CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

[quote name='Besko'] 25 GB or 50 GB of Blu ray disc is only good for the gamers. [/quote]

Congrats on being the biggest idoit. The reason blu ray is winning is not actually picture quality from movies and it has nothing to do with games. It has everything to do with UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO which makes all the difference in the world to watching a movie. That is why the bigger size of a blu ray disk made all the difference. I have all 3 systems but I don't have the HD DVD player but I watched an HD DVD movie over a friends house(Transformers). I hope it comes to blu ray this summer. Also an alert to CheapyD, a lot of blu ray movies do have menus. Event the ones that don't do in a vague sort of way but that defines the experience of the blu ray.

I do look forward to the next cagcast. Cool videos of your child on youtube CheapyD.

Dave

Just started listening to the Cagcast and it's fun... I think both CheapyD and Wombat are in tune with the gaming community. It's good to hear criticism being directed at DLC and hopefully companies will listen and take note.

Did you know that there is a company out there, most famous for writing the game Battlesphere for the Atari Jaguar called 'Scatologic'. Look up scatology...

These guys were obsessed with urine and poop, so maybe they were a little further down the road to the crazy farm...

I have one request for you... please remind people about the CheapAssGamer Folding at Home Team, we're currently rated 250th team and climbing. Tell Marten to send me another PS3 and I might be able to catch him ;-)

Anyway, good work on the Cagcast, keep it up.

Are there any multiplatform games that you plan on getting for the PS3 in the coming future?

Keep in mind they must already be announced for multiple platforms at the time of answering this question.

I have two questions if you don't mind Cheapy and Wombat.

I went to Gamestop the other night just picking up items where I saw a used PS3 advertisement for 449.99. I asked the Gamestop clerk if that was for the 60gb model or the 80gb model. He said it was for both, so interested in the 60gb model because of the PS2 backwards compatibility I asked if he had a 60gb PS3. He said he didn't but had 20gb models for 349.99. I thought about this, I can install a bigger drive and I don't need the wifi or the card reader. What do you guys think? Should I buy a 20gb PS3?

There is a new case by Lian Li for the xbox 360. This is suppose to cool and quite down your xbox 360. I build pcs and Lian Li is the best case maker in the world. This is the case at CES, http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/01/10/lian_li_answers_calls_from_xbox_360_owners/1

This case seems to solve all the problems for the xbox 360 overheating problems, but if you use this case you void your warranty. What do you think is it worth it? Should m$ maybe sell a case like this for a higher price?

bj

2 questions,

Do you guys ever plan on getting PC's good enough to play today's PC games? I would love to hear your views on the good and band of today's gaming industry.

What do you guys think about the lack of fighter games since the old mortal kombat days? What made people not enjoy fighters as much as they enjoy shooters?

CheapyD and Wombat,

I am going away on a trip in March which includes a long flight and some downtime. I have an old Gameboy Advance but I was thinking it might be time to step up to a DS or PSP. My question is which should I go with and what are the must have games for each system.

I know you both have said that you spend alot of time playing the DS and that neither of you end up playing the PSP much, so maybe I am answering my own question here, but it seems like some of the new features announced for the PSP might make it less of a no brainer question. Interested in your opinions.

Thanks!

I don't believe I've heard Cheapy say anything about No More Heroes, especially with his Japanese Wii and the game coming out so early over there. I thought that the "poop-to-save" system the game has would be a sure hit with Cheapy.

If you haven't played it, why do you think the recent ubisoft/1up fracas hasn't been getting as much attention as Gerstmann-gate? Naturally, it's because it's more interesting when people do the wrong thing, but shouldn't this make people wonder why 1up was the ONLY one ubisoft is too cool for?

Cheapy,

You always say you need to get work done - it comes up a lot when you mention putting your kid in day care - I'm just curious what you do exactly? You're contracting off the design and programming of "CAG 2.0", you've said editing the podcast takes a day at most - so aside from collecting comission checks from the site what do you do?

