CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Ey-up Cheapy

After you mentioned theSimExchange.com during last week's show, I registered, and have been noodling aound on it. I agree that it's waaaaay more fun that it ought to be.

However, with you boasting about your antics on the site, I'm suprised to see that after approximately 2 days of trading, I've overtaken you in the CAG rankings.

Consider my virtual gauntlet slapped across your face, and hurled to your digital feet.

Hey Cheapy, not sure if you have played the game or watched the movie but if you have, could you please share your verdicts on Transformers (2007). I love the movie but I haven't played the game yet so if possible could you review both, and who is your favourite Transformer (mine is Bumblebee). Also I would like to know, since you live in Japan, and your wife is japanese, do you and Shima (correct spelling?) do any traditional japanese things? Thanks Cheapy, hope to get the answer.

Congratulations on the success of the child's play fund.:applause:

http://youtube.com/LittleWildman

Cheapy D,

I've been obsessed with the Japanese tradition of the Fukubukuro for a few years now - particularly as it relates to the ones at Super Potato. The thought of getting 25 random Dreamcast games for $8 makes me obscenely jealous.

Surely these 'lucky bags' make your cheapy sense tingle.

Do you ever buy any? You could probably make a cool unboxing video by picking up a 360 fukubukuro - I'm sure it'd be jammed packed considering the consoles popularity in Japan.

And just as a related suggestion: DS, Dreamcast and Saturn bags would make awesome CAGcast give-a-ways.

Shorter question: What do you anticipate will be the first game related product you purchase for [SIZE=-1]太?[/SIZE]

Hey Cheapy, I was on the can yesterday and dropped a big 'ol bomb and although I am sure that that is enough to get this post read on the Cagcast I also made it through the first level of Contra 4 without dying. The moral of the story? You should try playing Contra on the crapper to increase your skillz.

I'm going to be visiting Japan for the first time in May... what gaming related places in Tokyo are worth checking out (I think my bro-in-law's in Shinegawa if that helps)?

What kind of downloadable content would you like to see offered for Mass Effect?

Also, who would you like to interview in the new year again or for the first time?

[quote name='Vegan']Cheapy,

I think it's time to answer the question that's been on everyone's mind: Have you tried the breastmilk?[/quote]

It's far from been on my mind lol.

Hey Cheapy,

It turns out that your favourite IGN Nintendo editor, Matt Casamassina, is married to Golin Harris Vice President Edie Kissko. Golin Harris is a public relations firm that has a Nintento account. And reportedly, Kissko works on that file. This was never disclosed in any of his articles.

Does this apparent conflict of interest taint the articles Casamassina publishes over at IGN? And should this information be disclosed in his writings?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/19/igns-casamassina-responds-to-conflict-of-interest-claims/

[quote name='Vegan']Cheapy,

I think it's time to answer the question that's been on everyone's mind: Have you tried the breastmilk?[/quote]

Classic! :lol:

Sorry Cheapy, but I feel the need to admonish you about something you said in Ep 100.

You chastised sites like Penny Arcade (those Neo Nazis!) and Kotaku about spreading rumours regarding the Jeff Gerstman story. While I agree that sites have a duty to be responsible regarding their stories, when the people in said story (Cnet, Gamespot and Jeff) can't or won't talk about the situation, it doesn't mean there's no truth behind the situation. I don't think it makes Kotaku or Penny Arcade look bad simply because they can't a comment on their story.

Hello CheapyD and Wombat, Ive been a fan of your podcast for a few months now and I have to say you two are the greatest and I love to buy you two a beer.

Since I've been listening to the CAGcast, i heard cheapyd has trouble getting laid now. So I wonder, for christmas, did Mrs. CheapyD surprise you with a blowjob? :bouncy:

I think you deserve one.

Cheapy and Wombat,

What is up with the ESRB ratings sometimes? And no, I do not care about the Manhunt 2 crap.

How is Uncharted rated T, while Halo 3 is rated M? Nate curses (at least shit and hell), and you are shooting and killing human beings, and yes, there is blood. MC never curses, and you are shooting aliens. I don't get it sometimes...

Any thoughts?

This one goes out to Cheapy.

I'm currently visiting in Taiwan, and after pulling many hours over the holidays I still haven't finished all of my work. Therefore, I am attempting to finish up from overseas, but the lag from offshore servers is killing my efficiency. I'm assuming that opening cag in Japan takes significantly longer than in the states. How does this affect your productivity?

