CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='GodlyOne']Man, I spent such a long time in the beginning just trying to look for the server, hahaha, but yeah that was a great game, especially the last TDM[/QUOTE]It was my fault. I had problems getting my PS3 online due to internet connection issues (would not obtain an IP).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It was my fault. I had problems getting my PS3 online due to internet connection issues (would not obtain an IP).[/quote]
No prob man, this was like the first time I had to look for a specific server, looking forward to the next game

Well, I'm not sure if there will be another practice session of CAG Warhawk night next week, but there will probably be a CAG vs. Neo GAF Clan battle on 1/12 @ 3PM EST. I'll let you know when there's more info.

I kept track of the people who did well early on (and somewhat in the past). Here are a few I'd definitely like to attend (if possible), but I know there are more I forgot to mention (I kept track of stats the first few games and listed those at the top of the rankings):
Amicus
bombsquad07
buddah8640
Cthulu8u
KnightsDwn
LethalGod
Longwang
metaly
SHIZIM
StarkKat
StrandedBrit
Thomaticus

I'm going to invite more to the clan in within an hour (freakyzeeky and GodlyOne).

I'm a little upset right now because I might have been able to make a CAG vs. Neo GAF battle this week (because I had plan to do things with a few friends....and I'm the type who doesn't get out much so getting out would be a good thing, but it will not work out today). But at the same time, I'm glad I get to finish getting the clan together and making sure we improved our teamwork skills (I felt it was mostly successful last night).

To let everyone know, since I'm going back to college next week (hopefully it will finally be my last semester ever), I won't be as involved with CAG Warhawk, but I'll still show up every once in a while and I'll still let you know about future games (I'll host every 2-3 weekends, depending upon when I go home).

Earlier GAF said they can only host 12. Seeing as we can only host 12 without you what will happen? Top 6? Could we amybe get 2 games of 6 going?

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Earlier GAF said they can only host 12. Seeing as we can only host 12 without you what will happen? Top 6? Could we amybe get 2 games of 6 going?[/QUOTE]Like I said, some games I may host, and oh course I can do 20. There has to be someone at GAF who can do a lot.
[quote name='Inf^Shini']One of these days I'll start playing Warhawk again :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
You better come back. ;)

All right, I updated my original post. We need around 12 people. I hope to get more committed, just in case some don't show up (or change at the last minute).

I don't think we'll have any practice session on Friday.

How long do you think the match will last? I have some business to take care of at 4:45 - 5:00. As long as the game does not last that long, I should be a go for the 12th.

I'm going to list those who said they'd be interested to play, to keep track:

Amicus
Buddah8640
GodlyOne
KnightsDwn (can play until 4:45pm)
Lonwang
ManaKnight
primetime171
StrandedBrit
Thomaticus

My plan is to get around 16 or so people committed (meaning could join). I'll have 12-13 people try to enter the game at exactly 3pm, then I'd have others try to enter at 3:20pm or something, just in case someone has internet problems and/or some people just don't show up for reasons.

Well I would probably be able to play but I am really new to Warhawk and I have been having some connection issues. Do you still need people? Also I don't have a headset just yet.

EDIT: I was looking at my schedule and it looks highly unlikely that I will be able to play on Saturday, but I would still like to play with you guys someday.

[quote name='darthbudge']Well I would probably be able to play but I am really new to Warhawk and I have been having some connection issues. Do you still need people? Also I don't have a headset just yet.

EDIT: I was looking at my schedule and it looks highly unlikely that I will be able to play on Saturday, but I would still like to play with you guys someday.[/QUOTE]Sometimes people may have connection issues. I might see if I can help you out sometime (because there are a few settings you may want to change on your router, like opening the DMZ on your PS3 IP address or opening a few ports).

Anyway, you are more than welcome to play with us. :) I'll let you know when we have future games.

If I'm in the mood, I might consider giving away my Warhawk headset, because I never used it (I already have another BT headset which I prefer).

[quote name='StrandedBrit']We need to get LethalGod and Bombsquad onboard.[/QUOTE]I'm definitely going to try talking to those two.

Lol, if one of my PSN friends didn't have HDD issues, I'd have him join CAG and the clan (He's one of the best at Warhawk).

Oh yeah, lurkers here who usually play games, can tell me via PM, AIM, etc. that they want to attend.

I've played Warhawk about 45 total hours now, but I left the eCAG clan since nobody in it ever played. The next highest was like 4-5 hours total and some had like 30 minutes and that was it.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']I've played Warhawk about 45 total hours now, but I left the eCAG clan since nobody in it ever played. The next highest was like 4-5 hours total and some had like 30 minutes and that was it.[/QUOTE]I thought I invited you to the new CAG clan (the main CAG clan, since all previous clans are not being used anymore (CAGe, eCAG, etc.). If you want to be in it, I'll invite you.

Not sure if I can make it on Saturday. The wife and I may be getting together with some friends. How many Warhawk players are playing COD4? Just started playing this game. Dont think im ready to play online yet.