Hey Cheapy, just checking out your flickr photos and listening to the CAGcast at the same time and I have to say that your CAG hat really does suit you, and also are your games all in a mess in the background because your are organising games to send to the troops?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheapyd/2201791842/

And don't you think that the xbox original games on xbox live are stupidly priced because they are around $15 and take up space on your hard drive when you could just go out and buy the game in a store for cheaper and have no space taken on your hard drive (except for save space but that doesn't really count).

[quote name='Koshirou']lol, i just heard this on his podcast(number 96), his natural hair colour is dark brown and he would post a foto somewhere on the forum.[/quote]
Cool, thanks for letting me know that and would love to see Cheapy with a big afro or something lol.

"Yo man, I slap a bitch if I have to" - CheapyD CAGcast #103

Currently playing:

:360: Guitar Hero III
:psp: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops :twoguns:\\:D/

quite a few shows ago Wombat bought a ps2 game called Swashbucklers and he said that it looked like it could be the worst game of 2007. He said its a game where your pirates that fight cival war soldiers. Wombat have you played this game and what was it like. P.S. IGN gave it a 4.0 out of 10

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Any opinions on Resistance 2? I for one am pumped to hell for this game and cannot wait for it to come out.

Dear Wombat,
As one Star Wars fan to another, I demand you add Star Wars: The Force Unleashed to your hypewagon. Any game where you have force powers that can make TIE fighters explode into a firey mess and fly into stormtroopers leading to massive distruction and death deserves a notice in my book. Also, lightsabers.

-Majora2010

Cheapy.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
A winter hat is called a tuque. (Pronounced tooq)
A beanie is one of those hats with the propellor on top.

For Wombat - I'm curious to hear what his take on the Spider-Man "One More Day/Brand New Day" fiasco is.
I personally found it lazy writing and a slap in the face to longtime Spider-Man fans.
Do you agree or disagree?

Cheapy when are you going to learn leet speak? I here you butcher way to many user names you should just think before you open your mouth. You spelled out reaper a few weeks ago and it was embarrising. R34P3R (reaper) just to give an example.

This next part is not meant to be read on air, I PMed you about it.

Oh and I love your show it was recommended to me by one of the guys from X-Strike Studio they do video game movies spoofs that are awesome. http://www.x-strikestudios.com/ check em out funny stuff.

Cheapy, a your man in Japan question:

I asked this question over the summer but it was never answered, so I must ask again. You mentioned a few times about how you went to the movie theatre in Japan. How does the movie theatre in Japan work? Are there English subtitles and Japanese language tracks? Are the movies in English with Japanese subtitles? Do you get special headphones with the English language track?

Thanks for the answer, and keep up the great work Cheapy and Womabt.

I can answer this! The movies are in English with Japanese subtitles. And ridiculously expensive. I took a date to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith in Japan and it cost about $35 for two tickets. Not including popcorn.

EDIT - Animated movies are generally in Japanese with NO English subtitles whatsoever, which is a bit of a drag.

Hey Cheapy, I would really like to know where I can buy those CAG bracelets from because I can't find them here on the site (even on CAGschwag).

1272543770_1f9e7c6193.jpg

And also congratulations to Wombat for hosting the Advance Wars: Days Of Ruin lanch event. I thought the video was really cool. Thanks guys.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']sorry if its been mentioned before, but when are you guy's birthdays?[/QUOTE]

From their profiles:
Cheapy:
Date of Birth:
September 9, 1973

Wombat:
Date of Birth:
May 2

This is for both CheapyD and Wombat: How do you guys put up with all the fanboy bullshit that seems to be springing up more and more within the site, especially with users like Sideshow (as demonstrated in the CAGcast 103 thread)? You guys should ban anybody that starts or tries to start a flame war for just having a different opinion from your own.

[quote name='joserjerr']OK. I believe an injustice has taken place with the announcement that CheapyD has never seen an episode of Harvey Birdman. The comedic references are right up your alley. How could Cheapy not see anything that was meant to have "Better with weed" as part of the title?

