CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

[quote name='naes']fuck year, I got SOCOM Confrontation today with the headset. $45 at BlockBuster!

I'll be glad to play with some CAGs. I'm sure I'll suck until I really start to get into the game.[/quote]

Sweetness!!! I was hoping you would get it sooner or later

Had fun on Sunday night, that clan we played in the last few games was kind of lame, haha. Wasn't able to make it last night but I'll probably be on again next Sunday/Tuesday.

[quote name='paz9x']i was having headset troubles last night too.
i think what happened is i left the headset in its cradle attached to the ps3. then took it out and turned it on.
the pop up came up showing it was connected but i didnt hear anybody talking through it and nobody was responding to me.
kinda sucked.
i played pretty crappy, itll take me a bit to get back into it.
im looking forward to sundays games. though ill probably jump on if i see you guys playing.[/quote]

This is pretty much what happened to me. I'll have to play around with it a bit next time I'm on (probably Sunday night).

One question, are the online play and graphics decent?

I played only Socom 1 and 2 and from what I remember the framerate was horrible and would get worse as there were more graphics intensive objects (aka water). I know it's next gen already, but this has been common in all the ps2 Socom games.

[quote name='option.iv']One question, are the online play and graphics decent?

I played only Socom 1 and 2 and from what I remember the framerate was horrible and would get worse as there were more graphics intensive objects (aka water). I know it's next gen already, but this has been common in all the ps2 Socom games.[/QUOTE]

online play is all there is. the graphics are fine, nothing amazing but they do the job.

on a side note. i hate how this game makes me want to play it.
honestly i cant figure out why i like it so much. it seems like graw but not as good but its more fun to play.

[quote name='paz9x']
honestly i cant figure out why i like it so much. [/quote]

Me neither, but it seems to have single handedly even got me to like 3rd person vs 1st person.

[quote name='paz9x']
honestly i cant figure out why i like it so much. it seems like graw but not as good but its more fun to play.[/quote]

Socom=Crack Cocaine......Shit is addicting!

[quote name='iHack']Is there an organized night for SC? I would like to play with some fellow CAGers...[/quote]

Check the thread title

[quote name='iHack']Is there an organized night for SC? I would like to play with some fellow CAGers...[/QUOTE]

Add me to your friends list

Heh, I should of known Smig :p my baddd

m_d i'll add you when I get on in a little bit, I play a lot, but I am in a clan with RL friends... Is it cool to play even though I am not apart of the clan?

[quote name='iHack']Heh, I should of known Smig :p my baddd

m_d i'll add you when I get on in a little bit, I play a lot, but I am in a clan with RL friends... Is it cool to play even though I am not apart of the clan?[/quote]

No worries man. You dont need to be part of the clan to play, in fact you should bring your clan with you. The more knives the better!

[quote name='silks']This is pretty much what happened to me. I'll have to play around with it a bit next time I'm on (probably Sunday night).[/quote]

It's been so long since I've synched a headset with my PS3 that I forgot you have to adjust Accessory Settings/Audio Settings and change the Input/Output device to the Wireless Headset. I had it registered and my PS3 was seeing it, but I hadn't told the PS3 to start using it.

Now it works like a charm.

[quote name='paz9x']
honestly i cant figure out why i like it so much. it.[/QUOTE]

Even though I get slaughtered constantly, I totally agree with this. The two weeks leading up to the holidays I was going to work with 3-4 hours of sleep due to my addiction to this game. Now that I'm back home I can't wait to get back into it. I hope to get some time in tonight and I'll for sure be in tomorrow for the CAG night.

This game has not allowed me to play it for the past week no matter how many times I've tried. Whenever I try to enter a game it lets me into the lobby and then when it starts loading the match it starts making high pitched beeping noises and then sends me straight back to the main menu, or a little pop up shows up that tells me PSN had an error and it's signing out.

PSN does not do this for any other game that I have tried including games like Resistance 2, they all work fine...except this one.

Am I choosing the wrong channels? I always stick to the US East channels with low numbers like 1 2 and 3 because I live in Florida but none of them ever work. Is this just a problem with my game or is everyone having all of these damned issues with the game?

I need to get back into this. It's not pulling me in like the rest of you, but it is a fun game on CAG nights.

Does picking channels even matter? I usually pick Canada West since I live in Alaska and that would be the closest channel or server, I assume. But CAG nights are held in Korea so I going to assume all servers are in the same place, just with different names for people of various regions to hook up.

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']This
game has not allowed me to play it for the past week no matter how many times I've tried. Whenever I try to enter a game it lets me into the lobby and then when it starts loading the match it starts making high pitched beeping noises and then sends me straight back to the main menu, or a little pop up shows up that tells me PSN had an error and it's signing out.

PSN does not do this for any other game that I have tried including games like Resistance 2, they all work fine...except this one.

