CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

im down. send me an invite.

im not good at socom. i didnt play 2 or 3 at all.
ive done decently in the matches ive played randomly.
i usually get a kill and live through the round.
id really like to play with people who know whats up, communicate, and use some sort of tactics/teamwork.

you guys are done huh?

can one of you guys that play frequently send me an fr or a clan invite.
im off everyday and would like to spend some time playing this.

Done??? We go until 2am EST usually. So we were still on. Anyways im getting on in an hour or so and I will add you to the clan.

Anyways, the patch should be here very soon. There is a room up right now that they are testing in. Also it looks like they are switching up the 8x8 medleys (yes!) and shortening the room names. Lets hope they announce it coming out tomorrow.

Heres the video of what I was talking about in-game

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paz9x']i checked the room and didnt see anybody i recognized from here.[/QUOTE]
i sent a friend request

[quote name='paz9x']i checked the room and didnt see anybody i recognized from here.[/QUOTE]

The invite system is pretty whacked. When you get an in-game message and accept it you need to go to any region that has room and then when you choose join game it automatically takes you right to the correct region and room. It's pretty weird but it does work. It would be really nice if once you accept the invite it would hold your spot in the room until you can get there. I've had it happen a couple of times where it tells me the room is full when I try to join the game. I've had such a blast playing this with smog, md, vip and lethal. They are all really supportive and have help so much even when I do totally stupid things...I am learning though. Every game gets a bit better. It's also cool to get to watch those guys after being eliminated. This is a truly classic game.

If you guys need an extra man for a clan war you can msg me. I already have a Clan, been playing Confrontation since beta..but I could be an honorary CAG :)

Add me up, PSN name UGP-AGENTX44 (I use most of the time specially for gamebattles and clan wars) and Rounatic

[quote name='Cigarl']The invite system is pretty whacked. [/quote]

Yeah it is... So much, that I'd want to slit my wrists. I don't under stand it too since there are colleges like mine that teach UI design... And well, there's also common sense...

[quote name='metaly']I have the game again so I'm looking forward to getting in some practice with you guys.[/quote]

What happened? You trade it for the non headset version?

I'm getting socom, resistance 2 and motor storm 2. By the end of December. I'd love to join you clan becuase I don't know anyone that owns a ps3. I'll try to pm u later cause rightnow I'm typing this on my iPod and it six :)

I brought my PS3 over to my best friend's house and he was really digging the game. Better than that cracker shit that is COD4. We tried some different weapons too. I heart the shoty! Lol. Some one was shooting me from behind and I turned around and shot them in the face. LOL!

[quote name='VipFREAK']I brought my PS3 over to my best friend's house and he was really digging the game. Better than that cracker shit that is COD4. We tried some different weapons too. I heart the shoty! Lol. Some one was shooting me from behind and I turned around and shot them in the face. LOL![/quote]

Yeah the auto shotty on Mercs side is dope. Ill be on in an hour or so, gonna try to get some Shopping done real quick

[quote name='smiggity']What happened? You trade it for the non headset version?[/quote]

Pretty much. It was sort of a weird series of events now that I think about it.

i posted last night about joining, but i forgot to say my PSN id, here it is Twie i hope to play with you guys soon.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[quote name='Twie']i posted last night about joining, but i forgot to say my PSN id, here it is Twie i hope to play with you guys soon.[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/QUOTE]
friend request sent clan invite pending

Well the IW is always a solid choice. I roll with medium top and light bottom armor. For long range the M16 with high scope is good. The heavy guns are also good for support and holding down positions since they have 100 shot clips. I havent used any SMG so dont know about them.

[quote name='paz9x']im struggling with loadouts particularly on the commando side.
you guys have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

You cant go wrong with Medium top , light bottom.
As for weapons, try to get one you are most comfortable with. Its best to know your weapon.
If your french, FAMAS is an awesome weapon with grip and supressor. SAS has IW but its about the same as M4A1 but compared to FAMAS they have less damage but lower recoil and much more accurate on long range.

I prefer light armor top and bottom and HK7 with grip and supressor 2 or Med top / light bottom with M4A1 with Med scope and supressor 2.

My copy just came in, I should be able to join you guys for the next Socom night. I'll probably want to practice up a bit first just so I'm not a total newbie.

It was fun playing with you guys. Not sure how I still feel about the game so far. The invite system was confusing, I would click accept and nothing would happen and tell me to go to briefing and it seems I would have to randomly search for the game. I'll give it more time over the weekend when I can learn the controls better and play some more.

Just received mine today!

Does it have an offline tutorial like Warhawk or do I just have to jump into the firefight and try to figure out WTF I'm doing?

Sorry I mysteriously left... Stupid net went down. I had to call the fuckers, so they'd come out and fix this POS, but instead after insisting they come here they decided to make me go though the same bull shit process I've done before over the phone. It's working now, but I'm still gonna make them come out and look at this POS.

I have to say I dislike the "ranked" games because you get one shot and then it's sit around waiting to the next game... Really boring.