Anyways. If your willing to commit to watching some hilarious TV (typcial episodes are around 11 minutes) I'm willing to send you some DVD's.

Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer.

My personal favorites are Booty Noir and Very Personal Injury.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear your picking up the Harvey Birdman sets so hopefully we'll hear a your thoughts on a future episode of the CAGcast

Hey Cheapy & Wombat,

This is an inquiry about the current process involved in the development and release of "movie-games", whereby the people working on the game are forced to push out a premature turd in line with the release of its celluloid namesake, all to satiate the demands of the market. This has resulted in more shit than shine (Batman and Superman, anyone... anyone...) and now gamers wallow in doubt and despair whenever anything is announced that might turn out great but will turn out steaming, with "100% dust collecting-ready" printed on the front of the case (Iron Man, maybe). My question thus emerges: "Do you think the industry should re-think its development process, or is the potential loss in sales simply too much of a detractor for the possibility of change?"

P.S. Wombat,

I also have a man crush on Alton Brown of Good Eats. And it deepens ever-so-slightly upon every viewing. Never enough to turn me gay, but if it wasn't for that chick from Nickelback, I'd be riding the rainbow rollercoaster live, no choice.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

If my above question isn't picked I also would like to know what you guys think about Geoff Keighley's brave attempt at enlightening the average non-gamer on Fox about an issue which has been ridiculously and perversely misinterpreted by the mainstream, and which, due to its topical relevance, results in misinformed media journalists (also print journalists, I should say) pulling "facts" and figures out of their asses (although the lead anchorwoman did peruse the Mass Effect website for a couple seconds) just for the ratings. My question thus emerges:

"Should the educated continue their attempts to appeal to the uneducated, or is Keighley's experience on Fox a window into the current socio-political sphere, where our 15 seconds of logic is drowned out by the people who control the major news outlets and their panel of objective people, who unanimously conclude that they will not let the trash that is Mass Effect into their houses?" Jerks... them not you guys... the people at Fox I mean...not Keighley, the people who where bullying him... the smiling bitch with the Psychology degree is who I mean...

If you were a fan of Grand Theft Auto (you might be, I don't know, that's why I put 'IF') how much would you be willing to pay for each of GTAIV's downloadable content on the 360? And what do you think they'll actually be priced at?

hey Cheapy and wombat,
I have been saving up for a DS:)ds:) but now I'm having second thoughts about getting a PSP:)psp:). what do you think I should get?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,
i was wondering what your picks are for the Superbowl, Patriots or Giants?
Also how big is the NFL in Japan?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/21/keighley-takes-on-fox-news-sexbox-sexpose/

please, Please, PLEASE talk about this fucking psycho bitch Cooper Lawrence. Frankly, she makes a better barbie doll than she does an analyst because she sure as shit doesn't know dick about games.

Geoff Keighley is my hero for the day. You could see him bursting at the seams just waiting to lay into her...

My suggestion to Cooper - Pick up a controller and get a fucking clue. Man, am I incensed or what?

^^^^
i totally agree with daphatty. video games are so mainstreamed now than before that every news media will try to pick on it without even doing research on the subject. i think jack thompson had a big effect on this issue. i mean movies and books have done these sort of fantasy and controversy but yet nobody ever mentions it. what it comes down to is that its probably a great news item. and its something that will put fear in the hearts of the audience that are watching the show. which is something that that media is all about.

i'd also want to know both of your opinion as to whether or not we should have a one console future.

Cheapy,

How cool is Justin McElroy of Joystiq fame? (He's alluded to the fact that you and him have gamed together on XBL.)

Noah "Kromax" Kromaksian

Hey guys,

So we all saw the Fox News Mass Effect clip, Wombat even posted a blog post (Wombat, quick plug your blog again here) about it...and they talk about rating games, etc. One person asks why Mass Effect was not rated AO.

