CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

[quote name='AXV1']Good games j-cart and asthmatic, hopefully everyone can be on tomorrow...

Yeah that was a pretty sweet MVP.[/QUOTE]

Had some friends over, had to show off :D

I set the fw update to download before I hit bed last night but haven't had a chance to turn the ps3 back on. I hope to see you guys tonight on SOCOM.

Remember when you play Socom 4 online to go to "Custom" game time and then select "Community Day Classic."

The games played in there are with shorter round times and is area Zipper is using to collect data for future updates. Counts toward your rank too.

[quote name='j-cart']Best Buy has it for $45 new.[/QUOTE]

that is tempting, probably just do that. thanks for the heads up. might pick it up this afternoon.

edit: amazon matched best buy, sold!

Last edited by a moderator:
J-cart I tried to join your game this afternoon but it said I didn't have the correct privileges or something like that. It was kind of weird. So I tried the move for the first time in the abandoned map. I got totally wasted by people that know the map better than me, but after starting 0-4 I turned it around and ended 8-9. I'm ready to go for Socom Sunday tonight.

[quote name='Cigarl']J-cart I tried to join your game this afternoon but it said I didn't have the correct privileges or something like that. It was kind of weird. So I tried the move for the first time in the abandoned map. I got totally wasted by people that know the map better than me, but after starting 0-4 I turned it around and ended 8-9. I'm ready to go for Socom Sunday tonight.[/QUOTE]

The friend joining system is terrible. I tried to connect to a bunch of you and just stop trying after like 10 minutes.

Need to study, we'll see if I get I tonight.

Managed to score a discount Full Deployment edition this morning from Amazon Warehouse Deals in "like new" condition. Hopefully that just means dented box and everything there is in great shape, plus the "pro" code. Out of town Mon - Friday afternoon though so won't be able to join until Saturday at the earliest.

Classic is kinda buggy when you view other cameras, maybe it's just me but I couldn't always be 100% respawned properly after a round was over if I was observing somebody else.

[quote name='asthmatic']When does the store come back? I bought the abanonded maps for $0.99 on ebay and want to make sure it works[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be up later this week, hopefully. No official date yet though, soon.

PSN is going under maintenance for "a half hour" because of the high demand of password resets.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asthmatic']anybody from cali having maintenance issues with psn right now?

we're live[/QUOTE]

I am. It won't let me log in after quitting out. I shut the ps3 down and turned it back on with no luck. It gives me the down for maintenance message that has been coming up for the last three weeks.

I tried resetting my password early this afternoon and it kept erroring at the "Confirm" button. Now this evening I'm getting the good old "Playstation Network is undergoing maintenance".
What a cock tease Sony!

[quote name='combatrhombus']I'm complete new to the SoCrack and want to play with the CAG clan. I can play sporadically.

PSN - combatrhombus[/QUOTE]

Learn to love classic mode. Clan meet ups will be primarily in the clan battle section, which is all Classic mode game types.

[quote name='j-cart']Learn to love classic mode. Clan meet ups will be primarily in the clan battle section, which is all Classic mode game types.[/QUOTE]
You'd be proud with all my Classic noobness. My first Classic match I went like 8/7 and the team I was on came back from 4-1 to win at 5-5 with a tie. Without any practice I think I would have gotten slaughtered as the opposing team was very good for the first 4 rounds. Insurgent love ftw.

What do you guys play as anyway? I'm not too fond of the Spec Ops team but I might as well work on a gun set I like for them. That's the only thing I'm not liking, freely being able to use any gun you've unlocked across the spectrum, unless that's unlocked later on as well.

mad39er - glad to hear you like the game. i miss the old spinning riot shields of mw2 yesterdays. for spec ops, ive been using the acr. you want to level/mod your to suppressor asap for classic mode. unfortunately, its a level 3 mod for the acr. a good alternative is the dk7 with a level 2 mod suppressor. i see most people are using the hs with the level 2 suppressor mod on terrorists side. also, i noticed that smog always uses the famas.

[quote name='enufs8d']mad39er - glad to hear you like the game. i miss the old spinning riot shields of mw2 yesterdays. for spec ops, ive been using the acr. you want to level/mod your to suppressor asap for classic mode. unfortunately, its a level 3 mod for the acr. a good alternative is the dk7 with a level 2 mod suppressor. i see most people are using the hs with the level 2 suppressor mod on terrorists side. also, i noticed that smog always uses the famas.[/QUOTE]
I use the HS36 on the Insurgent side, it allows me to be ultra ninja stealthy and do well with it. I really didn't like the DK7 much in single player, I felt the HS36 was more accurate overall/killed faster. I'll have to give the ACR a shot, it seems halfway decent but I never really went too crazy for it. Fairly sure most guns that have killed me are the FAMAS and ACR, occasional higher leveled people using the IA80(sp?). It seems all the guns I like are on the Insurgent side.

[quote name='enufs8d']i noticed that smog always uses the famas.[/QUOTE]

Stop Right There! I refuse to believe this slanderous accusation until I see it for myself...
For those that didn't play S:C the famas was the borderline broken assault rifle for quite awhile until it got nerfed in one of the patches

Funny. All this time I've just focused on one or two guns just to mod up like crazy, not realizing I modded guns without suppressors (except for my sub machine gun on insurgent side). Good thing you guys pointed that out. Saved, now have the hs36 and I forgot what on the other side.

We havin' this clan match-action go down tomorrow night? I may be late to the party but I'll def be on to jump in.

damn logged on to find server maintenance. darn!

some of you might enjoy ashmund's rendition:
18okd1.png

[quote name='nfs3freak']Good thing you guys pointed that out. Saved, now have the hs36 and I forgot what on the other side.[/QUOTE]If its the same as the single player campaign its likely the DK2 as they are the only two assault rifles with high suppressors. (They also feature low suppressors at lower mod levels.)