Cheapy and Wombat,

What was the worst case of bad customer support you've ever received from a company, video-game related. I ask this because I had purchased Rock Band on the launch day and in the Special Edition bundle, I had received not only a busted guitar, but also half-responsive drums. I called immediately for the drums, and not to my surprise, the box they sent me for replacement was defective as well. It finally took over a month just to receive the box to ship the drums in. I am still waiting, from November 20, 2007 for the guitar box. It generally is supposed to take only one week for the replacement box to arrive, not for me however. And supposedly, I am not elligible for their free game redemption offer because the free game is not given out to drum replacements, even though my guitar is overdue almost 2 months, this is what they told me. However, I doubt anyone has waited as long as this for the Rock band peripheral replacement.

Thanks for your insight.

When do you think "next-generation games" will simply become the "norm". I for one am getting tired of hearing "next-generation" buzzwords, considering that the 360 has been out for 2 years, and the PS3/Wii for 1 year. Additionally, the last videogame generation (gamecube, xbox, ps2) lasted about 5 years. That means we're nearly halfway through this generation, yet we still keep calling it "next-gen"! Shouldn't all this "next-gen" nonsense be considered current-gen by now?

[quote name='NiVRaM']When do you think "next-generation games" will simply become the "norm". I for one am getting tired of hearing "next-generation" buzzwords, considering that the 360 has been out for 2 years, and the PS3/Wii for 1 year. Additionally, the last videogame generation (gamecube, xbox, ps2) lasted about 5 years. That means we're nearly halfway through this generation, yet we still keep calling it "next-gen"! Shouldn't all this "next-gen" nonsense be considered current-gen by now?[/quote]

Very true. I also wonder when graphics are going to become so realistic that they can't get any better.

He cheappy

I was just listning to cagcast 92 and someone was suggesting to change your name into CAG.com because company's ignore you because of the ass. But what about changing the name to Cheapssgamer without the a, when you say ss it sounds like ass.

Greetz,

Koshirou

Hey Cheapy. Just something that has been on my mind and I know it has nothing to do with gaming but i'm going to ask anyway, what is your natural hair colour?

[quote name='LittleWildman']Hey Cheapy. Just something that has been on my mind and I know it has nothing to do with gaming but i'm going to ask anyway, what is your natural hair colour?[/quote]

lol, i just heard this on his podcast(number 96), his natural hair colour is dark brown and he would post a foto somewhere on the forum.

Hey cheapy, i was just wondering.... Why does microsoft suck so much ass. Hopefully you can answer this. thanks love the show.

Dear Cheapy and Wombat,

Although it's almost unanimously accepted that Bioshock is a spectacular game that has raised the standard for video games - in particular with regards to storyline, voice-acting, music, and overall presentation - there is a not-so-small contingent of gamers that were underwhelmed with the game's ending(s). I, for one, thought the game was brilliant and was actually moved by the "good" ending. What about it was so offensive to some of the gaming community? Was it the ending's sentimentality or the lack of a throw-down, challenging boss fight? Or perhaps something else? If it's the challenge (or lack thereof) of the boss fight, there are a myriad of games that have come out this year from Portal to Assassin's Creed whose final boss battle was anything but a battle and proved far from epic, yet those games escaped that criticism. As far as the sentimentality of the "good" ending, I, for one, was actually moved and found it wonderfully fitting.

2007 was probably the most important year ever for gamers in that it's the first year where being a gamer became as close to mainstream as it ever has been. It has given us ample ammunition to combat the stereotypes gamers have had to face for YEARS from anti or non-gamers. One of these stereotypes, however, is that gamers lack the capacity for deeper thought and/or emotional connections to things and that they'd rather involve themselves with mindless explosions and mowing down of endless, faceless enemies (i.e. Call of Duty 4). Is the "Bioshock Backlash" an example of this? Are "they" right about us? Say it ain't so, Cheapy!

Love the show,

Gideon

How do you guys feel about the non-gaming related features that are being added to game consoles these days (GPS and Skype for PSP, IPTV functionality for 360, etc)? Are you more likely to embrace such additions and see them as an enhancement to your investment or do you frown upon them as added fluff to distract from actual gaming?

Here is a question for Wombat:

As someone who still works in the Corporate world, are your employer/coworkers aware of your work on the CAGcast or the Gamesblog? Does your boss/coworkers know who "Wombat" is? I am asking because you have said in the past that you would love to make a living in the games industry as opposed to what you currently do. I used to work in the Corporate world and I know that any career goals or thoughts you had that didn't contribute to the "bottom line" of the company were frowned upon. Now that I work on my own I am not exposed to the "Office Space" mentality much any longer.

Also, is your work internet usage monitored making it impossible for you to check out CAG or post on your blog during work hours? If so how do you get around that?

Thanks! (Don't worry this isn't your boss) LOL

Guys,

Any predictions on what the free Arcade title that Microsoft has promised everyone will be? Wouldn't you rather have the 400-800 points to buy your own game, rather than have one pre-determined by the company?

