CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

[quote name='Sancho1978']Hey guys, I was wondering when we are going to see a "I got the last one, sucka!" t-shirts? Or any new shirt for that matter. Thanks and keep up the great work![/quote]

This was going to be my question too! I'd totally buy one!

So ... if your wife is the big bread winner in your family (i'm guessing she is since she is a lawyer and CAG isn't a multimillion dollar death star yet lol), does that work out well in japanese culture??

Hey Cheapy, I was wondering, with the new updated controls available for Lair on the PSN, should reviewers go back and re-review the game since most of the complaints about the game are now fixed (i.e. the controls)? Or should the reviews stand because Factor 5 had one chance with the game (when it was released) and they blew it so tough shit for them? Or does it even matter at this point since many people have already forgotten about Lair?

Cheapy, have you heard the news? It looks as though the great and expensive state of N.Y. is trying to push through legislation that will require Amazon to charge tax for the products they sell to New Yorkers. Law makers claim that because Amazon has affiliates on the web who are registered in N.Y., that it has cause to charge the tax. Many are saying that instead of being charged with enforcing N.Y. tax laws, that they will instead drop all affiliates based out of N.Y. Will this affect CAG in any way?

Cheapy and Wombat, after hearing the last cagcast and most directly the "shovelware" posting on youtube I have a cruex about the no hard drive issue Harmonix and others are useing as a point on dening full ports of Rockband, Guitar hero and others .....Is everyone forgeting The WII does come with a memory card slot up front ? with 8gb , 16 gb, and even 32 gb SD cards on the market there Must be a way A company like Nintendo can either through software or firmware etc. can find a way to utilize this interface ......let me break it down this way .......
1. insert ,say a 32gb card into WII
2.download firmware or software to card
3.Nintendo sells song packs for Rockband in either WII ware or a seperate WII module on the home screen.
4.its then "downloaded" to the memory card making it a defacto hard drive
there , problem fixed ,Cheapy please forward this to Reggie and have him send me my check to...........jk , but what do you guys think of my fix ?

Hey cheapy, with the recent trailer for a new Naruto Game for the ps3 I was just wondering what are your thoughts on it? For me the graphics look so awesome that I swear I'm watching the actual show instead of gameplay footage. This also leads into another question do you think it is worth keeping the ps3, with only MGS4 what else do we have to look forward too?

My third question is, which I'm probably going to catch a lot of shit for, is have you ever thought about bringing in a guest co-host? I'm not really a big wombat fan, his stories and humor are just horrible in my opinion, and I notice every once in a while that sometimes you also get kind of tired of his humor.

Cheapy and wombat, I was curious if you have been able to confirm the actual weight support capabilities of Wii fit. As one of the larger American gamers who wants to purchase this, I would like to know its capabilities before I crush it. I'm not far over the 300 mark but my height coupled with my fullness of life makes me mildly leary of purchasing it. Great show as always, look forward to many more episodes. - The Kope

CheapyD,

I wish I didn't have to ask this question but it is something that many of us here on the message board worry about. When you and Wombat die and the podcast is done with, where would you recommend we go? Do you have a contingency plan for the operations of this website or will it become a lost ship in the sea of the internet once your guys are no longer alive?

I am just a little scared, I don't to lose this community any time soon but I don't see any way of avoiding it unless you guys have a well thought out post-life plan.

Thanks for helping us get through this.

Hey Cheapy & Wombat, love the show, got a question for you on Wii Shovelware. If these games sell so well for being so bad mainly because they're cheap and people are desperate for wii games, when is a game company going to get a clue and start putting out good games for a low price? It seems to me that if something like Carnival Games can sell 1.1 million copies, then a great game at the same price would go through the roof. A great example is Boom Blox: it seems like it would be accessable enough for casual, non-gamers, but at the $50 price most of them will probably pass it and pickup 2 $20 shovel ware games instead. Do you think that real game companies will ever get a clue or do you think that as long as shovel ware sells, they won't even bother with good budget games for the wii?

