CAG StarCraft League

Sorry again that you missed that game, The Crotch!

How long did it end up being, anyway? I was the first one eliminated and cut out around 12:30 (EST). Think I'm gonna practice today so that doesn't happen again ;P

I had Kake and hotshot pretty much wiped out, but we were supposed to leave them a building so they could watch. They said they were hosed and I believed them. Then as I was going after someone else hotshot came at my base with about 2 dozen BCs. I then started making 3-4 bases at a time as he traced the map blowing them up. :bomb: I finally got a big one going as Kake and hotshot started fighting and then I lost my connection... I hit the sack at about midnight central.

From now on, I just wipe everything out mercilessly.

[quote name='blueshinra']Sorry again that you missed that game, The Crotch!

How long did it end up being, anyway? I was the first one eliminated and cut out around 12:30 (EST). Think I'm gonna practice today so that doesn't happen again ;P[/quote]

Question: I have a friend who is playing all day, but only on MAP SETTINGS (you know those special scenario maps) and told me that he cant join any channels among other activities because his CD key is old. By old I mean he is a senior in college and he obtained the game 7th grade. Anyway, Do you know a way to solve this? Im only asking because he is a good friend, and he could be a good ally, lets just say he has a Racial advantage.

you left me with quite a lot more than a building and I had already started the expansion in the top left before you started the attack on my main. Also, thanks for leaving all of my supply depots so I didn't have to make anymore, I was able to make a nice army and take out Inufaye who was right below me.

[quote name='Kayden']I had Kake and hotshot pretty much wiped out, but we were supposed to leave them a building so they could watch. They said they were hosed and I believed them. Then as I was going after someone else hotshot came at my base with about 2 dozen BCs. I then started making 3-4 bases at a time as he traced the map blowing them up. :bomb: I finally got a big one going as Kake and hotshot started fighting and then I lost my connection... I hit the sack at about midnight central.

From now on, I just wipe everything out mercilessly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Crotch']Enough Paper Mario and Deus Ex! Heading on now.[/quote]

lol I have been having a hard getting myself to quit playing Deus Ex as well.

Thats bull. My copy is older than that and I play fine. He probably cheated or something.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Question: I have a friend who is playing all day, but only on MAP SETTINGS (you know those special scenario maps) and told me that he cant join any channels among other activities because his CD key is old. By old I mean he is a senior in college and he obtained the game 7th grade. Anyway, Do you know a way to solve this? Im only asking because he is a good friend, and he could be a good ally, lets just say he has a Racial advantage.[/quote]

Chances are high I won't be around tonight. :/ I have to go out to my parents' house and work on stuff there, and they have The_Crotch-type connection, except even crotchier, and I'm really not that damn patient.

Potentially very late tonight, but doubtful. I will show up in the channel if I'm ever around.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Question: I have a friend who is playing all day, but only on MAP SETTINGS (you know those special scenario maps) and told me that he cant join any channels among other activities because his CD key is old. By old I mean he is a senior in college and he obtained the game 7th grade. Anyway, Do you know a way to solve this? Im only asking because he is a good friend, and he could be a good ally, lets just say he has a Racial advantage.[/QUOTE]
His CD Key is likely muted by Blizzard. If his key was legitimately bought and he hasn't done anything wrong I guess you can try contacting Blizzard

Speaking of which, is it legal to ask in here if there is a way to log onto Bnet with a no-CD thing running, or do I just gotta leave the CD in the tray?

And yea, I'm aware I could probably get away with using Daemon tools.

[quote name='Strell']Speaking of which, is it legal to ask in here if there is a way to log onto Bnet with a no-CD thing running, or do I just gotta leave the CD in the tray?

And yea, I'm aware I could probably get away with using Daemon tools.[/quote]

BWLauncher should do the trick...

Not a bad 4 on 4 tonight. I thought we were going to lose Hotshot early on when that Protoss attacked him with some Zealots.

I was going to go Hydras, but soon figured out I was going to need more than two extractors to do so. The 'lings on crack worked good enough for me :)

I have saved a replay of a match against Strell and will now know all of his secrets. Now if I can just figure out how to watch the replay...

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I have saved a replay of a match against Strell and will now know all of his secrets. Now if I can just figure out how to watch the replay...[/QUOTE]

Open up SC, go into single player. There's a "load replay" area. But you have to put the replay in the replay directory, which is normally C:\Program Files\Starcraft\maps\replay.

And don't bogart the save. C'mon now.

Edit: Ahh. Auto-save on last game. So I found our match also.

