CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

what do you have to say to all of the people who are considering a 360 but hate the high failure rate (such as myself)...for some reason I would rather spend 300 on my psp and ps3 for games I missed out on then a potentially better console (emphasis on potentially) that dies once a year (60 percent of them anyways). Is it still worth it?

Hello,
I was wondering why a lot of people complained about Heavenly Sword and God of War: Chains of Olympus being so short, yet nobody complained about GoW1 being short? I was able to beat that in around 7 hours.

2371884791_f9bae61d2e.jpg

CHEAPY, TAI 'N' THEM BIG ASS CHAAAAAAIIIIINNS

I was thinking about the online issues that we all love bitch about on the PS3 (no cross game invites). Perhaps, the its not as easy as we would all think. It is not really a question of how and not why? Currently the only games with invites are COD4 (to the best of my knowledge) and that is because it was a developer add item as there is no standardized system on the PS3.

Think about this for a min; the PS3 has only been out for a year but it of course has a few multi player titles (COD4, Burnout, Resistance, and Warhawk for example). Wouldn't it be fair to say that you are going to have to substantial patches ALL of those games to run on the new standardized system?? (including games like GTA4 and whatever the hell game comes out before they get this up and running).

(P.S. Sony ... please add a standardized chat/headset)

Hey Cheapy, when Tai learns to talk will you please bring him on to the CAGcast so we can hear him in all his glory.

Also (for both of you) with Microsoft cracking down on achievement cheaters by resetting their gamerscore, banning them from previous achievements and branding them as a cheater, don't you think that the cheaters could easily just create a new gamertag. This way they will still have 0 GS but will be able to get previous achievements and won't be named a cheater. What is your verdict on this..............verdict.

Cheapy and Wombat,

Since you are both internet famous, and now have families (grats Wombat) do you ever worry about internet stalkers?

No I am not applying for a job to stalk Wombat, even I have some taste. :p

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

With GTA4 finally on the horizon its time for some hype wagon speculation on everybody's favorite sandbox. Of the secrets revealed (through previews as well as trailers) what strikes you as the most exciting? What tiny details would you love to find hidden in the game? And what secret do you think might be in the game that will get cut in later versions (as that seems to happen regularly with the GTA series)?

Hey guys,

With the recent cheating policy that Microsoft has enacted, I was thinking about cheating in general in games. How do you define cheating? Entering codes in games? Looking at GameFaqs? Exploiting a bug? Where do you draw the line? Also, do you define cheating differently for single player and multiplayer modes?

My take: Personally, I love that sense of accomplishment of figuring out a tough boss or puzzle by myself. So I only go on the Web to look up hints after I beat a game to find out what I missed or what I could have done better. Otherwise, I feel I am cheating my experience of the game.

-Yipwoop

Cheapy, I see that you are going to start a tiered system for CAG membership to bring the community closer together. I love CAG and plan on picking up one of those memberships. I noticed that under the Platinum section it only lists an autographed picture of you. I think if you throw in an autographed picture of Wombat as well, that may seal deal for alot of people. If I could get an autographed picture of both of you, the Platinum membership would be a no brainer.

[quote name='EddieT']Cheapy, I see that you are going to start a tiered system for CAG membership to bring the community closer together. I love CAG and plan on picking up one of those memberships. I noticed that under the Platinum section it only lists an autographed picture of you. I think if you throw in an autographed picture of Wombat as well, that may seal deal for alot of people. If I could get an autographed picture of both of you, the Platinum membership would be a no brainer.[/quote]

Dude check your calender. lol

[quote name='max42']Hey Cheapy,
When you sons grows up im guessing he will be speaking Japanese, dont you think it will be awkward when he brings his friends over and you have no way to communicate to them, not only that but you couldn't really talk to your own son since hes gonna have to learn Japanese for school do you care?are you ever gonna learn Japanese?[/quote]

I think Tai will learn Engrish at some point.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat. I love the CAGcast and love the website, but I am a little troubled with what I just saw. The new Membership levels. I understand that the server costs are probably nuts, but I think that a lot of us are a cheap asses, we really can't pay a yearly fee. I hope you guys reply to this.