PS-Cheapy, if you like minstrel shows so much you should do a youtube video in blackface.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']CheapyD,

I wish I didn't have to ask this question but it is something that many of us here on the message board worry about. When you and Wombat die and the podcast is done with, where would you recommend we go? Do you have a contingency plan for the operations of this website or will it become a lost ship in the sea of the internet once your guys are no longer alive?

I am just a little scared, I don't to lose this community any time soon but I don't see any way of avoiding it unless you guys have a well thought out post-life plan.

Thanks for helping us get through this.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Thanks, Captain Bringdown

Dearest CheapyD,

Given the recent increase in your references to Howard Stern and the way your laugh at times reminds me of Howard's baritone bellow, it got me wondering; if you're effectively "Howard" on the CAGcast, who is Wombat? Is he your "Robin"? Your "Artie"? Maybe "Bababooey" (a.k.a. "Fa-fa-flunky", "Ta-ta-toothy", etc.)?? A combination of those people? Someone else/some others? (Does his penchant for dress-up ring of George Takei?)

On a related note, would you care to divulge some CAGs that you consider to be 'charter members' in your own "Wack Pack"? And who makes less sense to you...Beetlejuice or me?

Hi Cheapy and Wombat,

On last week's show you were talking about Xbox LIVE issues relating to having to be logged in to access content on a different console. Ever since I read the article a while back on the Consumerist about requesting a license reset for Xbox LIVE Arcade titles I have been trying to get mine reset as well. After being hung up on by three different Xbox LIVE Customer Support reps, the final answer for me is a big fat "NO". Even though I have had to return three Xbox systems for RROD issues, I replaced my 4th replacement CORE console for a Halo 3 Special Edition (with HDMI). Their explaination was that I could have my licenses reset onto another CORE system, but not a different SKU. I pay these A-holes $50 a year and have spent several hundred dollars on Arcade content. My current living situation doesn't have access to Broadband anymore, so basically I'm SOL.

Thanks for the great show. I look forward to hearing you guys argue all week long.

P.S. Wombat, I'd appreciate it if you sent me a percentage of your UGO wages seeing that I visit now on a daily basis. I think 4 cents would do for starters.

Hello CheapyD and Wombat!

A few Cagcasts back, I remember Cheapy mentioning his old Xbox 360 and its rocket-like noise output. I am currently having the same problem. I live in a small basement and don't play games too loudly so when I insert a disc into my Xbox 360, my ears start ringing because of the jet fighter taking off beside my TV and it's really distracting my all-important cheap ass gaming. With GTA IV coming out in a couple of weeks, I'm starting to lean towards getting it on the PS3, but I am reluctant because of DLC, XBOX live, and whatnot. Should I intentionally try to RROD my fucking console in order to get it replaced, or bend down and take the ear raping like a man? Help me CheapyD and Wombat, you're my only hope.

Salutations, Mr. Cheapy and Mr. Wombat. Have you ever considered adding a third perspective to your show like other gaming podcasts? Maybe a different regular CAG guest appearance every other show? Every fifth-ish show? I recommend Simon. For he is hilarious.

Gentlemen,

What are some of you favorite games that got a mediocre score with the critics (say, 7 and under)?

How about a general prediction on the state of gaming in 5 and/or 10 years?

Cheapy & Wombat

Please insert whatever praise for the show and hosts you feel appropriate here.

OK, now onto the question. I am a 36 year old gamer. I have a decent career and am finally in a place in my life where I can spend a little extra money on myself. I have started collecting all the older consoles that I either owned as a child and some of the consoles that I always wanted but never had the money to buy growing up. So my question to you both and the rest of the CAG Community is this. For older consoles such as the Nintendo NES, Nintendo SNES, Nintendo 64, Playstation One, SEGA Dream Cast, SEGA Genesis, SEGA Saturn, and others what games would you recommend for these systems and maybe correlate them to games today. For example I really like the HALO series so I would recommend Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64, or while I have no recent comparison I would recommend Elevator Action for the Nintendo NES just because it is a corny but fun game to play.