Hell, I've found out the hard way, that even cooperative MP is brutal without a good suppressor.

Out of curiosity, what do people carry for secondary weapons?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Out of curiosity, what do people carry for secondary weapons?[/QUOTE]
On smaller maps I end up using the C9MM/Kurtis ACP for a sub and the M200/Edje on more sniper friendly maps, I still need to do the Socom/M20 but I want the high variable scope on the M200/Edje first. The Kurtis is awesome for an unsilenced submachine gun, it just kills 24/7 on maps with close quarters.

On a side note, I'm absolutely hating the ACR. It's only accurate when it wants to be, I'm sure it gets better with more mods but god damn.

I got absolutely murdered this morning...

My own damn fault for playing the straight 'team deathmatch' as my team pretty much got trapped in spawn every freaking time.

Did much better in the objective matches... though I don't think I was positive/even in K:D on bombsquad and I think the game ended in a tie? (If possible.) After that I broke even in them on K:D and my team won most of the games. I was like 27-26 in one (Last Defense; we won after tie the first two rounds) and 7-8.(Intel; caped all three and shut them out)

I really don't think I like the HS36 or the DK2. Stopping power seems to be really bad... I had so many people just run away (or put me down) after hitting them multiple times.

(I wish I could remember what I used in the beta that kept my K:D ratio on the good side.)

Anyhow, had a none CAG friend get online... but still couldn't make connections with him.

I gave the ACR a good run and I loathe that gun. When I log in later today I'll look up what that sub is on insurgent side that I use. It's the gun I only use if we have clan matches (and obviously on insurgent side) and because of that, I've already fully modded that sub. On the other side, it's the c9mm. Fire rate isn't as great as I want, but I've got it modded 3 so it'll pick up after that.

And yeah, suppressors are a must. Don't want that red diamond showing up on you during a game. The machine guns are super accurate. If it didn't give my position away, I'd always be carrying an ameli or m60 with me.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Man, this game fucking absolutely blows in respawn.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Dr. Socom or: How I learn to stop respawning and Love the Classic.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Man, this game fucking absolutely blows in respawn.[/QUOTE]

Respawn is pretty much boosting city. It's for people to hop in and rank up quickly (for some people anyway). I know that's not what it's meant for, but it's what I've been witnessing. I'll jump into respawn pretty often because mods require a certain number of kills (I think anyway), so respawn is quickest to get them.

My bad d367ruc70. Was not having a good game. Need to put it down before something breaks.

Its odd sometime I got games where I pop head shots pretty fast, then others where even with spray the guns don't nip the person.

[quote name='nfs3freak']I gave the ACR a good run and I loathe that gun. When I log in later today I'll look up what that sub is on insurgent side that I use. It's the gun I only use if we have clan matches (and obviously on insurgent side) and because of that, I've already fully modded that sub. On the other side, it's the c9mm. Fire rate isn't as great as I want, but I've got it modded 3 so it'll pick up after that.

And yeah, suppressors are a must. Don't want that red diamond showing up on you during a game. The machine guns are super accurate. If it didn't give my position away, I'd always be carrying an ameli or m60 with me.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering how that all worked. The "buddy system" is not very well explained and I thought I was scoring more kills/had better survivability with a silenced gun. The Spec Ops gun set is otherwise terrible with the exception of the Kurtis 45 ACP.

Where was everybody last night? I played for a while with Goldbug, then he left, and then my PS3 froze while loading the next match :whistle2:(

Also, what a damn bright idea for them to exclude a party system outside of clan matches. At least after the first match it put me and Goldbug on the same team.

[quote name='paz9x']tracking says my copy is being delivered today. see you ladies tonight.[/QUOTE]

No PSN store = no Socom 4

There is a code you have to redeem to play Socom 4 online, sorry.

[quote name='j-cart']No PSN store = no Socom 4

There is a code you have to redeem to play Socom 4 online, sorry.[/QUOTE]

aahhaah no f'ing way. that is some shit. and ive been excited since checking my tracking, godamnit.

[quote name='nfs3freak']Respawn is pretty much boosting city. It's for people to hop in and rank up quickly (for some people anyway). I know that's not what it's meant for, but it's what I've been witnessing. I'll jump into respawn pretty often because mods require a certain number of kills (I think anyway), so respawn is quickest to get them.[/QUOTE]

you mean ranking up all those mvps. i noticed that after you leave, then i have a fair chance of getting mvps.

damn working clan night. can't make it until very late.

Well for me to play in the Community Day Classic game mode I had to enter my Socom-Pro code. Guess I didn't understand its purpose.

Gun mods are directly based on kills.

A few modes seem to require the Pro code, I tried to join cart a couple times and said I didn't have access to content.

No worries j-cart, I was wondering why you left during that match. We ended up winning. I have those times too where I don't even hit the person. Hopefully the PSN store goes up this week so I can get Abandoned and my Amazon promotional code entered (I think it's the shotgun). Don't worry flesh, there should be plenty of us on tonight.

Nice MVP d367ru70, but respawn 32 player is not for me. It's already raining grenades in classic and in respawn it is just blotting out the sun :D

Totally understandable. It's so easy to trash ppl in respawn. But I'll only do it if someone's in it already or nobody's on. In that case, MrTHCAka420 was playin so that game was the one he was in. We need some classic clan matches tonight. I'll be on prob playin LA Noire til then.

bread's done
Back