CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

Damn, if its going to be in the summer, then I'll be back in SE MI. Otherwise, I'd be close to the same area as buddah and SB. Don't know which part of the Hand Smog is from tho.

[quote name='smiggity']Lol, yeah dont know how you would swing that one. Maybe convince her it is a "business" meeting..We got serious Warhawk business!! On a serious note, I have absolutely never heard of Ellsie. Did not even know that "villages" still exist. Whereabouts in Michigan?[/quote]
It is north of M21 8 miles between St johns and owosso.

Metro Detroit area, Troy to be specific. I feel pretty dumb considering I am the only dude from MI who doesnt know where Ellsie is! Well, I do now. Considering all of our locations, maybe Ann Arbor could be the meet-up spot..

[quote name='smiggity']Metro Detroit area, Troy to be specific. I feel pretty dumb considering I am the only dude from MI who doesnt know where Ellsie is! Well, I do now. Considering all of our locations, maybe Ann Arbor could be the meet-up spot..[/quote]

I didn't until SB mentioned it. I wonder if Pinball Pete's is still around in AA, sounds like the perfect place for a CAG meeting to me, although not sure the mid-MI would want to drive an hour south.

Edit: I was thinking MI only, but it would make sense if others from IN or IL showed up.

[quote name='fuss']When I got it I did not have to add funds to my wallet. I just ht the checkout button and it charged my card the exact amount. :applause:[/quote]

That's what I meant, I loved that I didn't have to have any money left sitting in my PSN wallet until I found something else to buy. That is how it should be handled on the 360 and the Wii.

[quote name='fuss']Ah there is more from Michigan? Maybe one of them would be closer lol. But I dunno how well it will go over with the wife.... "honey I am going to go over to SmogItUp's house and play Warhawk for a few hours. OK?" hahaha I can see that would go over well. I will be in the village of Elsie if anybody knows where that is (kinda doubt it).

When I got it I did not have to add funds to my wallet. I just ht the checkout button and it charged my card the exact amount. :applause:[/quote]

This may sound kind of dumb, BUT... here I go anyway. My cousins, cousin has a cousin that lives in southern california.(yeah, for those who don't know elsie. it is that kind of village. everyone knows everyone) If you are visiting some relatives and you have twin cousins with the initals JB, who have an older brother whos initials are also JB. Then I know who you are, and this is really fucking weird. I grew up hanging out with those guys, since we were half ass related. Maybe the world isn't so dang big. If you have no idea what I am talking about then, ummmmmm nevermind!;)

[quote name='TheManta']No one complained so I guess my open mic settings weren't to annoying. I think I managed to get by without shouting too many expletives. :)[/quote]

One thing I noticed (I think this was with you) is that I could hear what other people were saying through your speakers. Like I'd hear it in my headset, and then a second or two later, your name would pop up like you were talking and I'd hear it again. I actually heard myself talking, too. You might want to turn your mic sensitivity or VOIP volume down.

[quote name='mguiddy']I had the randomize on, but there still isn't a "Team Balance" setting[/quote]

Team balance is back in 1.31. I had it enabled during the 1 1/2 games before my server exploded. :whistle2:(

[quote name='fuss']After the game last nght I hopped into a BM game and I kept hearing "great kill SoCal" and "watch out SoCal"... stuff like that and I was like WTF are they talking about since one of what they were saying I was doing lol. I then noticed there was a "SoCalChick" on the team, and that the other team was all one clan.... so that meat it was tme for me to leave.[/quote]

Hahaha. Sounds like you found your Warhawk nemesis.

...And all you MI guys should have your meetup in California! :D

[quote name='metaly']Team balance is back in 1.31. I had it enabled during the 1 1/2 games before my server exploded. :whistle2:(
[/quote]
I know, that's why I was so excited for 1.31 It's possible I just didn't notice that I checked it while I hurriedly set up the server. Like I said, everyone box was checked except for "All Talk" and "Fly with Flag".

