CAG Warhawk GGL Tourny *Done

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Yes, and I love how they have to rub it in to our faces too... :roll:[/quote]
How so?

[quote name='robobagins']Well we did better the first round. Also learned that zones takes a higher network toll, and that I'm too far West to host.[/quote]
Did a lot of people have high pings?
I noticed a couple of their guys (I don't know if they played tonight though) were from Europe.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I think we need to practice out some anti-base-rape tactics for a few CAG Warhawk nights :lol:[/quote]

Yes, I think that's a GREAT idea. ;)

Sounds like I got out at the right time. I thought we did pretty good the first round, could be the best we have done all tourney.

I agree that warhawk has not become much fun anymore, I need to get back to CAG nights instead of GGL nights only.

Crap, there was a gmae last night. Hope someone showed to take my place, but from what it sounds like it didn't matter how many people we had by the way we were handled.

Alright... The other team still haven't made a post yet... so we'll probably have to host again.
To whomever will host tomorrow, the required server settings are
Game Settings & Specifications:

Settings: Any setting not listed below should be left at default
Server Options
Name: (just make it something like GGL_CAG_(some abbreviation of other team's name))
Password: (anything)
Type: Player Clan
Eucadian/Chernovan Clans: (just leave them blank)
Max/Min players: (If agreed to play 5v5/6v6/7v7/8v8, Minimum players should be 12/12/16/16 (if 5v5/7v7 leave split screen allowed and have people spawn a split screen player to bring the number of players up to the required, then have them remove the second player))
Max Rank: General
Spawn Delay: 10 seconds
Start Delay: 15 seconds
Advanced Options
Use Wrench/Bio-Field: Yes (Default)
Enable Voice: Yes (Default)
All Talk: No (Default)
Allow Team Switch: Yes (Default)
Randomize Teams: No
Balance Teams: No
Friendly Fire: 100%
Allow Split Screen: No (unless 5v5/7v7)
Intermission Time: Unlimited
Game Options
Map Rotation: 1 of 1 (Default)
Game Map: (See Match Page on GGL)
Game Mode: Zones
Map Layout: (See Match Page on GGL)
Score Limit: 10,000
Time Limit: 20
Match Rounds: 1

Jun 19 2008 @ 9:45PM
  1. freaky
  2. tux
  3. godly
  4. smog
  5. zen
  6. xxx
  7. super
  1. cthulhu
Jun 21 2008 @ 9:00PM (Yeah... I don't know how we'll do this and the next one, since they are an hour a part. I could have sworn I put this one in for 8pm.8-[:headache:)
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. socal
  4. tux
  5. godly
  6. zen
  7. xxx
Jun 21 2008 @ 10:00PM (Yeah... I don't know how we'll do this and the previous one, since they are an hour a part. I could have sworn I put the other one in for 8pm.8-[:headache:)
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. socal
  4. tux
  5. godly
  6. zen
  7. xxx
  8. super
Jun 22 2008 @ 8:00PM
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. xxx
  4. cthulhu
  5. super
  6. random
Jun 24 2008 @ 10:00PM
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. tux
  4. godly
  5. smog
  6. zen
  7. xxx
  8. super
Jun 25 2008 @ 10:00PM
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. tux
  4. godly
  5. smog
  6. zen
  7. xxx
  8. super

I can TRY hosting for tonight's match. I would prefer someone else though since I haven't tested my connection fully yet. I have to remember to switch which BT headset to charge tonight before the match too because one of them seems to be messed up for whatever reason...

Whomever hosts... the info needed is here in the spoiler tag. All you'll have to do is fill in a few blanks from the match page at GGL.

I won't be on again today (work sucks, so does mandatory overtime), so good luck... and here's some... hand lotion... seems like we usually need some when the other team actually shows up.:cool:

[quote name='GodlyOne']I think we need to practice out some anti-base-rape tactics for a few CAG Warhawk nights :lol:[/quote]

Actually we need to do the opposite. We aren't Base-Raping fast enough ourselves. We take points plenty fast, but we don't bring the pain quick enough.:bomb:

Wish I could help with hosting, but my connection is just too slow. And sorry if I'm not there early, but for me 8:45 is cutting it pretty close. I'll have to speed things up at work, but I will be there.