Hey guys,

Happy New Year's to you both! I was wondering what you guys thought of these somewhat random game cameos in the new fighting games coming out. The Smash Brothers team has already announced Solid Snake and Sonic, and now there's recent news of Darth Vader and Yoda appearing as playable characters in Soul Calibur 4. Do you think this is a good move to attract more fans, or a gimmick to sell copies of the game without actually having to improve gameplay? Thanks!

cheapy and wombat

captain olimar in super smash brothers brawl.
absolutely amazing.
tell me your not excited for this news.

buttle

Yo Cheapy,

Is it at all possible to email me the link or mp3 file of that wicked-ass track 'Ass and Tetris'....you know the one....you intro-ed it on the CAGcast 101. I would love to have that track and any others to play to my mates on my iPod.

Any help Cheapy? Email me at [email protected] or post link to download the track.

If you don't comply I will fry you with my Darth Vadar lightsaber after I've downloaded him in Soul-ed out Calibur. These downloadables are so transparent most of the time. Marketing people.

Thanks again. I think Wombat's suggestion of having Pachter back on the CAGcast is a great one. Looking forward to it.

Later,
Pete

Cheapy D, have you tried "The History Channels The Civil War" for 360? I know you spoke about playing COD4 & The Darkness. CW is a good rentalIMO, especially if your into COD. Give it a try.

I finished COD4 360 & The Darkness this week since LIVE has been running so badly. That's the most singleplayer I've played in a while. I'm halfway through MOH Airborne. It's okay too. I like the L zoom cover system & parachuting

hey Cheapy and Wombat, what did you guys think about Omega Five? it's pretty fun but uber hard and oh so pretty. *_*

[quote name='Lounge Gremlin']Yo Cheapy,

Is it at all possible to email me the link or mp3 file of that wicked-ass track 'Ass and Tetris'....you know the one....you intro-ed it on the CAGcast 101. I would love to have that track and any others to play to my mates on my iPod.

Any help Cheapy? Email me at [email protected] or post link to download the track.

If you don't comply I will fry you with my Darth Vadar lightsaber after I've downloaded him in Soul-ed out Calibur. These downloadables are so transparent most of the time. Marketing people.

Thanks again. I think Wombat's suggestion of having Pachter back on the CAGcast is a great one. Looking forward to it.

Later,
Pete[/quote]
Hey man here is where you can get it, just right click and save link as. Also Cheapy, (after listening to you answer my Transformers question) I think I liked the movie alot because I didn't read too far into it and just really liked the CGI detail (would really like to see it in HD) and the action in general which is pretty much all I went to see the movie for anyway. I do agree with you that the movie being more based around the humans was really shit but whenever I watch it again, I just watch it for the action, mainly the last half hour.

Love the show. Love when Wombat begs for games.

1. Do you think the relatively lower price point for DS games has limited the potential for really great games to be released on the system? When publishers could charge $70-80 in the snes days you would get great, polished games like Street Fighter 2 and Chrono Trigger, but although the DS can clearly do that level of graphics few games meet that high standard.

2. Were you disappointed with the DS in 2007? What are you looking forward to on the DS in 2008?

I agree with Cheapy about the travesty that has become DLC, especially on Live. But do you think the PS3 is doing a slightly better job in regards of when they make you pay?

Sony charges nothing for Themes and wallpapers, whereas Live nickle and dimes you for this stuff.

I'm sure all this will change when Home debutes, but at least its free for now!

Keep up the good work

Hey Cheapy I was wondering why do you post the best of the Sunday Deals on Sunday? Wouldn't it help more if you could post them on a Friday or Saturday? I know before there were times when there wasn't any ad postings on the forums, but now it seems even when speedy can't make the posting for a few weeks the community is really helping out and getting the information early still

PS
Any chance in expanding the Sunday deals to include DVDs/blu-ray/hd-dvds?

Hello, I just recently read an article about the production costs of 60 dollar games. The profit is split somewhat evenly between Microsoft, the retailer, and the developer. My question is what happens when the retailer has a sale and marks a game 20 dollars off, how are they supposed to get profit? And when games have been out for a while, and go down to 20 dollars, don't they just lose money? Thanks

Hello Cheapy D and Wombat!

Today I have a question for you Wombat:

You mentioned you are enjoying your house and that you have a totally empty room in Cagcast 102. What would your 'dream room' would be like for this room? Would it be an arcade room w/ arcade cabinates? An Atari 2600 Shrine w/ all the games framed and posted along the walls? A memorabilia room featuring photos of yourself with celebrities? A room used for growing 'herbs'? Or perhaps a full Wombat Sanctuary with some Wombat Babies you can raise as your own (Maybe this is easier than having human babies?)? And Lastly, maybe you want to turn it into a full on Video Studio so you can host a video version of the cagcast, complete w/ a couch for guests to come in and sit on ala Wayne's World?