Hired Geek

Cheapy/Wombat,

Since the Howard Stern show is in hiatus right now, I've been listening to old CAGcasts. I've found that one of the most entertaining aspects of this is hearing the speculation or predictions which ended up coming true (the 360 will get a camera peripheral) or being way off (Super Smash Brothers Brawl would be a launch title for the Wii). Could you guys please take a few moments to make some more predictions so in 2010 I can go back and listen to them and be entertained by them all over again?

By the way, the show is better than ever .. ya know it's gotta be when it fills the void left by a lack of new Stern shows. Keep up the good work.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

With the recent reveal of a remake of Sony's PS2 horror game Siren for the PS3, I wanted to ask if there were any last-gen games you would love to see get a remake to either take advantage of the graphical upgrade or give them a second chance to fix key issues with the games?

I also wanted to ask you guys what your favorite minor feature for each of the three consoles that nobody talks about? How about the most annoying minor feature they have? And the minor feature you'd like to see them get in the future?

I'm clearly in the "late adopter" category. I usually wait for things to shape up before buying the next next-gen system. I'm so frustrated with this round of next-gen systems, though. Nearly a year and change after PS3's release, there's still no clear winner; especially after the whole HD DVD/Blu-Ray shake-up.

I was finally going to bite the bullet and get a 360 this week, but then I read this editorial about how PS3 is the rig of the future because games 2 to 3 years down the line will be too big for standard DVDs and will HAVE to be on Blu-Ray. As a result, 360 owners will likely have to buy a Blu-Ray drive for their 360 (for an exorbitant price) or Microsoft will release 360s with Blu-Ray. Microsoft claims games in the future will be downloadable, so not to worry about the Blu-Ray issue. This doesn't make any sense, though. I don't want to have all my games on a hard drive. What if the drive crashes? There could $1000 worth of IP on that drive.

Don't get me wrong. I like everything about the 360. I'm all about online-competition, so the 360 seems to be for me. However, PSN could improve, but you can't improve hardware without an additional and significant investment.

Should I keep waiting to buy a system? I don't want to get a 360 now after waiting so long only to learn a few months later that a 360 with Blu-Ray is coming out.

Help me! I've got next-gen blue balls and they hurt like hell.

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

With Grand Theft Auto 4 about to hit, I'm wondering where I should buy my 360 copy. I know stores sometimes do special promotions like exclusive faceplates, gift cards, etc. What stores (online or off) will be doing special deals or exclusives for GTA4, and which would be the best place to get mine?

Hi Cheapy,

I just came across this video showing a crazy scene in a Japanese subway station:

http://www.snotr.com/video/1051

My question: Is this completely abnormal in Japan, or have you ever been pushed onto a subway train like this? (This certainly would not fly in NYC) Do you have any funny/interesting stories about the overcrowding in Japan?

-Yipwoop

Well maybe the CAGcast delay aint so bad afterall cuz I just saw the news about the next Mortal Kombat game "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe". The description and short video of the gameplay seems pretty cool and further explores what I feel was a forgotten but great fighting game mechanic, changing setting during the course of the fight. So guys, how do you think this game will turn out? it looks like they got some serious comic writers involved, Wombat, do you think they can pull off melding the MK & DC universes?

Cheapy man where is the new CAGcast? I'm wasting away over here, I need some Cheap Ass talk, HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO US!!!?!? CAN I GET A HELL YEAH!?

lol Nah just kidding but still man where is the cast?

P.S I don't want to sound like I'm singling Cheapy out because I know Wombat could also be to blame but it's your site Cheapy.

Cheapy I have to say that I really like the level system on Gamespot (your level gets higher with the amount you visit and browse the site). I know that CAG newbie, CAG in Training, CAG Veteran and CAGiversary are already here but is there any other ranking system being incorperated with CAG 2.0?

