CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

[quote name='bmachine']Really? I didn't notice that. Good to know...I was constantly running low on ammo and now I know why. I was reloading too often, apparently.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure youve got 5 mags and rotate them.

Been having fun playing this tonight since my net is good. No issues to speak of other than the typical glitches that I know are Socom and not me. Kinda funny, but I used to be a big RSV2 whore. I tried playing that tonight and boy do I suck at it now. lol Even funnier is that game is still bad even on my better net connection. Guess I'm getting back to being a PS whore like the good ol days (ps1 and ps2).

[quote name='VipFREAK']How do you guys deal with long distance shots...? Last couple of times I've done it I've gotten shot with assault rifles... :roll:

Also, I'd really wish they'd ban RPG... it would get rid of a lot of tOOl... erm, unskilled players.[/quote]

Medium scope with an Assault Rifle can take out long range, the problem is if the long range gunner sees you. If he does you need to take an alternate route and sneak up behind him.

RPG's and 203s are being banned from ranked rooms in 1.3

Dude RSV2 lag problems makes Socom look like a finished game.

[quote name='smiggity']Medium scope with an Assault Rifle can take out long range, the problem is if the long range gunner sees you. If he does you need to take an alternate route and sneak up behind him.[/quote]

Thanks, I'm trying that route now. We'll see how it goes. :)

[quote name='smiggity']RPG's and 203s are being banned from ranked rooms in 1.3 [/quote]

Thank the fucking lord!

[quote name='smiggity']Dude RSV2 lag problems makes Socom look like a finished game.[/quote]

Well, the problems for me were low ping rates, emptying all clips at an enemies head in T-hunt and dying from a UMP45..., and finally I get kicked out of the game alot or the host is lost.

Socom... it's that damn brief freezing that's killing me. Hopefully it's fixed in 1.3

Edit: Oh yeah, also... can someone explain to me wtf everytime before I start the game I have to agree to their fucking turns on a game I BOUGHT and that can't be copied?!?! geez...

Last edited by a moderator:
My dumb ass forgot that I hadn't installed anything since my PS3 died ....... so I've spent the last hour or so installing game data/updates. I'm done for the night. Maybe next time.

weve been baking and icing cookie for hours. im enjoying some milk and cookies and going to bed.
ill be on sunday.

Yeah, those little shits were seriously obnoxious. I voted to kick them but I don't think anyone else did.

Regardless, this game is really addictive. I'm liking it more and more as I get the hang of it.

[quote name='arnoldhead']I got d/c so I called it a night. Would've been better if those little kids weren't yelling at each other for the first hour or so.[/quote]I blew an eardrum when one of them started to yell directly into the mic. They had RPGs going off left and right in that one hostage game.

And you killed me three straight times as I tried to get back at you each time. Fourth time was the charm, so I decided to do a little dance over your bullet-riddled corpse.

Good stuff guys.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Pretty fun guys, you can vote to kick!? Why didn't I see it!? damn...[/quote]

In the pause menu, if I remember correctly...highlight the player's name and push triangle and you get an option that says "vote to kick?".

I tried to desperately find the "mute player" button but had to settle for turning ALL voice volume down... Never did see the kick one although now that I know about it I'll definitely be using it. Thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']And you killed me three straight times as I tried to get back at you each time. Fourth time was the charm, so I decided to do a little dance over your bullet-riddled corpse.

Good stuff guys.[/quote]
Are you sure it was only three times? :lol:
I had a good laugh when I saw you doing that though. Touche SteveMcQ, touche.

I missed out because I had to get up at 5am this morning so I went to bed at 10pm. I'm out until New Years so I'll catch you guys next year.

[quote name='bmachine']Yeah, those little shits were seriously obnoxious. I voted to kick them but I don't think anyone else did.

Regardless, this game is really addictive. I'm liking it more and more as I get the hang of it.[/quote]

Damn dude I totally forgot about tonight. This holiday thing is killing my gaming...

The game is straight crack, cant wait to get back on.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I tried to desperately find the "mute player" button but had to settle for turning ALL voice volume down... Never did see the kick one although now that I know about it I'll definitely be using it. Thanks.[/quote]

Mute Player is in thevsame menu as Kick Player. Just click on their name and scroll down.

Good games last night even though I only got in like 2 of them before most of the people went offline :whistle2:( And oh man how I hate spawn campers :bomb:

Also, how come nobody was talking on the first team I joined? According to the lobby afterwords everybody had mics and I'd say the majority of doing well with this game requires good communication.

[quote name='woodcan']Good games last night even though I only got in like 2 of them before most of the people went offline :whistle2:( And oh man how I hate spawn campers :bomb:

Also, how come nobody was talking on the first team I joined? According to the lobby afterwords everybody had mics and I'd say the majority of doing well with this game requires good communication.[/quote]
I dunno if we were on the same team, but there isn't a whole lot of strategy involved when there's respawn. Just go around and kill people, and if you're a newb like me, try to explore and learn the map. BTW is it just me or are VIP maps impossible when there's respawn :wall:

I would like to join, anybody I gotta add? PSN ID: ToxicGoblin . Sorry Im from Europe so its tough for me to understand the EST/PST times, I live in East Florida so what time do these nights start for me? Sorry for being a noob.

Got this game for xmas (mainly for the headset to use with my cell phone...figured i'd weasel a game out of it you know?) hoping it's not as bad as reviews claim.

