CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

That was awesome fun!! Took me a few minutes to find the game, but I'm glad I did. Can't wait till next time!!

I'm game for warhawk or unreal anytime!

[quote name='knightsdwn']I had to leave early but I had a blast as always.

That one CTF map was funny as hell. Mana, some other dude and I were in a jeep going straight for the opponent's flag then BAM, all three of us get blown into pieces.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that was really great.

I have no idea yet when I will schedule the next game. I did invite primetime171 to the clan, but I gotta go through my recent players to see who else played.

Warhawk nights are the only PS3 Online game where most nights have been successful, but my goal is to make many other games very successful (like Calling All Cars, Tekken 5 DR, CoD4 maybe, and future releases like Burnout Paradise).

[quote name='knightsdwn']I had to leave early but I had a blast as always.

That one CTF map was funny as hell. Mana, some other dude and I were in a jeep going straight for the opponent's flag then BAM, all three of us get blown into pieces.[/quote]

I'm pretty certain that the "other dude" was me. That was a pretty funny moment especially watching all of our bodies flying in the air.

Tonight was probably the most fun I had playing Warhawk. It probably helps that I was actually doing alright for some of those matches. Although I was wondering what happened to the other teams defense during the second CTF game where I think I grabbed 3 flags without much resistance. ;)

I look forward to the next match.

[quote name='josh_animebum']I'm pretty certain that the "other dude" was me. [/quote]

Yeah sorry man, forgot your name. I have pretty bad short term memory...

Was fun driving around in the jeep for the first 5 minutes of the match till we blew up. Switched over to some aerial combat after.

Another funny moment was in the same game during the last seconds. 3 of us in Warhawks were trying to gun down this one guy on a bridge for a good minute but just wouldn't die. I call health h4x on that guy dammit!

Sorry I missed out on this one. I've been pretty sick lately so my schedule's been weird. I'll try to make the next one for sure. (Maybe my DS3 will be here by then... Did I say that the last time, too?)

[quote name='knightsdwn']Yeah sorry man, forgot your name. I have pretty bad short term memory...

Was fun driving around in the jeep for the first 5 minutes of the match till we blew up. Switched over to some aerial combat after.

Another funny moment was in the same game during the last seconds. 3 of us in Warhawks were trying to gun down this one guy on a bridge for a good minute but just wouldn't die. I call health h4x on that guy dammit![/quote]

I ended up getting that kill ;)

Good map rotation, different from the usual. It was maybe too cramped in the Bridge Out map, I got bored with sitting on the rocket launcher overlooking the Blue base ;)

My friend had fun, he even jumped into a Warhawk pretty quickly and liked it!

Outside of CAG'ers playing this game, are there many others on at any given time? I want Warhawk, but I'm worried about the number of people playing...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Good map rotation, different from the usual. It was maybe too cramped in the Bridge Out map, I got bored with sitting on the rocket launcher overlooking the Blue base ;)

My friend had fun, he even jumped into a Warhawk pretty quickly and liked it![/QUOTE]Lol, yeah. I wasn't sure how many would show up, so I went with a smaller map. I might start going to some bigger maps the next time.

I'm going to go through my recent players list and invite more to the clan. Also, those who tried adding me as a friend once and saw my list was maxed out, I may be opening a few slots soon.
[quote name='mtxbass1']Outside of CAG'ers playing this game, are there many others on at any given time? I want Warhawk, but I'm worried about the number of people playing...[/QUOTE]There are MORE than enough, especially since the servers are worldwide. I think there's over 500k who have played the game online.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Yeah sorry man, forgot your name. I have pretty bad short term memory...

Another funny moment was in the same game during the last seconds. 3 of us in Warhawks were trying to gun down this one guy on a bridge for a good minute but just wouldn't die. I call health h4x on that guy dammit![/QUOTE]

That, I believe, was me... and was I laughing and trying to find someplace to go and just couldn't do a thing :/ lol

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
There are MORE than enough, especially since the servers are worldwide. I think there's over 500k who have played the game online.[/quote]

Ok, cool.

Are there any problems with buying this game used? My gamestop has several copies without the headset used for $34.99 and I'm thinking about picking one up.

Yeah good games last night. Nice to have a different rotation. Some maps were pretty good.

Also good to see that a lot of us are pretty decent now. There seemed to be a different winner each round.

Look forward to the next round.

BTW mana, don't bother sending "The_Baconator" an invite. He'll just turn up from time to time. ;)

Ok, cool.