[quote name='robobagins']Actually we need to do the opposite. We aren't Base-Raping fast enough ourselves. We take points plenty fast, but we don't bring the pain quick enough.:bomb:[/quote]

:lol: That might be the first rule in the Anti-Base-Rape Tactics rulebook:
" Base rape the other team before they base rape you."

I think that's a good starting rule to play by.:whee:

"Snake4400 wrote on Jun 19 2008 12:33PM
OSH WH has pretty much gone inactive for the
rest of the tournament. So instead of leaving
you hanging wondering where we are at thought
you would like to know ahead of time. You can
go ahead and mark us down for a forfeit, or
score the match as a win for yourselves and a
lose for us."

So...that's that, I guess...

[quote name='Tux.Bobble']"Snake4400 wrote on Jun 19 2008 12:33PM
OSH WH has pretty much gone inactive for the
rest of the tournament. So instead of leaving
you hanging wondering where we are at thought
you would like to know ahead of time. You can
go ahead and mark us down for a forfeit, or
score the match as a win for yourselves and a
lose for us."

So...that's that, I guess...[/quote]

Should we still act like its a match and show up just to be safe? I would not want them to post a pic of all of them ther waiting fir us lol.

[quote name='fuss']Should we still act like its a match and show up just to be safe? I would not want them to post a pic of all of them ther waiting fir us lol.[/quote]

I dunno man... I'm going to show up to see anyways, if they indeed aren't there I may just play a few games on the official servers. ;)

Anyone interested in a CAG game if they don't show? I haven't played in a while and I just finished MGS4 last night, so I'm up for a short break.

If not, I'll just stalk freaky on the official servers... muaha.

Holy Shikes that Snake4400 has a scary pic of Ozzy.

I'd vote jump on a server, I think we're probably starting to get a bit predictable to one another :bomb:

Besides, fighting against organized/disorganized WH players is way better practice.

Official servers or CAG server, either choice sounds good to me... So what do you guys want to do as far as where we'll be playing?... I'm voting official servers. ;)

Damn good games today, most fun I had playing warhawk in a while. We should jump on official servers more often. BTW sorry if I couldn't respond to some of you I'm going to be mic-less for awhile. (As if I talk much anyways)

[quote name='wtfisthisfob']Damn good games today, most fun I had playing warhawk in a while. We should jump on official servers more often. BTW sorry if I couldn't respond to some of you I'm going to be mic-less for awhile. (As if I talk much anyways)[/quote]

Yeah, they were surprisingly really good, had a lot of funny playing those games.
I had a chuckle at the PSN name "SandyVGina" :dunce::whistle2:$

That was fun! I had a good time defending those two flags on Eucadia with Cthulhu against SuperKing and freaky. Pretty sure I was team poison though... don't think I was on the winning team once.

Now this was fun you guys... I could actually MOVE in these games, as opposed to the GGL matches! :lol:

Is there going to be a Warhawk night tomorrow? I think Mana is offering to host... ;)

[quote name='metaly']That was fun! I had a good time defending those two flags on Eucadia with Cthulhu against SuperKing and freaky. Pretty sure I was team poison though... don't think I was on the winning team once.[/quote]

It seemed like half the night was CAG-on-CAG action :bomb: but real fun anyway!

I was just as poisonous as you, I was on the winning team once...

[quote name='happy']Wow with some 20 people you'd think they could get enough together for a match.[/quote]
To be fair... we have 26 people on our team but only about 9-10 people who actually play.

[quote name='fuss']Should we still act like its a match and show up just to be safe? I would not want them to post a pic of all of them ther waiting fir us lol.[/quote]
It's kind of late to comment on it now but I wouldn't have worried about it... Though I thought the same thing about that game against Gods of war... and see how that turned out.

If you really didn't know, beef still hasn't given us the forfeit win... he actually didn't respond to my last message about it.:roll: For some reason he's acting like it's either reschedule or take the forfeit loss.:wall: I think you know what I have to say about that.

I went ahead and just reported that game as a regular win for us.

Also, here's the rosters for our remaining games (Yep... this is it. Beef doesn't have a problem deleting any further challenges we receive).

I already told the teams we're playing Sat and Sun that we can only do 6v6. I'm wondering about the team at 9pm Sat... They've lost all their games and I think forfeit most of them... :cool: It seems the good teams are the only one that actually play.