I took the time to read while I was just setting up the maps for later tonight, and I did see "Team Balance". Strange that it didn't appear to work last night though, unless, somehow, I missed checking it, could have sworn it was though.

lol, sorry buddah.. do not know them. I am shocked some of you know where Elsie is lol, but if you live 8 minutes from it I guess you better know! I have family there, they live just outside of twon on a long dirt road. I have been there countless times. Mostly when I am there I am bored. The fam usually goes to frankenmuth for the only thing there, chicken and shopping in that Cristmas store. Two weeks..... yay :drool:

yay for Elsie picture:
mich02.jpg

Anyway... I LOVE the Grindhouse map on the BM map, its a great small map for deathmatch and CTF. When we set up a expansion pack game that HAS to be on it at least once!

Hahaha... "You sound like you're about 10 years old! Does your mom know you're playing this game? It's got blood in it!" Glad someone else said it for me.

Good games just now. I hate the endless stalemates, though. freeky, let's try to coordinate our flag runs next time. :)

I will actually be able to join you guys for once if I remember. I haven't played in a while though. Hope I'm not too awful. :)

EDIT: I don't need the DLC stuff, do I?

[quote name='KingBroly']I will actually be able to join you guys for once if I remember. I haven't played in a while though. Hope I'm not too awful. :)

EDIT: I don't need the DLC stuff, do I?[/quote]

I am pretty sure that you do not need to have the DLC to participate in the CAG Warhawk nights. They just keep it to the original maps, but it would be a lot cooler if you did! lol

[quote name='buddah8640']I am pretty sure that you do not need to have the DLC to participate in the CAG Warhawk nights. They just keep it to the original maps, but it would be a lot cooler if you did! lol[/quote]

Well, I haven't exactly put a lot of time into Warhawk. Maybe 3 hours. I spent $40 on the disc version (w/headset) a while ago, so I don't think I've gotten my value's worth of it yet, but once I get there, I will. I've been wanting to play with you guys for a while, but I haven't found the time or I just forgot.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, I haven't exactly put a lot of time into Warhawk. Maybe 3 hours. I spent $40 on the disc version (w/headset) a while ago, so I don't think I've gotten my value's worth of it yet, but once I get there, I will. I've been wanting to play with you guys for a while, but I haven't found the time or I just forgot.[/quote]

I know what you mean man. The fucking games are so expensive, and they BAM here is an add on or some DLC. You should check out the Gamesharing threads here at CAG. You get loads of crap for 20% of the cost. I am in a gamesharing group and a DLC for Rock Band group. It has saved loads of loot so far, I am very happy with the results!

[quote name='metaly']Hahaha... "You sound like you're about 10 years old! Does your mom know you're playing this game? It's got blood in it!" Glad someone else said it for me.

Good games just now. I hate the endless stalemates, though. freaky, let's try to coordinate our flag runs next time. :)[/quote]

LOL at the kid, I was wondering how old he was as well, and though his voice was grinding into my brain at times, at least he was talking with the team. :lol:

A good strategy is always ruined by a homing missile, I swear! :bomb:
Next time, we'll make a plan that works and capture that damn flag... Good to play with you in the kiddie causal server. ;):razz:

I'm not really looking into gamesharing atm. Maybe in the future when I'm a bit wiser and more adventurous, but not now.

To anyone that played during the booster pack mess around night Thursday or anyone really.
I was messing around just now and found out that you can get weapons through the small hole at the top and bottom of the APC shield. It's just very hard to do. I managed to shoot a rocket through (it didn't do the normal "absorb damage" effect, it went BOOM) the bottom (I was under a bridge). I don't know if that would be useful, but it's an interesting tidbit of info.
Another thing, metaly, remember when I found the *cough*binoculars*cough* on that one level? Well I must have glitched down there from lag because I just tried 15+ time and could not make it down there without dying.

Nice going, DD. There should be a special pin for getting a weapon through that shield. Or maybe it would be a good event for the Warhawk Olympics!