[quote name='Strell']
Edit: Ahh. Auto-save on last game. So I found our match also.[/QUOTE]

In retrospect leaving my main base completely defenseless save for two marines probably wasn't the smartest idea. I also like how when you dropped those vultures in my base instead of sending my vultures to save the base I opted to have them attack your base where they proceeded to be slaughtered.

Also I might be on later tonight if anyone is gonna be around.

Mmm... vulture drops can be fun.

My copy has yet to arrive, I can't wait. I'm rather rusty, but I don't think any of you are even jungsu anyway.

[quote name='endlessPRO']What's CAG channel on east?

btw if you want to game whisper me or w/e

IGN:TaP.wrAith or (!FirebirD!)[/quote]

There isn't one, just join the West servers, I live in Florida and don't have any issues at all.

~HotShotX

EBGames.com emailed me to say my StarCraft Battle Chest shipped yesterday. Hoorah. I eagerly await getting my ass kicked by you guys.

p.s. Which side is best suited for online newbs like me?

You guys have convinced me to play again. I haven't played in over 2 years though so go easy on me. My name is xcletus on bnet. I'm installing now as I type this.

BTW RawisJericho you might want to put what channel/server we meet on at the beginning of your post. I assume channel CAG but what server? Also can you give us directions on how to join a league?

[quote name='The Crotch']1: See above for channel/server discussion. USWest/CAG.
2: The league has not been set up (no response from Blizzard) at this moment.
3: I asked before, but again I shall ask: should we establish the teams some time soon? We're going to want to pair up our worst players with our best for fairness' sake, so we'd need to know people's skill levels...[/quote]

I sent out another email for the league kit and no response. I also sent out an email from a different address. I'm not for sure what is taking them so long. Maybe they haven't fully implemented the feature into the game as of yet?

If some of you want to email blizzard go ahead, maybe we'll get the kit faster.

Perhaps CAG doesn't meet Blizz's criteria as outlined on the Battle.net website?
* Create a database to track players' accounts, passwords, and statistics.
* Create a website that will respond to the required queries (i.e. login, statistics, replay-file upload).
* Create league-specific artwork, including four icons and one background image, in a StarCraft-compatible format to be displayed in-game.
* Provide Blizzard with the information to create and approve a file package ("mopaq").
* Distribute the league's mopaq along with any league maps, once they have been approved, to players in the league.

It would be epic if we could actually setup a real SC league like that. Too bad I don't have my website anymore otherwise we could use that...

[quote name='The Crotch']Earlier in the thread, someone offered to cover our website needs.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that was me. I don't know much about databases, though... but I can take care of basic stuff like hosting and design.

Should I get started on something this weekend?

ETA: Oh, and sorry I haven't been playing lately. Haven't been feeling all that great these past few days.

Did they ever fix that problem with the replay? The one where if someone disconnects, the replay doesn't actually replay the whole thing? Anyone know what I'm trying to say?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']His CD Key is likely muted by Blizzard. If his key was legitimately bought and he hasn't done anything wrong I guess you can try contacting Blizzard[/QUOTE]

lol, well i bugged him about it and he finally spilled the beans. Turns out a friend of his borrowed his account and hacked with it or something. Anyways, it is definitely muted. He cant host any maps, cant chat, just join games pretty much. Its ok, the entire apartment now (baout 4 guys and a girl, who obviously doesnt do starcraft) got a battlechest from ebgames or other) so maybe we can join up or something.
BTW his account is Ender_wiggin. i dont know if he has to change it to install a new cd key

Well, I had fun tonight even though I lost every game I played against another human. I can't believe I've gotten so rusty at this. I guess I better start practicing everyday.

Hmm I used to do some work with Firebird databases but I am not sure how much I remember of it, give me a little time and I will try too see if I can relearn it and if so I would be glad to help.

Also I propose that we start a 5 star rating system and so everyone posts their skill level and then every two weeks we update it based off you have been doing.

So for example I would be a 2 Star General and so I got paired with some Level 5's well what if then I get really good but then my ranking is still at 2 which means that we would be playing lower ranked teams. Do you get what I am saying?

I also suggest that we take into account what times people can play, for example I can never play on thursdays and I can't usually play past 10PM but I can play pretty anytime afternoon on weekdays so we would want to make sure that my team could play at those times or else they would be out one man.

I just emailed to request a copy of the StarCraft LDK. From the sounds of things, it looks like the LDK is required to set up the league site/database, so I'm not going to move forward on that until I get it. If any of you have emailed them and gotten the LDK already, can you please send it to me so I can start setting things up?

Also, do we have a name for this group, or is it just going to be the "CAG League"? Just curious :)

bread's done
Back