[quote name='CAGIronMan']I agree littlewildman! Where the shlibbady dibbady is the new CAGcast????!!! I want #116! :p[/quote]
lol CAN I GET A HELL YEAH!? haha. This is one of those situations.

[quote name='Yipwoop']Hi Cheapy,

I just came across this video showing a crazy scene in a Japanese subway station:

http://www.snotr.com/video/1051

My question: Is this completely abnormal in Japan, or have you ever been pushed onto a subway train like this? (This certainly would not fly in NYC) Do you have any funny/interesting stories about the overcrowding in Japan?

-Yipwoop[/quote]

Man if I was there I would be like"you know what fuck this I'll walk" lol.

Hey, I just purchased a 360, couldn't pass up on the cheap ass deal I got. Recently I have been playing a lot of Rock Band at my friend's dorm (since I commute to school) and have been having a lot of fun with it. I usually get designated to the drums since no one seems to want to play them and I actually really enjoy them. I used to play the drums in high school but never got too far with them. My friend offered me if I wanted to buy the drums off him so that we could all play online and such. I would just get the game used somewhere.

I know you both play Rock Band and since I just started playing I am not too sure of the staying power of the game. I feel that I might get bored of it after a few hours and since I don't own the game, playing at the dorms is more of a novelty.

I guess my question is, does the game actually have legs to it? I know there's a lot of DLC and stuff, but I never got into Guitar Hero and like I said before it feels more like a novelty for me at this point, but novelties can be really fun too.

Also...Wombat,

Are you interested at all in Darksiders? From what I've seen it looks interesting and I thought you might be interested since Joe Madureira who did Battle Chasers is designing it. I didn't really get into the comic series, but the few I did read I enjoyed.

edit: After my first day with xbl I must say that it is a gigantic leap from using the psn. The volume of things to download and buy if you please. The online gaming, just the games, ehh, not bad, that part is pretty equivalent to psn. People don't talk as much as I expected, and neither did I since my mic seems to be broken(the one that came w/ my 360). I must admit now that I did not think paying $50 for an online service wasn't fair, but I must retract my past judgments. It might not be worth the whole $50 if you are not using all of the services and just playing online, but it is a small price to pay for the service.

As a question, what do you think is stopping the other companies (nin/sony) to blatantly rip off xbox live? Noone (us cags) would care, in fact people would praise them for having the testicular fortitude to admit that secret codes and being free (lack of features) is competely the wrong way to go. If you got the games, which both sony and nintendo have, COD4(also huge on xbl) and SSBB respectively, than you can charge for an online service and consumers will just have to keep taking it up the a$$. Look at WOW, wtf. Who came up with that sh*t, "hey guys, lets make a game that is like other games, but, now here's the catch, we charge over $120 a year for people to play it"...Brilliant. The only faults with xbl/the 360 is lack of wifi (that sh*t is killin' me) and for some reason I download slower than psn.

Comic question for Wombat:

Do you have plans to add the comic section to the CagCast? I think there have been enough requests to get this goin.

Also, do you read TMNT comics? The series (volume 4) just returned from a 2 year hiatus with a new issue. I know these were more popular in the 80's, but I still enjoy reading the current series. TMNT is a nice change from the chaotic and sometimes hard to follow Marvel and DC universes.

Wasabi Cheapy, let us know about the CAG 2.0 updates. I'm sure the CAGs would like to know when it'll be done. I think it looks great so far! :D

Yummy.

Hi Guys I am about to acquire an 80gig Ps3. I know that it is odd but I never had a ps2, and i was wondering which ten ps2 games you would recommend I buy for use on my new ps3. Thank you

hey cheapy and wombat i was thinking about purchasing a metal gear solid 4 ps3 bundle when they come out, because i was a big fan of the series, but i was wondering if there are any other games that could justify me making this purchase or if i should just get my buddy to loan me his ps3?

Cheapy - I don't see how you can say it's about time for a new DS.

