CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

What's up guys. This CAG night might actually get me to play Socom. I've had it since the release date and never played it due to the bugs at the relase. I've wnated to play it but never went back to it. See you all online.

[quote name='m_d_amore']what you guys want to do tonight? respawn or some ranked or both[/QUOTE]

doesnt matter to me.
i wont be on until the charger game is over though.

Sorry I dropped off boys. My headset wasn't working at all, and I had no idea what the heck I was doing anyways. I'm going to try again tomorrow night.

Sorry I didn't get to join up with you guys last night! I was lured away by the promise of alcohol and loose women. ;)

In other news, if anyone is in need of a copy of SOCOM it looks like this dude is selling his for $30.

[quote name='lilredvampy']well i finally bought a copy with headset and i swear it took for ever to install then patch[/QUOTE]

cool send me a friend request and ill send a clan invite

Is there a guy named uzi007 or something in the clan? Ever since I started playing this I've been getting all these random friend requests. Most of them turn out to be CAGs but I don't remember this guy.

is there a specific server we play in? i cant believe they did away with the ability to see whre your friends and clan members are. what idiots! i saw a bunch of you on earlier but i couldnt find ya.

[quote name='psychobuck']is there a specific server we play in? i cant believe they did away with the ability to see whre your friends and clan members are. what idiots! i saw a bunch of you on earlier but i couldnt find ya.[/QUOTE]

that is part of the patch slated for next week

i dont remeber an uzi007 tho

I'm thinking of getting this game but I've heard its the buggiest game released this generation. Is the next patch supposed to fix all of this?

[quote name='genfuyung']I'm thinking of getting this game but I've heard its the buggiest game released this generation. Is the next patch supposed to fix all of this?[/QUOTE]

while it could be better in a lot of ways. its damn fun as it is.
super patch is due out in the next couple weeks i recall. its in this thread not too far back.

I played for about two hours last night, no bugs, no glitches. Was playing an 8v8. I seem to have the most problems in 16v16, and it isn't my network... Shrug?

over 60 hours played froze maybe 6 times bounced to the xmb 2 times
what bugs me is dying alot but experience is the best teacher

amore, regarding my previous question... do we have, or if not, can we decide on a certain server where our clan will play regularly so that we can find each other. like old school with socom 1, we can say our clan will meet up in East 6 for example. that way when multiple people are on, you know to look there for a room for our clan. make sense?

[quote name='psychobuck']amore, regarding my previous question... do we have, or if not, can we decide on a certain server where our clan will play regularly so that we can find each other. like old school with socom 1, we can say our clan will meet up in East 6 for example. that way when multiple people are on, you know to look there for a room for our clan. make sense?[/QUOTE]
As of right now we dont have a server I just jump in where there is room and send XMB messages to others or the in Game invites.

However for the Game Nights like tonight Ive been keeping it in the Korean Channel because noones in there hardly and we can just play with each other and not get slaughtered :)

Also in the new Patch next week (hopefully) they are integrating the server your in into the xmb friend thingy a la LBP so it will be alot easier to find people.

Other than that if you see me or the rest of the gang send a xmb message so we can kill together

[quote name='psychobuck']amore, regarding my previous question... do we have, or if not, can we decide on a certain server where our clan will play regularly so that we can find each other. like old school with socom 1, we can say our clan will meet up in East 6 for example. that way when multiple people are on, you know to look there for a room for our clan. make sense?[/quote]

I really really like this idea. The problem is it would have to be a Server that isnt full all the time.

Let's pick a list Rooms that when we are just messing around, we hit first.

Until the patch, that is really the easiest way to find each other. We could just pick a region and start down the list.

I would suggest perhaps Canada East 1, 2, 3, 4? They seem to be less populated than US...

[quote name='m_d_amore']also some people change their psn message to say where they are[/QUOTE]

thats a good idea.
i say you stick with korea. its a ghost town.

i got rid of the large maps last week :) i just gotta adjust some things an d ill get the room up in a few
mix it up a lil more

I lowered the respawn count to 5 as well it should be fun .we had a few new faces on sunday so hopefully we can get a large enough group one day so we can use a large map.

i figure after the map rotation is done we will hop in a ranked room for a few inter clan demo games or oomething but thats way later

Respawn fun will commence in less than 40 min

My game just superfroze so I think I'm gonna use that as an excuse to get some food. Good games tonight, though, especially towards the end when we had 5v5. It was like the gates of hell had opened up!

[quote name='bmachine']Good games tonight! :applause:

Which map is Frostfire?[/QUOTE]

the one with the water towers, computer, room tunnels the one you finally saw in the day lol

That's a pretty fun map even though I don't know my way around. That's still the case for most of the maps though, sadly.

I was trying to get used to using the proximity chat but I don't think people could hear me. (I think psychobuck radioed me back one time with "what?") Does anyone else use that at all? I'm wondering what the range on it is, too.

And smog (plus anyone else), you should definitely check out Battlefield 2142. Or BF2 even -- better maps but the squad mechanics aren't as good. I'll drop whatever else I'm playing if someone says they're putting a squad together.

