CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Shipwreck. . .

Let's pretend that you have a kid that is between 7-13 years old. Would you give them a $200-$250 electronic devise that they would most likely break or lose? (If someone was willing to steal my copy of double dribble in junior high, someone would certainly swipe a 3DS).

This is why, at the current price, the 3DS will not be a huge sales hit.

Dear Wombat - Why no love for Iron Man 2? I agree that it is much weaker than the 1st and it did hack up the Whiplash/Crimson stories but the humor and action made it at least popcorn flick worthy. Dare I ask why you won't even acknowledge its existence?

Dear CheapyD - You are emerging more and more as the "Indie Film guy" with your apparent hatred of many if not all of Hollywood blockbusters, in the last show it was Pirates. Would you characterize yourself this way and if so does that mean you didn't even like the 1st movie? Also you immediately wrote off the new Lego title. As a father of a son just a few years older than yours I wanted to ask that you give these titles a fair shake as nearly all of them are some of the best Kid friendly coop titles in the entire 360 portfolio, pirates included.

Dear Shipwreck - Just nitpicking on your NPD analysis last show where you implied that MC sold more than Portal 2 by a large margin. You failed to factor in one variable - Steam sales.

Hi guys here's a question I got for the 3 of you. What do you guys think about a game show on xbox live that would work with Kinect kind of like 1 vs 100 but more immersive. Looking forward to getting to talk to you guys again at this years CAG E3 party.

Are new game releases so cheap at launch (with incentives like gift cards or credit) and reduced in price a couples weeks later due to the large install base that MS and Sony have? Are developers just making it up on volume at this point?

Cheapy, have you tried any of the iPad DJ software? I have the "DJay" thing and it seems cool, just wondering what a pro thinks.

Hey CheapyD and Shipbat.

What is your thought on non-cags, even sometimes non-gamers; RSVPing to the CAG Party just because they saw it on Facebook and that there is an open bar. Is it good for publicity for the site? Or does it bother you in some way? I can't help but feel guilty -- as if they are taking advantage of a grateful situation. Thoughts?

Sub Q: Wombat said, "there is nothing that MW3 could show that could make me say... Wow!" -- how bout now after that trailer?

After the release of the new MW3 trailer, it finally seems like people are starting to grow tired of the Call of Duty franchise, as they did with Guitar Hero. So I want your predictions...

From a purely sales point a view, do you think that Black Ops was the peak of the franchise, and that we will see a slow sales decline from MW3 onward?

Dear CAG Gang,

I seek a moral compass. Is complimenting a person's new hair style, when in fact it is hideous, the right thing to do?

I am always trying to be polite to people, especially those who are having a bad day. However, I feel compliments can be misleading, especially regarding a new look. Thoughts?

-Ultra

CheapyD: Do you think that all the problems the Playstation Network being down has helped the X360 sales in Japan? Since as far as I know the PSN still is down, and I guess the Japanese people also like playing online?

Will this have anything to say on the sales of the next gen consoles in Japan? and the rest of the world for that matter?

Hi Guys, I don't know if heard if they announced the winner of the MLB 2K11 Perfect Game Challenge but they did. My question is the two winners of the contest just picked up the game for the contest and they were not fans of the series beforehand. Do you think that it does a disservice that the winner is not a fan of series or even sports games?

Wombat, would you still of brought kinect for $50 if you didn't have a kid? You seem to be enjoying it quite alot considering your (and Cheapy's) massive bashing pre-release.

Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

Have you seen the Raptr redesigned site? I like the new look that makes it easier to get to the information I care about, but I'm not a fan of the lack of the features that I used all the time (manual tracking). Since Cheapy's been in charge of launching a redesigned site, are you in favor of launching a new site more quickly without a few features or waiting for every feature to be in the new design before releasing it to the public?

hello cagcast crew, you guys talked about owning stock in some companies but never went into detail about what you owned. do you guys own any game company stock or do you invest in other sectors of the market? if you rather not say i can understand. thanks for the show.

How long until Apple decides to make a console and wipe the floor with Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo? They already have Apple TV and the Apps Store, adding a game playing system on to that foundation wouldn't be that much of a leap. The revenues that Microsoft gets from the Xbox are significant enough that Apple is going to take notice.

