CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='aznguyen316']LOL no I created it myself.. a couple of my 360 buddies that also go to KU created our own [KU] clan on CoD4 on the 360.. so I thought I'd hold it down on the PS3 =) haha I rented CoD4 from Gamefly so I've been re-leveling on that.. hope to join a CAG night for that as well :)

Mana.. not to sound desperate haha but I'd like to become a friend.. you'd my be first hahah[/quote]

See mana... I told you. ;)

Just a reminder for everyone. I'll be running a dedicated server tomorrow starting around 5 pm eastern. It will be all small DM and small CTF. Feel free to play anytime. If the server goes down check back in a few minutes, I'm probably just switching the map rotation and making it a player server.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Good game tonight, hopefully I can catch everyone on COD4 later

mguiddy continued a DM server, and that was a blast. He's going to owe me a brand new DS3 soon. I swear, every time he pulls out the blade I die. It happened so often I was getting close to tossing the controller across the room. At one point I almost bit a piece off it :)[/quote]
:rofl:
Well you owe me and metaly hearing aids after you made us deaf in one ear when your bluetooth died. I kind of felt bad for a few of the random people who popped on (I left it public). I think I killed the same guy about 6 times before he got a kill in.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']At one point I almost bit a piece off it :)[/quote]

Ahahahaha.

[quote name='mguiddy']Well you owe me and metaly hearing aids after you made us deaf in one ear when your bluetooth died. I kind of felt bad for a few of the random people who popped on (I left it public). I think I killed the same guy about 6 times before he got a kill in.[/quote]

That was amazing. BZZRRRRNNN. I was trying not to laugh too hard.

And yeah... I might have gone a little overboard on one of those random guys in the tank. :roll: I hope he wasn't too upset. :)

Played a bit on a ranked server with SoCalDude afterward and finally got the next rank. Bubble helmet!

[quote name='endlessPRO']man I so wanted to play but got home late.

I love using the knife on warhawk its fun.[/quote]

Try again tomorrow, it officially starts at 11pm eastern, though like I've said the server will be up around 5pm. I don't know how many people will show up since mana hasn't advertised it.

[quote name='metaly']
Played a bit on a ranked server with SoCalDude afterward and finally got the next rank. Bubble helmet![/quote]

Hows team balance recently? I've been wanting to rank up but I don't want to play on an official server and end up on the wrong side of 15 vs 5. So I've been avoiding playing until 1.31 comes out.

Also, is there any reason why we couldn't do a ranked server some time? I love playing CQ DM only but there are is only one official ranked DM server and it has a max of 8 players. I think it'd be fun to do a ranked CQ DM night one of these days.

[quote name='mguiddy']Hows team balance recently? I've been wanting to rank up but I don't want to play on an official server and end up on the wrong side of 15 vs 5. So I've been avoiding playing until 1.31 comes out.

Also, is there any reason why we couldn't do a ranked server some time? I love playing CQ DM only but there are is only one official ranked DM server and it has a max of 8 players. I think it'd be fun to do a ranked CQ DM night one of these days.[/quote]

Team balance was fine when I played. There was one round where my team got completely dominated, but at least the teams had the same number of players. :)

I was going to suggest we try a ranked server sometime, too. We might get a few random people showing up, but turnout has been good lately so it would probably only be a couple. They might get scared away when they see all the [CAG] tags, anyway.

[quote name='aznguyen316']LOL no I created it myself.. a couple of my 360 buddies that also go to KU created our own [KU] clan on CoD4 on the 360.. so I thought I'd hold it down on the PS3 =) haha I rented CoD4 from Gamefly so I've been re-leveling on that.. hope to join a CAG night for that as well :)

Mana.. not to sound desperate haha but I'd like to become a friend.. you'd my be first hahah[/QUOTE]Ah, I see. If you rented CoD4 on PS3, I'll have to add you anyway so I can invite you to our games. ;)

[quote name='mguiddy']See mana... I told you. ;)

Just a reminder for everyone. I'll be running a dedicated server tomorrow starting around 5 pm eastern. It will be all small DM and small CTF. Feel free to play anytime. If the server goes down check back in a few minutes, I'm probably just switching the map rotation and making it a player server.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know many want me on my friends list, but I only have 50 slots. :whistle2:(

If you want to play at 5pm EST, that's fine, I'll advertise it right now.