Best Wishes, uberpwner93

hey wombat, are you going to this year's nyc comic con?. also do you know any good entertainment corporations in nyc that are currently hiring college interns? i'm looking for a summer internship and i thought since you have lots of years of experience in the field that you might know a place or can give me some advice on where i can learn more about this thing.

Hey What's up Cheapy and Wombat

This question is for Cheapy.

So you only go out of your apartment if you're:
A) Going to the Grocery Store/ Toys R Us
or B) Taking Tai to the nursery.

So when you're at home besides sleeping, eating, playing videogames, taking a shit, and anything CAG-related what else do you make at home ?

Wombat,

I'm starting to get interested in comics, but after reading up on some of the story lines, it all seems a little overwhelming with all the alternate universes, etc.. Any suggestions on how to best get into the hobby? Any chance on maybe adding a comic segment to the show... nothing fancy, just something where you could comment on new comic releases you've picked up or whatnot?

Cheapy and Wombat,

Are there any classic arcade games that you wish would come to Live arcade or PSN or even the VC.

And also, I don't understand the hate on that EA pay for guns game. They are being very up-front about it and players know that going in. It seems like there are dozens of FPS's out there with free guns that people can play, so I don't see why people don't just vote with their dollar instead of bitching about a game that might suck anyway(oh wait it is the internet....).

Have either of you played resident evil 4 for the Wii?

If you have, what are your thoughts on the control scheme as a gateway for more mature/shooter games?

If you haven't - what the fuck are you waiting for! Go play the game and answer my question.

Wombat, despite your countless previous playthroughs, I heavily recommend trying it out for the Wii as the controls make it feel like a totally new game. I've been through RE4 on the GC about 3 times and I'm loving it for the 4th time on the Wii.

Keep up the great work with the podcast.

What's up, Cheapy and Wombat?

If the CAG PREMIUM package would have been real, what would the 1-day-tour of Tokyo with CheapyD have consisted of?

...because let's be honest....a few of us Shaq-Fu'ers were actually considering the $100, and were definitely intrigued by the idea of having a tall, bald, white giant guide us through Japan.

Anyways, I love the show, keep up the good work, and Wombat, if you haven't done so already, make sure to sign up for your 401gay benefits, since you have a new job and all..

With GTA IV due out at the end of the month, we need to know if/where to pre-order. Or should we wait and get it at retail on release day? I'd love to hear more updates as we get closer to release.

hey cheapy , on saturday i am going on vacation to palm springs california and was wondering if you could rcomend a place to eat ( a chain of resturants ) that arent available in canada i heard thee is a place called ci ci pizza were they ahve all weird types of piza
anyways if cant recomend one its ok

- brendan duggan

ps - wombat for the win

Just wondering, have either of you seen the Zelda movie trailer/video? I did, and wasn't THAT impressed with it... so yeah, what do you think?

What is your current favorite online game to play with friends?

What test must you pass to be added on XBL?

Hey Wombat,
I love the Justice League and the JL: Unlimited series and think it got an untimely demise. Anyway, can you recommend any other animated series like it or comics with the same style?

What is your current favorite online game to play with friends?

What test must you pass to be added on XBL?

Hey Wombat,
I love the Justice League and the JL: Unlimited series and think it got an untimely demise. Anyway, can you recommend any other animated series like it or comics with the same style?

Hey guys. First off i love the show. Secondly, Knowing that CheapyD likes the western games like Gun, Call of Jaurez, and possibly Red Dead Revolver how would you feel about a Western style RPG or MMO. I ask this because i happen to love those games and western films like 3:10 to Yuma, Proposition and Seraphim Falls (to name a few). The idea of a really well done MMO or RPG Western game really puts a smile on my face.

