay in SOCOM tonight:

Played in an unranked no respawns game. Not a few seconds into the match and I knife a teammate walking by. Didn't think much of it, as I really thought my thumb had just slipped. Second game, SmogItUp joins and not a few seconds into the match, the guy I had accidentally knifed knifes me back. I laughed hilariously as I thought it was completely fair enough. In between rounds, one of the guys in the room asked if everything was ok and if he'd have to separate us in a condescending manner. Having done it completely innocently, I said alright...no problem.

Third round starts. I manage to survive the "friendly crossfire of knives" as one of my teammates had mentioned. I go around the corner crouched and what do I do? Knife the exact same person as he was walking by.

At that point, I quit out of the game. It probably didn't look good at all, but there was no way I was going to be able to explain myself. I really had thought my thumb had slipped the first time, but to happen again to the same person who I had knifed and knifed me back would be damn near impossible to explain. Out of guilt, I hurriedly messaged SmogItUp and explained myself. In the middle of that frantic message, I realized why I kept knifing people.

Take a look at my 360 gamertag. Notice the last game played? Battlefield Bad Company. And what does L3 do in that game? Sprint. :wall:

Anyway, sorry to seandawg for doing that and to the rest of my teammates. Hope they didn't notice we had the same clan tag SmogItUp. I absolutely feel terrible. I won't be getting on SOCOM for a while now. *lowers knife in shame*[/quote]

I wouldnt even worry about it. Chances are you will never see them again. I didnt know any of them, just followed you in there. It was actually really funny they were all bitching.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Don't be a momo.[/quote]

:lol::applause:

One question, since patch 1.3 came out, does the game still have a solid fanbase?

Basically, is this game still worth getting at $40.00?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Take a look at my 360 gamertag. Notice the last game played? Battlefield Bad Company. And what does L3 do in that game? Sprint. :wall:[/quote]

That happened to me a lot too, so I changed the knife button to the circle button and blanked out L3. It's good, especially since I used to start knifing the air in frantic shooting/strafing :lol: Now I have to figure out what to do with Taunts/Orders because I always hit that. I wish I could just delete it since I don't ever use it.

Good games last night by the way, though the 16v16 are pretty hectic for me. MD, I thought we had a fighting chance when it was just you and me left in that one round, but then I started getting shot at and didn't know where it was coming from. After I died, I realized there were two guys behind us.

Is anybody going to be on tonight? I'll be on from around 7-8 EST, then I have to quit to watch 24 :)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I won't be getting on SOCOM for a while now. *lowers knife in shame*[/quote]

Funny story....I've done similar things in hardcore COD.

[quote name='paz9x']haha dont be a sissy, i embarass myself everytime i play this game.
funny though.[/quote]

Yeah, last night was horrible for me. I"m wondering if that KOREA channel is actually servers in Asia or something because it was pretty damn laggy for me. I was lucky to kill a few people the whole night since everyone on my screen would teleport about 10-20 feet at a time across my screen making it nearly impossible to kill anybody. Sniping? Forget it, you can't snipe anybody when the teleport around like that! I swear this game even after the patch just makes it too difficult to play games with people......granted they added the channel/game info to your persistance info (which is slow to update) and this party system but I swear I could only hear 1 person in the party lobby and it showed half of you guys with a -1 rank. Then, I've never had lag this bad since maybe week 1 or 2 of release.

Regardless, I'm not giving up on this game quite yet.

Also, can somebody tell me how the hell I'm supposed to switch from left/right hand view that was previously mapped to left/right d-pad? I really hate that they changed it to lean which I was perfectly OK with it being on SIXAXIS controls. I already tried re-enabling the SIXAXIS controls but that just makes both methods control lean.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I had fun for how long I played. I have this problem now where if I go into certain areas of the menus it... lags, or becomes slow mo. Quite irritating. The other thing that's irritating is wth is the night vision and how do I switch side to side? it only lets me "lean" over with the direction pad now. I want my old controls back damn it.[/QUOTE]

if you check your options it shows you what each button has mapped to it.

you hold down for nightvision and you hold x to switch sides.

that momo shit was funny.
i wouldnt mind playing with some of those guys again. troy was pretty helpful.

edit - i actually use lean now that its mapped to the thumbpad. much more reliable for me.
i need a LOT of work with the scopes, my long range accuracy is afwul.

[quote name='bmachine']How do you change the rate-of-fire on weapons? I meant to ask that last night but I couldn't stay alive long enough. ;)[/QUOTE]

check your button layout.

[quote name='paz9x']check your button layout.[/quote]

If I knew how to check my button layout I would know how to change my rate-of-fire.

Thanks for the non-answer, though. ;)

[quote name='bmachine']If I knew how to check my button layout I would know how to change my rate-of-fire.

Thanks for the non-answer, though. ;)[/quote]

In game, press start, then hit the one that says button layout or controller layout or something like that. I could probably tell you if I was playing right now.

In the title menu screen, it's in the settings menu, I think.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='bmachine']If I knew how to check my button layout I would know how to change my rate-of-fire.

Thanks for the non-answer, though. ;)[/QUOTE]

smart mouth.
its in options, and just look at the available menus.
i think its wireless controller options actually. it brings up your layout and says what everything does.

Is there any resources online for information on socom such as map views, gun statistics, recommended loadouts, etc?

I am having a surprisingly hard time finding this kind of info online.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='m_d_amore']next time your in Gamestop just browse the stratedgy guide

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=confrontation&thread.id=588572

Found this as well
http://www.socomfans.com/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&limitstart=3[/quote]

That weapons link is pretty dope. Got all the stats and whatnot. Im gonna delete my profile and start from scratch again. At least I will be able to earn trophies...

Here is a link to all the hidden switches *The Unofficial SOCOM:Confrontation Hidden-Switch Thread[Locations Inside]* - SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (PS3) - PlayStation.com Forums

[quote name='smiggity']That weapons link is pretty dope. Got all the stats and whatnot. Im gonna delete my profile and start from scratch again. At least I will be able to earn trophies...[/quote]

Wait, so you can't earn trophies unless you delete your profile? I'm tempted to do that just so I can unlock some of the other weapons.

bread's done
Back