CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='mcj2a']Thanks for hosting such a big noob (me). It was fun.[/QUOTE]Thanks for coming. :D

[quote name='metaly']Mic issue got too irritating for me so I decided to skip the last DMs. Good games the rest of the night, though.

freaky, you can be my tank co-pilot any time! :D[/QUOTE]I'm going to see just how many more are having the problems, outside the link I showed.

Sorry I wasn't into it much. I just had a weird feeling tonight (and tired). Next week things should be back to normal.

[quote name='metaly']

freaky, you can be my tank co-pilot any time! :D[/quote]

Huzzah! :D
If I see you in a tank again, I'll make sure we're unstoppable! :twisted:

bananaWrench.gif
tank6rd.gif
zombieenfeu5ib.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget if my headset was out when I tried to say this in the game last night, but we had a similar cutting out issue happen during GTA4 last week so it's probably not just Warhawk. I hope 2.42 is soon.

Wow I didn't think it was possible but I may have gotten worse at warhawk, although that's probably because I haven't played it since cag night two weeks ago.

Awesome Warhawk Saturday Freaky.

On that TDM Dogfight, just as it was ending, I flew straight up and near the top boosted for all I had and without stalling out: HOLY COW I TOUCHED THE CEILING!! I was wondering where it was.

Fun, fun games we had tonight y'all. :)
I apologize for the length of some of these rounds. I'll try to make them shorter when I host next time (if I ever need to host again...;) )

[quote name='robobagins']Awesome Warhawk Saturday Freaky.

On that TDM Dogfight, just as it was ending, I flew straight up and near the top boosted for all I had and without stalling out: HOLY COW I TOUCHED THE CEILING!! I was wondering where it was.[/quote]

Thanks man, it was fun hosting you guys. ;)

Haha, really? I didn't know there was a 'ceiling' up there, hehe. I oughta try that myself one day. :cool:

[quote name='robobagins']Awesome Warhawk Saturday Freaky.

On that TDM Dogfight, just as it was ending, I flew straight up and near the top boosted for all I had and without stalling out: HOLY COW I TOUCHED THE CEILING!! I was wondering where it was.[/quote]

:whistle2:s:whistle2:k
You just now figured that out?
:newbie:
:cool:;)

I knew it was there. I was just wondering how much space between it and the stall point. Even with a full boost climb starting as you hit the stall point I've never actually touched the top of the sky before, I actually bumped off of it LOL. Usually I stall and spin back, the view as up fall back down until your engines restart is worth it though.

[quote name='robobagins']I knew it was there. I was just wondering how much space between it and the stall point. Even with a full boost climb starting as you hit the stall point I've never actually touched the top of the sky before, I actually bumped off of it LOL. Usually I stall and spin back, the view as up fall back down until your engines restart is worth it though.[/quote]
You can only hit the ceiling on some maps. Others have the stall point too low, or the ceiling too high.

[quote name='robobagins']I wonder if I can reach the edges without blowing up... I've done some stall diving into the warning zone to get a bit farther... Hmmm[/quote]

We should all try to survive outside the warning zone by placing bio-fields on the warhawk so that we can constantly heal the warhawk's health with our wrenches, and at the same time, heal ourselves from dying with those same biofields. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']We should all try to survive outside the warning zone by placing bio-fields on the warhawk so that we can constantly heal the warhawk's health with our wrenches, and at the same time, heal ourselves from dying with those same biofields. ;)[/quote]

lol would that work?

[quote name='Sinistar']lol would that work?[/quote]
Yes, it works...
I've seen videos of that on Youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvm7JgiWTSM

My favorite moment was when I had the flag in a tank on Archipelago and went to jump a cliff, only to have someone in a Warhawk (SuperKing maybe?) bump me oh-so-slightly into the water while I was in mid flight.

It was a real :censored: moment for me.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']My favorite moment was when I had the flag in a tank on Archipelago and went to jump a cliff, only to have someone in a Warhawk (SuperKing maybe?) bump me oh-so-slightly into the water while I was in mid flight.

It was a real :censored: moment for me.[/QUOTE]

I was in a warhawk and got a great view of that, but I don't think I bumped you. If I did somehow, it wasn't intentional. I thought you had just angled the jump wrong. I think that cliff is probably the spot where I've suicided the most.

[quote name='iggywiggum']I was in a warhawk and got a great view of that, but I don't think I bumped you. If I did somehow, it wasn't intentional. I thought you had just angled the jump wrong. I think that cliff is probably the spot where I've suicided the most.[/quote]

If I'm thinking of the same spot, I'm pretty sure I drove two or three APCs off there and into the water in Friday's game. They probably landed on an undersea mountain of tanks and bodies from my previous games. :) I'm a slow learner. :dunce:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']My favorite moment was when I had the flag in a tank on Archipelago and went to jump a cliff, only to have someone in a Warhawk (SuperKing maybe?) bump me oh-so-slightly into the water while I was in mid flight.