Yeah sitting around sucks man but its just more incentive to stay alive! Sorry I dipped out early last night. Anyways Im snowed in tonight so I will be on

I hear that the snows starting to come down here too.just stocked up some food so ill be on later as well.

die less and kill more

maybe we should try a respawn on sunday night ?
or a couple rounds of it anyways

Haha I doubt thats even possible Vip... I am gonna make a food and focus supply run here shortly, I should be on for some marathon sessions in a few hours.

Respawn sunday sounds fine by me. It will help us learn the maps/guns

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my PS3 today, getting everything set up now for it, so here about 5:00 I should be ready to go after I cash my checks and get this bad boy up and running.

Looking forward to playing some tonight or this weekend. I'm also hoping that with all the people getting this we can have some CAG on CAG games. I'm assuming those would have to be unranked, though... Is there any bonus to playing ranked games besides just getting promotions? (new weapons, outfits, etc.?)

[quote name='metaly']Looking forward to playing some tonight or this weekend. I'm also hoping that with all the people getting this we can have some CAG on CAG games. I'm assuming those would have to be unranked, though... Is there any bonus to playing ranked games besides just getting promotions? (new weapons, outfits, etc.?)[/quote]

All weapons and clothing are unlocked from the start other than the Clan specific items. The ranked games thing is just the way Socom is meant to be played. One life, so choose wisely. I have no problems with playing some respawn games though.

-And dcdrew, when you register for Playstation Network send me a friend request. I tried adding you but it said you are not registered or whatever.

[quote name='metaly']Looking forward to playing some tonight or this weekend. I'm also hoping that with all the people getting this we can have some CAG on CAG games. I'm assuming those would have to be unranked, though... Is there any bonus to playing ranked games besides just getting promotions? (new weapons, outfits, etc.?)[/QUOTE]
you can have ranked 1v1
no new guns yet i dont think

Got it. I'm cool with the no respawning part, since that adds to the strategy. I was just wondering if it was like CoD4 or something where you missed out on all the good equipment by only doing unranked. Glad that's not the case.

Should be up for a game with you guys this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm in the clan yet, but add me up if I'm not. I haven't logged onto SOCOM since the first meet-up. smiggity, you're already on my PSN friend list.

[quote name='smiggity']Haha I doubt thats even possible Vip... I am gonna make a food and focus supply run here shortly, I should be on for some marathon sessions in a few hours.

Respawn sunday sounds fine by me. It will help us learn the maps/guns[/QUOTE]

my biggest prblem is i dont know that maps at all.
the first game with you guys last night was the first time id even seen that map.

i prefer elimination to respawn as respawns completely changes how the game is played.
im still down to play respawns though as i need practice and just time in the maps.

ill be playing some resistance2 tonight but ill probably on socom after that wraps up.

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah sitting around sucks man but its just more incentive to stay alive! Sorry I dipped out early last night. Anyways Im snowed in tonight so I will be on[/QUOTE]

After you left last night we played one more round and got totally wasted 0-5. Those guys we were playing against were so stinking quick with the head shots. My mother-in-law staying with us tonight so I'm definitely hoping to get a few games in later.

As far as no re-spawn, I am way more careful than I would ever be in a game like Far Cry or CoD. I still get wasted a bunch but I feel I learn a lot from watching you and md play the different game modes and maps. Plus it's a total blast watching someone take down 3-4 guys single handily.

CAG vs CAG will be really fun when we get enough players together.

I'll let everyone know that I'm really thinking hard about buying the game soon. Main reason is that I have some GameStop credit, and some extra $$ to spend. I will either get SOCOM Confrontation or Sonic Unleashed.

If I go with SOCOM, I'm having a touch choice right now:
-Buy used at GS, using a 10% coupon + Edge ($34.99 used)
-Buy the bundle new. To some extent I want the headset since my older BT headset doesn't work too great these days and I'm getting a little tired of the USB wire (although it usually works great). But since I prefer to not spend a lot of money right now, kind of against it (since my headset does work).

[quote name='Cigarl']After you left last night we played one more round and got totally wasted 0-5. Those guys we were playing against were so stinking quick with the head shots. [/QUOTE]

im not sure we even had a kill in that game. i appreciated that they were respectfull and even gave us a, "good game" between rounds.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll let everyone know that I'm really thinking hard about buying the game soon. Main reason is that I have some GameStop credit, and some extra $$ to spend. I will either get SOCOM Confrontation or Sonic Unleashed.

If I go with SOCOM, I'm having a touch choice right now:
-Buy used at GS, using a 10% coupon + Edge ($34.99 used)
-Buy the bundle new. To some extent I want the headset since my older BT headset doesn't work too great these days and I'm getting a little tired of the USB wire (although it usually works great). But since I prefer to not spend a lot of money right now, kind of against it (since my headset does work).[/QUOTE]

if youre interested in the headset buy the bundle.
the headset is pretty darned good.
sonic will be had much cheaper soon IMO.

bread's done
Back