CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

I did not know you could do Warhawk online with two players. I will be sure to let my wife play. I can't wait until X-Mas for some PS3 goodness!

It will be great I will have my PS3 40gb(which I only paid 270 for NEW), Uncharted, Ratchet, COD4, Warhawk, Resistance, and Oblivion. My son will be getting Mario Galaxy from santa.

All around a fantastic gaming X-mas! I am also on winter break from school at the same time, so I would like to join you guys online.

Would people rather have Friday or Saturday this time? I'm going to assure this and CoD4 do not overlap. I'm thinking Saturday at 9:30pm, but I want everyones feedback to make sure.

I can look into it. The only reason I start late is because of the west coast (when it's 9:30pm for us, it's 6:30pm for them). I understand many of them have to work and I'm waiting for them to get off.

I'll be out of town from Wednesday to Saturday, so I won't be able to make it. Too bad, since my DS3 should be arriving this week and it would be great with Warhawk.

Heads up guys. 1.2 patch should be up tomorrow (wednesday). How's the clan vs clan setup going mana?

If COD4 is on sat night I'm afraid I'll probably have to go with that.

I downloaded the patch and checked out the hosting options. Yeah, I can have clan matches with the new Warhawk setup, but cannot have a dedicated clan match (if I'm hosting). Reserving friend slots is nice too, even during ranked matches it seems.

I'm going to take a look at more options and try the game out, seeing if I discover anything else new.

Hey Mana. With the new 1.2 and clan hosting, you can set it to "player clan". this will allow us to play another clan, or in the case of no other clan available anyone may join the other team (Even this way we still all get to be on the same team).

BTW. Almost a given nowadays, but ...... I'm be there.

I may look into that. Okay, here are the details so far:

Warhawk Match, Friday 12/21 @ 9:30pm EST (I might push it earlier if needed).

Server: ManaKnight
Password: cag

Hope to see you there. I cannot guarantee I will have this night, because I'm a little late starting this (so there might not be enough people).

So I'm a total Warhawk newbie, but relatively long time CAGer and was interested in joining these CAG sessions.

My PSN id is Thelonicon. I look forward to getting shot up. A lot.;)

I should be able to play tomorrow, assuming everything doesn't go to complete hell at work. Looking forward to it.

[quote name='josh_animebum']So I'm a total Warhawk newbie, but relatively long time CAGer and was interested in joining these CAG sessions.

My PSN id is Thelonicon. I look forward to getting shot up. A lot.;)[/QUOTE]Cool, I hope to see you there.

Yes, Warhawk is still on for 9:30pm EST tomorrow. Information on the first post.

Stupid me, I forgot to send out PSN messages reminding people.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Any word on the game setup? i.e. same as usual, or some kind of clan game etc.[/QUOTE]No clan game yet, due to not everyone being in it yet, and I haven't tried talking to anyone about a CAG clan game. It will be worked on (hopefully for next week).

Hey guys, I might be late tonight. Setting my nephew and his new ps3 up tonight, meaning I might miss the 9:30pm tip off. Which would suck cos the first deathmatch is my fav. :cry:

That's fine, I'll still host the game. I'm only going to be running it for 1.5 hours. I still gotta setup the games, take a shower, and so on (I've been gone almost all day helping my sister move). Gotta do the same tomorrow morning, so I can't be on extremely late.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That's fine, I'll still host the game. I'm only going to be running it for 1.5 hours. I still gotta setup the games, take a shower, and so on (I've been gone almost all day helping my sister move). Gotta do the same tomorrow morning, so I can't be on extremely late.[/QUOTE]

When you guys play, around how long do you play for?

[quote name='js1']When you guys play, around how long do you play for?[/quote]

Usually from 9:30pm est to 11pm est (1.5 hours), with 6 x 15min matches.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Usually from 9:30pm est to 11pm est (1.5 hours), with 6 x 15min matches.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Is it about the same for COD 4 and other games?

As I told everyone in the game, I will look into inviting more of you to the clan this weekend (who are not currently in the right clan or no clan at all). I want to build up the clan so we can compete against others (I'm just thinking of possible forum clans we can play against (a few on my mind, just have to check their size)).

Anyway, I want to thank those for showing up. I enjoyed playing Warhawk with you all. Happy Holiday's to all. :)

:D A friend bought him and I the last Warhawks w/ headset from Walmart for 20 bucks each tonight. Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased. Hope to be joining you guys soon.

Well I was really sucking it up as I usual do when I play Warhawk, but I had a fun first outing with CAG. I hope to make more games in the future, and I really need to learn how to actually play the game better. Although I did get my first two kills with the sniper rifle yesterday in the last 5 minutes or so of the last game.

Lol, I sucked hardcore in that first match. That's when I made that joke about me dominating the leaderboard, when I really had zero frags and like 12 deaths. I'm just horrible at deathmatch because of the random chaos factor and cramped quarters. I actually did better in the final deathmatch where the much larger map layout gave more room to breathe.

crunchb3rry, be sure to check the invitations under the clan area, because I invited you to the newer CAG clan.

I invited a few more to the newer CAG clan. I need to verify the clan size has been increased to 64 people, so I can start inviting more. I'm going to go through the old clan thread, see who still plays, and put them into the new CAG clan.