[quote name='endlessPRO']man I so wanted to play but got home late.

I love using the knife on warhawk its fun.[/QUOTE]Yeah, knife kills are great. :) Don't you mean, The Mana Knife.:lol: I killed a TON last night with the wrench.

[quote name='mguiddy']Try again tomorrow, it officially starts at 11pm eastern, though like I've said the server will be up around 5pm. I don't know how many people will show up since mana hasn't advertised it.

Also, is there any reason why we couldn't do a ranked server some time? I love playing CQ DM only but there are is only one official ranked DM server and it has a max of 8 players. I think it'd be fun to do a ranked CQ DM night one of these days.[/QUOTE]Well, if you want to play at both times, let me know and we'll do both times; otherwise, I'm assuming you just want to play at 5pm EST?

Also, I originally didn't make ranked servers because there would be too many non-CAG members entering, which I could not kick, and then others could not get in. But since Warhawk has really expanded at CAG with several clan members, it may actually work now. People just have to show up early.

All right, I'll update the OP with new info.

[quote name='bigl523']Are you not allowed to create a passworded ranked server due to people abusing it?[/QUOTE]We were never allowed to password protect a ranked server.

[quote name='bigl523']Are you not allowed to create a passworded ranked server due to people abusing it?[/quote]

Problem with that is that a group of friends could rank up too easily by just killing each other. No challenge in that!

I notice a lot of people wandering in, like last night. that one "s1997" guy and his friend tried to hide in all the lame spots and pick us off. It didn't work since we kept going after them. I usually focus on the visitors before a CAG member, it's just more fun that way.
Hey, it's our clan's server, so if we slaughter visitors, they can take it or leave ;)

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Problem with that is that a group of friends could rank up too easily by just killing each other. No challenge in that!

I notice a lot of people wandering in, like last night. that one "s1997" guy and his friend tried to hide in all the lame spots and pick us off. It didn't work since we kept going after them. I usually focus on the visitors before a CAG member, it's just more fun that way.
Hey, it's our clan's server, so if we slaughter visitors, they can take it or leave ;)[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed a few people who were playing with split screen sticking together trying to survive... It didn't last long. :twisted:

I think next time I do an after match CQ DM only match I'll make it public and ranked. Usually there aren't many CAG members that stay (last night there were four, then when I switched over to only CQ DM, three, then just me and cthulhu, then metaly hopped in for a while, them me and cthulhu again. I did notice that it took a while for people to come in even though it was public, course maybe it'd be different with a ranked server.

@ TMK
Well I was just setting up the dedicated server @ 5pm so that it would be up for the "official" 11pm time if I didn't make it home in before. Kind of confusing but I figured I'd let people know the server would be up at 5pm in case there were some who wanted to play today but can't wait until 11pm.

Well the dedicated server is up now.
Server name and password is the standard.
Min Players 4
Max Players 24
All maps are small DM or small CTF

If the server goes down around 11pm eastern check back in a few minutes as I'm just switching to a more varied map rotation and to a player server. If it goes down before then... there must have been network issues (I had some earlier in the day when I was trying to rank up).

[quote name='mguiddy']Well the dedicated server is up now.
Server name and password is the standard.
Min Players 4
Max Players 24
All maps are small DM or small CTF

If the server goes down around 11pm eastern check back in a few minutes as I'm just switching to a more varied map rotation and to a player server. If it goes down before then... there must have been network issues (I had some earlier in the day when I was trying to rank up).[/quote]

Whats the name of the server? I looked for CAG something and Mana even DD.... could not find anything.

I will check every so often, but I am playig now so if somebody wants to hunt me down go for it.