It wasn't that long ago that Sony and Microsoft jumped into the console game and were instantly dominant players. Apple is the best consumer products company in the world. If they make it they will easily take over the space.

Lol one reason. Volition couldn't do a RF:gurrila 2 (misspel) is because the geo mod destruction technlogly could not handle extra destruction note there was a massive lag issue whenever you caused to much destruction in gurrila and one reason they brought the game under ground was for graphical and systematic stablty the rest is stardard RF Guirilla fare lol killing aliens not fun what the fuck

Shipwreck, just wanted to let you know you were right and Cheapy was wrong. Right after hearing Cheapy's recommendation of Hitman: Blood Money, I went out and bought the game. Fortunately I was able to skip forward through most of his spoilers.

In fairness to Cheapy though, that game has been out for long enough that it wasn't really wrong for him to give out spoilers at this point.

Hey fellas first off I was wondering if my buddy and fellow CAGcast fan Wayno187 could get a shout out. His wife just gave birth to their first child last night - a beautiful baby girl named Teagan.

Also - I was wondering what game or games was not on your radar at all before E3 that you're now looking forward to? Personally my choices are Prey 2 which looks like Blade Runner the Game and Warhammer: 40,000 Space Marines. Horrible title and I assumed it was another RTS but the gameplay and graphics look amazing.

What do you think about Duke Nukem Forever having a lower metacritic score than Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard, which was basically a ripoff of the Duke franchise?

Cagbag question - Cheapy, has your man-crush on Griffin Mcelroy faded somewhat now that you have Child of Eden on the Kinect and realize that despite his review, the Kinect controls are just over-hyped garbage where you flail your arms around and unintentionally move the game camera throughout?

PS: Not saying "man-crush" like it's a bad thing. I mean I totally have a man crush on Jason Statham.

Have a great day!

Dear Wombat

How you would go about marketing a indie PC game with a budget of $0.00? Just wondering because I have a PC game out now called Clastle that needs marketed.

Hey guys,

GameStop is now selling Microsoft-refurbished 360 Pros (with a 20 gig hdd) for 100 bux. I've never had a 360. Obviously the price is right, but would RRODing/other defects be a concern with this model? I don't want to get one and have it useless after a couple of months, ya know?

(here's a link to the product page, if that helps: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/consoles/xbox-360-pro-20gb-microsoft-refurbished/75847 )

Thanks.

CAGCAST Question - Has a game ever brought a subject to your attention that you found interesting, but that you previously...

• did not know of?
  • had little interest in?

Hey guys, I'm curious what your opinion is of OCD achievement completionists. I find myself constantly looking at guides and walkthroughs to maximize my cheesemint score and I was curious if you guys do the same, specifically Shipwreck seeing as how he always adds a note about achievements in his reviews.

I don't know if this was ever mentioned on the show or any of the boards, but wasn't Shipwreck doing some kind of video review for Mortal Kombat? What ever happened to that?

Last week when Wombat was talking about the Transformers having lasers, I think he was thinking of The Go-Bots. Growing up I was always a Go-Bots fan over Transformers. I mean come on, Guns or Lasers? Fricken Lasers every time! PEW-PEW! Shipwreck, did you also collect Go-Bots figures?

And I'm with Cheapy, the Transformers movies are awful. They've got all the entertainment value one could expect from a feature length Chevy commercial.

Hi guys, love the show and especially the fun things you had with each other like wombat is a dick the game! Unfortunately I couldn't find castel, can you make sure you had it right and that It is for the iPhone. Also, what is the status on the cag app... Me Want!!!!! Love the show and a huge thanks to wombat for the how did this get made show. Would you guys be willing to do a section like this about video games?

Actually just started watching the show and I love it! I just wanted to see if you guys thought the upcoming Captain America game had any chance at being half decent. It's a shame most of the superhero (movie tie in) games are garbage because of I think their is a huge fanbase that would like a legit superhero game, and not a cash grab.

@shipwreck as a fellow Relient K fan (been a fan since their Skittles and Combos days) thanks for the update on new songs :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14040349

Scientists in Australia have found the skeleton of a "giant wombat" which lived some two million years ago. The plant-eating marsupial would have been the size of a four-wheel drive car and weighed three tonnes, experts say. Its bones were found on a farm in north-eastern Australia's Queensland state.