And to Wombat, With Dark Knight, Hulk, Ironman, the Spirit, Watchman and the 2-3 X-men based movies coming out within the next year or so; which Comic character (other than green lantern) would like to see made into a movie giving that it would be done justice and not by uwe boll. And what are your thoughts on the possibly upcoming Avengers and JL movie even though Batman and Superman arent in it?

Hey guys. First off i love the show. Secondly, Knowing that CheapyD likes the western games like Gun, Call of Jaurez, and possibly Red Dead Revolver how would you feel about a Western style RPG or MMO. I ask this because i happen to love those games and western films like 3:10 to Yuma, Proposition and Seraphim Falls (to name a few). The idea of a really well done MMO or RPG Western game really puts a smile on my face.

And to Wombat, With Dark Knight, Hulk, Ironman, the Spirit, Watchman and the 2-3 X-men based movies coming out within the next year or so; which Comic character (other than green lantern) would like to see made into a movie giving that it would be done justice and not by uwe boll. And what are your thoughts on the possibly upcoming Avengers and JL movie even though Batman and Superman arent in it?

Cheapy, for the love of god, either learn to read or practice the names of things like precipice and CAG names (LIKE MINE) *before* you do the podcast.

Wombat - what are your favourite video game podcasts to listen to other than the Bombcast?

It was interesting hearing differing opinions on the Penny Arcade game.

I think Wombat has a valid point about the pricing for the game, especially the point about it being piecemeal and too expensive for the fact that it's episodic. And the point about the console breaking and waiting 20 days to be able to play it again is also true.

On the other hand, saying it's a flash game just by looking at screen shots *isn't* fair, and I think he should play it before he starts criticising it on that front.

Cheapy - The head of Microsoft UK came out today and said the following:

"The horse that we're fundamentally backing is the one that says the future of entertainment content is online digital distribution. I would argue that we backed the right horse... If we're sitting here in 12 or 18 months time, we'll be saying 'why were people even thinking about a disc format when it's really about digital distribution?' Our strategy's been developed for the last six or seven years, and ever since we launched the platform it [online content] has been our big, big, big bet."

Which means either

A) They backed HD DVD to be a pain in the ass to Sony

B) They're full of shit and are trying to make it look like HD DVD never happened

Hard to say which is liklier.

Your comment about digital distribution being the future of gaming is line with Microsoft's and both are flat out wrong.

North America simply does *not* have the capability, bandwidth wise, to deliver the kinds of files that Microsoft is talking about.

On top of that, you have ISPs across North America throttling bandwidth of people who download torrents.

Do you honestly think someone is going to wait 3-5 hours for a download when they can run to the store, have a physical copy of a game *AND* be able to go to the store and back and start playing the game within 20 or 30 minutes?

There's no chance in hell that digital distribution is going to be the future of gaming. Maybe in places like South Korea where they don't cap or throttle the internet, but not in North America.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You are *dead wrong* about this.

PS Here's the link to the Microsoft article.

http://kotaku.com/375937/microsoft-didnt-back-the-wrong-format-horse-yo

Hey Cheapy, not a question and it should have been posted on the cagcast thread but any way. You take Tai to the toilet with you and place him on your lap while doing your business and also you were really upset that you couldn't talk to a small kid. You are questionable lol.

Hey Cheapy, what are your thoughts about the video game 'community' in general? You often rant about the various fanboys that are after your head on a pike, so I'd imagine your opinion of the community wouldn't be too high.

Questions about CAG 2.0

Will there be any way for the community to react/ have input on the launch. I.E a beta or preview

Please include a "Game Completed" tag in the game collection. It would be useful to keep track.

finally a suggestion. When 2.0 launches have a Cagcast exclusive to the new stuff. Skip Wonbot if needed and get the guy who did the work on it. Thanks

Not sure if anyone asked this yet, but what do you think of a video game rating system based on how much you would pay for the game or how much a game is worth compared to other games?

