CAG StarCraft League

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Anyone wanna play now? Shoot me a PM.[/quote]

There were 7 people on earlier in the CAG room. You should just go in there and see whos around.

Why I had to cut out earlier: I have an Intel Mac which, for some reason, plays the Brood War CD reeeeeally slooowly. Seriously, I've had audio lag in the single-player campaigns. Should've seen it coming on the multiplayer end of things...

I decided to make a disk image, and after much trial and error, got it to work. So yeah, I'm ready to play now ^_^

Mattte on West..try getting on later, really have no skills all I played were money maps (where you only need one base..) and a whole lot of UMS games.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I think we spent more time tonight trying to get games going than we did actually playing.[/QUOTE]

Just like finding girls is more fun than playing with one?

wrong metaphor?

[quote name='Strell']Don't believe any vileness from The Crotch outside of "Strell raped my ass THREE TIMES in one game."[/QUOTE]

One of you should fill us in

[quote name='RawisJericho']I just updated the OP with more b.net names. I really wish I could play with all of you. I can't wait for my classes to be over with.[/QUOTE]

Youll come in time, concentrate on your classes now and then concentrate on being beaten later, and believe me, the way I beat mission Norad II in the campaign (First Disc). Wow, you just wait.

A few notes about our game (since you spent 4 paragraphs about you dieing in the frist 10 mins and one and a half on me winning the game ;))

1. Strell never expanded and I did. That's game.
Even though Mattte did so, he was zerg, He needs to expanded to brake even with two protoss players.

2. My defence wasn't to shabby.
After Crotch went down, i did go into defence mode. I saw all the mixed units Strell and Mattte brought to the party and said "crap it's only a matter of time." My plan was to build two connons at the top of my entrance and three in front of my expansion, all very close to each other. Then get some psystrom and a mix of zelots and dragoons.

3. Sorry Crotch, you don't get credit for the psystrom.
I love strom. It's my favorite spell. Everytime Crotch told me to use it, I already had my high templer highlighted and getting him into position. But you do get credit for telling me about the paylon they destoried next to my connons, I didn't notice. Good job.

4. Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.
I didn't see if Strell and Matte had upgraded units but I sure as heck did. I'm not talking about speed or range upgrades (which are great too). I beleive I had 1 attack, 2 armor and 2 sheilds by the end. I can't stress enough how important this is. Everyone should do it.

Anyway, good game. I'll be on today.

BTW RawisJericho, my B.net name is controlcommerce

Yeah I need to fix that lag...apparantly it is my firewall(s) messing it up, even though they are both turned off. People across the internet have the same problem, its perfect 1v1, but other than that its laggy for no reason. Haven't found a definative answer yet either.

..and people said you can only see text from the host, I guess that would by why I thought Strell didn't say a word all game.

[quote name='Strell']Really? I said stuff the whole game. Not much, but generic things like "Ok I'm going to go attack" or "help." :)[/QUOTE]

He was expecting cyber sex.

You guys need a protoss cannon army? Just gimme 30 min to get em up and we can rape. cept you guys gotta take care of those long range mofos.

*sarcasm*

I haven't played this game in ages, is the sc community the same as ever? gl hf nr20... all that sorta stuff?

If WC3 is any indication,
asasdf
a
wgwe

ewgfaweg
a
gaweg
gogogo
go
gog
og
oogog
gog
goog

...Maybe.

[quote name='halu102']You guys need a protoss cannon army? Just gimme 30 min to get em up and we can rape. cept you guys gotta take care of those long range mofos.

*sarcasm*

I haven't played this game in ages, is the sc community the same as ever? gl hf nr20... all that sorta stuff?[/quote]

[quote name='suko_32']Alright guys, I should be able to snag the battlechest at EB this Saturday during the sale.[/quote]

I think that sale starts on Sunday. You might want to recheck the EB/GS sale thread, correct me if I'm wrong though. This is where I plan on picking up my SC as well.

[quote name='The Crotch'] Either you're lying or it doesn't warn you if you're out of blast range.
[/QUOTE]

I never lie.

You started to attack the second I had two ghosts and two nukes. The original plan was to wipe out your whole force and then end the game, because it would have been sweet.

I even prepared for it as best I could. Two ghosts with cloak on, and I even picked up a barracks and flew it over one so you wouldn't see it. Unfortunately an archon got that one, so I just told the other to nuke my second factory. It did hit and probably killed about 6 of your men, but I was hoping they'd have moved further in by the time it landed.

Not really a big deal. When I had to kill north and finished off north west (mmmpepsi and TheRock88 respectively), I was putting all my resources into offense and transport. So by the time the dust settled from those there was really nothing to defend myself with or really expand further. Besides, I'd used the very first part of the game to sting you a bit, so I happen to think I did pretty well considering the circumstances.

We'll play more and I'll just get betterer. Yes. Betterer.

[quote name='HotShotX']Anyone up for a large game tonight, say round 9pm EST?

~HotShotX[/quote]

I'm down for it. Hopefully today we can actually get a game going.

Oh, and for the record I assumed there was an unspoken rule that we were to leave you alive and let you watch the festivities. Thats why I just up and left your last few buildings alone :)

UPDATE: We kept getting the lag issues as last night, so we moved shop to USEast. If you join tonight, go East, and meet in the "CAG" chatroom.

~HotShotX

HotShotX and Spectre: where'd you go??

Laggy again tonight. I bet Blizzard's got all the "good" servers set aside for SCII :p

ETA: Okay, figured it out. It's my router. So yeah, seems the lag was my fault, unintentionally.

[quote name='blueshinra']HotShotX and Spectre: where'd you go??

Laggy again tonight. I bet Blizzard's got all the "good" servers set aside for SCII :p[/QUOTE]

What good would that do? Those servers would sit around for another 5 years before anyone got to use 'em.

:p

[quote name='Strell']What good would that do? Those servers would sit around for another 5 years before anyone got to use 'em.

:p[/QUOTE]I know; just being sarcastic.

My battlenet username is lordwow for the first post.

I've gotta look at Amazon tomorrow and see if there's anything I need to combine with the Brood Wars expansion there. If not, I'll have to attach it to my Forza Preorder

[quote name='The Crotch']And Strell, I still didn't hear the "Nuclear Launch Detected" thing. Maybe I couldn't hear it over the sound of Terrans dying.[/quote]

Ouch

[quote name='RawisJericho']I think that sale starts on Sunday. You might want to recheck the EB/GS sale thread, correct me if I'm wrong though. This is where I plan on picking up my SC as well.[/QUOTE]

I double checked and indeed the B&M sale starts Saturday. The online sale starts Friday. The OP of that thread made the correction.

Man I don't get the trash talking when I'm fighting THREE OPPONENTS, one of which I kill by myself, the second of which I finish off, and the third of which got to sit by his lonesome and build up something I couldn't compete with.

That's just not fun.

[quote name='Strell']Man I don't get the trash talking when I'm fighting THREE OPPONENTS, one of which I kill by myself, the second of which I finish off, and the third of which got to sit by his lonesome and build up something I couldn't compete with.

That's just not fun.[/QUOTE]

Theres really no such thing as a 1v1v1 or a 1v1v1v1. It always ends up as someone getting ganged up on then the other two (or three) duking it out. The solution - no more FFA's.

bread's done
Back