A buddy and I often play splitscreen since I have the better TV, even with split down the middle. Instead of working together we often get shuffled to different teams and we end up hunting each other down. He's a CAG as well, just never bothers to post really.

I think there's a game on in 40 minutes or so. I might be a little late because I want to go pick up a burrito.
zlsz6r.gif

(Couldn't find a burrito smiley, so a taco will have to do.)

[quote name='metaly']
zlsz6r.gif

(Couldn't find a burrito smiley, so a taco will have to do.)[/quote]

My godly smiley powers could not find you a burrito smiley... :cry:

Closest thing I could find was this...
burrito.jpg

Yeah... The server name was CAG_Clan but it looks like it didn't last long... There really needs to be a "Restart with same settings on network error option", I'll add that to my wishlist of features. Like I said I kept having network errors (I don't _think_ it was on my end, as I never had them before, but who knows.) But I'm home now so the regular 11pm game is on.

And to let everyone know, I'm going to do a ranked small map DM only server once the number of players drops down. Unless there are objections.

Speaking of objections, if anyone really hates the maps I pick, let me know. I always seem to have the most fun on the smaller maps.

Well, that was fun! :D
Sorry I had to leave, but it was getting late, and I need to go to sleep soon because I've got important things to do in the morning.

Some of you really dominated tonight, especially in the CTF games. It's insane how good you guys are in just capturing flag, after flag, after flag! ;)

As always, I look forward to the next Warhawk night. :)

The 'kaboom-knife fight' death matches were fun too. :bouncy:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Well, that was fun! :D
Sorry I had to leave, but it was getting late, and I need to go to sleep soon because I've got important things to do in the morning.

Some of you really dominated tonight, especially in the CTF games. It's insane how good you guys are in just capturing flag, after flag, after flag! ;)

As always, I look forward to the next Warhawk night. :)

The 'kaboom-knife fight' death matches were fun too. :bouncy:[/quote]

I was surprised to see that the "official" game lasted 3 hours.

'nifes and 'nades... 'nifes and 'nades.

The ranked after game game didn't work out. After 30 minutes only one other person (besides me, socal, and cthulhu) showed up.:cry:
Next time I try I'm going to add "public" and "DM only" to the server name. Maybe it will entice a few more people to join.

Ahh I just remembered, just in case some of you didn't hear me in game... never fire the lightning gun when you have 4 land mines attached to your plane... Bad things happen.

One other thing. I'm not 100% sure but if you jump at the last minute while aiming the binoculars, it may not reset, allowing you to move the blast at the last second. Some may find that useful.

i played under majormaz since its under that acc.

i suck at this game lol.

does the missiles lock on when you fire when you fly the airplane . if it did , it never lock target on mine :/

[quote name='endlessPRO']i played under majormaz since its under that acc.

i suck at this game lol.

does the missiles lock on when you fire when you fly the airplane . if it did , it never lock target on mine :/[/QUOTE]It depends what weapon you use, but missiles do lock on. Although, if you hold them for too long and expected to target someone else, it will not work (because it won't target anything). We'll play sometime and I'll show you. :D

Last night was funny. I took mguiddy for a plane ride, but dropped him by accident :oops:
I actually wanted to see how high we could go, and if I could keep him on the wing without dropping him. Once he fell, I dove down to see if I could catch him. But I missed :lol:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Last night was funny. I took mguiddy for a plane ride, but dropped him by accident :oops:
I actually wanted to see how high we could go, and if I could keep him on the wing without dropping him. Once he fell, I dove down to see if I could catch him. But I missed :lol:[/quote]:lol:
You would have eventually stalled. Stalling is fun.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It depends what weapon you use, but missiles do lock on. Although, if you hold them for too long and expected to target someone else, it will not work (because it won't target anything). We'll play sometime and I'll show you. :D[/quote]

You might have to show me, too. lol
I kept gettin' killed a lot in this game.. I guess I need more practice or just needs slower targets than me. :)

BTW, Mana, I tried to add you on my buddy list after the game on Friday, but it says your list was full.