I don't understand what the rush is to replace game systems nowdays. This model of business (that they've co-opted from Apple) pretty much makes technology disposable, but at a premium price.

You seem to be advocating buying new systems over and over again - putting shame to your name of a Cheap Ass Gamer.

As a side note, with the announcement of the re-release of Siren for PS3, do you think game companies are relying too much on remakes to supplement their income? It seems like companies are relying too much on churning out remakes at random to capitalise on nostalgia or to make a quick buck.

Hey Cheapy! I have an idea for your show and a youtube video. We see all the time these Japanese knock-offs of popular gaming machines, mp3 players etc and wonder, "Who is buying this?" Well, why not you Cheapy?! Pick one up and give us a review, if nothing else but for interesting video and a laugh. The latest I found was something called "V-Sport" and looks like a Wii knockoff but with 11 games for about $80. Here is a link to the Wired story I found. What do you think?

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/04/v-sports-tries.html

Cheapy n' Wombat:
Now that we have two of the three major gaming companies with a motion sensored controller, don't you guys think that it is only fair for microsoft to also have motion controls?

I know that the sixasis was (sort of) Sony's idea, and the wiimote was Nintento's idea, but given that the gaming community always begs for new kinds of games, don't you guys think that the threemote is neccesary in some way for the 360 to keep being succesful? It could easily become a wii clone.. but with better graphics!

I know you sort of covered this in the latest episode, but if you think that this will a 100% ripoff of the wiimote if it ever comes out what new features would you suggest microsoft should add on the threemote to make it stand out?

There are a lot of free online game out there like Grand Chase, Maplestory, Mechquest, and quake live to name a few. Have you Cheapy or Wombat played any of these games, if so which ones(which would you recommend), if not which do you think you might be interested in.

Cheapy and Wombat
Why oh why is the PS3 so half assed on everything? Its a year and a half in now, why do we have no in game XMB with in game invites yet? Why do we get half assed releases with no single player such as Warhawk and Socom confrontation? Why do we get to pay $40 for a demo of Gran Turismo 5 instead of the real thing (Forza came out complete a long time ago). Why did my half assed six axis controller take a year and a half and a new purchase to get rumble which existed 10 years ago? Why don't we still have an online experience worth playing? How much longer will they delay home? (remember when it was supposed to come out in November of 07?). How come when I do decide to play online noone has a headset because Sony was too half assed to include one in the box like Microsoft? Why did I waste money on Motorstorm when after about 2 races the game gets to hard to play in race mode, but guess what? -Thats the only damn mode there is in the whole game! HALF-ASSED! Another thing- no voice chat in Hot Shots Golf? I am beginning to see a trend here. One other thing where they actually got worse- they used to have complete backward compatibility on the 60GB PS3 and now only the 40GB is out there with no PS2 game backward compatibility. They have an 80GB sku with limited backward compatibility but guess what? -They are too half assed to make more of them until the middle of June. Sony has said the PS3 will have a 10 year life span. Well it might take them that long to get their shit together. Don't even get me started on how every time I want to play a PS3 game I have to sit through 20 minutes of downloads and installs because the game was half-assed in the first place. Hell, they were even too half assed to include an HDMI cable or component cable in the box of my $600 PS3 to watch movies or even play games in high definition.

The first question is for Wombat and the second is for CheapyD. I was wondering will you be picking up your free comics for free comic book day on May 3rd ? I know Cheapy says you ask for free stuff a lot so I thought this would be perfect for you. Also is there a free comic book day in Japan and will you be getting any comics? I know I will. I have not read or bought a comic since free comic book about 3 years ago. Thanks I love the show!

Hey, just wondering if you guys would do another hype wagon, i know that if i had a ps3 or 360, i would have a pretty large hype wagon.

Hey Cheapy n' Wombat, when you two buy GTA4, what will be the 1st thing you guys will do in the game?

Thanks, love the show to death.

bread's done
Back