Just got this for Christmas, so YES I am in with bells on. I did the install this morning, but I'll be on tonight no doubt (and I'll likely be totally useless since I've never played before).

I really dig the "realism" of outfitting your character, especially the fact that you can choose how much they're encumbered. Makes you really think about what you equip in terms of body armor and weapons.

[quote name='Leisser-Kaiser']I would like to join, anybody I gotta add? PSN ID: ToxicGoblin . Sorry Im from Europe so its tough for me to understand the EST/PST times, I live in East Florida so what time do these nights start for me? Sorry for being a noob.[/quote]

You're EST, Kaiser.

[quote name='bmachine']You're EST, Kaiser.[/quote]

Are you sure East Florida isnt like a city or something in Europe? It seemed like he was having trouble converting to GMT or whatever.

Wanna clear it up? Do you live in Florida? If so the times on the thread title work for you.

Damn I miss the marathon sessions on this game. I cant wait to get back up to school.

[quote name='smiggity']Are you sure East Florida isnt like a city or something in Europe? It seemed like he was having trouble converting to GMT or whatever.[/quote]

Hahaha.

It's just south of Georgia. ;)

[quote name='smiggity']
Damn I miss the marathon sessions on this game. I cant wait to get back up to school.[/QUOTE]

I'm totally with you on this one. I've been south for the last 6 days and have another 5 before I'll be back home with my ps3. The warm weather is a nice break from the -23˚ in MN but I am totally missing the nightly socom sessions.

[quote name='metaly']Hahaha.

It's just south of Georgia. ;)[/quote]Now smiggity might be thinking this Georgia.
750x750_georgia_m.gif

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah guys I need specifics...Like an atlas and shit! What are your coordinates??!??!?:whee:

:lol::lol:[/quote]Someone's been playing too much SOCOM. First he's asking for coordinates, next thing he'll be asking how many klicks between cities.

On the bright side, while you are all away, I am memorizing the maps...

So hard coming from years and years of CS, I need my mouse back.

[quote name='Cigarl']I'm totally with you on this one. I've been south for the last 6 days and have another 5 before I'll be back home with my ps3. The warm weather is a nice break from the -23˚ in MN but I am totally missing the nightly socom sessions.[/quote]

Cant wait to tear up some 4x4s when we get back.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Someone's been playing too much SOCOM. First he's asking for coordinates, next thing he'll be asking how many klicks between cities.[/quote]

Haha Lol

[quote name='nogglefish']On the bright side, while you are all away, I am memorizing the maps...

So hard coming from years and years of CS, I need my mouse back.[/quote]

At least someone is getting there fix in. Cant wait to get the regulars back together...

yea ill be on tonight if i can . ive been away took my ps3 but no Internet over here damn . but ill be back at the crib tonight to get some in

i just got PS3 & socom for xmas. can someone send me a clan invite? name is same as here: Psychobuck
let me know when ones been sent please.
thanks!
ps - ill be on in a lil bit. ill be checking back here to see when i get an invite.

This game has problems. It crashes the entire PS3 whenever you unsuccessfully try to enter a server, sometimes there's ridiculous lag, there's glitches, the menu is wonky to navigate and it's hard to believe any of you have the patience to tolerate these problems for such a bare-bones and outdated shooter...IMHO

I guess i won't be participating in this since I have had a lousy experience with this game.

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']This game has problems. It crashes the entire PS3 whenever you unsuccessfully try to enter a server, sometimes there's ridiculous lag, there's glitches, the menu is wonky to navigate and it's hard to believe any of you have the patience to tolerate these problems for such a bare-bones and outdated shooter...IMHO
[/QUOTE]

I've never had my ps3 crash when I've been unsuccessful in getting into a server. The invite/menu system is anything but smooth, but once you're in a game this is easily the best multiplayer shooter out there. I've never been into 1st person shooters because it's always 12 year old kids yelling in your ear and talking trash while trying to shoot anything that moves. This game requires teamwork and patience (not just with the menu system:lol:) to play. When you are in with a good group of players it totally rocks. Plus there is no better way to die than getting knifed in the back by mdamore.;)

even in the horrible beta i never had it crash my ps3 from not getting into a server.
there are issues with the menus and the invite/party system is garbage.
but yeah the game is solid.
i dont know that id say its the best out there as its not for everyone (which is one of its positives IMO)

sorry youve had such a bad experience with socom.

This game is a lot like CoD4 and with that said I'd rather have glitches that I know aren't anyone's fault rather than Atari Sounds and a room full of tOOls via CoD4... Anyway, I'll probably get on pretty soon.

I had it crash me back to the XMB once, I thought that was odd. Never happened again though. The interface could be smoother, but once you're in, it's fine.

[quote name='Cigarl']I've never had my ps3 crash when I've been unsuccessful in getting into a server. The invite/menu system is anything but smooth, but once you're in a game this is easily the best multiplayer shooter out there. I've never been into 1st person shooters because it's always 12 year old kids yelling in your ear and talking trash while trying to shoot anything that moves. This game requires teamwork and patience (not just with the menu system:lol:) to play. When you are in with a good group of players it totally rocks. Plus there is no better way to die than getting knifed in the back by mdamore.;)[/quote]

Best shooter out there x2. Get your knifes up!

I have had it crash a few times, each time was on a 16v16 game... Glitches from time to time no doubt... Hoping 1.30 fixes some things.

bread's done
Back