[quote name='metaly']That's a pretty fun map even though I don't know my way around. That's still the case for most of the maps though, sadly.

I was trying to get used to using the proximity chat but I don't think people could hear me. (I think psychobuck radioed me back one time with "what?") Does anyone else use that at all? I'm wondering what the range on it is, too.

And smog (plus anyone else), you should definitely check out Battlefield 2142. Or BF2 even -- better maps but the squad mechanics aren't as good. I'll drop whatever else I'm playing if someone says they're putting a squad together.[/quote]

Will definitely check that out. I could hear you over the proximity chat fine its been been so long since Ive played I pretty much forgot about it. I like using that when we are moving together as a group. Me and mdamore use it a lot though. I dont really know about the range.

Also I cant believe I forgot to post this last time but that C4 kill mdamore had on me was sick. You baited me into that one bad. I was laughing so hard after I died.

[quote name='m_d_amore']the one with the water towers, computer, room tunnels the one you finally saw in the day lol[/quote]

Ah, right...yeah, that one is fun. I also like the one with the office buildings that are across the street from each other. I freakin' hate that map with the satellite dishes, though.

[quote name='metaly']I was trying to get used to using the proximity chat but I don't think people could hear me. (I think psychobuck radioed me back one time with "what?") Does anyone else use that at all? I'm wondering what the range on it is, too.[/quote]

What's proximity chat? Is that when I can occasionally hear random chatter through my TV speakers instead of in my headset?

Maybe I should read the manual...

Are there any tricks to getting SOCOM to recognize your PS3 Headset? I haven't gone back to fiddle with mine yet, but even though the PS3 saw my headset I couldn't get SOCOM to see it.

NOTE: I have not read the headset manual, since the SOCOM manual says nothing and it's not even included in the bundle.

I figured it'd be easy enough to click on a couple of buttons and get the game to see it, but no luck so far.

[quote name='silks']Are there any tricks to getting SOCOM to recognize your PS3 Headset? I haven't gone back to fiddle with mine yet, but even though the PS3 saw my headset I couldn't get SOCOM to see it.

NOTE: I have not read the headset manual, since the SOCOM manual says nothing and it's not even included in the bundle.

I figured it'd be easy enough to click on a couple of buttons and get the game to see it, but no luck so far.[/quote]

Plug one end of the USB cord that is hooked up to the dock directly into the top of headset, and the other end into the USB port on the PS3. It will sync automatically

[quote name='smiggity']Plug one end of the USB cord that is hooked up to the dock directly into the top of headset, and the other end into the USB port on the PS3. It will sync automatically[/QUOTE]

i was having headset troubles last night too.
i think what happened is i left the headset in its cradle attached to the ps3. then took it out and turned it on.
the pop up came up showing it was connected but i didnt hear anybody talking through it and nobody was responding to me.
kinda sucked.
i played pretty crappy, itll take me a bit to get back into it.
im looking forward to sundays games. though ill probably jump on if i see you guys playing.

[quote name='bmachine']What's proximity chat? Is that when I can occasionally hear random chatter through my TV speakers instead of in my headset?[/quote]

From what I understand, you can just talk like it's open mic and it'll get broadcast to anyone in the vicinity of your character. And yeah, it comes through the speakers instead of the headset, and the other team can hear too if they're nearby. It's got potential but I still have to figure out what the range is like, how loud I have to be for people to actually hear, etc.

Another plus is it lets me hear the other team cackling whenever they kill me. :)

the last few pages in the manual with the bundle has instructions for the headset IIRC.

also check in the XMB accesory menu to make sure its the headset and not your rockband mic or Eye thats your using.

fun games last night .

i think sunday the turnout should be better with the holidays behind us we shall see

[quote name='m_d_amore']the last few pages in the manual with the bundle has instructions for the headset IIRC.

[/quote]

This is correct.

How is the socom headset? I've used it twice now and people tell me they can't really hear me. They weren't using socom headsets but I'm just worried that the quality is iffy.

[quote name='metaly']From what I understand, you can just talk like it's open mic and it'll get broadcast to anyone in the vicinity of your character. And yeah, it comes through the speakers instead of the headset, and the other team can hear too if they're nearby. It's got potential but I still have to figure out what the range is like, how loud I have to be for people to actually hear, etc.

Another plus is it lets me hear the other team cackling whenever they kill me. :)[/QUOTE]

the range is wide enough for me to hear the other team when they were upstairs in a game last night.

also if youre havgin headset issues like that it is your copy and not the general design.

fuck year, I got SOCOM Confrontation today with the headset. $45 at BlockBuster!

I'll be glad to play with some CAGs. I'm sure I'll suck until I really start to get into the game.

[quote name='naes']fuck year, I got SOCOM Confrontation today with the headset. $45 at BlockBuster!

I'll be glad to play with some CAGs. I'm sure I'll suck until I really start to get into the game.[/QUOTE]

add me and ill send a clan invite

bread's done
Back