[quote name='Randy McT']Not sure if I can make it on Saturday. The wife and I may be getting together with some friends. How many Warhawk players are playing COD4? Just started playing this game. Dont think im ready to play online yet.[/quote]

No bombsquad :cry:

Oh well. There's several of us warhawkers that play cod4. I know buddah, amicus, myself, knightsdwn and starkkat play at least. There could be more.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']No bombsquad :cry:

Oh well. There's several of us warhawkers that play cod4. I know buddah, amicus, myself, knightsdwn and starkkat play at least. There could be more.[/quote]

I wish this many people played UT3 online :cry:

So now I have listed:

aihuman (Reserve)
Amicus
Buddah8640
Cthulhu8u
GodlyOne
LethalGod (hopefully he shows up)
Lonwang
ManaKnight (reserve)
metaly (reserve)
primetime171
StrandedBrit
Thelonicon
Thomaticus
x3x1x

We have around 10. I gotta check the other thread to see if anyone else might come. We still need at least 5 more people.

Looks like we are up to 12-13 now. Still looking for a few others to commit or something (like join maybe 10 minutes after 3pm EST, just in case someone doesn't show up).

I'm reluctant to commit because I don't know if I can make it this Saturday, but I guess you could put me down as a reserve. If I'm around, I'll check here to see how many people have showed up.

Hey mana have you sent messages to everyone in the clan that there is a clan game coming up?

I think I remember that SHIZIM guy being pretty decent, and what about freakyzeeky?

Hey Mana, are we going to have a practice match within the clan so we all work better as a keep, I dont think our silent mic strategy is going to work to well this time. If you cant host, we could jump into an empty public server and try that out.

[quote name='metaly']I'm reluctant to commit because I don't know if I can make it this Saturday, but I guess you could put me down as a reserve. If I'm around, I'll check here to see how many people have showed up.[/QUOTE]I can put you down as a reserve, basically, don't worry about trying to show up until later on or something. If you get in great. If you don't, you don't have to worry about it.
[quote name='StrandedBrit']Hey mana have you sent messages to everyone in the clan that there is a clan game coming up?

I think I remember that SHIZM guy being pretty decent.[/QUOTE]I'll get around to talking to a few. I sent a PM to LethalGod.
[quote name='wtfisthisfob']Hey Mana, are we going to have a practice match within the clan so we all work better as a keep, I dont think our silent mic strategy is going to work to well this time. If you cant host, we could jump into an empty public server and try that out.[/QUOTE]I'm the one who usually does all the talking. I dunno about practicing, since I didn't plan on it. If people want to, I can look into it, although I was probably going to take Friday off for a change (I might actually go out somewhere for a change, lol).

NM previous part, the walls have ears :)

How about this: we could decide during our (possibly upcoming) practice session who our attackers, defenders, Warhawk pilots, etc. are, then we won't need to do as much talking during a match.

I think it's best we don't say our strategy in public. ;)
[quote name='StrandedBrit']I can maybe host friday night if enough people want to practice.

That way Mana can have his night off. ;)[/QUOTE]I'm getting so wasted that I'll probably won't be sober enough to play on Saturday,
just kidding. ;)

Practice on Friday might be for the best if StrandedBrit will host. Mana Knight, you should damn well go out somewhere on friday, haha. I on the other hand cancelled my plans on Saturday so I can play in the clan match, hahaha =/

I dunno Mana you might actually play better if your still alil buzzed, it works for me time to time haha.

But yea it would be cool if you can host a game on fri Stranded, that way we can figure out who is good at what and so that we wont panic durning the clan match.

Hmmm, I might ask one of my PSN friends if he'd like to jump on for the match. I know I won't, I'd be gettin' frag'd all night long, I blow at this game now >.>

I dont know, playing competitively always sucks out the fun.Whatever,Im able to play just dont expect awesomeness.

OK, Friday Night @ 9PM EST, unless people object and want a different time.

Server - StrandedBrit
Password - cag

I'll start off and end with a 5 min death match so we can all chat strategy. I'll get some zones and ctf, maybe a tdm in there. I'll randomize teams too.

[quote name='Draccius']I can join up for the match, too. I've been missing because I was in the process of moving, but I'm finally back online now.[/QUOTE]Are you talking about the practice session, or CAG vs. GAF? I wanted to make sure so I can put you on the list (if you want to play).

Here's the updated list I have:
aihuman
Amicus
Bombsquad07
Buddah8640
Cthulhu8u
GodlyOne
LethalGod
Lonwang
ManaKnight
primetime171
StrandedBrit
Thelonicon
Thomaticus
x3x1x

I'll decide soon who I want to be the first 12 to show up at least, and who to try showing up maybe 5-10 minutes later (just in case a slot is not open). Or I dunno, just have most everyone join.

EDIT: To let everyone know, you MUST be in the CAG clan to join the game. If you are not, please let me know.

I have something important to do tomorrow so I won't be able to make it to the practice session, I'll still be able to make it to the match on Saturday though.

I had a really, really, really bad night tonight (especially when compared to last week). Well, I'm not even going to prioritize myself for showing up tomorrow. I'll probably look at joining 5-10 minutes afterwards, if an extra player is needed.

I unfortunately can't make it tomorrow, but I had a great time playing tonight. Good luck, guys. (Just don't let Thomas carry any flags.)

Don't know what Thomas did, but I carried a flag right out of bounds on that one map. I'm so used to playing that level and having that way open, I didn't even look at the map's boundaries. Plus, I had some jackass in a Warhawk busting my chops the whole way.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

bread's done
Back