The find is one of Australia's most significant pre-historic discoveries ever because the skeleton is complete, experts say. It is the first time a complete skeleton of a Diprotodon optatum has been uncovered. The animal was widespread across Australia about 50,000 years ago, when it is believed the first indigenous people lived.

Prof Mike Archer, a professor of biological science at the University of New South Wales, described the discovery as extraordinary. "We found the most gigantic marsupial ever known," he told the BBC. "These were very huge animals but with pouches. If one tried to visualise what this thing looked like, you'd have to sort of think of a gigantic wombat on steroids."

Hey guys. What are your thoughts on some of the lesser hyped games coming out this year, like Catherine, El Shaddai & Neverdead?

Cheapy, my brother in law and I were talking and watching some game shows from Japan and America and comparing them. I figured with you living over there, you would have a good idea on what the better game shows were if you watched them. Could you give any recommendations on what you think the best one is over there that tends to be the most stereotypical Japan game show?

For a week now Steam has been the hottest thread topic on CAG. Do you guys feel that you are missing out by not owning a gaming PC?

It's pretty common now for Windows games to have Xbox controller support. You could even hook up your gaming PC to your TV via the HDMI port and get the same HD that you get from your consoles. Nintendo and Sony come out with new portables and you buy them right away but rarely use them.

As hardcore cheap ass gamers wouldn't you get more enjoyment using that money on a gaming PC and taking advantage of these great Steam sales?

For a site specifically targeting cheap ass gamers, I'm surprised you guys pretty much only discuss new releases, 3D TVs, Kinnect add-on's, 3DS's, etc. It feels like you guys have been living in the ivory tower for so long that you've forgotten about us unwashed masses. So...

1. How about a feature where the poorest member of the CAGcast (sorry, Wombat) goes out and buys a $10 game once in a while and reviews it. I remember tons of times where you guys have mentioned that you'd "get around" to playing a game (Ship with Batman, Cheapy with FEAR 2, etc.) but you don't cover it.

How do you guys feel about the term "gaming journalist" being used to describe what the blog sites and gaming sites do? Does reissuing press releases, writing about CEO he said/ he said and writing opinions on games warrant being called a journalist?

I'm pretty sure Entertainment Weekly does all that stuff for movies and tv shows but if you talked to people there I'm pretty sure they'd call themselves "entertainment writers." Or sports writers. They don't call themselves "sports journalists." Semantics I know but could you imagine some dude from Joystiq going up to someone who just came from Libya for CNN or something and saying "Hey, I'm a journalist too!!"?

It's July and a few game sites (and a ton of music blogs) have put out "Best of" lists for 2011 so far. What are your picks for the first half of this year? It doesn't need to be as elaborate as your year-end special, just your top 2-3 would suffice.

hi guys, just wondering what your opinion is on bill s.978, do you think this bill will actually pass and if it does what effect do you think it will have on the YouTube gaming community?

also Alpha kenny buddy :)

Cheapy, did you end up finishing black passenger yellow cab and what did you think about the book? Are japanese woman really that easy? And if so, do you know any reasonably priced apartments in tokyo? Also did the author get in touch with you. He contacted me on gmail chat a few times (which was strange) asking how I was enjoying the book and where I heard about it. I told him from here and he said he would try to get in touch with you to thank you. He seems pretty nice for a guy whose aborted a brady bunch worth of kids.

[quote name='trunks982']u know what cheapy should do? he should sign a few copies of saints row 3 platinum pack and give them away in a contest. that would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Came across this post in a thread elsewhere on the site, and thought it'd be a great suggestion for a charity fundraiser in the future.

Leading up to E3 there were tons of $50 or more gift card deals on Xbox 360s and PS3s, with everyone assuming there would be some price drops. Post E3 nothing has been mentioned, and the CAG in me is screaming "What gives?"

Hey guys I entered and got accepted to be press at EVO 2011 in Vegas. Suffice to say I'm hella excited to go and I'd just like to ask your advice for what I should do while I'm there? Both as my first press pass event and as a first time to Vegas. I have gone to PAX but just as a fan.

Thanks and keep up the bombastic work

bread's done
Back