CAG Survey: $1,000 in Amazon gift cards up for grabs - Ends 2/9

[quote name='AleetPanda']Finished, how will the winner be chosen? Just an email to the address provided? Nothing through CAG?[/quote]

Correct. I'm sure the Play-Insight people will take a look at your thread and address the other email issue.

Hey Cheapy how legit is this company? When they said I had to participate in a panel, it sounded like one of those things where I should expect a phone call or something like that. They also asked for Gamertags and Zip Codes, which as strange..

I was very unhappy with the company doing the survey. It appeared that they were taking information for their own personal use rather than for their client Cheap Ass Gamer. I would suggest finding a different host for future surveys.

None of this may be true, but telling me that they are going to contact me after I have taken the survey for reasons not regarding CAG makes me suspicious that they will use the personal data I gave for their own profit and not their client's. The reason I gave information was to help CAG, who I trust, not to be data that will later be sold by Play-Insight.

Thanks for the opportunity to win more amazon GCs! Hope the info is helpful for you in making CAG a better place and/or keeping it running in tip top shape.

It's telling me that my email address is already registered as well... I know i'm signed up for play insights already. Is this only for people who haven't signed up?

Chris

[quote name='cbotwell']I was very unhappy with the company doing the survey. It appeared that they were taking information for their own personal use rather than for their client Cheap Ass Gamer. I would suggest finding a different host for future surveys.

None of this may be true, but telling me that they are going to contact me after I have taken the survey for reasons not regarding CAG makes me suspicious that they will use the personal data I gave for their own profit and not their client's. The reason I gave information was to help CAG, who I trust, not to be data that will later be sold by Play-Insight.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this post completely, this survey asked for way too much personal information that was unrelated to CAG. But now I'm a "Play Insights Panelist"! Oh the joy of that privilege...
I wanted to help out CAG so thats what I did, but this site, not something I need another account at nor intend to regularly support. I wonder if I unsubscribe would they not consider me for the prize anymore?

edit: well I ended up hitting Unsubscribe and I cant log into the site with my email/password. "This panelist email does not exist in database." maybe it hasnt updated to include my info but I guess its possible I am no longer being considered for the contest.
for those that use gmail, add "+something" to your name, like [email protected] and you can make it more filterable as spam etc.

[quote name='barom']I was going to take it but then I was almost halfway through and all they were asking were personal questions like why would they need my zip code? or know if any of my family/friends work in this and that department or my exact birthday (ask me for my age if thats what they want). I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to giving out personal information, so I'mma pass. Good luck to you guys who do take it though. I trust CAG but just not enough.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. i started doing the survey. i cant see any logical reason why they want all of that personal information. I started feeling a little violated halfway thru the survey so I closed out my window. I kept thinking the next page would ask me for my SS# and my ATM PIN #...

yeah waaayyy too much info. i quit the survey, sorry Cheapy. Anyway for you to confirm the legitimacy of the survey and why they are asking these questions?

If they asked for a phone number or an address I would have ducked out. I trudged on because I trust CAG but I used my real address, and now I'm told they're going to start sending me crap? Uhh god. I better win if I start getting spammy spam...

Thanks for the chance to win though Cheapy.

I wish I could take a survey letting them know how much their site sucks. If you already have an account with them you can't take the survey, which is idiotic. I've run into this problem in the past with other surveys. I'm not gonna waste my time making a whole new account.

Sweet! Fingers crossed :)

A back button would have been nice for the survey. I tripped up over the "How many games have you purchased in the last 6 months?" question. I answered purchased for ME not purchased in total. I didn't even think about gifts until it asked me on the next page how many were for gifts.

Did the survey to support CAG. My email better not get saturated with spam in the next few weeks because of it...

I've got a question. How come on the first page it says "You must be 13 or older to take this survey" but then on the birthday question the earliest year is 1993. Oh well, looks like I had to put 1993. (FYI I'm 13.)

[quote name='SoulReaver']yeah waaayyy too much info. i quit the survey, sorry Cheapy. Anyway for you to confirm the legitimacy of the survey and why they are asking these questions?[/quote]

You people need to lighten up. The survey is used to get a demographic breakdown of the users. They can take this info to advertisers so they know who they are advertising to. The result is, more relevant ads and more money for CheapyD.

In this section of the survey we’d like to ask some brief questions about your experience with CheapAssGamer.com. Please try to answer all questions completely and to the best of your ability.

Didn't get asked this till 90% of the way through the survey.

I really hope that CAG is benefiting more than the survey site.

Finished it though. Hoping to win!

[quote name='stonefry']You people need to lighten up. The survey is used to get a demographic breakdown of the users. They can take this info to advertisers so they know who they are advertising to. The result is, more relevant ads and more money for CheapyD.[/quote]
That is true, but I really don't see the need for them to have my full name and my zip code. Whatever, to each his own.

I completed the survey ONLY out of my love for CAG, otherwise I would have stopped. Most of those questions really touched a nerve, as others here have echoed.

[quote name='stonefry']You people need to lighten up. The survey is used to get a demographic breakdown of the users. They can take this info to advertisers so they know who they are advertising to. The result is, more relevant ads and more money for CheapyD.[/QUOTE]

Actually the personal info has nothing to do with more relevant ads on CAG, its for the demographic database of Play Insights.

"When you participate in a panel research survey conducted by our organization, you can be confident that any personal information that you share with us will stay with us.

Any time you participate as a respondent in one of our panel surveys, you can be assured that your individual responses will be kept confidential and never linked to your personal identifying information without your express permission. You are free to choose whether or not to participate in a panel survey, free to choose not to answer any specific questions and free to discontinue participation at any time."
http://www.visioncritical.com/about/privacy

Here are answers to some of your questions from the Play-Insight team:

Previously registered: This survey is for new members only so those that have previously signed up with the playinsights panel will not be able to take it. Solution: they will from now on participate in our monthly surveys as they are now part of the panel.

Privacy: We ask comprehensive demographic questions for internal tracking and panel management. The info will not be shared with any outside source. We will never sell our email list and respect the confidentiality entrusted in us. We are a research company and all information is used purely for that. Furthermore, comprehensive information allows us to target our surveys better, for example only surveying those that live in a specific state.

Gamertags: users are not required to disclose the gamertags and we will not use them for spam. It is more for internal tracking. We are a research company.

bread's done
Back