For example: Conan for 360 obviously rates at least a $9.99 purchase since that sold out so quickly on GoGamer. But Avatar for 360 barely makes the $9.99 purchase mark since I believe it is still in stock at that price on GoGamer. And your recent CagCast, Wombat rated Dark Sector at $15. Now if it ever goes to that price, I would take his recommendation and buy it. If I see it at $19, I might think twice.

What do you guys think?

Cheapy, did you ever get around to playing Army of 2? I'm curious to hear your impressions. Or was it so great that you picked it up only to put it down?

Cheapy, how in the hell do you read when you're taking a shit if you're holding a baby??
or are you not a toilet reader kind of guy?

[quote name='destro713']Don't give in to the damn fools who say it's pronounced "carry-okie." But you could stand to shape up on certain other words... it's MAH-ree-o (or, if you want to be really Italian, you'd pronounce the R more like the R in karaoke, closer to MAH-dhee-o) not MERry-o.

On the topic of language — Cheapy, I have a question that has nothing to do with videogames, but I'd be thankful if you could shoot me a short answer anyway. I've been giving serious consideration to pursuing a year-long contract for teaching English in Tokyo starting in the summer of '09. I have a bunch of experience working in schools and I work as an English copywriter, so I think I'd have a decent chance of getting hired, but I don't know any Japanese. Bearing in mind that I DO NOT have a Japanese wife, how well do you think I could get on in Tokyo with almost no Japanese knowledge except for "thank you" and things I can read from a phrasebook? How much trouble do you have when you're out and about, without Shiima to translate the world for you?

The CAGs On News song is awesome. And so is Wombat's live CAGs On [Bags] remix.[/quote]

My sister teaches English in Korea and didn't know any Korean. I don't even think she could find it on a map.:D However she teaches K-2 grade levels, I don't know what levels you'd be teaching. But she loves it and is getting along fine with her now limited vocab.

I think I'd be teaching through an independent tutoring company, not through the school system, so the age range would probably be pretty wide — teens to adults, I'd guess.

Yeah, I think I'd be okay after a few weeks of absorbing some basic vocabulary. I would just be worried that I'd get in a bind really early on due to not being able to express something very simple — like maybe I can't ask where the bathroom is, so I shit myself. That kind of thing.

I take my DS to college nearly every day, except lab days, and have found numerous uses for it when out and about. First, is the games, they tentertain me. But recently my cousin visited from Japan, she speaks nearly no english... So before she came I had her buy a DS game in japan called Kanji Sono Mama..something blah blah. I read online that it was the best DS japanese to english dictionary. Well I don't think she would have been able to cope during her stay without it, for nearly every english word she saw she had to enter it into the DS and then the appropriate Kanji/kana came up and she instantly knew what was going on.

Just curious, but during your Hori DS stand review you were using the DS to do your "homework". What program were you using?

And also what has been the best, or important, use you've gotten out of your DS? Entertainment on the sh*tter doesn't count...

p.s. I just saw the Saints Row 2 trailers on gametrailers. wtf was that sh*t about? Gary Busey, the Toothmasta!!!

cheapy

the line of last show;
"well if you do want to stab wombat, we've just learned that he's not really paying attention."

and to defend nintendo.
which legend of zelda game specifically, do you think was rated too high? i don't see any that were given a higher rating then they deserved. these games hold a very unique style that is rarely copied.

buttle

Hey Cheapy & Wombat,
I've been listening to the CAGcast since August '07, and love the show.
Recently we heard how you 2 guys met your wives, but I was wondering:
1) How did you meet each other?
2) How do you know the Shipwrecks?
Just curious
Keep up the great work!

p.s. Thanks for answering my PM and recommending NHL 08, Cheapy D. It is easily my favorite sports game in years.

Whats wrong with Wombat? Not only does he change his outfit between every match of Rainbow Six, he also dresses up his wife in costumes before he bangs her.

Hey Cheapy,

How do you feel about your little one growing up in Japan and going to Japanese schools? Do you see this as a plus compared to him growing up in American culture and going to American schools?

bread's done
Back