Anyway though, here is my question - how old do you have to be to buy an "unrated" movie from say Best Buy, etc? I did a basic search for this and could not find anything. As a parent, etc, I think I would be more concerned that my kid could go buy the "sexier" or "too extreme for theatres" version of a movie than if they could buy an M rated game. In a movie it is easy to see the sex or violence, just watch the thing, if my kid could play through and get to the sex scene in Mass Effect, I think many would consider him/her pretty damn smart for their age. Thoughts?

Hey guys love the show and just wanted to know now that it's the New Year and Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Call of Duty 4 have come out on the 360, is there any other games you are looking forward to in 2008? I hope Devil May Cry 4 is good and I really want to play Resident Evil 5

Hey Wombat that is really strange and kinda cool that you are not paying for your car currently. I was just wondering what happened with your car before. Did they give you the 07 or were u actually able to get the 08. Great show guys!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, I remember you two were talking about Warhawk a few shows ago and that brought to mind the 1.2 update the game got last month, which pretty much fixes every problem with the server side of the game that you two had. So I was wondering if there's any chance you two would be giving it another shot and seeing if you can stick around with the game?

Also, I noticed on GameStop's website that Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is now $40 after Cheapy complained that it was $60 before. Is there any change in opinion on the game with this new price? What do you think about Sony pricing Patapon, the PSP rhythm-strategy game, at $20 instead of the normal $30 or $40 price tags you see PSP games at these days?

hey cheapy im a big fan of house of the dead and herd it was coming out one the wii with house of the dead 2 and 3 and a wii zaper for 30 dollars. do you think this is a good deal and how should i go about getting a 2nd zapper so my sister can play to.

Cheapy and Wombat,

Last week you discussed a couple of "bad demos" (Burnout and Club). On the flip side, you have demos like Pacman Championship Edition for XBLA. I can never recall seeing THAT many naysayers do a complete a 180 on a game after playing the demo. What are some demos that got you excited for a game that you previously had no interest in? Also, what advice would you give developers to avoid the dreaded "bad demo"?

cheapy and wombat

for the inquiry on whether or not one could be a hardcore gamer and only own the wii. i am that gamer, though i do own the ds as well.

to me, the biggest factor is-
almost everything i'm missing out on is either a fps or an rpg. and i don't care for either of these genres. but for gamers who love these genres, a wii alone would obviously leave them unsatisfied.

Here's a good one, what was the FIRST video game, either of you have played?

Or, what is your earliest gaming memory.

My earliest gaming memory is the hours it took for my dad to figure out how to hook up the NES to our old TV when I was about 4 years old.

I have heard you guys say that you do not like the first Resistance, and I would just like to know why. I played it and loved it, mainly due to the story. And would just like to know what you didn't like about it.

On the TV ad for Advance Wars: Days of Ruin they used quotes about the game from gaming websites Kotaku and UGO. Now this is a bit on the conspiracy side but do you think that the quote and the fact that UGO put up some money for the New York event (like Wombat said) has anything to do with each other? A "if you scratch my back..." sort of deal.

Kotaku version:
http://kotaku.com/344003/advance-wars-days-of-ruin-commercial-with-special-guest-appearance

Hey CheapyD, I loved your toilet video on YouTube, and was just wondering if all the toilets in Japan were like that, and if you have tried the V wash yet.

Hello Cheapy and Wombat,
Great show as always. Cheapy, I’m hoping you can look into this since you have contacts with Play Asia. It looks like they have just put up Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection for pre-order for only $35 (which I think is a steal for any CAGer). I’m very interested in purchasing this but I have 2 questions: 1) I’m assuming it will play on my US ps3 because it looks like the game is for the US/Canada systems, right? 2) I’m also assuming that if it is for the US than it will have English audio, correct? It would be great if you could contact Play-Asia about this and update us on the next podcast. I and I’m sure other CAGs would like to know about this.

ps. also if this is the US/Canada version of the game any word on it comming out here in the states?

bread's done
Back