Are there any problems with buying this game used? My gamestop has several copies without the headset used for $34.99 and I'm thinking about picking one up.

If you have a headset, there's no probs picking it up used.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']
BTW mana, don't bother sending "The_Baconator" an invite. He'll just turn up from time to time. ;)[/QUOTE]I figured that was him. ;)

I just got Warhawk so I'll be in on the next game. I'll probably have no idea what the hell I'll be doing but I'll try to be there.

I'll be there. I'm a total noob but oh well. Do you guys use the mics or is it mostly just silent?

[quote name='Blackout542']I'll be there. I'm a total noob but oh well. Do you guys use the mics or is it mostly just silent?[/quote]

Talking is usually pretty inconvenient, so mostly the latter.

[quote name='metaly']Saturday I've got my birthday dinner. :D But let me know what time and I'll see if I can make it.[/QUOTE]I didn't know it was on your birthday. Thanks for letting me know though. ;) Well, I was thinking of playing earlier on Saturday if I do, so it doesn't conflict with another game too much.
[quote name='Blackout542']I'll be there. I'm a total noob but oh well. Do you guys use the mics or is it mostly just silent?[/QUOTE]I always use a mic. :D
[quote name='aihuman']Anyone playing tomorrow.[/QUOTE]If anyone wants to play, I can set something up.

I'm up for practice sessions.

Especially if the Clan vs Clan game is going to have CTF and zones as they said. We'll need to polish up our communication.

All right, I updated the schedule:

Schedule
Date: 1/4 (Our Practice game, anyone can join)
Time: 9pm EST
Server: ManaKnight
Password: cag

Date: 1/5 (BIG Clan Match. We need 8-12 people to volunteer and they MUST be actual clan members)
Time: 3pm EST
Server: TBA
Password: TBA (not sure if there will be one)

So far for the clan match on Saturday, I'll sign up:
ManaKnight (maybe, if a slot is needed, although I may just host a dedicated server and not play)
StrandedBrit
Thomaticus

I haven't completely gone through the list of our best, but I definitely want people like bombsquad07, LethalGod, Lonwang, StarkKat, etc. to attend too.

Damn, I wish I could make it to the practice/clan match but ill be busy this weekend. Im not sure how much help I could be since Im pretty rusty at this point. But I will try make it to the next match.

Give them hell guys.

I was just playing this to practice a bit and I have to say it's disappointing that there don't seem to be many situations during the clan games that require me to just sit in the enemy base and blow stuff up in a tank, because I was dominating them. Reminds me of all those hours spent on Wake Island... good times.

The clan vs. clan will be next week. I gotta update this thread. The reason I say next week is because the clan is still being built (a bunch of invites not received) and I'm trying really hard to get to a point where I can definitely rely on having at least 8 show up regardless. Also, this weekend, I may not be able to attend unfortunately.

Yes, I'm still going to have it. I haven't decided yet how I will set it up though. I'm thinking of turning off the randomizing and team balancing, just so people can practice with one another (especially on CTF).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The clan vs. clan will be next week. I gotta update this thread. The reason I say next week is because the clan is still being built (a bunch of invites not received) and I'm trying really hard to get to a point where I can definitely rely on having at least 8 show up regardless. Also, this weekend, I may not be able to attend unfortunately.[/quote] Acknowledged.

[quote name='amicus']i should be back for the next game, but i'll be rusty.

are there many of us playing the expansion?[/quote]

im playing the expansion. not worth my 7 dollars.....

i should be there tonight.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I have a fever so I'm in for the game tonight[/QUOTE]That sucks to hear. :whistle2:( I hope you get well soon. :)

Anyway, I'm about to set the map rotation. I'm thinking of throwing in more CTF/Zones especially, so everyone gets better at working as a team.

What I may do is (7 map rotation)

DM
CTF
Zones
CTF
Zones
CTF
TDM

[quote name='metaly']Where is the mofo-ing DOGFIGHT?[/QUOTE]No dogfight set this time...unless I decide to make the last TDM a dogfight one. I was close to putting it in, but I think everyone needs to learn better teamwork.

I'm turning on my PS3 and about to start.

I'm very pleased to see a wonderful turnout. The last game was very good.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for showing up. Those who are not in a clan will be added to the CAG Clan sometime this week. Those who may want to switch clans, let me know and I'll invite you.

I will let everyone know all the details as the CAG vs. Neo GAF clan battle approaches.

Man, I spent such a long time in the beginning just trying to look for the server, hahaha, but yeah that was a great game, especially the last TDM

bread's done
Back