It was a real :censored: moment for me.[/quote]

I was the one who said 'Noooooooo', because I saw you fall with the flag. :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']Yes, it works...
I've seen videos of that on Youtube...
[/quote]

Wow... that's awesome! :whistle2:o
We must try this ourselves one of these days O:)

It was a real :censored: moment for me.[/quote]

Lol that would be me :D. That was more panic/luck than anything else, I was tracking you down with the map then all of a sudden I see a tank crash into me.
We had some good games that day, too bad I had to fight you guys and my crappy internet the whole time tho.

After reading about the next patch, I'm pretty excited about the new modes, especially Hero. Anyone interested in a Wednesday night game to test them out?

[quote name='iggywiggum']After reading about the next patch, I'm pretty excited about the new modes, especially Hero. Anyone interested in a Wednesday night game to test them out?[/quote]

Count me in for a game tomorrow night. I'm heading out of town on Thursday morning so I won't be able to make our Friday game, but I definitely want to try out some of these new modes with CAG.

I work Wednesday and Friday night :(... Depending on how late things go I may sneak in a game after tomorrow, but probably won't be around till 11:30ish (EST) and I'll be tired. I think I work Friday night this week too...

Hmm...
I might pop in for a Wednesday game, if people are still playing when I get home from work. Should be an early night, but who knows.

I work Wed night till about 10pm west coast time, I kinda doubt the game will still be going on. But I will pop on for some new game play.

I work Wednesday too, so I won't be on until 9pm Central. If turnout isn't going to be huge, and none of our regular hosts show, I can take a stab at hosting. I can only do up to 8 though, so if someone with a better connection wants to volunteer (metaly, freaky, mana) please do so.

I don't mind hosting on Wednesday... :whistle2:\"
I can make it a 3 hour game night, for those who want to drop by later in the night. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I don't mind hosting on Wednesday... :whistle2:\"
I can make it a 3 hour game night, for those who want to drop by later in the night. ;)[/quote]
If it goes until 1am eastern, I'd pretty much definitely be there.

[quote name='mguiddy']If it goes until 1am eastern, I'd pretty much definitely be there.[/quote]

The main focus will be on the new game modes, but I'll throw in some dogfights, deathmatches, etc. in between to keep it from going bland. :)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']The main focus will be on the new game modes, but I'll throw in some dogfights, deathmatches, etc. in between to keep it from going bland. :)[/quote]

Well, yeah.:roll::lol:
That's why I'm hoping I get off work early, so I can try out the new modes with everyone else.

Mana, do you mind updating the OP to reflect Wednesday nights game that I'm hosting at 10pm EST/7pm PST? Thanks! :)

Server info:

Server Name: freakytown O_O
Password: shaqfu

[quote name='mguiddy']Well, yeah.:roll::lol:
[/quote]

Of course! :lol::wave:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Mana, do you mind updating the OP to reflect Wednesday nights game that I'm hosting at 10pm EST/7pm PST? Thanks! :)

Server info:

Server Name: freakytown O_O
Password: shaqfu[/quote]

Wait... the server name is freakytown O_O !?

:shock:_:shock:

[quote name='metaly']Wait... the server name is freakytown O_O !?

:shock:_:shock:[/quote]
NO!:roll:
Just
freakytown O_O
Don't add the !? or you won't be able to find it...

Incidentally, I hope that Insomniac's 1.4 download servers are way far away from Sony's, with the video store launching tonight. I'm expecting to turn on my PS3 and see the PS Store icon on fire.

[quote name='metaly']Incidentally, I hope that Insomniac's 1.4 download servers are way far away from Sony's, with the video store launching tonight. I'm expecting to turn on my PS3 and see the PS Store icon on fire.[/QUOTE]You mean Incognito, don't you? ;)

Yeah, it's going to be crazy tonight.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You mean Incognito, don't you? ;)

Yeah, it's going to be crazy tonight.[/quote]

Them too.

I always get my In*o*ni** 2nd parties mixed up. :bomb:

[quote name='metaly']I'm still pushing for zones-only.[/quote]

Lets do it, we can have unbalanced teams and base rape the weaker team \\:D/.

But I guess I'm down for some new modes tomorrow if that doesn't work out:).

[quote name='metaly']I'm still pushing for zones-only.[/quote]

[quote name='wtfisthisfob']Lets do it, we can have unbalanced teams and base rape the weaker team \\:D/.

But I guess I'm down for some new modes tomorrow if that doesn't work out:).[/quote]

:censored:
fuck you... fuck you all to hell.
:wall:
1212308901193af1.jpg

Wow, new modes. Now I need Warhawk trophies and the GGL blade for my head to explode.
Looking forward to playing the new modes tomorrow.\\:D/\\:D/

bread's done
Back