Also it sounds like you really wanted those binoculars badly. :whistle2:\"

good games. Some things...really weird. Like a knife guy appearing 1 inch in front of me. I learned they don't shop up on radar...but come on. That's a problem. I wish it was worth some points though. It didn't even count towards my play time (nearly doubled).

I at least got some kills with Warhawks (I suck with them) ^_^

I have to give props to smiggity mguiddy (sorry about that, I get you two mixed up all the time :oops: ) to pinning me and my Jeep on the side of the bridge during that CTF match. I felt like a fly in a Venus Fly Trap; I was completely trapped. :lol:

Great game as always, and hopefully I can partake into some 'Warhawk Olympics' sometime... Oh, and I love teh proximity mines ;)

As for the gargling sounds when I'm in vehicles, I probably need to buy a new headset. I think it's broken or something, and I can barely hear you guys as it is... Sensitivity is at an all-time low of 10%. :whistle2:k

I think the game was bugging out during that zones map on Archipelago where we got dominated. Half our warhawks kept spawning on the very top of the island where we couldn't even reach them. :bomb: And there seemed another bug where as soon as I got into a warhawk I would get shot down by StrandedBrit. I'm contacting the developers!!

Good games, though. Sorry I had to leave a bit early.

[quote name='metaly']Nice going, DD. There should be a special pin for getting a weapon through that shield. Or maybe it would be a good event for the Warhawk Olympics!

Also it sounds like you really wanted those binoculars badly. :whistle2:\"[/quote]

Yep, I lurv teh binoculars.

[quote name='KingBroly']good games. Some things...really weird. Like a knife guy appearing 1 inch in front of me. I learned they don't shop up on radar...but come on. That's a problem. I wish it was worth some points though. It didn't even count towards my play time (nearly doubled).

I at least got some kills with Warhawks (I suck with them) ^_^[/quote]

Well the "appearing 1 inch in front of me" was probably because someone spawned. People with a knife not appearing on the radar isn't a problem, it's a feature. You will learn to listen for the "swish" sounds.

[quote name='metaly']I think the game was bugging out during that zones map on Archipelago where we got dominated. Half our warhawks kept spawning on the very top of the island where we couldn't even reach them. :bomb: And there seemed another bug where as soon as I got into a warhawk I would get shot down by StrandedBrit. I'm contacting the developers!!

Good games, though. Sorry I had to leave a bit early.[/quote]

Yeah, that was seriously messed up. The "spawning on the very top of the island" is supposed to be that way I think, they spawn up there all the time I think, I'm pretty sure there's some weapons up there as well, maybe a turret(?).

And Cthulhu8u... I finally got your name after someone said it out loud. :oops::lol:

Tonight was the best Saturday ever. There was as many people tonight as there was last night. I might have to start using some bigger maps.

[quote name='mguiddy']
And Cthulhu8u... I finally got your name after someone said it out loud. :oops::lol:[/QUOTE]OMG, you gotta tell me also, so I know even more people's real name. ;)

Anyway, glad to hear it went well. Next Friday, I will be there hosting.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I have to give props to smiggity to pinning me and my Jeep on the side of the bridge during that CTF match. I felt like a fly in a Venus Fly Trap; I was completely trapped. :lol:

Great game as always, and hopefully I can partake into some 'Warhawk Olympics' sometime... Oh, and I love teh proximity mines ;)

As for the gargling sounds when I'm in vehicles, I probably need to buy a new headset. I think it's broken or something, and I can barely hear you guys as it is... Sensitivity is at an all-time low of 10%. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I feel like I am finally reaching yours and Metaly's level on non-deathmatch gameplay. Im usually near the top in TDM or DM. but I have been getting much better at CTF and Zones.. Anyways, when are we gonna mess around with the booster packs(again)?

Happy 4:20 to all;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I have to give props to smiggity to pinning me and my Jeep on the side of the bridge during that CTF match. I felt like a fly in a Venus Fly Trap; I was completely trapped. :lol:

As for the gargling sounds when I'm in vehicles, I probably need to buy a new headset. I think it's broken or something, and I can barely hear you guys as it is... Sensitivity is at an all-time low of 10%. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I don't know what your local target will have, but at mine (Atlanta) I finally picked up a BT headset for $26, the plantronics 220. I saw the same set yesterday at CC for 39.99 so it seems like a decent deal. Just spreading the cheapness!