Jun 21 2008 @ 9:00PM (Yeah... I don't know how we'll do this and the next one, since they are an hour a part. I could have sworn I put this one in for 8pm.8-[:headache:)
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. socal
  4. tux
  5. godly
  6. zen
  7. xxx
Jun 21 2008 @ 10:00PM (Yeah... I don't know how we'll do this and the previous one, since they are an hour a part. I could have sworn I put the other one in for 8pm.8-[:headache:)
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. socal
  4. tux
  5. godly
  6. zen
  7. xxx
  8. super
Jun 22 2008 @ 8:00PM
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. xxx
  4. cthulhu
  5. super
  6. random
Jun 24 2008 @ 10:00PM
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. tux
  4. godly
  5. smog
  6. zen
  7. xxx
  8. super
Jun 25 2008 @ 10:00PM
  1. freaky
  2. stranded
  3. tux
  4. godly
  5. smog
  6. zen
  7. xxx
  8. super
Jun 28 2008 @ 1:30PM (NEW Yeah... I know it's early, but I had arranged to play these guys already, but messed up and scheduled another game at the time I had previously agreed on... and would have felt bad having their challenge deleted)

[quote name='metaly']Is there a list of everyone who's played so far? Just making sure everyone's eligible for the knife.[/quote]
I was keeping track of it... but people don't post when they actually play, so I kinda stopped bothering...
I think they (GGL) is going to go by who was in the roster when the game took place, so everyone that is on the roster should be good.

It's strange though... for some reason I can't add shady to the roster (it says there are too many people) but when happy joined the team, it automatically added him to the roster AND gave him the W/L history as if he was on the roster from the start...:roll:

I'm pretty sure there are only about five or six people that haven't played, but I'm not sure.

Oh god, I hope the late game tomorrow doesn't end up like those CAG nights. Me alone against everyone else! :shock: Hopefully if the first match happens, you guys will be done by then and ready for more.

Can't make the 28th, I'll be at work.

What's our ranking at the moment? If we're not in the top 32, think we'll make it?

Looks like we're currently 61st with 1305 points. The team at 32 has 1765.

Oh man, I just looked and there are exactly 120 active teams at this point, which puts us one place away from the top 50%. We've got to at least make it there by the end of the tournament. :lol:

Well 460 points is doable, but not very likely methinks. I just hope they don't say "Sorry, you only get the knife if you make it to the bracket stage." If they pull that, I'm gonna be really pissed because of all the time and effort everyone's put in.

I can make it to the 22nd game but I can't make it to the game on the 28th.
A possible top 50% out of all the teams sounds totally alright to me :D

[quote name='iggywiggum']Well 460 points is doable, but not very likely methinks. I just hope they don't say "Sorry, you only get the knife if you make it to the bracket stage." If they pull that, I'm gonna be really pissed because of all the time and effort everyone's put in.[/quote]

Yeah... 460 points... but that's if no other team does anything else for the next week, which is unlikely.
And we should have another 130 points if Beef would get his head out of his ass about that GOW match.

And about the knife, Beef has made a post here stating
1. The knife is awarded to any teams participating in the tournament who have played at least one match.

Though, with they way Beef is sometimes, it wouldn't surprise me if he comes and says "Oh, I meant the bracket tournament.":razz:

There's been no news about the 9pm game.
Will anyone else be able to host? Or will I have to? I'll check back around 8-8:30 and see if anyone else volunteered.

Also, the 10pm game is good to go, the other team said they'd host.
Server info is
Server Name = GGL-CAGvsGAP
password = caggap

[quote name='freakyzeeky']So what's gonna happen for the 9pm game? It's half an hour away. :whistle2:#[/quote]

Well... they never contacted us, so it should be a forfeit, but Beef doesn't give a shit about that rule. :roll:

Since no one volunteered to host, I'll do it. It's thundering right now, so who knows if my connection will go down.

I doubt the other team will show up though.

It'll be
server name = GGL_CAG_AC
password = media

It'll be up in about five minutes.

Alrighty then, thanks for the prompt reply mguiddy... I'll show up as soon as the server is up. ;)

... I wish it was thundering here, it's scorching hot at the moment! :'(

bread's done
Back