CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Basically, Socom Ranked does not equal online no respawn RSV2. I understand being more careful, but that's not the issue for me. It's who gets where first, not really strategy or skill like RSV2. Then there's getting used to the sometimes funky controls or view. I would have more fun in RSV2 no respawn than in Socom.

[quote name='paz9x']if youre interested in the headset buy the bundle.
the headset is pretty darned good.
sonic will be had much cheaper soon IMO.[/QUOTE]Well, I like every single Sonic that wasn't Sonic 06. And while I understand the price will drop, it's really hard for me to resist right now (I bought NiGHTs at $50 even on Wii and really liked it).

I only played SOCOM games on PS2 offline (I didn't have a network adapter) and thought the gameplay was good. I'm into most online games, so I'm willing to give it a shot (plus I like most Sony first party published games). I know the headset is pretty nice, but part of me doesn't want to get it since my headset is good (although it has been a miss a few times lately, and I have somewhat of a feeling it will go out like my last headset). Tough decision, but I'll make one. When I do get it, I'll be in nights; however, not too sure about Tuesday nights unless I move the racing night around.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I like every single Sonic that wasn't Sonic 06. And while I understand the price will drop, it's really hard for me to resist right now (I bought NiGHTs at $50 even on Wii and really liked it).

I only played SOCOM games on PS2 offline (I didn't have a network adapter) and thought the gameplay was good. I'm into most online games, so I'm willing to give it a shot (plus I like most Sony first party published games). I know the headset is pretty nice, but part of me doesn't want to get it since my headset is good (although it has been a miss a few times lately, and I have somewhat of a feeling it will go out like my last headset). Tough decision, but I'll make one. When I do get it, I'll be in nights; however, not too sure about Tuesday nights unless I move the racing night around.[/QUOTE]

if you have any use for a headset for your phone i reccomend it. you dont have to repair the headset every time like you would with some other headsets.

good luck with your choice =)

The headset is decent, but if you already have another quality headset there is no reason to get it at all. You can probably find the game for $30 or less online. That is the route I wish I went instead of getting the one with the headset, since I already had a quality LG one.

[quote name='Thongsy']The headset is decent, but if you already have another quality headset there is no reason to get it at all. You can probably find the game for $30 or less online. That is the route I wish I went instead of getting the one with the headset, since I already had a quality LG one.[/QUOTE]When doing the math, I'd get the game for $27.99. I have $14.85 in GameStop credit. I might trade in another game just for the heck of it, but other than that, I won't have to pay much for it anyway. I think I'll just go that route (I'll probably just hold off on Sonic Unleashed).

Finally got it in the mail and started playing. It's pretty fun but I have a hard time seeing people that camp in the shadows. Anyways I hope I can play with you guys sometime, although it looks like most of you are on the East coast.

It's making me install the game again, I don't know why. The only thing I can think of is before I had the bundle copy and now it's just the standalone. But WTF? It should be the same disc, right?

I'm on the west coast as well and it's funny to see all you guys playing so late all the time. :) Glad you don't all go to bed by the time I get home!

Yeah it was late as hell. Good games though. Im about to go back to my parents crib for a week or so here which means I wont be on nearly as much as usual.

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah it was late as hell. Good games though. Im about to go back to my parents crib for a week or so here which means I wont be on nearly as much as usual.[/QUOTE]

hopefully you can make it for tomorrow nights game

[quote name='guner101']zeeky are you gonna be on tomarrow? becuase my clan is gonna have a match with the CAG clan tomarrow[/QUOTE]

I need to practice playing this game and getting used to the controls and all before going into an actual clan match, so probably not. :[

[quote name='guner101']zeeky are you gonna be on tomarrow? becuase my clan is gonna have a match with the CAG clan tomarrow[/QUOTE]

not sure how much of a match it will be theres maybe 5 Cags on at once so far , although interest has been picking up

we will most likely will do a unranked respawn for a few rounds tomorrow night then go into some 4x4 8x8 ranked see how the turnout is

not sure what the headset talk was all about above, but I must say I love the bundled headset. Much better than other BT headset I had (motorola) but it works well, I don't have to speak loudly, ear-volume is perfect and mute is tops when my GF is yelling to me from the bedroom and I have to respond or else LOL.

anyway, I'm hooked on CoD WaW right now, but with trophies, I'll have something else to work for with SOCOM if I can get into it again. I get frustrated easily with games.

Good games last night. I actually killed some guys. :)

Is there a good site where I can read up on weapons, tactics, etc.? I think right now I'm just using the default loadouts and they're all right.

Also is the proximity chat open mic? I noticed a few times some people said stuff that would come out of my speakers and not the headset. Kind of annoying because it was hard to hear.

[quote name='m_d_amore']not sure how much of a match it will be theres maybe 5 Cags on at once so far , although interest has been picking up

we will most likely will do a unranked respawn for a few rounds tomorrow night then go into some 4x4 8x8 ranked see how the turnout is[/quote]

Yeah dude lets do something like that. Also I would like to do a control point on frostfire to see how that works. You wanna get a rotation set up and saved to your HD? If not I will set something up tonight. I will probably be there tomorrow, just a little late.