[quote name='metrognome']I don't know what your local target will have, but at mine (Atlanta) I finally picked up a BT headset for $26, the plantronics 220. I saw the same set yesterday at CC for 39.99 so it seems like a decent deal. Just spreading the cheapness![/QUOTE]Plantronics BT headsets work pretty good. I have the 320 and really like it.

I'm about to head on Warhawk shortly to invite to the clan:
-DJHads
-TheBarbedManta

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Plantronics BT headsets work pretty good. I have the 320 and really like it.

I'm about to head on Warhawk shortly to invite to the clan:
-DJHads
-TheBarbedManta[/quote]

Would you mind inviting me as well?

All right, I just invited the three who told me to. Their name is on the invite pending. Just go to the Warhawk community section, then clan, then invites to accept it.
[quote name='darthbudge']So do you guys usually play on Fridays and Saturdays?[/QUOTE]

Don't remember if I told you before, but I will try making a game on a night you can play. I apologize for a delay because I'm kind of waiting until I get home (which should be in 2 weeks) so I can host it on a Tuesday or something.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']OMG, you gotta tell me also, so I know even more people's real name. ;)

Anyway, glad to hear it went well. Next Friday, I will be there hosting.[/quote]

:lol: I didn't mean his real name, I meant his user name Cthulhu ate you.:lol:

[quote name='darthbudge']So do you guys usually play on Fridays and Saturdays?[/quote]
Yep, I pretty much always do a Saturday game 'cause most of the time I can't make it on Friday.

[quote name='smiggity']Anyways, when are we gonna mess around with the booster packs(again)?[/quote]

I was just thinking of starting up a regular boosters-only Tuesday game. It might have to be mostly DM until more people get the boosters, or instead of a private match we could all just plan to get into a public server at a scheduled time. This might be a weird week to start it up because of the MGO beta, but I'd definitely like to have more time with the boosters. And more Warhawk earlier in the week would be cool.

Did we ever get a count of everyone who has both packs? I'm going to add a note to my list in the gaming group thread. Mana, maybe once we get a count, you can add it to the first page of this thread for reference.

[quote name='metaly']I was just thinking of starting up a regular boosters-only Tuesday game. It might have to be mostly DM until more people get the boosters, or instead of a private match we could all just plan to get into a public server at a scheduled time. This might be a weird week to start it up because of the MGO beta, but I'd definitely like to have more time with the boosters. And more Warhawk earlier in the week would be cool.

Did we ever get a count of everyone who has both packs? I'm going to add a note to my list in the gaming group thread. Mana, maybe once we get a count, you can add it to the first page of this thread for reference.[/quote]
I have everyone that responded to my request here. I meant to tell people during the games Friday and Saturday to make sure they post if they have the boosters, but forgot. :oops:

I picked up the booster combo pack Friday so I have both now. I was going to play some last night, but I ended up watching the Hopkins vs. Calzaghe fight instead.

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol: I didn't mean his real name, I meant his user name Cthulhu ate you.:lol:[/quote]

LOL. Well, I did update my PSN info and mentioned that you can just call me kuh-too-loo if it's easier.
I've used that name for a while, but I'm thinking that maybe it isn't easy to remember or say. Wonder how hard it would be to totally switch PSN id's to something easier :whistle2:k

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']LOL. Well, I did update my PSN info and mentioned that you can just call me kuh-too-loo if it's easier.
I've used that name for a while, but I'm thinking that maybe it isn't easy to remember or say. Wonder how hard it would be to totally switch PSN id's to something easier :whistle2:k[/quote]
It's not hard to say, unless you don't know anything about Lovecraft, I just never got the pun. :dunce:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']LOL. Well, I did update my PSN info and mentioned that you can just call me kuh-too-loo if it's easier.
I've used that name for a while, but I'm thinking that maybe it isn't easy to remember or say. Wonder how hard it would be to totally switch PSN id's to something easier :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]You can easily copy stuff over to another account, except protected data saves.