[quote name='Sinistar']You might have to show me, too. lol
I kept gettin' killed a lot in this game.. I guess I need more practice or just needs slower targets than me. :)[/quote]Will do. I might have to create a noob server one day. ;)

BTW, Mana, I tried to add you on my buddy list after the game on Friday, but it says your list was full.
You are just one of the 100+ CAG members who have added me, tried to add me, or wanted me on their buddy list. ;) My list is pretty full right now and it might be a while until I open more slots (I just opened up two recently, most people are pretty much permanent on my list for now).

A noob server, or CAG Warhawk flight school sounds like a great idea. Would also give us a chance to try out stupid warhawk trick like the flying tank and whatnot.

The knife-fights were fun as always, but I was surprised when I first saw a grenade come flying at me. I was against it at first, but since everyone else seemed to be using them I thought I'd join the mayhem. I think I adapted pretty well. :twisted:

I think we need to make it clear which are the knife-only DM's. Like someone said, not everyone seemed to get the memo and Freeky had to deliver SoCal's the hard way (which you beat me to, I was halfway there myself). Also, sorry for those Teamkills. I'm so used to playing with friendly fire set to zero I forget it's on sometimes. #-o

And I was trying to use my mic last night, but I think I need to tweak my settings. Don't suppose anyone heard me?

P.S. Mana, might it be time to remove the message on the clan page about CAG being down?

[quote name='iggywiggum']
I think we need to make it clear which are the knife-only DM's. Like someone said, not everyone seemed to get the memo and Freeky had to deliver SoCal's the hard way (which you beat me to, I was halfway there myself). [/quote]

LOL ya, don't we usually just do the first DM as knife only? I was going by that rule :cool: And since soebody toasted me with the flame thrower I thought all weapons were in. But I still sucked with that sniper rifle lol. I got what... a whopping two kills with it? haha I had such a bad night last night :bomb: The only thing I did good at was the dogfights amazingly enough... and that triple air mine kill that I got was awesome :bouncy:

I agree about the grenades. It was fun, but in the end I think I preferred just knives. My friend on with me last night was flying around and using a sniper rifle during knife fights, but I didn't think anyone would mind since it was his 1st time playing, he couldn't hit anything, and he just wanted to try the game out. I keep pestering him to buy a PS3, so I hope playing last night helped :twisted:

Also, I second the idea of a couple of mess-around stages, just practicing and doing dumb tricks like ride on a Warhawk in a race against someone else. I'm thinking a WH Olympics, challenge each other to dumb events. That might be cool.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']

Also, I second the idea of a couple of mess-around stages, just practicing and doing dumb tricks like ride on a Warhawk in a race against someone else. I'm thinking a WH Olympics, challenge each other to dumb events. That might be cool.[/quote]

Or a bunch of us equipped with wrenches can get on top of a Warhawk and see how long we can survive outside of the map (you know, the 'danger zone' area that depletes your health? Ergo, that's why we have wrenches! :razz: ) :lol:

[quote name='iggywiggum']The knife-fights were fun as always, but I was surprised when I first saw a grenade come flying at me. I was against it at first, but since everyone else seemed to be using them I thought I'd join the mayhem. I think I adapted pretty well. :twisted:

I think we need to make it clear which are the knife-only DM's. Like someone said, not everyone seemed to get the memo and Freeky had to deliver SoCal's the hard way (which you beat me to, I was halfway there myself). Also, sorry for those Teamkills. I'm so used to playing with friendly fire set to zero I forget it's on sometimes. #-o

And I was trying to use my mic last night, but I think I need to tweak my settings. Don't suppose anyone heard me?

P.S. Mana, might it be time to remove the message on the clan page about CAG being down?[/quote]

I don't remember hearing from you, so I don't think the mic was working. And I agree about changing the message on the clan page.

