CAG Survey: $1,000 in Amazon gift cards up for grabs - Ends 2/9

If the people who think that giving out a zip code is giving way too much information on the computer, they should probably write the US Gov't. an e-mail asking for their SSN # to be taking off all computer servers so hackers don't get it. Some people worry way too much about the internet. If someone wanted to steal your identity, they could do it with or without your zip code, trust me.

[quote name='CheapyD']Here are answers to some of your questions from the Play-Insight team:

Previously registered: This survey is for new members only so those that have previously signed up with the playinsights panel will not be able to take it. Solution: they will from now on participate in our monthly surveys as they are now part of the panel.

Privacy: We ask comprehensive demographic questions for internal tracking and panel management. The info will not be shared with any outside source. We will never sell our email list and respect the confidentiality entrusted in us. We are a research company and all information is used purely for that. Furthermore, comprehensive information allows us to target our surveys better, for example only surveying those that live in a specific state.

Gamertags: users are not required to disclose the gamertags and we will not use them for spam. It is more for internal tracking. We are a research company.[/quote]

Thanks for that info cheapy. However, I still feel that the survey was not in the best interest of CAG. Many of the questions felt targeted to P-I's database rather than for use to improve CAG. That could result in less people completing the survey. Hopefully you or someone at PI takes that seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cbotwell']Thanks for that info cheapy. However, I still feel that the survey was not in the best interest of CAG. Many of the questions felt targeted to their PI's database rather than for use to improve CAG. That could result in less people completing the survey. Hopefully you or someone at PI takes that seriously.[/quote]
I kind of feel that way. I kinda wish I didn't do the survey now.

Well, I used an alternate email address. Ridiculous to restrict it to people who have never taken a survey from that company before.

[quote name='Vegan']I recommend looking at Penny Arcade's recent survey for an example of a good, short, and actually relevant to the site, user survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=6cJ2lzp6DEMo8wKtbV554w_3d_3d[/quote]

[quote name='cbotwell']Thanks for that info cheapy. However, I still feel that the survey was not in the best interest of CAG. Many of the questions felt targeted to P-I's database rather than for use to improve CAG. That could result in less people completing the survey. Hopefully you or someone at PI takes that seriously.[/quote]

Did PA give away any prizes? I did give input to the survey's creation, but obviously wasn't responsible for most of it. I mostly saw it as an easy way to get a $1,000 worth of prizes out to you guys.

[quote name='cbotwell']Thanks for that info cheapy. However, I still feel that the survey was not in the best interest of CAG. Many of the questions felt targeted to P-I's database rather than for use to improve CAG. That could result in less people completing the survey. Hopefully you or someone at PI takes that seriously.[/quote]

I kind of agree here. I completed the survey but I did not see a way to take the survey without being signed to be part of their panel. While most all surveys collect demographic info, PI does intend to use it for targeting future surveys as indicated by their intro to the survey:

2. The opportunity to win other great prizes on an on-going basis for your participation in monthly surveys;

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the survey Cheapy!!!

took the survey last night , and actually enjoyed it!

now i know just how cheap i really am :cry:

oh well , hope i win something!!!

Yeah, I certainly have to agree with all the comments about the questions being more detailed than I'm used to for a demographic survey. I kept waiting for the "please enter your credit card number and SSN" prompt.

The password entry is annoying and overly restrictive, especially when I was expecting a survey, not an account setup. Anyway, as far as the prizes go, it looks like if people are already going through the trouble of filling this thing out, if you do it a second time (possibly under wife's name, for instance) through the main URL: https://www.playinsights.com/ they've a contest offer to win one of 5 120GB Xbox 260 drives.

Personally, I gave up on it after it started insisting that my zip code isn't in my state. Maybe I hit the wrong radio button for state selection, but even so (No way to check), it gave no way to go back and fix things afterwards, so whatever. After hearing about the spam disclaimer at the end, I think I'm glad it's broken.

[quote name='CheapyD']Did PA give away any prizes? I did give input to the survey's creation, but obviously wasn't responsible for most of it. I mostly saw it as an easy way to get a $1,000 worth of prizes out to you guys.[/quote]

Yeah, I totally understand and am thankful that you can give us opportunities to win prizes like this. Most of my feedback was under the assumption that CAG was trying to collect data for something specific and that we would be helping the community by participating. I definitely like prizes and hope that you can continue to provide these opportunities. Thanks for all your hard work Cheapy!

I signed up, completed the survey, but when it came time to put in my email to enter the contest, it said no such email existed in the database.

Lame.

[quote name='KyleGamgee']I signed up, completed the survey, but when it came time to put in my email to enter the contest, it said no such email existed in the database.

Lame.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, lame.

I took the survey yesterday and I still can't log on to the site with my email. What the hell is going on? I better be eligible for the prizes just by taking the survey, otherwise I gave up a lot of personal information (not to mention my time) for nothing.

[quote name='Josef']Agreed, lame.

I took the survey yesterday and I still can't log on to the site with my email. What the hell is going on? I better be eligible for the prizes just by taking the survey, otherwise I gave up a lot of personal information (not to mention my time) for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue. I took the survey, but never received any email from them confirming anything. Now I cannot log onto the site.

Alright. I've filled out the survey. At least this site will have surveys that interest me, and hopefully I'll win something

Anyone else already get invited to a survey about "realism in games"?

First question is "What was your favorite game of 2008?" But I'm such a cheapass, I don't even think I played any 2008 games. I don't even own a current-gen system. I don't think this survey is for me lol

It also looked really long. I unsubscribed.

I figure if I do enough stuff on Cag I might be able to win one thing eventually. I never usually win anything..It would be nice one time

bread's done
Back