I'll reveal my real name one day. Although no one better say it out (or try guessing in this thread, although a few know it), it DOES begin with the letter "T".

Anyway, I think having Warhawk on Tuesday occassionally with the map packs or something isn't too bad. Once I buy them, I'll be willing to host also.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You can easily copy stuff over to another account, except protected data saves.

I'll reveal my real name one day. Although no one better say it out (or try guessing in this thread, although a few know it), it DOES begin with the letter "T".

Anyway, I think having Warhawk on Tuesday occassionally with the map packs or something isn't too bad. Once I buy them, I'll be willing to host also.[/quote]

Haha, I won't spoil it since you showed me that easy way to find people on Facebook. I wouldn't want to ruin the anonymity of the internet for anyone. But now, I think I'll go friend you since that spoiler is out. Although you're still TMK.

Can't wait until school is over in two weeks, then maybe I'll get into some Sony servers and start ranking up again to unlock some new stuff.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Haha, I won't spoil it since you showed me that easy way to find people on Facebook. I wouldn't want to ruin the anonymity of the internet for anyone. But now, I think I'll go friend you since that spoiler is out. Although you're still TMK.

Can't wait until school is over in two weeks, then maybe I'll get into some Sony servers and start ranking up again to unlock some new stuff.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know I did. ;) Thanks for the friend requests and I accepted it. If any of my PSN friends want me as a friend on Facebook, just let me know and I'll link them to my profile.

Yeah, when college is over, I plan to play ranked games more often and rank up. Before the stats were reset, I would play a lot. I haven't bothered due to being busy, but I'll get back to it.

[quote name='mguiddy']It's not hard to say, unless you don't know anything about Lovecraft, I just never got the pun. :dunce:[/quote]

I'm glad someone did. Hard to find people who even know HPL, never mind get that pun. Honestly, didn't even hear my name, wasn't listening or couldn't hear (some garbled noise at some point might have cut it out).

The post-match server was fun, having a lot of complete strangers on made it interesting!

[quote name='metaly']Did we ever get a count of everyone who has both packs? I'm going to add a note to my list in the gaming group thread. Mana, maybe once we get a count, you can add it to the first page of this thread for reference.[/quote]

I have both packs. I was just playing some of the new ones last night before the CAG games started. Pretty cool from what I played....

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm glad someone did. Hard to find people who even know HPL, never mind get that pun. Honestly, didn't even hear my name, wasn't listening or couldn't hear (some garbled noise at some point might have cut it out).

The post-match server was fun, having a lot of complete strangers on made it interesting![/quote]
Quit talking about freaky behind his back. ;):lol:

I only wish people would show up during my ranked servers. :cry: Maybe they don't like doing DM ranked as it can really mess with your KDR.:roll:
I was always rooting for a CAG would be match MVP, it was close that last game. And I know what you mean about it being interesting, I'm getting used to how the clan members play and having new people can throw me off. I was really surprised at how many people were having knife fights. And I am eternally grateful no clan member messes with their mic pitch like luke_the_nuke did... I couldn't make out what he said to me when I told him to lay off the helium. :lol:

And to iggywiggum/Super_King either you didn't say anything(or I didn't hear you) or your mic still isn't working.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll reveal my real name one day. Although no one better say it out (or try guessing in this thread, although a few know it), it DOES begin with the letter "T".[/quote]

Way ahead of you, dude. It's T
heodore McMananite. :D

Although I do know what it actually is. :whistle2:$

Well, today my brother gave me another of those Jabra headsets from the Warhawk bundle (gave it to me since he said no one ever talks on Warhawk, go figure).

Next time we play, if it still garbles let me know so I can tinker with it and I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I can finally communicate with you guys without the garbling. :lol:

bread's done
Back