CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='Thomas96']Warhawk's in game chat isn't very good. I could hardly understand anything anyone was saying most of the time.[/quote]
[quote name='The Mana Knight']Was your NAT on Type 3? If it was, that's usually the problem. I adjusted my settings so I'd be NAT Type 2, and I can clearly understand others when they talk. When I'm on NAT Type 3 at my apartment or other times, I can barely understand a word anyone is saying. NAT Type can be found under your internet settings list and when you're on type 3, it limits your chat ability (and listening to chat).[/quote]
Open up these ports.
PORTS:
TCP: 80, 443, 5223

UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

I would try only UDP 3478-3658 if that doesnt work try the others.

[quote name='aihuman']Open up these ports.
PORTS:
TCP: 80, 443, 5223

UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

I would try only UDP 3478-3658 if that doesnt work try the others.[/quote]

Is that just for Warhawk or all/most PS3 games? Also, will something like that really improve the clarity? I would have guessed that a port forwarding fix would be more for an all-or-nothing problem.

[quote name='metaly']Is that just for Warhawk or all/most PS3 games? Also, will something like that really improve the clarity? I would have guessed that a port forwarding fix would be more for an all-or-nothing problem.[/quote]Its for all PS3 games.It will improve your connection so you can actually hear people on headsets and allows you to use the chat function on your PS3.Better overall connection.;)

Actually, I used the tutorial at PSU. Since my router from my ISP is quite complicated (the one at home), I just open the DMZ at the IP my PS3 is set to. The one at my apartment, I can open up the ports (since it's not as hard to use).

A few other games have limited chat features when you are NAT Type 3.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Actually, I used the tutorial at PSU. Since my router from my ISP is quite complicated (the one at home), I just open the DMZ at the IP my PS3 is set to. The one at my apartment, I can open up the ports (since it's not as hard to use).

A few other games have limited chat features when you are NAT Type 3.[/quote]

Yeah I did that too. Using DMZ was what actually turned my nat type to 2, but I guess different systems/settings means different results so ......

[quote name='The Mana Knight']We have not played a DLC game yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info and sorry I could not make it but something came up. I will try to make the next session.

So for someone looking at Warhawk and is in need of a headset for the PS3, is the bundle with the bluetooth headset and the game a good deal, or is that headset not very good? Of most concern is how the volume is, since I have hearing issues, so need to know how good the volume control is. The headset that comes with the 360 isn't good enough, to give an idea.

The headset is decent; however, there are some environments you may have trouble getting it to work. It works at my house, but does not work at my apartment (cannot explain why). I prefer my Plantronics 320 headset though.

As for volume problems, it isn't the headset usually, it's people who didn't re-configure their router for Type 2 NAT for their PS3.

[quote name='Ryukahn']So for someone looking at Warhawk and is in need of a headset for the PS3, is the bundle with the bluetooth headset and the game a good deal, or is that headset not very good? Of most concern is how the volume is, since I have hearing issues, so need to know how good the volume control is. The headset that comes with the 360 isn't good enough, to give an idea.[/quote]

The headset is decent enough. It's not the greatest thing out there but does the basic function. Volume is OK if anything but maybe a little on the soft side, so if you have hearing issues I might look elsewhere.

EDIT: So when's the next practice?

All right, I'll set a Warhawk night for next week, guaranteed. Due to not many people showing up on Saturday, I'm going to go with Friday, at 9 or 9:30pm EST (basically 2/1). Server might change because I might go home.

Awesome, Mana Knight! I just got this game about 30 mins ago, and right away I jump on CAG and see that someone's got this shit rollin already!

I'm definitely in for the 1st!

Until then,...I'll try to catch you online!

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Anyone up for a game tonight? If there's any kind of interest I might host a few games tonight.[/QUOTE]

im going to try and get home early tonight.

All right, if people want to play, I will edit the thread title and stuff when I get home (currently on my college campus right now). The reason I had no Warhawk night was because I was considering going to DDR Club Callout, but it was canceled, so I may be open.

Yeah it's not like it was something official, I just thought if some of the regulars wanted to kick it for a few games that would be cool. Didn't want to sound like I was organizing a full fledged game, just seeing if anyone wanted to play.

Well its official I bought Warhawk, my headset should arrive from gamefly next week, so until then I wouldn't mind playing with you guys.

SN is Seismicwave; see you guys online

Well, anyway if people want to play Warhawk tonight, either StrandedBrit (can do 12) or josh_animebum (can do 16) will host. Right now I set the time at 9:30pm EST, since that's when people seem to be able to get on at least. If people want the game I'll call it official, and if people do not, I'll take it down.

Yeah I can host, I've never hosted before, but according to the in-game bandwidth test I SHOULD be able to host 16.

I'll go the usual route with servername being my PSN ID so with that in mind:

Time 9:30 EST
Servername: Thelonicon
Password: cag

Do we want to play with friendly fire on, off, somewhere inbetween?

How many rounds and how long do people want them? (I was thinking 8 rounds 10 minutes each)

Something along the lines the following rotation:

DM
CTF
Zones
TDM (Dogfight)
CTF
Zones
TDM
DM

Give me your thoughts and I'll try to incorporate them as best I can (I'll check again around 9:20 when I start setting up the server).

All right, I'll tell you how it works.

-You must do a player server, to get a password protect.
-Radomize the teams.
-As for friendly fire, anywhere from 40-60% is fine.

I think the rotation you have is fine. We usually do 10 to 15 minutes.

Try not to make the maps too big. 16 players seems a lot, but on the huge maps it can get a little lonely.

EDIT: Mana, I was hoping Josh would host, so I was waiting to see if he would post. I like hosting, but you never know how meany people will show up. Some weeks its 8, the next it's 18!?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']So... who's hosting tonight, Brit or josh?
The OP says Brit's server, so I'm a bit confused here. :dunce:[/QUOTE]Josh. I just fixed it (I forgot).

I was waiting to play Warhawk a couple of hours ago and I fell asleep on my couch, just woke up a couple of minutes ago.....arghhh, haha. =/

It's still going on. Go ahead and join. I had to leave due to my internet giving me some problems (caused the game to freeze, which happens). Back at home, I have no issues with that.

I need to look through my recent players to see who showed up, along with seeing how did I miss.

Did anyone NOT apart of the CAG Warhawk clan show up in the 4th game or beyond? I need to know, because you won't be on my recent players list and I need to see who to maybe add to the clan in the future.

Yeah, there were some fun games. Once again I apologize for the last minute server name change. I'm going to have to email and ask what the hell is up with my PSN ID failing the profanity filter.

Hey, great games everyone. The dogfight round was especially excellent. I think that was the first time I've done a dogfight on that map, so that was cool.

I only have one complaint and that was that StrandedBrit wouldn't stop shooting me down.

Well, here are some recent names from my list of players met...

lonwang
ksc2303
SeismicWave
zenprime

All these appeared after your username

Lonwang is already in the clan. I think the others are on my recent players list. I'll work with it later. I'll try looking at your name Josh to see if I can come up with anything (I had to say CAG since the A word was considered profanity).

bread's done
Back