[quote name='metaly']Good games last night. I actually killed some guys. :)

Is there a good site where I can read up on weapons, tactics, etc.? I think right now I'm just using the default loadouts and they're all right.

Also is the proximity chat open mic? I noticed a few times some people said stuff that would come out of my speakers and not the headset. Kind of annoying because it was hard to hear.[/quote]

Yeah good times. Check the official Socom forums. They have all sorts of threads with tips and weapon stats. Also proximity chat is open mic, including the other team

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'll try to be on tomorrow. Hopefully my internet will cooperate, they didn't really fix it... :roll:[/QUOTE]

I hope to join the match tomorrow night. I'm in the same boat as Smog. I'll be leaving monday for 9 days and I may have to go into Socom detox in order to survive the trip

[quote name='nogglefish']I am in 8x8 Med 3 - US East - 6

Good game here.[/QUOTE]

im jumpin in hopefully not full and maybe with another guy

Nice playing with some of you today. The game is pretty fun but some people take it way too seriously. BTW that 1.30 update couldn't come soon enough.

I agree, the people that get way too into it throw me off.. make me uncomfortable esp b/c this game req more talking and teamwork. If they're on your team, not fun. Other team, then I don't mind too much, cept for the smack talk.

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah dude lets do something like that. Also I would like to do a control point on frostfire to see how that works. You wanna get a rotation set up and saved to your HD? If not I will set something up tonight. I will probably be there tomorrow, just a little late.

[/QUOTE]

I made one up and its ready to roll tomorrow just a matter of server

[quote name='m_d_amore']I made one up and its ready to roll tomorrow just a matter of server[/quote]

Sweet dude. Appreciate that

On the subject of hardcore players, that's the Socom fanbase. It sucks at times but it is what it is. Its still a million times better than playing with children in COD4

Im sure we will have to tweak the game details but i think it should work out well we shall see.

it was funny today lots more dudes were glitchin in the smaller rooms and blame us . sayin "dude howd you do that" losers. that patch cant come quick enough

hey all. i havent read thru all the posts but i have a question. how is socom running these days? i know in the beginning there were horror stories about the servers etc... i think im getting a ps3 and socom for xmas and would love to get into a casual clan. i appreciate any input.

[quote name='psychobuck']hey all. i havent read thru all the posts but i have a question. how is socom running these days? i know in the beginning there were horror stories about the servers etc... i think im getting a ps3 and socom for xmas and would love to get into a casual clan. i appreciate any input.[/QUOTE]

in comparison to the beta its light years better. I attempted to play the beta and it was a train wreck.
i dont time out when joining games, the sound doesnt cut out, for the most part the frame rate is solid.

like other online games you get a lag here and there but it doesnt make the game unplayable like the beta was for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='psychobuck']hey all. i havent read thru all the posts but i have a question. how is socom running these days? i know in the beginning there were horror stories about the servers etc... i think im getting a ps3 and socom for xmas and would love to get into a casual clan. i appreciate any input.[/quote]

Very playable. Not perfect, but playable and fun.

I accepted the clan invite. I played for the first time and it was pretty good. Kind of reminds me of CoD (as far as feel and look), but in third person (which makes me happy, since I prefer third person over first person).

I think you can remove MSUHitman from the clan list because I remembered he traded in SOCOM a while ago.

Just got SOCOM the other day, just getting a feel for it. I'd love to join you guys sometime whenever you guys play, although I'm not all that good. My PSN is PeeKay53

Would any of the CAG SOCOM noobs be interested in hopping on around 9:00pm EST tonight to maybe futz around a bit?

We could check out some of the maps, experiment with different loadouts, etc. and not fuck up someone else's game.

[quote name='bmachine']Would any of the CAG SOCOM noobs be interested in hopping on around 9:00pm EST tonight to maybe futz around a bit?

We could check out some of the maps, experiment with different loadouts, etc. and not fuck up someone else's game.[/quote]I wouldn't mind doing that, but I can't get on until later, probably 1030pm EST.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I wouldn't mind doing that, but I can't get on until later, probably 1030pm EST.[/quote]

Aren't we all playing tonight @ 10:30?

tonights game is respawn madness and i might make it private 10 or 12 diffrent maps diffrent modes

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind going on a little earlier to mess around and learn the maps a little. Whoever's setting it up just send me an invite, I'll probably be on.

I'll be on then 1030ish. Whoever's spearheading this session, please send me a friend invite so I can join you. PSN ID is on the left.

Hey guys Add me if im not on your list or your not in the Clan.

Like I said before tonight is just a for fun game no need to feel pressure its all respawn . however im gonna limit it to 10 lives.

the game didnt save my map rotationn so im doing it right now again. im gonna try to get every map and every style of gameplay going im open to suggestions Ill post when im done prepping again with server details

bread's done
Back