[quote name='fuss']LOL ya, don't we usually just do the first DM as knife only? I was going by that rule :cool: And since soebody toasted me with the flame thrower I thought all weapons were in. But I still sucked with that sniper rifle lol. I got what... a whopping two kills with it? haha I had such a bad night last night :bomb: The only thing I did good at was the dogfights amazingly enough... and that triple air mine kill that I got was awesome :bouncy:[/quote]

Yeah, usually it's just the first DM, but someone mentioned doing 'nifes 'n 'nades so we did. Next time we should be clearer.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I agree about the grenades. It was fun, but in the end I think I preferred just knives. My friend on with me last night was flying around and using a sniper rifle during knife fights, but I didn't think anyone would mind since it was his 1st time playing, he couldn't hit anything, and he just wanted to try the game out. I keep pestering him to buy a PS3, so I hope playing last night helped :twisted:

Also, I second the idea of a couple of mess-around stages, just practicing and doing dumb tricks like ride on a Warhawk in a race against someone else. I'm thinking a WH Olympics, challenge each other to dumb events. That might be cool.[/quote]

Mess around games would definitely be fun. I usually mess around a lot during CAG nights, so it wouldn't be much different for me. :lol:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Or a bunch of us equipped with wrenches can get on top of a Warhawk and see how long we can survive outside of the map (you know, the 'danger zone' area that depletes your health? Ergo, that's why we have wrenches! :razz: ) :lol:[/quote]

Don't forget, we'd need a few people with bio-fields too.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Or a bunch of us equipped with wrenches can get on top of a Warhawk and see how long we can survive outside of the map (you know, the 'danger zone' area that depletes your health? Ergo, that's why we have wrenches! :razz: ) :lol:[/quote]

[quote name='mguiddy']Don't forget, we'd need a few people with bio-fields too.[/quote]

This is the best idea ever. Let's make it happen.

[quote name='mguiddy']
Ahh I just remembered, just in case some of you didn't hear me in game... never fire the lightning gun when you have 4 land mines attached to your plane... Bad things happen.
[/quote]

Haha, yea I heard you talking about that. It sounds like the ultimate suicide bomber. I actually just realized that you can hold down and charge the lightning gun like 2 weeks ago, and I've had the game since release :oops: Could never figure out how people were shooting lightning balls.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']

Olympics you say? I like this idea. . . .

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Olympics you say? I like this idea. . . .[/quote]

All we need are an Olympic torch and protesters getting beat and we're a go!
fighting0029.gif

Just to let everyone know, this weekend should be the last Friday night I cannot host Warhawk night. We'll settle this later on who the host will be this weekend.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']All we need are an Olympic torch and protesters getting beat and we're a go!
fighting0029.gif
[/quote]

The Flamethrower can be our pseudo Olympic torch... ;)

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Haha, yea I heard you talking about that. It sounds like the ultimate suicide bomber. I actually just realized that you can hold down and charge the lightning gun like 2 weeks ago, and I've had the game since release :oops: Could never figure out how people were shooting lightning balls.
[/quote]
Yeah... I wanted to see if I could blow up a warhawk with landmines in mid air. It would have worked, but no one else was in the air so I thought I'd attack the enemy while I waited. :lol:

Hey all. I had a pretty good time Friday night for the hour or so I got to play. I still really suck at Warkawk though. I especially suck at flying. The dogfights were a massacre. I think ended with kill/death of 4/12 and 5/10. It was still pretty fun. I'd like to get in some more CTF or zones games though because I do much better as a defender.

I have CoD4 for PS3 sitting in my Amazon shopping cart for $35 because I'd like to play that with some of you. I already have it for 360 though so I don't think I can pull the trigger. It might be for the best that I don't get it since I get really competitive at that. Maybe I'll just wait for SOCOM to hit PSN.

[quote name='Wombat']depending on my holiday schedule I would like play this weekend[/quote]

Nice. I actually just listened to the part of last week's CAGcast today with all the Warhawk discussion. I was like, hey, I know some guys who play and use mics. For the most part, anyway.

bread's done
Back