Anyways, those are just some ideas I have, have a nice day and Thanks for taking a look at my question!

-CDRober

OK. I believe an injustice has taken place with the announcement that CheapyD has never seen an episode of Harvey Birdman. The comedic references are right up your alley. How could Cheapy not see anything that was meant to have "Better with weed" as part of the title?

Anyways. If your willing to commit to watching some hilarious TV (typcial episodes are around 11 minutes) I'm willing to send you some DVD's.

Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer.

My personal favorites are Booty Noir and Very Personal Injury.

Hi guys! I know I sort of asked a question in the CAGCast 102 thread, but that was directly related to the show, whereas this is more general. Are there any games that you guys either love to play or cannot play anymore due to their association with what was going on in your life? I know it sounds totally weird. Like, for me, I can't really bring myself to play Etrian Odyssey anymore, as much fun as I was having with the game. I got it sometime in the middle of last year, and around the time I got it, my grandmother ended up going into the hospital. I was playing it when I got the call that she had passed away, and I played it on the plane to and from the funeral, and while spending time with my family around the time of the funeral. Now, I can't really bring myself to get back into it...it's too tied to those memories. Crazy, I know. Anything like that for either of you?

/tk

Hey Cheapy, I live in the Uk and it has always been my dream to live and experience the Japanese culture. When I am older Im considering taking a teaching corse to teach english there. Is Japan (preferably Tokyo) generally more expensive to live in than the US or the UK? How and why did you move there? Are the people friendly? (I know this is a bit personal so dont answer if you don't want to but) When you first moved there was/Is it finically tight? And finally were do you prefer living?
Sorry for the rather long and blabbery question :)

I dont know what it is about you two but I love..... no wait I adore your voices I could listen to them all day. Great job on the show and keep it up:D Love you guys

I have a few questions

- What is happening with tom clancey's endwar

- Is there anything new happening with starwars the force unleashed

You mentioned in the last Cagcast that DLC was a real disappointment to you. Could tell us your ideal DLC package and what do you think about the DLC that comes out as free in the first place (Bioshock, Forza 2 stuff, etc). BTW the Lost Planet map packs are pretty awesome and free.

Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I have been listening to the show for about 20 or so episodes.
I gotta say, way to go on making a gaming podcast that my girlfriend will actually listen to, considering the fact that she pretty much only ever plays anything Mario-related. I must say that generally speaking, women(mostly American) tend to steer towards the Mario games. Maybe it's that sexy caterpillar on his face...? discuss.

On a side note, there was a laughing fit at our house for a good 20 minutes when we heard Wombat's mom with that brilliant Wombat introduction. Can she be hired for bar mitzvahs? (yes, I'm 30 and jewy too...you should meet my mom)

Questions for the CAGbag:

How, where, and when did Cheapy and Wombat meet?

How old were you guys then?

Will/would you adhere to the ESRB ratings when Ty(probably misspelled) decides to play Grand Theft Auto: Rest Home in 10-15 years? That GTA game will definitely be a Mature title, if not AO...let's hope.

Also, a suggestion from both of us: We would love to see your wife on for more reviews! Having a woman on, definitely helps with variety. And we all know the men who listen to the cast won't mind.

I'm getting looks...

Considering putting the child in day care? I thought you were a fake CheapyD, but that seals it. That option is so far out of the main stream it is laughable.

This might have been addressed before but about your clogging of the toilet. How about courtesy flushing? Once one breaks free you flush, and every time after that. This way you should never have a clog problem again.

Hello guys. As you definately noticed , Warner bros decided to give their support to the Blu-ray. And now , all the Sony fanboys decided to go nuts and now again we have a new amounts of insults to X360 fanboys etc. But the question is (And the question to you guys) : How much will gamers get from that decision of Warner bros ?? I mean ... Even if HD DVD would win , 25 GB or 50 GB of Blu ray disc is only good for the gamers. And HD DVD for Xbox 360 was also there just for the movies. So how much will this decision affect us gamers ???

My regard to CheapyD and Wombat from very very far Slovenia (That is in Europe , we are neighbours to Italy if you do not know :D) !

Since it is a new year I think you guys need to start up "The Hype Wagon" again.

A few of mine are -

Saints Row 2 - The game will support full co-op through the single player campaign

Fallout 3 - I have loved the last two Fallout RPG's and cant wait to play this one

Advance Wars : Days Of Ruin - The Advance Wars series is why I bought a GBA and DS. Wifi multiplayer!!!! I cant wait for this game.

-Stuttering Billy

bread's done
Back