Hey Mana, my nephew might come to the clan meets from now on. He's a young un, and can hold his own but if his ass gets out of control feel free to kick/ban him.

merry christmas all, i wish i was home so i could participate in the games. but thats gonna have to wait a couple weeks.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Yup, just show up. After then game mana will send a clan invite.[/QUOTE]Pretty much. Also at the moment, I haven't decided whether I want to do Friday or early Saturday (or maybe another day). Looking into it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Pretty much. Also at the moment, I haven't decided whether I want to do Friday or early Saturday (or maybe another day). Looking into it.[/quote]

Cool. I was gonna ask when the next game is .... but nevermind.

I think I'm going to try Friday night again, but I will make it at 9pm this time (see if I can get some Eastern folks this time on longer). I may be willing to play a little longer this time if I start at that time.

So anyway, right now I have setup:

Day: 12/28
Time: 9PM EST

Server: ManaKnight (If I saw CAG Clan, I will forget)
Password: cag

All right, I sent a bunch of PMs to people letting them know about Warhawk night this Friday (along with PSN messages).

I have heard a few say Friday night is a bad time (and I thank them for telling me), so next week, I will move the night to Saturday earlier in the evening (like 5 or 6pm). I will check everyones schedule to see if it will work out. I can do Sunday afternoon this weekend, but not after the next.

I'm going to look through Sunday schedules in the CAG gaming group.

You know, we should probably just host it saturday night.

I don't think the amount people who play both cod4 and warhawk is that much really. It also gives others a chance to play.

Anyway, I'll probably be there tonight. But you guys already knew that right. :)

[quote name='StrandedBrit']You know, we should probably just host it saturday night.

I don't think the amount people who play both cod4 and warhawk is that much really. It also gives others a chance to play.

Anyway, I'll probably be there tonight. But you guys already knew that right. :)[/QUOTE]Actually, although there are some who play either, I still try to avoid conflicts. Until I get CoD4, it's stuck on Saturday night for now (I'd do a 3 week rotation on Saturday night between UT3, Warhawk, and CoD4, since I feel it's fair to allow all games to be played).

But I can look into having it the same time as CoD4.

I was wondering how voicechat works in this game. The couple of times I played it, I could only hear a few weird squeky noises coming through the earpice. I don't know if nobody had a mic or what, but I just wanted to know how it works.

You have to click L3 right? And do you have to enable the mic somewhere in Warhawk (it works fine for Resistance)? Is there any way to speak freely like how the squad system works in Resistance?

[quote name='primetime']I was wondering how voicechat works in this game. The couple of times I played it, I could only hear a few weird squeky noises coming through the earpice. I don't know if nobody had a mic or what, but I just wanted to know how it works.

You have to click L3 right? And do you have to enable the mic somewhere in Warhawk (it works fine for Resistance)? Is there any way to speak freely like how the squad system works in Resistance?[/QUOTE]Click L3 to use the mic. I sometimes hear weird noises, but I can hear people talk (through the ear piece).

I will try to play tonight if I can, I normally play later at night around 10PM est or a little later.

I have been playing COD 4 and warhawk, and I have not that much fun playing in quite some time; even if 'm getting my butt kicked.

I have a question how do I add people to my friends list? Also is it different from game to game? Or ido you add them one-time in the XMB thing?

[quote name='js1']I will try to play tonight if I can, I normally play later at night around 10PM est or a little later.

I have been playing COD 4 and warhawk, and I have not that much fun playing in quite some time; even if 'm getting my butt kicked.

I have a question how do I add people to my friends list? Also is it different from game to game? Or ido you add them one-time in the XMB thing?[/QUOTE]People you play in Warhawk appear under the recent players list on the XMB. You can add people you played in Warhawk that way. Warhawk and CoD4 use the XMB friends list, so you don't need to add the same person twice for Warhawk and CoD4, just once to your XMB friends.

[quote name='primetime']I was wondering how voicechat works in this game. The couple of times I played it, I could only hear a few weird squeky noises coming through the earpice. I don't know if nobody had a mic or what, but I just wanted to know how it works.

You have to click L3 right? And do you have to enable the mic somewhere in Warhawk (it works fine for Resistance)? Is there any way to speak freely like how the squad system works in Resistance?[/quote]

If it work fine in resistance then it'll work fine in warhawk.

You are right L3 pushed to talk. That's it. There is no squad system or open mic. The squeak was probably someone accidentally hitting L3. There isn't a hell of a lot of talking during a clan match. Some games there'll be talking some not.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']If it work fine in resistance then it'll work fine in warhawk.

You are right L3 pushed to talk. That's it. There is no squad system or open mic. The squeak was probably someone accidentally hitting L3. There isn't a hell of a lot of talking during a clan match. Some games there'll be talking some not.[/QUOTE]Usually I do all the talking because I'm very annoying. ;)

EDIT: I inserted my Warhawk disc and about to start the game (posting this at 8:58pm).

I had to leave early but I had a blast as always.

That one CTF map was funny as hell. Mana, some other dude and I were in a jeep going straight for the opponent's flag then BAM, all three of us get blown into pieces.

bread's done
Back