Am I choosing the wrong channels? I always stick to the US East channels with low numbers like 1 2 and 3 because I live in Florida but none of them ever work. Is this just a problem with my game or is everyone having all of these damned issues with the game?[/QUOTE]

are you torrenting¿ thats the only time i get trouble with disconnect

Sorry I didn't get into your games last night mdamore and Goldbug. I looked at your room a few times and it was full, so I tried some ranked games on my own. Did horribly.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Sorry I didn't get into your games last night mdamore and Goldbug. I looked at your room a few times and it was full, so I tried some ranked games on my own. Did horribly.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. We were totally getting our tails kicked by an 8 member clan that knew their sh*t. I was padding some guys stats by running into his bullets with my face over and over. It was still a blast to play again. I'm looking forward to playing with the CAGs tonight.

[quote name='Thongsy']
Does picking channels even matter? I usually pick Canada West since I live in Alaska and that would be the closest channel or server, I assume. But CAG nights are held in Korea so I going to assume all servers are in the same place, just with different names for people of various regions to hook up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']
Am I choosing the wrong channels? I always stick to the US East channels with low numbers like 1 2 and 3 because I live in Florida but none of them ever work. Is this just a problem with my game or is everyone having all of these damned issues with the game?[/QUOTE]

Other than the channels limiting to 256 players I don't think it really matters. I haven't noticed any difference in lag or anything like that from any of the servers. I usually look for one around 200 people in it when I'm looking for a random game. When you accept a game invite you just need to find a channel that has room in it. Then when you select "Join Game" it takes you to the correct channel and room.

Whats up fellas dust off your Fatigues and ski masks its almost time

im Gonna switch up the maps and settings for tonight ill keep it limited to 5 respawns , i think it flows well that way

I just started playing tonight and would love to play with some friendly CAGers.

Is there anything special I need to do to get into a CAG game?

mdam0re I sent you a Friend Invite, if that matters.

EDIT: I have a headset too, to make communication easier.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I just started playing tonight and would love to play with some friendly CAGers.

Is there anything special I need to do to get into a CAG game?

mdam0re I sent you a Friend Invite, if that matters.

EDIT: I have a headset too, to make communication easier.[/QUOTE]

nothing Special really just your focus up and ready for fun

Server is up

KOREA
CAG

see you in there

Couple of good games tonight, guys. Sorry I had to leave so quickly, but I had to jet and I figured 3-on-3 would be better for you guys anyways. Hopefully next time we can get some even numbers and play deep into the night.

Sorry for leaving early today. I got tired of getting spawn camped so I just went to a different game. Hopefully if more people show up we can play some no-respawn games.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Sorry for leaving early today. I got tired of getting spawn camped so I just went to a different game. Hopefully if more people show up we can play some no-respawn games.[/quote]I think I got you once coming right outside of where the satchel was in that underground thing of that city map. Sorry if that was the case and that goes against the code of conduct.

I actually fell off the edge of that little balcony overlooking the street. Always have a hard time finding my way back in the building so I just ran around the street level.

I should be able to play this Tuesday night after Scrubs!

I am not the least bit interested in playing no-respawn matches...I hope that's not a consideration here.

[quote name='bmachine']I should be able to play this Tuesday night after Scrubs!

I am not the least bit interested in playing no-respawn matches...I hope that's not a consideration here.[/quote]

You do know the game is a no respawn game right? Sooner or later you are gonna have to play them...

ive been sick as shit since last week. finally feeling better today.
ill be off and on this week. and ill definately make it tuesday night.

Had a great time for the time I played last night, although it seems the SOCOM community in general is kinder than what I'm used to on Xbox live.

Hopefully I should be around for tuesdays game.

Cutting the respawn to 3 might be nice, as it seems to be a good balance between being tactical and not being left out of play for too long.

Also, is there somewhere I can get overviews of the maps, so I can get better acquainted with them (besides hard time on the maps)? I googled around, but haven't had too much luck so far.

[quote name='smiggity']You do know the game is a no respawn game right? Sooner or later you are gonna have to play them...[/quote]

I totally get that...it doesn't mean that I have to like it, though! ;)

[quote name='m_d_amore']should we cut it from 5 to 3?[/quote]

Yea, five is still too much. I think 3 would be best, you can be careless once, but you better start watching out and take care of those lives you have left.

[quote name='Thongsy']Yea, five is still too much. I think 3 would be best, you can be careless once, but you better start watching out and take care of those lives you have left.[/quote]

I was going to suggest trying three also. Maybe we can start lowering it one per week and see if Randy notices.

[quote name='metaly']I was going to suggest trying three also. Maybe we can start lowering it one per week and see if Randy notices.[/quote]

ceiling_cat.jpg

Ceiling Cat is watching you play SOCOM to make sure you don't fuck with the settings. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']I just read that they added trophies for Socom as well. Nice to see more games getting postrelease support.[/quote]

You joking? It was supposed to be there upon release. Its on the back of the box...

hey just picked up a copy of the game and its pretty damn sweet. very new to it (never played any of the previous titles in the series) but enjoying the fine art of catching bullets with my head. the bad reviews for this game are waaayy off! is it just me or is the community a bit more mature than others? its refreshing to not have to deal with the angry trash talking 10 yr olds i usually run into on xbox live. if its not a problem could you send me an invite to your clan? im usually on everynight unless i have to pull a late shift or the wife decides to regulate.

psn id: dirtyharry509

[quote name='VipFREAK']Oippd sorry aty frinms agnon[/quote]

Drunken!

Great games tonight everyone. Its good to be back in action

bread's done
Back